Verified:

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Feb 10th 2017, 2:30:44

Originally posted by Dissident:
Sam danger... the separation of church and state is in the constitution. Churches get tax exemption because theyre not allowed to meddle in politics from the pulpit. If they do, theyre supposed to lose their tax exemption. This is a good thing yo

Um, what?

This statement confuses me on many levels.

1) I don't understand how it relates to anything I've said in this thread. Why was I specifically addressed?

2) Unless I'm mistaken, the closest The Constitution comes to mentioning the separation of church and state is "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

3) Again, unless I'm mistaken, nowhere in The Constitution is there any prohibition against churches or their leaders engaging in political discourse. Its the other way around. The Federal Government is prohibited from interfering with the religious beliefs / expression of citizens. This is one of the many reasons that Obamacare was such a travesty, IMO. It attempted to force people of faith to violate their beliefs in order to comply with a decree from our rulers.. I mean representatives.