Verified:

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 5:17:05

Chevs

Jan 12th 2011, 5:28:26

Mr. Loughner posted the messages in a private forum associated with the online game Earth Empires. On Tuesday, the site's administrator in a public forum admonished members for sharing information with the media.

In a separate forum, the administrator wrote that he would cooperate with federal authorities if asked. "I want this information to get to the right hands, but I want to make sure it's done through the proper legal means," he wrote.

I was wondering why that thread had 4000 views. media is lol
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 12th 2011, 5:35:24

:(

the genie is out of the bottle
I guess I may as well think about posting the whole threads so people can derive context.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

oats Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 5:39:54

"Some fellow gamers offered employment advice. One suggested construction work, another that he become a stripper."

I'm unsure what to think of this. They may as well start reporting quotes off the facebook groups, 'Overheard around xxx campus', if this is any way relevant.

Who claims the stripper suggestion, anyways? Congrats on making the WSJ. You should post this in your workspace.

Nasjym Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 5:42:15

Who suggested he become a stripper? o.O

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 5:46:33

We say to many stupid things in here to ever want to be quoted in RL
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

Kyatoru Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 5:51:27

Wow.

Join Sanct? :/
+Kya

Fooglmog Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 5:53:19

I find this unfortunate, but hardly unexpected. I also think that the article deals with our community reasonably fairly. The quotes they chose from the forum here represent the overall feeling we have (rather than the outliers) and they haven't gone out of their way to demonize games in general or our community.

He was here. He posted his thoughts and most of our responses were reasonable to the situation. I don't know if those facts will hold as this spreads through other media... but the WSJ did a good job with that article. It's the truth, without excessive spin.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

warlorde Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 5:53:24

Originally posted by SakitSaPuwit:
We say to many stupid things in here to ever want to be quoted in RL

makes you want to stop spamming boards.... some things taken out of context that only people reading these boards would understand. like the stripper comment

Nasjym Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 5:53:47

Yeah, I bet I've given some god awful advice jokingly in the past.. and that is some crazy advertising for sanct in there, hope you have your applications disabled, you're probably going to have your site flooded just so they can peak around for nothing. :P

Speaker Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 5:58:01

I'm taking bets Kemo suggested being a stripper.

Jan 12th 2011, 6:00:34

could you imagine how out of context some of our conversations come be made to look?

/me runs to hide sheeps pole, and all the turtle pron!
but what do i know?

Jan 12th 2011, 6:01:19

wow my spelling/grammar still suck
but what do i know?

Nasjym Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 6:06:10

Not only does it suck, but the whole world will be critiquing it now!

Kyatoru Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 6:07:42

I better post the killa/kya sex video insite so it gets 'leaked' and I become a big star...
+Kya

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 6:07:47

Oh my. This article is the lead article on the FRONT PAGE of the Wall Street Journal's website.
Smarter than your average bear.

Nasjym Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 6:10:12

Maybe we could solicit some ad space

warlorde Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 6:10:35

Originally posted by SakitSaPuwit:
wow my spelling/grammar still suck

if you are ever suspect of anything they will also hold beastiality over your head

oats Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 6:13:23

Is there any way we can get them to believe that he posted as KILLERfluffY as well?

I want to see those quotes on the WSJ frontpage.

AxAlar Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 6:17:43

Originally posted by Nasjym:
Yeah, I bet I've given some god awful advice jokingly in the past.. and that is some crazy advertising for sanct in there, hope you have your applications disabled, you're probably going to have your site flooded just so they can peak around for nothing. :P

I hope not =/
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Soviet Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 6:20:34

Originally posted by AxAlar:

I hope not =/

Send them to http://www.letskillstuff.org

We'll take care of them. :)
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

Jan 12th 2011, 6:23:54

was about to ask "who is going to be the first to try and recruit all the new media/recruits
but what do i know?

AxAlar Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 6:24:46

Originally posted by Soviet:
Originally posted by AxAlar:

I hope not =/

Send them to http://www.letskillstuff.org

We'll take care of them. :)

Sounds like the worst idea I've heard all day ;p

Originally posted by Speaker:
I'm taking bets Kemo suggested being a stripper.

Whatcha bettin? :)
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
MSN:

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 6:27:12

jeez isn't it great one of our alliances websites is letskillstuff.org. I'm sure people won't take that out of context...

AxAlar Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 6:27:54

^that
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
MSN:

Soviet Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 6:28:48

If it's enough to get a front page news story about it, I'm game.
Imaginary Numbers

Fooglmog Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 6:32:54

For the most part guys, I think we can relax about what might be read. There's nothing within our community that's worse than the rants and ramblings that are common in the comments of youtube or news sites. And, frankly, coherent and reasoned discourse is far more common here than in either of those other venues.

There's no reason to go out of our way to give the media access to private alliance sites... but I don't think we really have much to fear even if the media were to somehow access every forum related to this game.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

oats Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 6:36:15

If they categorize him as a troubled mind by the posts I'd hate to see the label that would be given to some posters here.

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 7:07:36

sub concious rapist could be one of many labels....
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

SaRaveok Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 9:01:06

"Around the 9th grade, recalls Mr. Montanaro, Mr. Loughner abandoned the old games and started playing Earth: 2025, now called Earth Empires, a text-based game in which players assume the form of a country and develop its economy. Players form clans and battle other clans."

Lol, just had to post that, and point out one thing...

Earth Empires is a CLONE of Earth 2025, Doesn't Jolt/OMAC still hold the rights to it?

since WSJ is basically saying that Earth 2025 changed its name to Earth Empires, couldn't that cause a small problem?
General of The Fallen
---------------------------
MSN:
IRC: #thefallen on Gamesurge

Application For The Fallen: http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?appID=1142

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 12th 2011, 9:04:03

Pretty sure they be reading our forums now. Funnier thing I work for Red Robin... I noticed they mentioned that he had worked there too. I thinking about walking into work and saying something funny tomorrow...lets see I play the same game and work for the same company. NAH.

But yeah pretty sad that they are taking things way too out of context.
Kemo way to promote your stripper/pimp business.
So WSJ....I am galleri and I am with imag...come see us at:

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

SaRaveok Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 9:07:15

galleri, maybe he was trying to be more like you...

cept for a few certain key features
General of The Fallen
MSN:

Application For The Fallen: http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?appID=1142

KeSSie Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 9:24:31

Soviet...Galli..If ya'll cause an influx of media nubs to come pouring into my DC..I'm not gonna be a very happy camper! :-P
EL YAY!

SaRaveok Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 9:26:58

I still don't know why i was taken out of DC

my new DL doesn't like me humping him
General of The Fallen
MSN:

KeSSie Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 9:47:16

Cuz you started with us last set and you've shown and proven yourself to be an active and valuable part of iMag. Therefore, you achieve full member status and move on to a more permanent division..Unless/until you get kidnapped into another division. :-P

As for the humpage..All I can tell ya is to be patient..maybe he'll come around! heh ;-D <3 <3
EL YAY!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 9:50:53

send them to Mickster, they can interview him in his speedoes.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

TAN Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 10:55:29

BAD PUBLICITY IS GOOD PUBLICITY! watch the n00bs stream in!
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Thomas Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 11:02:03

We have a lot of fun talking about random things in Collab. Some of the comments were obviously made to lighten the mood and make people laugh, rather than piling more fluff on the guy with his troubles.

Obviously if any of us felt this was possible, comments like the stripper one and others wouldn't have been made if we knew it would be received as though we were poking fun or mocking him.

I guess you just never know though :/

spawn Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 12:27:17

Dear Mrs Berzon, Mr. Emshwiller and Mr. Guth, were all the forum titles/post really of that much importance to your article? wouldnt writing that his twisted thoughts and his downgrading mental stability were reflected in his posts?
i'm not judging since i'm no media person/journalist, just curious

-----------------------------------------------------------------

at least only Pang was quoted, and i think only the stripper comment was somewhat out of context, since the article suggested that it was a serious reply
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

spawn Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 12:30:46

ohh and since the media is reading this forum they could at least mention that DJ Tiesto is/was playing EE or E2025 as well :P
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 13:15:33

The future is unfolding right before my eyes:

A mainstream media outlet will get a hold of that wsj article, and do a 'special report' on the 'Postings of a Troubled Mind'. The reporter will start out with the tiniest disclaimer ever that the information came from the wsj (assuming whoever sent the wsj the postings hasn't sent them to everyone else as well), and then launch into an episode of conspiracy theories and spooky music, while later on showing video clippings of idiotic people in public office blaming the "vitriolic rhetoric" as a main cause of the tragedy.

They will undoubtedly show a graphic of a computer screen as it scrolls down the "Arizona Shooter was a Sanct/LCN/SOLer" thread in this forum.

And then, someone, somewhere, will be watching the news at that very moment, and say to his parents "Hey, look, that's me!", while pointing to a line of text with a yellow smiley face as the graphic scrolls through that thread.

And then he'll be banned from playing Earth:Empires for forever.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Tim C.

Jan 12th 2011, 13:24:47

Hey guys - what you have coming your way. It's not going to be fun. Unfortunately I got put through the same ringer back in 1997 when two guys (Alex Baranyi and David Anderson) killed a family of four, and the media associated my gaming group with the killers. What followed was three weeks of hell and a lifetime of being tangentially associated with a mass murder. And I had it easy compared to what you all are about to go through. I've sent an email to the forum admin offering to help if he wants based on what I went through, and to link him up with some of the professional gaming associations out there who can help in times like this when the media wants to portray games as "causing" a mass murder. Good luck, you're going to need it.

Tim C.

ViLSE Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 13:28:04

Ouch, this is sad. There is nothing this game or gaming community has done to deserve this. I hope media will keep things in perspective.

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 13:46:54

Personally, I think we as a community will be more than strong enough to withstand whatever the media or anyone else will try to throw at us or label us as or associate us with.

Seriously, we've gone through years of bot warfare, apathetic administrators, hackers, and other undesirables to get to where we are now. A couple weeks of media scrutiny will have little if any effect here.

Edited By: NukEvil on Jan 12th 2011, 14:04:22
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Chevs

Jan 12th 2011, 14:00:21

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Personally, I think we as a community will be more than strong enough to withstand whatever the media or anyone else will try to throw at us or label us as or associate us with.

Seriously, we've gone through years of bot warfare, apathetic administrators, hackers, and other undesirables to get to where we are now. A couple weeks of media scrutiny will have little if any affect here.

Yeah SoF and SoL will ruin the game before the media right NukEvil??? haha jk i like your post
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

TAN Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 14:14:31

Refer all media to AT's FA contact, me. I will tell them to stfu or else AB FS.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

oats Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 14:16:13

I think the reason this story remains relevant is because the goofballs have turned it into a partisan politics story. Now we have the hardcore right wing idiots defending their name and the not so bright left people making a media circus to inform the public that the right wingnuts have created a media circus.

That's the fuel stoking the fire. Hardly anybody cares about the mind of the murderer. They're most selfish and foolish people who've transposed their petty argument onto a new story.

I'm sure a few people will follow the lead to the game. Mostly, however, the ones keeping the story alive just like to hear themselves talk and argue. I hope they never make their way here.

mrford Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 15:03:37

This community has been around since 1996.

Let the media do their worst, as we have been through worse.

This game had nothing to do with his troubled mind as I'm sure the 10-20 min he played is a day was insignificant compared to other influences.

But there is no room for truth in the media, so we shall see how this plays out.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

TAN Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 15:37:48

Originally posted by mrford:

But there is no room for truth in the media, so we shall see how this plays out.

wat?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 15:50:00

"no room for truth in journalism" is a popular saying

I just threw media in there instead
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford