Verified:

Dissident Game profile

Jul 18th 2017, 17:20:30

Also... And lastly, DONT start a new clan. You'll get farmed into oblivion because you wont be able to protect yourself. Elders is the newest clan thats been around for 2 years. Only reason they still exist is because they want you to try and fight em... but they're full of veteran fighters and pirates. Truly the scourge of the server... no netting set is completely safe anymore.

Lol... Ok im in elders. So is derrick.

But laf must at least admit that the existence of the elders has changed the server some... ya?

Marshal Game profile

Jul 18th 2017, 19:24:36

well red and ragnarok are fresh alliances if they are considered as new tags not old ones returning (and original red merged to evo).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Makinso Game profile

Jul 18th 2017, 23:10:22

So autumn

It would be cool to see you bring others into this game. Not sure what other games use IRC for coordination atm?

sinistril Game profile

Jul 19th 2017, 0:39:59

Not even sure why EE still uses IRC for coordination tbh. Least efficient method I've ever seen on any game haha.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Catchy Game profile

Jul 19th 2017, 1:09:43

Ragnarok is a group who used to play there who decided to bring it back. We didn't get Ruthie cause I didn't tell her I was making the tag before she agreed to join SoL.

Newbies are welcome, though with only 4 of us we can obviously provide less mentoring than some of the larger active alliances. Probably not a good way to sell it, but want to be honest in hopes of getting the newb to stick around a while.

Nice to see we are making our presence known this set though :)

Ruthie

Jul 22nd 2017, 15:28:45

Why would Ragnarok be considered a new tag?

We are one of the oldest tags in the game and have brought the tag back. It just hasnt been seen in a very long time but we still have the original web site lol

6 members now :)
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Marshal Game profile

Jul 22nd 2017, 15:51:32

well years ago laf gave to cwg either nap or simple dnh (and cwg had been gone only a ~year) due being "new" alliance (or something like that *) and a "promise" to get it upped to unap after 2 weeks if we had behaved well (hard to believe but we did behave long enuf to get that unap).

*icq logs are messed up and no more cwg-site which we used at that time.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 22nd 2017, 21:51:59

Originally posted by Dissident:
Also... And lastly, DONT start a new clan. You'll get farmed into oblivion because you wont be able to protect yourself. Elders is the newest clan thats been around for 2 years. Only reason they still exist is because they want you to try and fight em... but they're full of veteran fighters and pirates. Truly the scourge of the server... no netting set is completely safe anymore.

Lol... Ok im in elders. So is derrick.

But laf must at least admit that the existence of the elders has changed the server some... ya?

I gotta answer this. Yes, Elders changes stuff. No arguement.

New clans surviving their first time on the sever is a given now tho. Bots are their cannon fodder. No tag will ever be farmed out of the game as long as the bots work. Except of course if several of the big tags decide we have enough players.

You may not like them but you gotta agree that bots make playing untagged possible and playing a small tag not only doable but also quite easy nowadays.

No one can farm a small tag for the purpose of building their country, since there are better targets out there that don't retal unpredictably. Sure you can farm a tag out of existance based on malice still but it will likely come at a high cost.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 23rd 2017, 5:44:56

Haha. I agree with gerdler mostly! Its a christmas miracle!

One thing i will say, you could read the entire wiki and help files and still not have a clue what we are all doing here. 20 years ago i died like a fool many sets in a row until i answered a recruitment message and another human showed me wtf was going on. It isnt a type of game that you can feel out and do alright at lol.

The only way new players get into the game is by flopping down a massive sausage and trying really hard to make a fire to cook it. Thats how RED came about afterall. But not every newb is just gonna create a country and farm bots and net well lol. Its been on us and its always been on us, as players, to create a teaching environment for the new players that actually show up every set. Because they do...

Its just hard to find those teachers. We need a tutorial mode or something....

Even war tags have a hard time finding warleaders anymore. Used to be a coveted position Most of us old fluffs just wanna run our turns and call it a day.....

sinistril Game profile

Jul 23rd 2017, 6:08:08

Tutorial mode, yeah... or we could work together and produce a YouTube channel with decent quality tutorials? I honestly think if the game was given a bit sleeker of a look, had better marketing across places like platforms like YouTube, Twitter, etc and had a few tweaks to things like recruitment messages (a recruitment forum would be an extremely easy start that Pang or someone could implement immediately but a section for recruitment would be better), tutorials, and so on the game could grow back to where it was. Hell,there are old MUDs that updated their look and are still around.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Oceana Game profile

Jul 23rd 2017, 8:52:56

Always be prepared for war, to net have some running strong to provide cover and take all retals
make smart pacts

IgnitionCWG Game profile

Jul 26th 2017, 20:14:10

/mode Push cash butthan receive top10!
*Splat*

Riddler Game profile

Jul 29th 2017, 19:44:42

LaF has a some good people, like most alliances here. Would have liked to see you in Rage but hey, you'll learn under some good leadership over there. Welcome to the game, hope you stick around, and who knows maybe you'll be in Rage in due time lol A lot of players have jumped around a time or 3. Most of us old Ragers are hardcore about our alliance and prefer to stay where we are, we've become more family than friends