Verified:

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 13:23:22

Heads up:

http://www.cnn.com/...ostings/index.html?hpt=T2

Originally posted by CNN:
Investigators are examining the postings on Allin's site, according to a law enforcement source.

Originally posted by CNN:
The investigation into the postings is part of a pledge from law enforcement authorities to pursue every lead relating to Saturday's shooting.

So I guess we can look forward to an investigation sooner or later.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

ViLSE Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 13:35:56

Well I am sure that whichever investigator comes around will get everything that we have got that could be of any help.

spawn Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 13:40:19

read this in some article yesterday

"Police were tonight investigating the online postings..."

so your post is old news Nuke ;)
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

trumper Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 15:01:28

Originally posted by spawn:

What's sad about it is that several players e-mailed the FBI and it took the news media reporting on it before the FBI followed up. Goes to show that perhaps it's a waste of time to send the FBI tips.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 15:08:33

Originally posted by trumper:
Originally posted by spawn:

What's sad about it is that several players e-mailed the FBI and it took the news media reporting on it before the FBI followed up. Goes to show that perhaps it's a waste of time to send the FBI tips.

i don't believe that's an accurate statement. you're essentially stating that the FBI's investigation is being influenced by the media, and i don't believe that's the case.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

de1i Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 16:23:44

Considering how retarded these articles are, I sure as hell hope the FBI wouldn't take the media seriously :P

braden Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 16:46:31

regardless of the media reporting anything, you'd have to think a basic check of internet history would lead them right here or boxcar..

it doesn't take a top tiered investigator to check firefox browsing history

(misread what trumper meant, sorry!)

Fooglmog Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 17:31:17

Pang spoke to the FBI yesterday. I believe he gave them what we have and everything is sorted out as far as we're concerned with them.

As for the WSJ getting here before the FBI, let's remember that they have different priorities. If the WSJ doesn't get the information quickly, it may no longer be relevant enough to print or it may have been printed by someone else. There's a strong financial incentive there.

In the case of the FBI, however, time is not crucial. Loughner is in prison and will stay there. The only relevance that this information has in the near future is in court -- and that's long enough away that the FBI can take their time to investigate thoroughly.

Speed and thoroughness are not the same thing. My confidence in the FBI is certainly not lowered by the fact that the WSJ got here first.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

trumper Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 17:34:37

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
Pang spoke to the FBI yesterday. I believe he gave them what we have and everything is sorted out as far as we're concerned with them.

As for the WSJ getting here before the FBI, let's remember that they have different priorities. If the WSJ doesn't get the information quickly, it may no longer be relevant enough to print or it may have been printed by someone else. There's a strong financial incentive there.

In the case of the FBI, however, time is not crucial. Loughner is in prison and will stay there. The only relevance that this information has in the near future is in court -- and that's long enough away that the FBI can take their time to investigate thoroughly.

Speed and thoroughness are not the same thing. My confidence in the FBI is certainly not lowered by the fact that the WSJ got here first.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

They sure do take their time. One local investigation took four years and it's still raging. I still doubt they ever read those emails or gave them credence.

Fooglmog Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 17:43:51

I suspect that they would have followed up on them eventually. They must get a huge number of e-mails when something like this takes place, and I doubt that it's usually the most productive course of investigation. The resources they put into following up on e-mail leads like that are probably pretty limited.

If they get a hundred e-mails -- and only put a couple investigators on them, it's going to take a couple days to get through them all.

I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 13th 2011, 18:42:06

I'm not going to comment on the authorities involvement in this, other than to say that we've cooperated with them fully and we in no way want to hamper their investigation into this matter.

Everyone was very nice and professional in this matter, and I appreciate the efforts of both TC and the authorities in working to get it resolved quickly and without any service disruptions to any of our users.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

king7012 Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 19:21:07

Ok...

First of all i have to say is yes, this community is extremely strong and self sufficient. When the earth2025 was coming to an end the individuals who were long time players since young teenagers stayed together and continued to play the game on the clone version. This alone should help in a long standoff with media and critics alike trying to associate this game with the reason a person who went on a killing spree.

The majority of the players are no longer mid-late teens who get "pissy" when something is said and now actually take the time to review, understand and put together a reasonable response.

As for the media.. There job is to create ways to bring in viewers, and if that means taking comments like someone should become a stripper and twisting it to bring in ratings then thats what they are going to do.

Personally i believe this community has done wonderful things for many different people across the world. There were times when even myself was having hard times emotionally and people were there to help me through it. Even to this day I still talk to and visit other eathers and they have become long standing friends who are still there to help when needed.

So i guess to finish the rambling i just have to say to stay strong and try your best to not let the media paint this game with blood.

king7012 Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 19:22:48

Oh and Nasjym your still a two bit hooker. :)

jaabaa Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 4:55:00

We have a chance to use this attention and become larger than ever.

Fooglmog Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 5:54:45

You're a month too late jaabaa.

Let's not resurrect this thread again.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

QM Diver Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 7:58:40

I agree with the King7012...

That and I think The Foog, has been paid by the FBI's agent, Dana Skully, to always say the FBI is an outstanding institution!

I'd prolly pay to kiss her ass!

Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Junky Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 8:24:11

/me Slaps QM Diver for resurrecting this thread, I'd almost suggest just deleting this but keeping it in file JIC
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.