Verified:

KyleCleric Game profile

Nov 3rd 2011, 21:06:29

Originally posted by dustfp:
Just to confirm, L:L will stop if the first retal achieves 80+% of the LG, NOT including ghost acres gained in either the LG or the retal itself.

Wouldn't that indicate that Thomas overretalled?
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

TAN Game profile

Nov 3rd 2011, 21:56:10

According to the policy Thomas posted, that is incorrect. It says it stops at 100% l:l excluding ghost acres.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

KyleCleric Game profile

Nov 3rd 2011, 21:59:41

Originally posted by TAN:
According to the policy Thomas posted, that is incorrect. It says it stops at 100% l:l excluding ghost acres.

i thought the one he posted said up to 80%, PS. From 80% to 100%, SS.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

TAN Game profile

Nov 3rd 2011, 22:02:56

Go to the original post and click.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

elvesrus

Nov 3rd 2011, 22:11:16

I thought president outranked HoW ;)

edit: might want to take a closer look at your own retal policy ;)

Edited By: elvesrus on Nov 3rd 2011, 22:23:34. Reason: holy jebus batman
See Original Post
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

TAN Game profile

Nov 3rd 2011, 22:31:03

Oh yeah. Looks like Thomas fluffED UP big time.

Good catch PDMers.

To those curious:

There were 2 retals made on one of our countries. The first retal got over 80% l:l. According to THEIR policy, the 2nd retal MUST be an SS. But in this case, it was another PS.

Good job Sanct. Next time, don't beg Thomas to come back.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

archaic Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 3:13:41

how many fluffing presidents does sanct have?

thomas, are you going to be on ICQ tonight?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

TAN Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 3:35:25

Just AxA, I believe...
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Thomas Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 4:20:18

We have a 3 man council. No I will not be on ICQ. Yes I can admit I made a mistake authorizing those PSes after the 80% was gained. But a PS to retal what shoulda been a SS seems harsh. Confusion between our current policy and the one we are in the middle of fine tuning before officially publishing it, which does not have that part in it due to situations like this, where a PS was done instead of a SS. Requiring a SS retal for the mistake would be unfair, while absorbing a PS retal for a 50% difference is also tough. Hence the reason that portion is not making the final cut. If you guys wanna talk this out, we can PM.

iScode Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 4:28:43

100% L:L (before ghost acres) if attacking country has 20% less land prior to the landgrab.
-- If 80% or more was taken back on the first hit, attacker will use SS for the remaining hits.

Stupid policy :P

get defense you dirty netters!!!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

KyleCleric Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 4:37:30

Originally posted by Thomas:
We have a 3 man council. No I will not be on ICQ. Yes I can admit I made a mistake authorizing those PSes after the 80% was gained. But a PS to retal what shoulda been a SS seems harsh. Confusion between our current policy and the one we are in the middle of fine tuning before officially publishing it, which does not have that part in it due to situations like this, where a PS was done instead of a SS. Requiring a SS retal for the mistake would be unfair, while absorbing a PS retal for a 50% difference is also tough. Hence the reason that portion is not making the final cut. If you guys wanna talk this out, we can PM.

harsh? as opposed to you sending 3 PSes calling it an overretal. :P

frankly, according to your policies, he should have been entitled to 200% of the land on that second PS. taking just 1 PS was generous.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 4th 2011, 13:34:10

^ perfect reply

Detmer Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 13:41:34

Why were you crowing about how long your policy has been around if you are changing it? Clearly you consider it to be deficient in some way. I assume if it confused you, there are probably changes to situations like this and if you do not think your policy adequately covers these situations I am really not sure why you care so much about it... Like you made a whole thread to remind us about a policy you are doing away with...

TheORKINMan Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 14:13:22

The answer is that Thomas is a retard and everyone on the server just needs to drop pacts with Sanct and farm them until he's ousted.
Smarter than your average bear.

Thomas Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 14:47:27

@iScode: Getting 80% with a PS and doing a SS was a gift to the other tags, as two PSes would make it so only one side benefits, which is not what we wanted to do. We want to encourage grabbing, by doing 2 PSes, the original grabber is likely to gain minimal land, if any at all, which isn't beneficial to the server.

@Detmer: That is really the only change in the retal policy, the rest are minor changes as well as making it more concise and easier to read. As it stands now, our policy is quite lengthy and it's easy for other tags to overlook something. To avoid issues, we're creating more of a cliff notes, easy-on-the-eyes version that is straight to the point.

@Orkin: I admitted I made a mistake, and said I would be willing to work this situation out. If I ignored it and tried to spin it into some bullfluff, I'd understand the comment. But I did not, and Sanct doesn't bully anybody on this server so dropping pacts and farming us over 1 FA issue with 1 tag while several pacts were broken this reset seems a bit much, doesn't it? I consider the source when comments are made by people like you, and take them with a grain of salt. Have a nice day :)

TheORKINMan Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 14:58:39

@iScode: Getting 80% with a PS and doing a SS was a gift to the other tags, as two PSes would make it so only one side benefits, which is not what we wanted to do. We want to encourage grabbing, by doing 2 PSes, the original grabber is likely to gain minimal land, if any at all, which isn't beneficial to the server.

@Detmer: That is really the only change in the retal policy, the rest are minor changes as well as making it more concise and easier to read. As it stands now, our policy is quite lengthy and it's easy for other tags to overlook something. To avoid issues, we're creating more of a cliff notes, easy-on-the-eyes version that is straight to the point.

@Orkin: I admitted I made a mistake, and said I would be willing to work this situation out. If I ignored it and tried to spin it into some bullfluff, I'd understand the comment. But I did not, and Sanct doesn't bully anybody on this server so dropping pacts and farming us over 1 FA issue with 1 tag while several pacts were broken this reset seems a bit much, doesn't it? I consider the source when comments are made by people like you, and take them with a grain of salt. Have a nice day :)

"People like me"!? So you're now stereotyping me because I'm black. If they weren't before everyone needs to drop pacts and farm you now for being a racist.
Smarter than your average bear.

Thomas Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 15:39:04

<3

TAN Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 15:40:02

Your insincere backtracking is preposterous. We don't want to hear your excuse WHY you made a mistake, and we certainly don't want to hear the justifications for it, as if somehow the mistake you made was innocuous, something we can simply have a quick chat about and go back to being buddies.

Don't patronize us by asking us to come to you. It is *your* mistake. If *you* want to discuss this so it doesn't come back biting you in the ass later, you know where to find us.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Lobo Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 18:13:29

I approve of TAN's use of vocabulary.
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

kemo Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 18:45:43

not true orkin. ive pushed for a blacks awareness theme every february
all praised to ra

archaic Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 20:47:38

thomas or axa, I'm on ICQ and in #sanct if you want to sort this silliness out before the weekend

Kyatoru Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 20:54:59

'WARWARWARWARWARWAR' - Trife
+Kya

archaic Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 21:13:02

I have a 33k acre country, I'm not using it as a flippin weapon - I want to net, this silly fluff is not worth warring over

Kyatoru Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 21:43:30

Liar ;p
+Kya

ld Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 21:45:49

+1 for merit

TAN Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 21:47:43

Too late.

Next time Sanct, don't send your Head of War to conduct FA with Paradigm.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

herbs12 Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 21:47:53

I had a 48k acre rep cashier which I would like to net, guess
Not war with pdm it is.

ld Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 21:49:26

Originally posted by ld:
+1 for merit

good luck to all sides

iScode Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 23:14:16

Thomas I have no understand of your current land dispute with PDM.

All I am saying is L:L is a filthy policy for netters who dont want to keep enough defense so they can keep down expenses, end of story no arguments, you will never change my mind.

L:L is about as dirty as Mehul!!!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Thomas Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 0:00:44

Too late.

I'm the highest rank in Sanct. HoW or not I do much more than that. And we all know what this is, PDM acting all mighty due to their new membership levels

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 5th 2011, 0:02:50

Too late.

I'm the highest rank in Sanct. HoW or not I do much more than that. And we all know what this is, PDM acting all mighty due to their new membership levels

your post makes it seem like it's still about your ego...

we had a shot for TNW vs LCN and are upset we won't get to play it out. :(
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

dustfp Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 0:05:29

Originally posted by Pang:

you make it sound as if PDM didn't just FS a smaller, 100% netting clan
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

Detmer Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 0:07:45

Too late.

PDM has been this way for a long time. We feared nothing when we were 15 members. We clearly aren't going to change that now that we're bigger.

Detmer Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 0:08:23

Originally posted by dustfp:
Originally posted by Pang:

you make it sound as if PDM didn't just FS a smaller, 100% netting clan

If you were 100% netting you shouldn't have let Thomas tell us this was going to keep escalating.

hanlong Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 0:08:36

Originally posted by Detmer:
Too late.

PDM has been this way for a long time. We feared nothing when we were 15 members. We clearly aren't going to change that now that we're bigger.

translation: we used to AB FS, we still AB FS. pew pew
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Sir Balin Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 0:37:45

we have a pretty consistent track record of being willing to war over our retal policy. i saw the PMs from Thomas to TAN, he was aggressive and in no uncertain terms said that our option was to accept his RoRs or go to war with Sanct. there was no negotiation. presented with those options, a smaller PDM would have made the same choice.

this would have been our best ANW set in earth empires by a long shot, it's not like we were looking for an excuse to hit sanct. but yeah, after Thomas said accept these hits or war he ended with 'the ball is in your court.' so we took it and ran offense. or whatever. maybe a stupid metaphor since i'm ignorant of sports.

willm Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 0:38:08

AB FS is so 2 resets ago :P

archaic Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 2:28:14

You know, yesterday the LaF guys were making fun of PDM because our retal policy is not always favorable to our own members, which I guess is true. PDM is not really like a lot of tags - I would never auth a second hit if one of our guys got 87% of the land back on a retal plus ghost acres. Sure, its not the best thing for my guy but it is the FAIR thing for both players.

All we were trying to do was give and take in a fair way. We were not trying to screw you guys - there were several instances this set where PDM retals on Sanct ended short of true L:L. I would have hoped you would extend the same courtesy.

Instead, you threatened us, you raped our guys with over retals then threatend us again. We certainly did not build all of our landfat cashers to piss them away in a war - but your mouth wrote a check that your ass could not cash.

Time to pay up.

Thomas Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 3:05:40

A little early to be saying what my ass can't cash.

And landtrading with RD to "build" those countries is hardly a feat.

Ambian Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 3:08:54

Says the guy who needs to overretal to build his...

Chaoswind Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 3:17:42

woot

this is 2 months after I said Sacnt retal policy was too harsh :)
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

archaic Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 3:18:26

A little early to be saying what my ass can't cash.

You guys are down to 20 from 29 - vs 48, I admire your optimism . . .

We land traded with EVO, monsters, and rage too - as a matter of fact quite a few of the Sanct-PDM grabs looked pretty cordial. I'd dare to say that PDM members were having more fun than anybody on the server this set, still are truth be told.

Fun - you should try it, it beats the hell out of 'not fun' nearly every time.

AxAlar Game profile

Nov 6th 2011, 18:02:40

Originally posted by archaic:

Instead, you threatened us, you raped our guys with over retals then threatend us again.

So you admit that SancT raped your members?

MORAL VICTORY!!!
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

sigma Game profile

Nov 7th 2011, 18:38:48

bonus

Unsympathetic Game profile

Nov 13th 2011, 12:50:42

I don't care what you think someone else should be held to. Key word: should. Holy God, your self-righteousness is nauseating, Thomas.

Just so we're clear: Deal with it, your bizarre assertions are not the way 1A has "done FA" for years. Go try imposing your nonsensical wisdom on anyone who doesn't give a rip what you think.

Ooo, you have a strong personality? So what. Shove it sideways.

Sir Balin Game profile

Nov 13th 2011, 15:05:19

TAN Game profile

Nov 13th 2011, 15:06:14

or

sof.earth2025.net
FREEEEEDOM!!!

archaic Game profile

Nov 13th 2011, 15:12:16

I hereby nominate Unsympathetic for the necromancer of the set award. We need you in PDM dude!