Verified:

Trife Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 14:13:18

http://money.cnn.com/...port/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

--------------------------

The U.S. economy added 288,000 jobs in June, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Thursday.

That number beats economists' expectations and comes along with other good news: Job growth was revised higher for both May and April.

Taken altogether, that means employers added 1.4 million jobs in the first six months of the year.

That's the strongest six months for job growth since 2006.

-------

heck yeah, repairing the damage george 'pretzel' bush did! way to go obama!

i love you

Nekked Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 14:20:45

you mean all those unemployed college grads got jobs and there isn't a single unemployed high school student who wanted a summer job got one!

Its 6yrs after Bush, its all on B.O.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 14:25:55

I think we both know the amount of jobs added in any given time is not a direct reflection of the competency of a president.

I do find it funny how they get the blame or the credit, though.

juice Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 14:48:18

Originally posted by ericownsyou5:
I think we both know the amount of jobs added in any given time is not a direct reflection of the competency of a president.

I do find it funny how they get the blame or the credit, though.

agreed, however, I do like to see a post praising the president for once.

Trife Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 14:50:53

Originally posted by Nekked:
you mean all those unemployed college grads got jobs and there isn't a single unemployed high school student who wanted a summer job got one!

FTFA:

Education is still the key for many job seekers. Among workers with bachelor's degrees, only 3.3% are unemployed.

wewt go obama!

Ruthie

Jul 3rd 2014, 14:55:40

yea Nekked, its taken 6 years to undo some of the damage that Dubya did. Still lots more to fix tho.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Trife Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 15:22:01

Originally posted by Ruthie:
yea Nekked, its taken 6 years to undo some of the damage that Dubya did. Still lots more to fix tho.

no silly, the economy resets itself completely when a new pres is elected!

obama started with a clean slate economy in 2008, don'tcha know?

</sarcasm>

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 15:34:45

*\o/* RED!!!!

*\o/* BLUE!!!!

BAAAAAAAA!!!!!

tellarion Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 16:12:43

Japan is on a nationalistic drive! THANKS OBAMA!

juice Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 16:32:07

Originally posted by Trife:
Originally posted by Ruthie:

no silly, the economy resets itself completely when a new pres is elected!

obama started with a clean slate economy in 2008, don'tcha know?

</sarcasm>

I agree with this bit of sarcasm, although, there was one point in history when the economy did completely reset itself with the new president. While Clinton was in office, we had the only point in our history since WWII that we had a positive GDP. As soon as Bush took office (he cut taxes), our GDP went negative again.

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 17:23:13

Originally posted by tellarion:

WAIT, SURELY YOU'RE NOT IMPLYING THAT THE PRESIDENT IS MORE RESPONSIBLE FOR HOW THE COUNTRY IS PERCEIVED AND CONDUCTS ITSELF IN FOREIGN RELATIONS THAN HE IS FOR THE MACHINATIONS OF THE ECONOMY??!?

HA!
BILL

Trife Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 19:00:33

http://money.cnn.com/...kets/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

NEW ALL TIME HIGH FOR STOCK MARKETS

thanks obama

iScode Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 19:12:49

Thanks Obama!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 3rd 2014, 19:14:07

America still has damage to repair from Reagan (war on drugs and removing religion from government policy being the biggest two...)

and juice -> I think you're mixing up GDP growth and budget surpluses/deficits

This is a good chart showing debt as a % of GDP since WWII:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/...t_of_GDP_by_President.jpg

And another showing budget surplus/deficit since WWI:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/...s/budget-2010/deficit.gif

What that shows me is three things:
1) No party does a good job of long term fiscal planning for the US. Everyone keeps piling it on for the future generations, hoping they won't have to do anything about it.

2) Republicans complain about big government but are actually the larger offenders of bloating the government compared to Democrats.

3) The Baby Boomers & the politicians they have elected were too into short-sighted policy decisions. That generation which "controlled" things from the mid-70s through the 2008 crisis has failed at creating a better country/economic situation for their children like their parents did for them.

Edited By: Pang on Jul 3rd 2014, 19:53:29
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

mdevol Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 19:40:09

http://cnsnews.com/...cans-not-labor-force-june

Sorry to burst your bubble, but 111,000 people also gave up looking for work altogether because they couldn't find it. (Which is stupid because it is not hard to find)

We have the lowest labor participation rate since Nixon was President. (36 years ago)

"This means that there were 92,120,000 Americans 16 and older who not only did not have a job, but did not actively seek one in the last four weeks."

Thanks Obama.

As for Republicans vs Democrats. Pang is pretty spot on. Both are horrible and short-sighted. When you reach to the far left, they are about exploding spending, the far right is about doing away completely of govt outside of defense. What this country needs is fiscally conservative / socially moderate president that actually demands accountability from congress and is willing to call out members of both parties.

Neither gives a flying fluff about 20-30-60 years down the road. It is all about winning elections today to retain power. We can fix it, but we must fix it at the ballot box, and sadly, the population is not nearly smart enough to do that.

Edited By: mdevol on Jul 3rd 2014, 19:42:54
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 3rd 2014, 19:41:56

Wow, Pang that was deep, dude. :) I liked it.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Hobo Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 21:13:44

Anyone who's taken an entry course in economics fully know that the usual unemployment rate (not U-6) reported by the bureau is a pretty poor picture of the entire situation:

1. Doesn't take into account those who have dropped out after long periods of being unemployed.
2. Doesn't take into account temporary positions, seasonal hiring, and other non-factors that doesn't count as long-term and payroll employees.
3. Underemployment that might as well as count as full unemployment.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101810685

Edited By: Hobo on Jul 3rd 2014, 21:16:34

Boltar Game profile

Jul 3rd 2014, 22:20:48

id like to know of all these jobs that was made and taken. how many are full time 40hrs and how many are above $10 an hr.. if they arent 40hrs a week jobs.. its pointless and it just helps the statistics to make someone look good..

BLUEEE Game profile

Jul 4th 2014, 4:09:41

pang you nailed it kudos.

tellarion Game profile

Jul 4th 2014, 12:55:21

Originally posted by BILL_DANGER:
Originally posted by tellarion:

WAIT, SURELY YOU'RE NOT IMPLYING THAT THE PRESIDENT IS MORE RESPONSIBLE FOR HOW THE COUNTRY IS PERCEIVED AND CONDUCTS ITSELF IN FOREIGN RELATIONS THAN HE IS FOR THE MACHINATIONS OF THE ECONOMY??!?

HA!
BILL

Head of state my ass!

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Jul 4th 2014, 17:05:48

The U.S. economy added 288,000 jobs in June, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Thursday.

That number beats economists' expectations and comes along with other good news: Job growth was revised higher for both May and April.

Taken altogether, that means employers added 1.4 million jobs in the first six months of the year.

-------

i love you

thanks Obama for adding 21,000 healthcare workers to keep us healthy, and the 57,000 business managers required to keep them honest.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Jul 5th 2014, 13:20:39

I am happy that I am still unemployed/retired.
I don't care who wants to take the credit/blame!
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

Robert244 Game profile

Jul 5th 2014, 18:07:53

you have no idea what for you speak

Obama is total devil

hoop Game profile

Jul 5th 2014, 18:19:00

Do you not me "about time" and blaming the down turn on Bush Jr and not Clinton, Bush senior, or hell any president back to Carter is idiotic. We aren't yet ready to see the Bush Jr economy let alone the Obama economy.

Jul 9th 2014, 16:48:26

the blame of the downturn can safely be placed upon machines. well, maybe excessive alcohol, tobacco and soda taxes... a machine replaces 10 workers and the taxes make anything that a worker had previously earned disappear faster than a 30% credit card rate.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

crest23 Game profile

Nov 7th 2014, 21:01:11

1500 more troops to Iraq. How soon before he gets that number up to 100k? Where's that useful idiot Trife when you need him?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Little Joker Game profile

Nov 7th 2014, 21:04:06

Originally posted by crest23:
1500 more troops to Iraq. How soon before he gets that number up to 100k? Where's that useful idiot Trife when you need him?

Well the thing you fail to mention as well is all the military contractors in areas in which the U.S has "withdrawn". No one ever mentions them or the budget appropriations they receive.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2014, 21:10:20

Originally posted by Little Joker:

Well the thing you fail to mention as well is all the military contractors in areas in which the U.S has "withdrawn". No one ever mentions them or the budget appropriations they receive.

+100

He's trying to avoid admitting that the elephants were correct when they advised Obama of the consequences of pulling out too soon, so don't expect anything from that libtard ;-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Nov 7th 2014, 21:10:46

-------

i love you

LOL Don't just read the headlines but dig deeper to see what is really happening. More full time jobs have been destroyed and instead part-time jobs have been created. The mess that Obamacare created has forced many jobs to shift their workers away from full time to part time and hire the difference. Also the Federal Reserve is making it cheaper to hire workers through their money printing so they can devalue the dollar and lower those costs. There is so much the Federal Reserve can do to artificially pump the economy as they have throughout Obama's term. Obama is just as bad as Bush was. The economy during Bush's term was excellent due to the money printing/bubble creating by the Federal Reserve and the GSE's that pumped that money into housing. The Fed during Obama's term is artificially trying to re-pump the housing bubble through their purchases of Mortage Backed Securities and their government financing of over 90% of all the new home sales.

Heston Game profile

Nov 7th 2014, 21:11:22

Hillary Clinton: Corporations and Businesses Don'…: http://youtu.be/1nbFYP3xB6k
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2014, 21:15:42

Originally posted by Heston:
Hillary Clinton: Corporations and Businesses Don'…: http://youtu.be/1nbFYP3xB6k

LMFAO wow and people already have her as our next president haha haha@libtards
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Nov 7th 2014, 21:16:09

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Originally posted by Little Joker:

+100

He's trying to avoid admitting that the elephants were correct when they advised Obama of the consequences of pulling out too soon, so don't expect anything from that libtard ;-)

Yes there are consequences of pulling out as what we did in Iraq. Isis and Jabhat al-Nusra has benefited from our blindly funding of the FSA( Free Syria Army) and the Iraqi army. They stole all those weapons and are rampaging throughout the Levant. The funny thing is we support the same Al-Qaeda aka "Jabhat al-Nusra and associates" that we fought before. We are trying to overthrow the same Syrian leader who is killing Al-Qaeda and who all the Christians are fighting for because he protects them.

Trife Game profile

Nov 7th 2014, 21:32:54

I'm here, and I'll be the first to admit that I'm not happy with Obama sending in more troops..

Riddler Game profile

Nov 7th 2014, 21:38:52

ALL politicians are crooks, the biggest factor that needs removed from politics is corporate funding....get rid of corporate funding and make the politicians work for their money to run on then we'll see how much gets changed.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 7th 2014, 21:44:35

Originally posted by Riddler:
ALL politicians are crooks, the biggest factor that needs removed from politics is corporate funding....get rid of corporate funding and make the politicians work for their money to run on then we'll see how much gets changed.

IMO the biggest problem with money in politics is that politicians are forced to essentially have two job functions: campaigning/fund raising and governing. Spending time raising money and/or peddling influence (if only implicitly) makes one a less effective public servant.

Money should be completely divorced from politics in general and all campaigns should be funded by the jurisdiction holding the election with an even playing field for all. The current US system puts too much focus on the campaigning/fund raising side of things and not enough on proper governance, IMO.

Edited By: Pang on Nov 7th 2014, 21:49:16
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

VicRattlehead Game profile

Nov 7th 2014, 21:59:18

Just want to point out that due to the ACA, a higher % of jobs than ever before are part time, and the median (and mean) wage is still depressed.

Riddler Game profile

Nov 7th 2014, 22:11:44

Originally posted by Pang:

IMO the biggest problem with money in politics is that politicians are forced to essentially have two job functions: campaigning/fund raising and governing. Spending time raising money and/or peddling influence (if only implicitly) makes one a less effective public servant.

Money should be completely divorced from politics in general and all campaigns should be funded by the jurisdiction holding the election with an even playing field for all. The current US system puts too much focus on the campaigning/fund raising side of things and not enough on proper governance, IMO.

I agree 1000%, I do believe if we take money out of politics then we could have people who still want to work for the good of the country not just how big of a bank account they can gain

BladeEWG Game profile

Nov 8th 2014, 13:35:53

Numbers of jobs created really doesn't mean much.
The workforce is a constant growth with people reaching work age.
When they toss these magical numbers out they disregard the workers on unemployment and those that have just given up looking for work
Same skewed numbers apply with the total unemployment rate. Those that just give up looking are forgotten and drop off the charts.
Other than creating wars to increase military which employs more I don't see what this president has done to create jobs
Think the last one to really do that was FDR
New deal and the creation of the government sponsored jobs for intrastructure.

Oceana Game profile

Nov 8th 2014, 13:59:51

I would think Ike created alot of jobs with the mass interstate system constructed under him.
Kennedy/Johnson gave the kick to the Space race which drove miniaturization.
Likewise Reagan era defense spending spilled heavily into medical technology advancement.

Nov 8th 2014, 14:53:19

Originally posted by BladeEWG:
Numbers of jobs created really doesn't mean much.
The workforce is a constant growth with people reaching work age.
When they toss these magical numbers out they disregard the workers on unemployment and those that have just given up looking for work
Same skewed numbers apply with the total unemployment rate. Those that just give up looking are forgotten and drop off the charts.
Other than creating wars to increase military which employs more I don't see what this president has done to create jobs
Think the last one to really do that was FDR
New deal and the creation of the government sponsored jobs for intrastructure.

The term you are looking for is "Labor Force Participation Rate."

http://www.zerohedge.com/...americans-not-labor-force

Nov 8th 2014, 15:58:16

Lol vic your a zerohedge reader as well? And blade the government skews those numbers by calling people discouraged workers if their unemployment benefits end and they still have no job. The labor force participation rate is as big as it was in the 80s. If we measure unemployment as how we did back during the great depression our unemployment rate would be over 20%. But we now designed the number to magically fall and look politically correct. Fdr prolonged the great depression because he is doing what we are currently doing right now. The correction has to be allowed to happen and banks and other institutions must be allowed to fail. We will end up like Japan that has had over 20 years of bad economic forecasts.

Penguine Game profile

Nov 8th 2014, 16:19:57

You wankers need to stop digging up dead threads. I was going to respond to some of the posts at top with mocking and sarcasm, but they were posted months ago and the jokes would be stale and inedible now.

Nov 8th 2014, 20:49:15

Thank You President Obama for not being required to utter the immortal words of "I did not have sexual relations with that man in the Oval Office." while under oath. suppose i should've waited 2 more years....
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Nov 8th 2014, 20:53:20

I go to zero hedge occasionally, that was just a good graph to show.

BladeEWG Game profile

Nov 9th 2014, 0:50:26

Good catch Vic
Only 100 mil out of work

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2014, 1:42:18

Originally posted by BladeEWG:

Good catch Vic
Only 100 mil out of work

O N L Y
(•_•)

tellarion Game profile

Nov 9th 2014, 4:54:57

Originally posted by Pang:

I agree 1000%, I do believe if we take money out of politics then we could have people who still want to work for the good of the country not just how big of a bank account they can gain

Citizens United...that's a Dred Scott level fluffty judgement, imo.