Verified:

Raging Budda Game profile

May 16th 2016, 16:30:29

http://bleacherreport.com/...lood-rivalry-to-new-level

All animosty set aside, Odur should have assault charges for that shot to the face on Bautista. Just because it happens on a baeball field doesn't mean normal laws don't apply...

Punch is toward the end after the melee in center field.
Your base is mine!

Ruthie

May 16th 2016, 16:35:53

agreed
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Heston Game profile

May 16th 2016, 16:36:50

fluff that fluff. There is not a man alive that does not need and/or deserve a good old fashion ass kicking. No matter the age. Stop being a fragile little girl.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

mrford Game profile

May 16th 2016, 16:38:04

If pretty ballerina boy OBJ didn't go to jail for that flying helmet to helmet hit on Norman last year, then I wouldn't expect anything to happen with this. Legally anyways.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

May 16th 2016, 16:43:23

Punching someone in the face is textbook assault, people get arrested every day for it. There is no wiggle room about this being a part of the game action like a hard slide or helmet to helmet hit could be.

I'm not expecting anythign to happen either, but really egregious events like this which only happen once/twice a year in all sports should be refered to law enforcement. If I punch a guy after he shoved me in the chest, guess where I would be in the next hour.
Your base is mine!

mrford Game profile

May 16th 2016, 16:53:05

Depends on where you live. Some places only the victim can press charges.

And no one in their right mind would say that helmet to helmet hit I am referring to was part of the game. It was far worse than a punch to the face.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Huma Abedin

May 16th 2016, 16:56:47

A non white man assaults another not white man and then a white man suggests a crime took place?
The only crime i see, barry sees or the doj sees is one presumably white man asking coloured people to arrest another person of colour, as per law, which is racism against the non white.

Stop being so fluffing racist.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 16th 2016, 17:53:30

Rangers are a bunch of sore losers. Waiting til the end of the last game of the season series to "get retribution" on Bautista for the bat flip is beyond lame.

I doubt anything will come of it -- suspension or any charges. The media reports I read out of most of the states see hitting Bautista with a pitch + punching him in the face for a questionable slide as good retribution for the bat flip, which is sort of fluffed.

If the two play in the playoffs again, I'm going to try and get tickets and take a sign saying "The Rangers have no balls" with a picture of Varys from Game of Thrones on it. The Jays need to start playing better first. No offense and the bullpen can't get the job done (Other than Osuna)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

victor victoria

May 16th 2016, 18:53:53

did bertuzzi v moore not definitively prove that assault in a game is assault in whichever city the game happened to occur?

the man and or men should be arrested because they play for gentlemans city's and they play a gentlemans sport. there is no room for those kinds of shenanigans. the greatest baseball player ever to play was banned for spending money, and we allow people to physically assault one another?

again with the gentlemans sporting idealogy..

victor victoria

May 16th 2016, 18:54:52

or, err.. moore v bertuzzi

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 16th 2016, 19:11:14

I think the bertuzzi vs moore thing was an intent to injure/one sided fight sorta thing more than just the fact they had a physical altercation.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

victor victoria

May 16th 2016, 19:22:16

who ever punches somebody else in the face and doesn't try to cause physical pain, or "injure" the one they illegally strike?

really?

victor victoria

May 16th 2016, 19:23:39

this game, as per its owner, is siding on the side of physical abuse being acceptable?

mdevol Game profile

May 16th 2016, 20:16:28

They changed the rule in baseball specifically pertaining to sliding into 2nd base to break up a double play. Bautista didn't even start his slide until he was pretty much on the bag. If I were Our I would have come down hard on him cleat first. It was a completely uneccesary and dangerous slide.

The punch was earned and frankly he is lucky that's all it was.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

victor victoria

May 16th 2016, 20:25:23

the next time that odorous man comes towards second, he'd better come up lame lest he want a hook to his face?

not baseball. if this were golf we'd argue etiquette. since it's baseball, instead, we argue gentlemanship. either of whom has fallen well short.

victor victoria

May 16th 2016, 20:27:47

this also isn't the third world, in canada and america, physical assault is a crime, not a means of life. the assaulter should face criminal charges, as per the laws held against any single NOT professional athlete.

a crime is a crime and all crime should be enforced with penalty or punishment.

May 16th 2016, 20:38:48

Yeah the slide was late and against the rules, and yeah I would have been upset if I were Odur and gotten into his face about it. Going full MMA is different.

At least suspend the guy for 10 games, and the pitcher who intentionally hit him to put him on 1st gets the normal 5 games the baseball doles out for intentionally throwing at a player.
Your base is mine!

mdevol Game profile

May 16th 2016, 20:47:34

Right, the suspensions need to come. But I don't blame him. He took a dirty slide that if connected could have rolled an ankle, busted a knee, we have all seen nasty takeout slides that put people on the DL. This was a nasty slide.

That said, the suspensions should be enough.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Vic Game profile

May 16th 2016, 21:36:11

wait a second. when the hit comes, bautista is squaring up, not running. isn't that just a fair fight??

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 16th 2016, 21:51:36

I thought he was trying to grapple with Odor. Odor had already pushed Bautista in the chest when Bautista stood up, Bautista grabbed the shoulder and then Odor clocked Bautista. Texas escalated the situation twice.

I hope it's > 10 games for Odor, but like I said earlier in this thread, I doubt there is any suspensions for Odor or the pitcher because it's a Toronto player and Rangers players.

The real shame is that Encarnacion hit into a double play instead of hitting a home run like he fluffing should have in that situation. Hitting a 2 run shot and winning the series (Jays had already won the season series before the game started) and doing a bat flip would have been the perfect way to counter Bautista getting hit.

Edited By: Pang on May 16th 2016, 21:53:45
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Scott Game profile

May 16th 2016, 21:59:33

Originally posted by mdevol:
Right, the suspensions need to come. But I don't blame him. He took a dirty slide that if connected could have rolled an ankle, busted a knee, we have all seen nasty takeout slides that put people on the DL. This was a nasty slide.

This isn't bautista's first late slide this season either. The guy is a jackass and got what he deserved.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/...nald-trump-bernie-sanders

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 16th 2016, 22:00:07

Originally posted by Scott:

This isn't bautista's first late slide this season either. The guy is a jackass and got what he deserved.

http://m.mlb.com/...ikes-giavotella-at-second

Seems like Odor is kind of a piece of fluff across the board :p

Edited By: Pang on May 16th 2016, 22:02:11
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Scott Game profile

May 16th 2016, 22:14:01

Originally posted by Pang:
Originally posted by Scott:

http://m.mlb.com/...ikes-giavotella-at-second

Seems like Odor is kind of a piece of fluff across the board :p

Odor may be a fluff, but he is now a hero in my book. I am not a Rangers fan...

mrford Game profile

May 16th 2016, 22:22:10

That slide was dirty as fluff, and made the situation much worse. I dont blame the punch, but if someone gets suspended everyone should.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

victor victoria

May 16th 2016, 23:29:59

Youre still sore that a puerto rican spitter mocked your entire city, fan base and baseball organzition while we made a mockery of us owned baseball teams.

Go strike in '94 so that canada cant three-peat. America is a joke they cant win so they refuse to play. Cowards.

Vic Game profile

May 17th 2016, 0:10:02

in hs if there was a late slide into second and no one on third, there'd be a few step offs and throws to second with outrageously hard slapping tags to the face. usually a couple from the pitcher to second, then an outside ball thrown for the catcher to gun it back to second behind him, all with very retaliatory slaps. gotta retaliate in baseball boys

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 17th 2016, 0:28:40

sounds more like people from the Boston area are just assholes :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Vic Game profile

May 17th 2016, 1:10:27

massholes :p

Scott Game profile

May 17th 2016, 1:25:20

I am not from Boston or New York

May 17th 2016, 3:04:46

I've given the slide was late and over the bag, and baseball is trying to get rid of that. The slide was douchy, and it deserved a face to face, chest bump or a shove, but not a right hook into the face. My orginal post was that in ANY other circumstance that is the defination of assualt, and almost any other circumstance criminal charges will be filed if the offended party decided to pursue them. Since this happened on a baseball field, I doubt this happen...which was the point of the post.
Your base is mine!

Vic Game profile

May 17th 2016, 3:25:54

I'm contending, regardless of the slide or team shenanigans, in most cases on the stree this would not have been a findable assault for the very reason that Bautista squares up and footage shows as much.

I was watching this 60 days in show on a&e (spectacular television by the way) and there are two instances where dudes are completely sucker punch cold clocked with no way to defend themselves. Again, regardless of the prison situation, on the streets those guys could have serious assault cases with finding ... But again, bautista gets all gangster and instead of walking away, thugs up, then gets his

mrford Game profile

May 17th 2016, 3:29:00

Both parties squared up, so I doubt any street assault charges would hold up in court. Especially considering the events leading up until.

Your point was a good one, but I doubt valid in this instance.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

May 17th 2016, 4:46:43

A sports analogy, in soccer a red card for "dangerous play" is a sending off and a min 3 match ban (nearly 8% of the 38 normal european league season). A similar suspension in baseball would be 12-13 games, which is very close to what I would suspend Odur for this.

Still missing the main point; inside a sports arena, these instnances happen about once a year and I'm shocked that police don't press assault charges when in most any other circumstance, a police investigation would be the minimium response by law enforcement.

An example, If I were to try close-handed punch someone in the face during my flag football league later this week because he ran into me hard (against the rules) , the odds of me facing criminal consequences are IMO, far higher than would Odur is facing.
Your base is mine!

Vic Game profile

May 17th 2016, 5:01:02

dude, i'd have to disagree. i think if it's a flat out sucker punch, and someone is hurt even in a professional arena ... that will likely lead to charges. i truly can't think of a professional sports sucker punch though... can you? lots of square ups though

archaic Game profile

May 17th 2016, 6:08:42

Originally posted by Raging Budda:
If I punch a guy after he shoved me in the chest, guess where I would be in the next hour.

In need of a legal lesson apparently

"after he shoved me in the chest"

That right there is simple battery my friend and Odor would be justified in escalating the confrontation to a level sufficient to end the assault. It happened in his place of work and he has no reasonable expectation of retreat.

I suppose you think hockey players that drop the gloves and go at it should also be arrested? Or what it a boxer throws a deliberate low blow, should that be cause for arrest? Go watch cricket man, or badminton, or curling. You would have put Nolan Ryan in jail to I guess?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

iScode Game profile

May 17th 2016, 10:39:41

Hey whoah! dont bring cricket into this, you couldn't handle playing cricket, its only a sport for real men!

Bonus!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

mrford Game profile

May 17th 2016, 15:33:06

No it isnt.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

May 17th 2016, 17:15:47

Originally posted by archaic:

In need of a legal lesson apparently

"after he shoved me in the chest"

That right there is simple battery my friend and Odor would be justified in escalating the confrontation to a level sufficient to end the assault. It happened in his place of work and he has no reasonable expectation of retreat.

I suppose you think hockey players that drop the gloves and go at it should also be arrested? Or what it a boxer throws a deliberate low blow, should that be cause for arrest? Go watch cricket man, or badminton, or curling. You would have put Nolan Ryan in jail to I guess?

Hockey players fighting is kind of funny, Newton's 3rd law kind of minimizes any major chance of major harm being done. As for other examples, those are done during game/match action and it would be impoossible to prove "beyond a resonable doubt" that a low blow or a throwing at a player would meet the defination of assault.

As for cricket, it is legal (and sometimes tactically smart) to throw the ball at the head and/or body of the player provided it bounces first. Those balls hurt a bunch.
Your base is mine!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 17th 2016, 17:40:16

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bautista do a questionable slide after being hit by the pitch, stood up and started a shouting match with Odor, then Odor pushed Bautista away, then Odor punched Bautista in the face when Bautista came back to grapple.

In that case, I would assume Odor is in the wrong across the board in a legal sense. I still don't think it warrants charges being filed regardless.

Also, my comment re: Boston people being assholes was directed at Vic, but in jest :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Havoc Game profile

May 17th 2016, 22:31:54

8 games for Odor.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

hawkeyee Game profile

May 17th 2016, 22:48:38

You hit a guy, you expect a hard slide into 2nd. That's baseball, and that's been baseball for decades. You don't expect the 2nd baseman to try and knock him out.

Also, a guy shows you up in the playoffs, you plunk him the 1st at bat of the 1st game back. You don't wait until the last time through the rotation in the final game of the season series.

So fluffing lame. I'm sure vets on the Rangers were hanging their head at that one too.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

Scott Game profile

May 17th 2016, 23:49:23

Originally posted by hawkeyee:
You hit a guy, you expect a hard slide into 2nd. That's baseball, and that's been baseball for decades. You don't expect the 2nd baseman to try and knock him out.

Also, a guy shows you up in the playoffs, you plunk him the 1st at bat of the 1st game back. You don't wait until the last time through the rotation in the final game of the season series.

So fluffing lame. I'm sure vets on the Rangers were hanging their head at that one too.

I am sure they are just gawking at how hard Odor rocked Bautistas jaw.

BladeEWG Game profile

May 18th 2016, 0:16:23

Should be 8 games suspension along with public service and probation.

mrford Game profile

May 18th 2016, 1:59:57

Take your pussification of America elsewhere. Fights happen. Get over it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

archaic Game profile

May 18th 2016, 13:00:48

Originally posted by mrford:

The lack of an upvote button is why I don't hang around here as much as I used to.

http://i.imgur.com/3V4ylTP.gif
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

victor victoria

May 18th 2016, 16:52:30

Go explain this to ferguson and anywhere else black lives matter.
Stop being pussies, teenage criminals get shot. Get over it.

Heston Game profile

May 18th 2016, 18:01:19

Originally posted by victor victoria:

I figure you have to blow at least a .09, to group together those words.

He will not. You just made him grip his purse tighter.

mrford Game profile

May 18th 2016, 18:20:47

Originally posted by Heston:

Black lives matter is 100% horsefluff.

No one kills us but us! Solid logic. Put that effort into fighting gang and drug violence and maybe the cops won't have to fear for their life because your baggy pant ass is reaching for a cell phone.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Heston Game profile

May 18th 2016, 18:52:57

Originally posted by Heston:

Black lives matter is 100% horsefluff.

No one kills us but us! Solid logic. Put that effort into fighting gang and drug violence and maybe the cops won't have to fear for their life because your baggy pant ass is reaching for a cell phone.

Cops fear for their lives because they hire people that are exactly like blade to enforce laws. For instance, blade, as a cop, would focus on homo-trans fluffting instead of violent crime or property crimes.

BladeEWG Game profile

May 18th 2016, 19:03:43

Nice try troll