Verified:

zygotic Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 8:11:58

And they plan 3 new films. Brilliant 3 films full of crap like jar jar binks. Or is Luke Skywalker gonna end up fighting buzz lightyear?

locket Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 8:18:26

Disney owns Marvel. Disney was behind the Avengers and Tron and many more awesome movies. If anyone is going to do Star Wars right it will be them.

locket Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 8:19:26

Also if you had ever read a few of the books from after the Return of the Jedi you would know there is a ton of awesome lore available to base some movies on. I suggest the Thrawn trilogy.

Supertodd Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 8:44:58

Originally posted by locket:
Disney owns Marvel. Disney was behind the Avengers and Tron and many more awesome movies. If anyone is going to do Star Wars right it will be them.

Wait.. The original Tron, or the new one? If you're talking about the newer Tron, then I am calling into question your judgment of "awesome movies".

ninong Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 8:57:04

Disney owns Marvel.

ok i want an iron man vs boba fett movie
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Erian Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 9:47:24

Also if you had ever read a few of the books from after the Return of the Jedi you would know there is a ton of awesome lore available to base some movies on. I suggest the Thrawn trilogy.

This! I'd love to see a Thrawn movie trilogy. That would be so awesome :)

Marshal Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 11:17:12

disney bought lucasfilm not just star wars so they can make more indiana jones movies too.

yes thrawn trilogy and other books were good but i doubt that new sw movies will be based on the books.

sw chars haven't done any team-ups with other comic book chars and doubt they will since comic rights are bit spreaded.

disney was behind of 1st tron too not just latest tron.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 31st 2012, 11:21:16

disney's history with non-animated movies is checkered at best.. (the black hole for example)

After seeing the new spiderman I don't have a lot of faith. Then again given the direction the latest three star wars movies went I don't think disney could do worse. We'll see. If they do a demographics/marketting based movie (other than selling associated toys) then yes it's going to suck. If, on the other hand they simply write/rip off a decent story like they sometimes do then it'll be ok imo.

I think some of you would be surprised at some of the movies disney owned studios (but disney doesn't make it blatently known that they own them) have made.

The newest spiderman doesn't inspire confidence though.
My biggest concern is disney's increasing lack of competition for these types of movies considering who they've bought out over the years..
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 31st 2012, 13:01:20

They paid over 4 billion for it! That dude cashed in for years and years on starwars then sells it to disney for 4 billion. Guy is loaded beyond belief!

http://www.deadline.com/...asfilm-star-wars-creator/

archaic Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 13:36:20

I bet the wookipedia crowd is apoplectic this morning.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

iNouda Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 13:49:52

Episode 8-15, Yuuzhan Vong saga. Thrawn sucks uber balls.

gerb00 Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 13:53:59

This is a scary though. I'd love more Star Wars movies, but more importantly, I'd love more good Star Wars movies.
ICN

King of Spam
Ex VP
Ex HFA
Ex Sheep Lover

Suncrusher Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 14:30:32

The Yuuzhan Vong saga was good...but you need more than one episode to link the end of ROTJ to the start of the YV stuff...I think the Thrawn series and a few others would be solid links...personally I'd like to see it ALL

Bigwiggle Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 15:34:30

Timothy Zahn's trilogy were by far the best books written after ROTJ .. dunno if it would translate into the best movies, tho Mara Jade would be cool to see.

Episode VII in 2014 I hear. It terrifies me that Disney basically owns everything that has to do with imaginative entertainment
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

UltraMarines Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 19:43:02

Timoth Zahn did do a pretty solid Job. I read that Episode VII would start a few decades after RTOJ and focus on Luke rebuilding the republic. So basically him rebuilding the Jedi order and maybe Mara Jade? Because that would be sweet to see.

It does worry me that they own everything more or less.

Pride Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 19:51:21

I'll watch them.

Rekuyu947

Oct 31st 2012, 19:52:18

WOW LAME

locket Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 19:57:27

Originally posted by martian:
disney's history with non-animated movies is checkered at best.. (the black hole for example)

After seeing the new spiderman I don't have a lot of faith. Then again given the direction the latest three star wars movies went I don't think disney could do worse. We'll see. If they do a demographics/marketting based movie (other than selling associated toys) then yes it's going to suck. If, on the other hand they simply write/rip off a decent story like they sometimes do then it'll be ok imo.

I think some of you would be surprised at some of the movies disney owned studios (but disney doesn't make it blatently known that they own them) have made.

The newest spiderman doesn't inspire confidence though.
My biggest concern is disney's increasing lack of competition for these types of movies considering who they've bought out over the years..

Bah the new Spiderman was a great film...

XiQter MD Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 19:58:57

pretty sure this is the movie about young yoda that has been rumoured like forever, ofc they make a triology like everyone else does

locket Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 20:00:03

Episode 7 xiQter :P Therefore Yoda will definitely not be younger

Marshal Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 20:37:38

yoda will be still dead (he's only SW char. who has died to old age).

Bigwiggle Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 21:04:20

If disney doesn't use any previously authored material and writes the script from scratch ... god help us all. It'll be John Carter II
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 31st 2012, 21:15:06

John Carter

*kills himself*

That movie sucked donkey fluff.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 22:53:37

there'll be john carter 2, sequel was announced a while ago.

Anonymous

Oct 31st 2012, 22:55:14

It won't be any worse than what Lucas has done.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Oct 31st 2012, 22:57:45

Disney's Harem of Princesses. bunch of dirty old men want to hog all the Princesses.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

archaic Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 2:30:28

Well, now there will be a mellenium falcon ride at disneyworld . . . and Leia will be cavorting with snow white and the little mermaid (teaching them to strangle a Hutt?) . . . and chewbacca will be guest starring on hannah montana . . .

Atryn Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 3:21:54

There was already a Star Wars themed thing in Tomorrow Land wasn't there?

locket Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 6:19:07

Originally posted by Requiem:
John Carter

*kills himself*

That movie sucked donkey fluff.

I never read the books so judging it only based on that and the fact that I saw it at the drive in which was fairly cheap.. I mostly enjoyed it. It was not great but I didnt go in with high expectations so it wasnt bad either.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 11:19:30

hannah montana tv-show has ended (miley cyrus has grown up) so chewie won't show up there.

iNouda Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 11:21:34

Lol. Chewie...poor bastard.

UltraMarines Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 17:35:28

I think lucas gave disney the outlines / scripts he already had for VII/VIII/IX...but i that probably doesn't mean anything since they are no longer his

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 1st 2012, 17:56:52

I bet Disney will treat Star Wars like they did the Lion King and insert subliminal messages about sex everywhere in the movie.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

archaic Game profile

Nov 2nd 2012, 0:06:42

chewy got hit by a moon, thats right - it took a MOON to kill that fluffer

iNouda Game profile

Nov 4th 2012, 8:04:05

http://geektyrant.com/...ew-star-wars-trilogy.html

Not sure which era this is, or if it's something new entirely.

Edited By: iNouda on Nov 4th 2012, 8:22:53
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Nov 4th 2012, 11:35:08

those movies would need to happen 1-2 years after rotj to have orig. trio in cast and only harrison ford and mark hamill are in somewhat shape to play those roles.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Nov 4th 2012, 11:38:00

Originally posted by Marshal:
those movies would need to happen 1-2 years after rotj to have orig. trio in cast and only harrison ford and mark hamill are in somewhat shape to play those roles.
1-2 years after RotJ = no way, there's no plot there. The sith just got destroyed and there are two people with the force in their veins.

Wait for them to procreate a little bit.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Marshal Game profile

Nov 4th 2012, 19:32:23

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
1-2 years after RotJ = no way, there's no plot there. The sith just got destroyed and there are two people with the force in their veins.

Wait for them to procreate a little bit.

if LKuke et co are supposed to be in sequels then those can't happen in far future.

locket Game profile

Nov 4th 2012, 20:23:47

1-2 years after will not happen. It will be much closer to the amount that has happened since the movies since mark Hamil looks way older and Ford has aged a bunch too. That is if they plan to have them return anyways

iNouda Game profile

Nov 4th 2012, 20:30:56

I don't think they're going to go with the expanded universe canon. From the rumors it seems like they're diverging into an alternative storyline, since one of the rumors mentions a female Skywalker ...Luke and Mara only had a son afaik, unless they're talking about Mara?

Marshal Game profile

Nov 4th 2012, 22:14:05

even in last book I read (Luke's reincarnated gf left Luke) Luke et co were under 40 (char dependant) and in real life Ford is 70 and Carrie is 56 etc so unless movies happen alot after ROTJ and in that case they wouldn't need to (shouldn't) use Luke et co except maybe in holograms or flashbacks from 2nd trilogy.

ninong Game profile

Nov 5th 2012, 12:22:25

i wasn't expecting this one:

George Lucas Will Donate Disney $4 Billion To Education

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...-4-billion_n_2067145.html
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

locket Game profile

Nov 5th 2012, 18:03:45

Crazyness. Nice gesture for sure. He just wants us to design a real X wing fighter :P

I hope they don't ignore ALL of the books out there and contradict the better ones. Would be nice if they kept them in mind.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 5th 2012, 18:10:28

1-2 years after will not happen. It will be much closer to the amount that has happened since the movies since mark Hamil looks way older and Ford has aged a bunch too. That is if they plan to have them return anyways
recast them?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 5th 2012, 19:41:51

recast is best option but that's risky if audience will accept them as Luke et co, 3rd option is to do Luke et co with cgi but there are many examples of failings and only few in succeeds.

Frodo Game profile

Nov 5th 2012, 20:34:05

Originally posted by ninong:
Disney owns Marvel.

ok i want an iron man vs boba fett movie

Or Captian America vs Darth Maul :D

Marshal Game profile

Nov 5th 2012, 21:32:59

or avengers vs siths.

locket Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 0:11:57

Originally posted by blid:
recast them?

WHAT -_- I REALLY don't think you could recast them unless it was a much much younger version of them. Can you not imagine the uproar when they get anyone else to play Han or Luke?

blid

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2012, 0:37:56

recasting is probably better than having a 60+yo luke and leia and a 70+yo han turning in some small cameo roles while we get a story about some kids we don't care about
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 11:20:44

Harrison Ford is open to play Han's role again http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/1106/fordh.html and Han might die on next movie (that's why Ford is interested) http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/...rison-ford-open-returning

Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are also "in plans" in sequel.