Verified:

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 15:54:11

Originally posted by Chevs:
Yeah SoF and SoL will ruin the game before the media right NukEvil??? haha jk i like your post

I've spotted an opportunity to take this a bit further:

Originally posted by mrford:

This game had nothing to do with his troubled mind as I'm sure the 10-20 min he played is a day was insignificant compared to other influences.

Well...he DID play in SOL...jk
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 16:45:18

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
For the most part guys, I think we can relax about what might be read. There's nothing within our community that's worse than the rants and ramblings that are common in the comments of youtube or news sites. And, frankly, coherent and reasoned discourse is far more common here than in either of those other venues.

If the at-archive search function was working correctly, some of the stuff posted within our own community in the past 10 years would absolutely horrify the common, curious reporter looking for a scoop. Whether or not the people who posted it had left long before now...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 18:31:07

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...ts.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Oh lord, we made the Daily Fail...

Galandy Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 18:40:44

Who the hell is feeding the media?

Their stupidity and misquotes really aren't needed.

Plus he wasn't even in Imagnum. Everyone knows that's where all the nutcases hang out. Random fluke this kid had anything to do with the game in the first place.
<[FBI]ZEN> Which is funny...because I am Spanish and Native American mixed....which means I am a Mexican....
<Galandy>move to canada ZEN everyone else does
<[FBI]ZEN> And breed with a Quebecian
<[FBI]ZEN> To make the ultimate snob/migrant worker

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 18:41:18

Let's see if the URL parser will parse this correctly...

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&;hl=en&q=arizona+shooter+%22earth:empires%22&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=83f87efc6f926f13

hold on, lemmee fix that...

Screw it; here's a tinyurl instead:

http://tinyurl.com/6x3m6cf

Edited By: NukEvil on Jan 12th 2011, 18:47:04
See Original Post

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 18:42:03

Originally posted by NukEvil:

pfft. if he was a keen player of Earth:Empires, he wouldn't have had 65 problems getting a job, because most of the keen players know how to do advanced mathematics, or at least knon how to program a bot to do it for them.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Galandy Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 18:43:39

I got hired by a fellow earther here not long ago (2-3years?)

We are one of the more supportive groups so long as your a sane one at heart.
<[FBI]ZEN> Which is funny...because I am Spanish and Native American mixed....which means I am a Mexican....
<Galandy>move to canada ZEN everyone else does
<[FBI]ZEN> And breed with a Quebecian
<[FBI]ZEN> To make the ultimate snob/migrant worker

Fooglmog Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 18:48:32

Originally posted by Galandy:
Who the hell is feeding the media?

Their stupidity and misquotes really aren't needed.

No one is anymore... the WSJ got the posts, anything else we see will almost certainly be rehashed based on their article. And since they can't just copy and paste what's already written, they'll rewrite it based on their understanding of the WSJ article. Imperfect copies of imperfect copies. More mistakes will continue to creep in.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Jan 12th 2011, 18:56:26

well, maybe he was a keen player, but he wasn't a leet player.
leet player's of earth pretty much need a CEO skillset.

Pain Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 19:05:48

i read the article, im suprised they didnt try to demonize the game like most reporters would have to get attention.

Your mother is a nice woman

Chevs

Jan 12th 2011, 19:11:20

SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 12th 2011, 19:30:33

'I bet your hungry....Because i know how to cut a body open and eat you for more then a week. ;-).'

You know I could see many people in a gamer community saying that. It's just how some act online.

Dear Media......
Boobs or GTFO!

Oh and I have a demand Pang! That pic they used for EarthEmpires in the Daily Mail....I WANT!for my countries :P Get busy!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

hanlong Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 19:32:18

uh... maybe this will get us more players in this game?
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

joe2 Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 19:34:35

anyone notice the picture they used for EE in the article Nuke posted lol

Jan 12th 2011, 19:35:42

ROFLMAO. galleri is asking for boobs? thought she was like beaudaciously endowed...

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 19:42:50

...why do I have the feeling they used a graphic from Empire Earth instead of from Earth:Empires?

Jan 12th 2011, 19:45:20

same reason that Thorndike posted Laughner instead of Loughner, they're a bunch of noobs.

Steeps Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 19:56:12

Originally posted by joe2:
anyone notice the picture they used for EE in the article Nuke posted lol

Is it me or have the graphics been stepped up slightly since E:2025? :D

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 12th 2011, 20:00:45

I just want everyone else's boobs pics.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Jan 12th 2011, 20:03:06

...why do I have the feeling they used a graphic from Empire Earth instead of from Earth:Empires?

don't they have like some kinda union that gives them advanced training opportunities and guarantees that the twerps are actually qualified to report something accurately?

Speaker Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 20:06:56

Laughner and Fagner were nicknames we always called Jared by in RL. The EE picture is pretty funny.

I wonder when Pang will release all the posts to public?

Jan 12th 2011, 20:11:02

it pretty much qualifies as never, while EE might hold the rights to those posts, they were posted under 3 different clan sites and for all intensive purposes, belonged to the members of those 3 clans and were never meant to be released to the public.

oats Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 20:49:25

Make people create a game account to access the posts.

Then just give them martian spam.

BlackMamba Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 21:23:13

The stupid motherfluffers showed a graphic from Empire Earth instead of Earth Empires. The media has a bias against text based games :p

BlackMamba Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 21:24:22

Originally posted by oats:
Make people create a game account to access the posts.

Then just give them martian spam.

Let's do this ASAP, make creating countries a requirement for viewing the forums.

ShoukanMahou

Jan 13th 2011, 0:11:57

This strange connection, unfortunate as it is, led me here after years of retirement. Never expected to wake up and find this game in the news.

CGiboney Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 0:24:59

boobs

Unholy Monks

crazyserb Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 0:55:26

thats some crazy sh!t there....
anyhow i wonder if anyone new will start playing this game now that they know it turns you into a maniac.

j/k

Purposeful1 Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 1:17:22

I can imagine the fallout in Empire Earth already... lol.
Purposeful1

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 13th 2011, 1:22:53

I'm concerned people are going to come here expecting Empire Earth, based on the screenshots from one article, and be severely disappointed in the lack of a real time strategy aspect :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

mrford Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 1:29:50

there are 2 ppl that were in our IRC room that created countries

or so they say
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

kemo Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 1:45:22

collab has already had 1 dumbass journalist apply
all praised to ra

Klown Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 1:47:09

Wrong thread

kemo Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 1:49:55

probly but im a lazy fluff and this was the thread i was in when i membered that
all praised to ra

Rockman Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 1:54:31

Originally posted by kemo:

Now Kemo, there are people watching us, we need to be politically correct. They are not 'dumbass', they are intellectually challenged.

Detmer Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 1:55:31

Originally posted by Rockman:
Originally posted by kemo:

Now Kemo, there are people watching us, we need to be politically correct. They are not 'dumbass', they are intellectually challenged.

LOL. Collab is about to have a smear job run on them!

kemo Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 1:57:33

he didnt even try to bull fluff the questions. he just left everything blank. he gets no sympathy from me
all praised to ra

CrisX1

Jan 13th 2011, 3:42:37

haha sanct.
ICN- Alliance Server

Junky Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 3:53:00

I told you the 4k or so views were media :-P well outsiders wanting to get a view of the comunity he played in.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Junky Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 4:08:39

ps... man did they take alot from the forums... I bet 75% was from it.. and then adding what happed to cause the post.

Foobooy Evolution Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 4:19:00

This is so bizarre, I see Earth Empires in the WSJ and on the news tonight and now I find them quoting NukEvil!

Junky Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 4:28:06

Originally posted by Foobooy Evolution:
This is so bizarre, I see Earth Empires in the WSJ and on the news tonight and now I find them quoting NukEvil!

of all people right. I demand JUSTICEEEE.

Foobooy Evolution Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 4:31:26

Originally posted by Junky:

I haven't seen them attribute yet, I think they are too self respecting to use internets handles in news pieces.

"Quote about Earth Empires - NukEvil"

NukE got snubbed

Junky Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 4:34:28

Originally posted by Foobooy Evolution:
Originally posted by Junky:

I haven't seen them attribute yet, I think they are too self respecting to use internets handles in news pieces.

"Quote about Earth Empires - NukEvil"

NukE got snubbed

damn... I wanna by an article that uses my handle to say "BAM!!!" and point to it.... though the name Junky might be a reason why I wouldn't want to be quoted...

Junky Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 4:38:00

I've noticed that anything todo with Arizona, the dude, or both in the same topic... have generated alot of "views".. that is all.

AoS Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 6:15:45

Craziness. I didn't know about this until I saw Pang posting about it on Facebook.

The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

Junky Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 6:33:03

you think the media will give us reps?? I'm low on bushels....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 13th 2011, 7:19:41

lol did they actually quote Nuk?

incidentally, i don't think the media has a bias against text based games, i think a bunch of them just don't understand what a text-based game is. In as far as that implies that there are no graphics :)
Finally did the signature thing.

AoS Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 8:17:38

Heh, yeah, on the chat earlier, someone logged on from Mibbet, and I don't know if they were actually a reporter or not, but their first question was "How much bloodshed is in this game" or something along those lines. Text-based games are a thing of the past.
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

Drinks Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 10:03:16

AoS you should have told them that last time you checked there was no blood in text.

And it is crazy that the WSJ article is almost completely based on the information from forum posts.

Edit: Is that the most interesting information they could find on him. Love the stripper comment haha.

Edited By: Drinks on Jan 13th 2011, 10:05:55
See Original Post
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic