Verified:

DeathRider Game profile

Dec 24th 2013, 17:23:18

Hey all and Merry Christmas!

Want to announce a new hosting service, myCLAN Hosting Services. It's a step up in clan hosting in this game. Lot of features that I can't list them all. It's been in beta testing the past couple months, and feel it's finally ready for prime time. If anyone's interested, visit the link below. If you want access to a demo account, send me a PM.

myCLAN Hosting Services - http://www.myclanhosting.com

tellarion Game profile

Dec 24th 2013, 17:26:26

Your site is finally open for use? It's about time!!

But seriously, it's got some pretty awesome features that are making me jealous :P

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 24th 2013, 17:30:15

It's a rich feature set and nice to see active hosting development taking place again! :) More and active hosting options = win!

Edited By: Pang on Dec 26th 2013, 2:01:45
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Osso Game profile

Dec 24th 2013, 20:28:51

Very cool DeathRider!! It's great to see some more options for clan hosting.

Looks great!
Evo FA

king7012 Game profile

Dec 24th 2013, 22:05:09

Looks pretty good. I like alot of the user interface features.

mdevol Game profile

Dec 25th 2013, 4:52:34

Originally posted by Pang:
I don't want to sound like an alarmist and I'm sure I'll be flamed for it, but I feel that I must state that the site was an RD venture and they consider it "theirs" like Boxcar was LaF's or GHQ is SOL's. Keep in mind that there have been past instances where RD members abused data access (legit or illegitimate) and some are still active behind the scenes. I'd at least use a unique password for this site (although, best practice is to use a unique password for _EVERY_ site :)). I don't like that I have to post this, but 4 out of 4 hosting site data breaches were done by people affiliated with RD.

Regardless, it's a rich feature set and nice to see active hosting development taking place again! :) More and active hosting options = win!

If you didn't, I was.

Proceed with caution and definitely watch what you put insite.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Syko_Killa Game profile

Dec 25th 2013, 4:58:25

I don't want to sound like an alarmist and I'm sure I'll be flamed for it, but I feel that I must state that the site was an RD venture and they consider it "theirs" like Boxcar was LaF's or GHQ is SOL's. Keep in mind that there have been past instances where RD members abused data access (legit or illegitimate) and some are still active behind the scenes. I'd at least use a unique password for this site (although, best practice is to use a unique password for _EVERY_ site :)). I don't like that I have to post this, but 4 out of 4 hosting site data breaches were done by people affiliated with RD.

Regardless, it's a rich feature set and nice to see active hosting development taking place again! :) More and active hosting options = win!
Because only cheaters play in RD right?
Do as I say, not as I do.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Dec 25th 2013, 5:14:23

DR is ICN dude, he just let RD help beta test it for him.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

DeathRider Game profile

Dec 25th 2013, 6:19:05

Well, guess a thank you is in order for the second paragraph, but I'm not sure where you get off thinking that the site was an RD venture? I'm ICN, the site was made spring 2012 for ICN, and the only reason I've opened it up is because ICN is dying and I didn't want to code for just a few people, and so much time went into the site that I didn't want to abandon it either. Only affiliation RD has with my site is that they were willing to help beta test my site, and this was before the whole boxcar/RD issue became known.

Can I say that the site is 100% secure, absolutely not, nothing is, and I won't ever make that promise; However, i'm always at work on the site and constantly improving it.

So to sum it all up:

Is myCLAN an RD venture? No way, it was an ICN one, which I've actually stepped down from leadership in ICN last week, and haven't actually played the game in 2 or 3 sets now.

Does RD call myCLAN theirs? Not to my knowledge, but that I can care less about.. I love building the site for people, and it's everyones who uses it in my opinion, hence the name myCLAN

Anyways, appreciate everyone's kind comments :)

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Dec 25th 2013, 6:27:07

I would be cautious, but if it is an awesome site, why not?
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Dec 25th 2013, 6:30:23

DR is a good guy, I would not worry too much if I was looking to switch sites. I got TIE a site out and I am playing with it, its pretty cool.

Scorba Game profile

Dec 25th 2013, 6:34:51

I've been talking with DeathRider over the last year while this site turned from an ICN project into one that opened up for hosting other clans. The site is probably at least as safe as any others.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Dec 25th 2013, 6:43:18

Originally posted by Scorba:
I've been talking with DeathRider over the last year while this site turned from an ICN project into one that opened up for hosting other clans. The site is probably at least as safe as any others.

That just came from the legend himself lol

En4cer Game profile

Dec 25th 2013, 6:59:44

Cool looking site mate...

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 25th 2013, 7:18:14

I've applied for sites for tko and monsters :)
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 25th 2013, 8:46:36

1. Does myCLAN Hosting offer anything that Boxcar currently doesn't?
2. Does it support other servers (Team, etc)?

DeathRider Game profile

Dec 25th 2013, 9:03:40

just FFA and Alliance are my priorities on the site, as i have limited disk space available, so focused on the 2 servers.

The site offers the same tools as boxcar, key difference is that myCLAN's tools are more functional than boxcar, more automated.

For instance, boxcar gave you permissions where you would grant access to edit users, but that perm would grant you access to the user manager and allow you to add,edit, delete users, and permissions etc.. So a site could easily be taken over by that method. myCLAN has a perm for everything.. add/edit/delete for every tool so that you can choose exactly who has what.

major tool that boxcar doesn't offer is the Foreign Affairs message system, which is my favorite. An FA can message you via your site, which the site will notify you when you login that you have an issue/pact request pending. You can add a pact right from there and reply to the message etc..

Way too much to cover though. See for yourself, message me if you need a demo account and you can see for yourself:)

locket Game profile

Dec 25th 2013, 10:42:49

Pang going off with a few nice pieces of wrong/twisted info. Fun.

Nice site. That FA feature would be handy if everyone switched over there.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Dec 25th 2013, 12:04:13

Originally posted by locket:
Pang going off with a few nice pieces of wrong/twisted info.

Yeah he seems to be good at that.
Do as I say, not as I do.

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Dec 25th 2013, 12:22:18

does this mean that the things required to successfully play and interact with a clan are still missing from EE?
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 25th 2013, 13:17:52

Originally posted by GodHead Dibs:
does this mean that the things required to successfully play and interact with a clan are still missing from EE?

Not at all. Boxcar and our old Monster site were great for interacting within a clan, and there are all sorts of communication channels for interclan communication. But this site is improving on Boxcar just as the game itself is always improving and evolving.

I'm trying it in demo mode and I like it. I look forward to testing it for real in the game.

I'm not comfortable with the security of Boxcar. I think the enhanced security of myclanhosting.com will be great. I like the admin screens and the access to game news. The price ticker across the top is cool. The calculators and attack stuff look awesome; they can't be worse than Boxcar :)

General TwizTid

Dec 26th 2013, 0:33:32

Seen the site and functionality. Everything is great in the site. I really liked one of the features that involves fake currency as it brings a different twist to a clan site(old feature but new for EE?). You can just imagine what you can do with your members to get them active with this :)

I don't blame pang for what he posted, but it was a pretty twisted statement to post blindly.

Though great site DR, and I hope everyone else likes it.
I can say though one thing that bugged me was the transition from squared corners to rounded borders lol much like these forums.
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:
#nbk on irc.gamesurge.net
http://nbk.boxcarhosting.com
[01:37] <@Gambit> if it has a hole, ill fill it!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 26th 2013, 0:36:14

I took a look at it and my opinion:

1. Looks nice, great eye candy.
2. Seems a bit more functional than Boxcar (i.e. market actually works)
3. Doesn't seem to be a big enough improvement to justify moving all members from boxcar to that site (lot of work moving sites).

All-n-all I'd use it if boxcar died and I had to go somewhere.

Good job DR.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 26th 2013, 2:12:52

Ya, my bad. I should have chatted with DeathRider first.

We had to read through a bunch of RD's crap after the cheating fiasco to rule out others, which framed my earlier post (which I edited, but left all the quotes.). I must have gotten signals crossed.... tbh, I'm not paying as much attention as I should to EE but am still super paranoid about everyone's data -- regardless of whether it's on system I'm responsible for.

Deepest apologies.

Edited By: Pang on Dec 26th 2013, 2:15:51
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Chadius Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 3:17:04

Very cool looking. Some of the functions look to be highly useful. Good job DR.
LAF

DeathRider Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 5:58:46

Originally posted by General TwizTid:

I can say though one thing that bugged me was the transition from squared corners to rounded borders lol much like these forums.

Not sure I understand what you mean by "transition" from squared to rounded corners. all divs are using round corners, except for tables inside the divs.. or is it the tables inside each div or is it just round corners in general?

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 26th 2013, 8:35:27

<3 the site and hope others do too :-)
Don of LaF

braden Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 10:15:27

meh, i think even locket could agree that you were coming from a good place with any concerns, pang. yes, even locket :P

locket Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 10:25:40

Locket cant agree with that

iScode Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 11:24:22

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
Originally posted by locket:
Pang going off with a few nice pieces of wrong/twisted info.

Yeah he seems to be good at that.

its always good to see butthurt cheaters fluffing about being deleted on every other thread.

Not only do I get it here, I get to constantly troll KC in sof about how much of a dirty cheater he is.

iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

locket Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 11:55:46

And we get to constantly remind you of how many times Imag lost winnable wars! ;)

iScode Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 13:19:03

not many :)
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Dec 26th 2013, 13:26:17

I like the color theme of it DR
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

hsifreta Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 13:29:22

props for the new site

Kalick Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 14:02:16

DR backwards is RD. Coincidence?!

locket Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 14:37:34

Well you had no wins and some of those were versus similar #'s

Trife Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 15:43:29

sounds like a RD honeypot operation!

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jan 2nd 2014, 6:26:27

Site is looking good DeathRider!

FailDiegoFail Game profile

Jan 2nd 2014, 19:41:01

fluff yes cant wait to get our site set up there

Marshal Game profile

Jan 2nd 2014, 20:42:55

i hope he fixes bugs quickly.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

NoleICN Game profile

Jan 2nd 2014, 20:52:17

bugs? what bugs? :P

he is working fast as he can im sure...
Nole

Retired

Marshal Game profile

Jan 2nd 2014, 21:36:55

he fixes 1 thing and breaks another thing. :P
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jan 3rd 2014, 2:53:24

Marshal, he is doing a great job.

Element_115 Game profile

Feb 22nd 2016, 15:22:28

hello warster, snippet directed me to you to apply for a membership into your clan. i hope you would accept me into your clan as i would be able to learn a lot from you guys to step up my game . hope you would consider my application . thanks

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 22nd 2016, 16:47:08

Hi Element_115, I'm responding for The Monsters, we would welcome your application. Please go ahead and fill out the form at http://monsters.myclanhosting.com/ and we'll have a look.

Thanks,
Getafix