Verified:

mrcuban Game profile

Oct 7th 2018, 2:44:12

Just wondering what public opinion is of this set griefers compared to MD final set killing everyone netting or not and saying the only way to be safe is join a MD’s fluff tag?

drkprinc Game profile

Oct 7th 2018, 3:17:56

(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

DirtySquirrel83 Game profile

Oct 7th 2018, 3:20:37

MD was killing netters?

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 7th 2018, 3:29:15

https://www.earthempires.com/...nce/45/clans?ranktype=tnw

that reset Squirrel,

basically everyone but Sol
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Oct 7th 2018, 4:42:23

Lmao. Thank you Warster

You all deserve every acre lost. I'm sorry I've only taken 500k.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 7th 2018, 4:42:59

Originally posted by DirtySquirrel83:
Lmao. Thank you Warster

I thought we were cool....you know airplanes, taxes, and poop?

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 7th 2018, 4:43:00

Warster sighting!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Oct 7th 2018, 4:46:05

Originally posted by galleri:
Originally posted by DirtySquirrel83:
Lmao. Thank you Warster

I thought we were cool....you know airplanes, taxes, and poop?

I can separate the game from the personality :-*

Ivan Game profile

Oct 7th 2018, 5:46:34

What we did in MD actually took skill, thats the difference :P

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Oct 7th 2018, 11:03:44

Originally posted by Ivan:

Only reason MD "won" that reset was because Elders and LaF kept fighting each other instead of coordinating.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

mrcuban Game profile

Oct 7th 2018, 11:43:24

MD declared war on the entire server except SOL...

Oct 7th 2018, 14:51:04

Originally posted by Ivan:

Blindsiding smaller clans that don't coordinate?

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 7th 2018, 15:20:55

Nah the difference was MD won that war. That's how it took skill. Suiciding, imo, is different than warring. Different set of rules. The server performed on all cylinders. It was good to hang out with everyone for a set, and as I remember, no one was all that butthurt about it.

SOL sitting out was far more of an irritation than MD hitting to most since laf and elders were already at war. The netting tags didn't seem to mind showing up for one. It was aight.

Makinso Game profile

Oct 7th 2018, 18:36:57

DS yes and no.

MD was fighting nearly double their size. Even without organisation that kinda takes skill to finish properly.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 7th 2018, 18:42:36

i agree with Derrick, we were more annoyed at sol then md. since elders and laf was warring we didnt have any big countries and the other tags just simply rolled over 1 by 1 and joined in with their restarts. It was fun cause there was tons of turns just lacked the army to support those turns.
Don of LaF

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 7th 2018, 18:48:34

Was a great set tho. Haha. By the end a gal I was seeing had given up on me and Iggy's wife nearly did the same to him. Fortunately we established an auto renew bropact with each other that is thicker than blood and more sacred than institutions such as marriage.

LightBringer Game profile

Oct 7th 2018, 20:33:59

I would like to point out Gains that I personally, did not 'roll over', I was breaking MD'ers left right and centre before being killed!
Also the major difference is, that war, as blindsided as it was, was hella fun, at least for me it was. Suiciding is kinda pathetic.
I agree with Derricks summary.

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Nah the difference was MD won that war. That's how it took skill. Suiciding, imo, is different than warring. Different set of rules. The server performed on all cylinders. It was good to hang out with everyone for a set, and as I remember, no one was all that butthurt about it.

SOL sitting out was far more of an irritation than MD hitting to most since laf and elders were already at war. The netting tags didn't seem to mind showing up for one. It was aight.

Hello

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 7th 2018, 21:28:23

Haha. Getafix was breaking in that war with his 4th country.

archaic Game profile

Oct 7th 2018, 23:04:32

Also, that was not really MD. Those guys had almost zero connection to anything resembling the tag formerly known as MD. A few low level soldiers maybe, but nobody that was a former head in MD. It would be like me claiming I was restarting UCN even though I was just a nameless clown on the kill team that was 5-6 layers removed from Fin and Croaker. I could gather a handful of scrubs and call it anything I want - knowbody would be fooled into thinking it was really UCN.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Oct 8th 2018, 2:54:15

Isnt that all that's left? ^

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 8th 2018, 5:29:13

The current griefers didn't hit mrcuban much, so they are alright in his book. MD did hit him, so he was mad at them.

Thats the difference between him and other treehuggers or what you want to call them. When Omega, Monsters or LaF get hit we all feel bad for eachother and wish that it never happen again so we can compete on even terms, but mrcuban only sees that his rank can become higher if he is not the target.

table4two Game profile

Oct 8th 2018, 9:06:38

Thats right, to be the best you have to beat the best :)

Originally posted by Gerdler:
The current griefers didn't hit mrcuban much, so they are alright in his book. MD did hit him, so he was mad at them.

Thats the difference between him and other treehuggers or what you want to call them. When Omega, Monsters or LaF get hit we all feel bad for eachother and wish that it never happen again so we can compete on even terms, but mrcuban only sees that his rank can become higher if he is not the target.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 8th 2018, 9:59:43

SOL is ranked too high.

I'm just waiting for PDM to have a reunion set and bring back a bunch of riff raff. It's all I have left to kill haha

sinistril Game profile

Oct 8th 2018, 10:48:44

Prob the closest to top 25 he'll ever get. Marshal 2.0

Correction, he actually made 13th in the MD set with a whopping 50 m nw... and man does this guy have a lot of purpled countries...

Edited By: sinistril on Oct 8th 2018, 10:52:53
See Original Post
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

mrcuban Game profile

Oct 8th 2018, 12:51:49

Gerdler don't be salty. In every post I have made regarding the current turn of events I have stated that the actions are not okay and hurtful to the game. EVERY POST.

I just don't see the difference between these handful of guys griefing and MD doing it as a large tag? does it make it different because they posted a war dec on the whole server? Oh except SOL is fine we can leave them... does it make it different that time because you were warring with elders?

I net in PDM, but we haven't been without our own issues. I've only ever advocated for the good and growth of this game and have been doing so for years. It usually falls on deaf ears and years later we're still in the exact same game with about 20% of the player base. Go figure eh?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 8th 2018, 14:57:34

Originally posted by mrcuban:
Just wondering what public opinion is of this set griefers compared to MD final set killing everyone netting or not and saying the only way to be safe is join a MD’s fluff tag?

I would say that with the game being so low in population, of real players, that any kind of griefing is bad.

I don't remember you from my PDM days, sorry if I should, but I do have a place in my Heart for PDM and I am very sad to see PDM with ~5 people playing. Truth be told, as Archaic said, PDM is not the real PDM it hasn't been since Comwood stepped away.

Whatever the public opinion is Pang/ Qz have an almost impossible task on their hands:
1. Implement real solutions to this problem and lose players
2. Don't implement real solutions to this problem and lose players

Before anyone jumps on the box to yell at them for either action or inaction just remember this: they don't have the luxery of having 10's of thousands of players like other games who can take a bigger stand on issues. Game mechanics that have been around since Mehul and a lower player base give them hesitation for good reason (and time limitations).

Ivan Game profile

Oct 8th 2018, 18:52:46

Originally posted by archaic:
Also, that was not really MD. Those guys had almost zero connection to anything resembling the tag formerly known as MD. A few low level soldiers maybe, but nobody that was a former head in MD. It would be like me claiming I was restarting UCN even though I was just a nameless clown on the kill team that was 5-6 layers removed from Fin and Croaker. I could gather a handful of scrubs and call it anything I want - knowbody would be fooled into thinking it was really UCN.

LOL in general youve been better in the last couple of years but now your just talking out of your ass again.
Arsenal, Locutus, Slash, Randy, Bombay, Phoe, Taveren etc etc etc all formers heads/presidents in MD

And like some people say MD won because not everyone participated full out but even then we still took twice as many hits per day for a long period of time and still pulled through that took no small effort or skillset.

fluff!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 8th 2018, 19:27:29

Ivan I’ll always think of you as SoF, you bipolar crazy man you!

You might have fluffed me iver a few times in PDM

Oct 8th 2018, 21:04:01

[quote poster=Requiem; 45918; 873488]
Originally posted by mrcuban:

Whatever the public opinion is Pang/ Qz have an almost impossible task on their hands:
1. Implement real solutions to this problem and lose players
2. Don't implement real solutions to this problem and lose players

I don't believe it's impossible, and I don't believe it's lose lose. There is a product here. It's certainly niche, but it's a product all the same. It can be monetized without corrupting the spirit, and it can provide a worthwhile return.

I see it as 3 different paths,

1) Do nothing and let me farm your best and brightest [Course taken since the end of e2025, like it or not]
2) Shut it down [Now, please]
3) Commit and actively grow the game [Employ unpaid college interns! Make the fluffing app! You've reached the point where you have nothing to lose but time. There are successful people here who can contribute, despite the fact FAILURE has already come and then left because it was bored]

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 8th 2018, 21:41:42

While ee is profitable, it is not making these people millionaires. It just happens to be barely solvent.

Pang has been working on both traffic and the new UI, in addition to working his full time job. The new UI has some functionality and it looks and feels very good. I really like it.

Qz has been making updates to bots, moving the server and his whole life to a new house etc.

People are spending a lot of time on the game when they have time to do so. Considering we've all been here the whole time we can be patient. Since you just arrived yesterday, you want that overnight.

In the last 2 years I've seen a massive overhaul to the bots to fix their impact on the markets, I've played on the new UI and been asked for feedback on it (which I dont have any negatives, i honestly like it a lot), I've been asked how information about players is gathered by tags etc. There is absolutely progress in the direction you say but it will never be an overnight thing.

You should consider that multiple fake Nick's, and attempting to hide in the bot jungle and things of this nature are things that need to be ironed out before the addition of a massive bloc of young players. Therefore, you are causing the mods and admins to focus on the mess you cause rather than on the stuff you want.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 8th 2018, 21:48:17
See Original Post

Oct 8th 2018, 23:38:52

While ee is profitable, it is not making these people millionaires. It just happens to be barely solvent.

Pang has been working on both traffic and the new UI, in addition to working his full time job. The new UI has some functionality and it looks and feels very good. I really like it.

Qz has been making updates to bots, moving the server and his whole life to a new house etc.

People are spending a lot of time on the game when they have time to do so. Considering we've all been here the whole time we can be patient. Since you just arrived yesterday, you want that overnight.

In the last 2 years I've seen a massive overhaul to the bots to fix their impact on the markets, I've played on the new UI and been asked for feedback on it (which I dont have any negatives, i honestly like it a lot), I've been asked how information about players is gathered by tags etc. There is absolutely progress in the direction you say but it will never be an overnight thing.

You should consider that multiple fake Nick's, and attempting to hide in the bot jungle and things of this nature are things that need to be ironed out before the addition of a massive bloc of young players. Therefore, you are causing the mods and admins to focus on the mess you cause rather than on the stuff you want.

It's same game I left, with bots and <5% of the players. You're 'patient' because you're partial.

Sure, the new interface is nice. But the current interface has existed for 20+ yrs.
Maybe they did fine tune the bots over a two year period, but how many people quit during the same time? And is healing a self i flicked wound really progress?
How many new players have been brought in?

You can hone in on my posts and dislike me all you want, but it doesn't make my point less valid. It only makes you a biased dipfluff dbag, which again... Nothing new.

Only 1 thing has materially changed in last 10 years of empires, and in the last 10 years of e2025s life, and that's the player base.

EE is a neglected couch project that die hards have clung to. No one ever expected anything overnight, but after years of grunting, I hope they flush this fluff.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 0:35:23

Well, what you say is an opinion which is contrary to fact that the player base has either grown or remained consistent, esp in the last year. Traffic has gone up. Etc.

You're spitballing when you can legitimately have a conversation with the active admins we have and base your comments on facts. Granted there have been periods where it was tougher for the admins due to RL, but recently that's actually not the case. It's easy to be an armchair admin and feel like you know everything. You are not programming the new UI from an old school mess of code. You don't have any idea how long it takes. It's a massive overhaul that these people do for basically futures. This isnt a main job, just a hobby for love of the game.

I understand that you have no respect for the people who have kept this game available to all of us, but you aren't being helpful. You've done absolutely nothing yourself to help out. If you want a voice, then do something. Create websites, blog, spread the word etc. Affiliate marketing, I assume with your level of brilliance, is something I'm sure you can figure out. But no, you won't be an active participant, you'll just sit around telling other people what you think they should do.

Dont forget that this is a fan project by players of the game. If you want to be involved, qz gave a seminar on programming bots as recently as a month ago. Access to the game API will be granted if you want to make supporting websites like dozens have done in the past. There are so many ways to get involved and be helpful rather than sitting around complaining about things you know nothing about.

Oct 9th 2018, 1:39:41

Holy fluff you're proud of the fact this *community* has maintained 100 players for a year? That's not the devs, that's subretards thinking fullretards are worth hanging out with, digitally, while mom makes dinner.

I fully acknowledged this is a couch project. Im not spit balling anything. You're legitimately 1 step from pillow angel cumwrag, and EE has legitimately been a decade long disappointment. What did I spitball? That there is a real product here? Please disagree.

I cannot possibly be the first to think of college interns. Transitioning this to an app was talked about when a thousand or two still played. There has been no shortage of talent to play this game. If anyone in control cared, I wouldn't have an argument. But sadly, the fact remains, me and my band of 15 degenerates are a HUGE portion of the player base.

I'm not a programmer. That's what the kids are for. If the devs want to have a real business conversation to discuss fixing this shameful shadow of our memory, I am 100% on board. I'll clear my calendar. But considering current state and lack of interaction, I hope you're holding your breath.

It's no lack of respect - that's OUR relationship. I think I've been pretty transparent in my opinion. You're a worthless piece of fluff. With the devs, it's lack of faith.

archaic Game profile

Oct 9th 2018, 1:44:36

[quote poster=DirtySquirrel83; 45918; 873570]

EE is a neglected couch project that die hards have clung to. No one ever expected anything overnight, but after years of grunting, I hope they flush this fluff.

Its not for your sorry sneaky little fluff ass to decide though sweety because you did ZERO to build it. Thats the problem with fluffters like you, yap yap yap all day long about other peoples work, but all you are any good at is whining (thats how you fluffing spell it BTW you cretin) and breaking things. Pang and QZ built this as a vanity project for their friends and as a test bed for things they wanted to try.

I'm sorry it's not up to your petulant piss ant standards, maybe you could see if Mars2025 or TEK has any openings. Pang and QZ are not going to either shut it down or dramatically change it just to appease your sorry ass. If you don't like playing here, you can do us a favor and go take a shower with your hamster. You can take Ivan with you if you want.

Edited By: galleri on Oct 9th 2018, 3:08:28
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Oct 9th 2018, 1:48:21

But I DO enjoy playing here. You've been crying over your country for a while now, and I enjoy every tear.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 2:15:29

Bro. He doesnt even have a country here. In every comment you make here, you flash some of that ignorance that playing here for a few sets will change. He won't cry about a 1a country because he doesnt have one. His tag won team. I legit don't see a server that you've gotten to archy at all. He's commenting on your actions as a neutral bystander, not someone you've ever touched.

You still don't seem to get it. This is an at home fan project that openly invites its members to get involved with all aspects. They teach us how the bots work, they ask us to test the new UI, they ask for our suggestions and take them seriously. I don't know man. You say you can't believe they don't use college interns, but that seems to be something you know about. Rather than blasting them for not doing something you know about, just use that knowledge. No one will blast you for not helping program, because you aren't a programmer. As this is a fan project, and you are a fan, if you know how to get a line on college interns, perhaps you should share that info with pang. Thats how it works around here. I'm sure he would be more than happy to have the help. Maybe he didnt consider that option. Or maybe he has but hasn't found what he's looking for.

This is a project that is very easy to be involved in, and making demands of other people for things you can do yourself sounds stupid. You don't have to condescend people that are doing something that you're too lazy to do yourself. If you did one thing, just one thing, positive for this game, I'll have a fluffload more respect for your words.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 9th 2018, 2:23:33
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 2:30:14

There are changes I haven't been totally in love with, for instance the increase of 1a bots a couple sets ago. I thought it was too many. It bugged me a little.

I didn't go around screaming about it because I never played an opinion while it was being talked about, didnt attend qz's bot seminars, didn't contribute to the programming, etc. I lost my chance to have a voice in those fan project meetings. So instead of complaining that I didn't like the changes, i respected the maintenance and work of the players who actually put the time in in an effort to make the game better.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 2:34:57

Also, the fact that everyone thinks you're a douchebag will not prevent you from being involved. Gerd has mod access and celphi has api access. Just saying. Get involved if you want change. It's like anything in life.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 2:41:58

think about bots differently derrick

even if you dont like them dont argue that the numbers too high, argue instead for things like having some bots be deliberately bad

that way you can have tiers of bots designed to make a more organic experience for new players

where even if they are small and farmed there is someone smaller and more farmable for them to hit

having 10k all explore bots as they are now would be silly/weird

but if their were 10k bots total it would be fine if say 9k were programmed to be bad, teching with rainbows, not exploring all turns, cashing, random spy ops, whatever

900 to be decent similar to now but not growing and stocking as efficiently as possible, a lot joining gdi, random missile retals if farmed too much and so on

100 to be as good as possible, inter allying for d allies, running strong strats, being in gdi if appropriate, farming other smaller bots if possible, stocking, possibly dumping stock to retal if farmed too much

thats just one random thought of what it could be but theirs plenty of ways to have the bots set up to create a much better environment for new players

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 2:48:21

See, I hate that idea because I like there being a competition for land. I think taking the competitive aspect of farming out of the game takes away one of the favorite aspects of the game for me. 100 was not enough, 250 is too many. That said, the player base is actually currently growing so there could be a time where 250 is perfect, or more need to be added. Just enough where everyone can get land but the best news watchers, nw matchers and ms heavy ttr's will have the most.

Though I could see where 250 would be perfect if some as you say are intentionally bad. Restarting this set was tough because everything is beefy from when changes to purchasing and allies were made to fix the military market (btw ds, this change happened last set despite your no maintenance claim. You just weren't on the forums). Players are absolutely better targets for a late starter/bad player than bots.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 9th 2018, 2:54:13
See Original Post

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 2:53:25

still even if you want less having them a lot more spread out would be better

even something as simple as giving bots random bpt targets between 20 and 100 would make them really spread out

and would be amusing to see which performed the best end of set, since too high and too low would be worse

if a bot had 20 bpt played same as now it would never grow over 3k or whatever instead of getting to 10k

Oct 9th 2018, 2:57:31

2x funnier if he doesn't have a country. And solid edit. I'll spare the obvious.

I'm not making demands of anyone. You should know by now not to believe everything you read, let alone that anyone speaks for anyone.

I'm saying, as someone familiar with this game and business in general, there is no option but slow death, fast death, or dramatic change here.

I see no reason this game can't pay the bills while someone works a 'real job'. It doesn't have to make you a millionaire to be worthwhile, but no one is going to commit real talent or effort if they don't believe in the management team.

The game doesn't have to be a disappointing knock off experience for leftover diehards. Dev involvement, however, suggests they expect it could be nothing more than that. I don't need to waste years to realize it.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 2:58:59

That part I totally agree with enshula. Like I said, it was tough restarting. The smallest breaks were like 4m.

There's a happy medium on the number of bots per player I think. Maybe 250 is totally perfect if some of them are too small to be hit by the top netters. Most are too big for late starts or new players or whatever. You have to x a while to catch them. I think the bpt suggestion is a good one. Maybe even have some at 5 bpt lol.

Oct 9th 2018, 3:01:06

I could see you being an ally, Derrick, if not for the things you've sponsored. Give it time. You'll realize your mistake.

I really only needed an excuse. I'm glad you're such a good one.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 3:01:30

DS, have you seen the new API? App format launch is seriously right around the corner. Did you know that?

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 3:02:42

Haha. Laf warred us for a year and we still here bro. They're massive compared to us. Have fun being cannon fodder.

Oct 9th 2018, 3:05:41

You think laf losing 2m acres was random?

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 3:07:26

And yes, I even reached out to skywise and tried to help him the first time I saw him on team server. I initially tried to be cordial and even helpful to you guys when you first came around, despite that there were flaws in your play. I think that set ended with skywise accusing villains of running multies because they killed him fast hahaha.

Point is I could have been an ally, or at least tolerant. We war every set. Itd be natural. You chose to make us an enemy.

Oct 9th 2018, 3:08:01

DS, have you seen the new API? App format launch is seriously right around the corner. Did you know that?

Pretty sure that was the case before I stopped logging in 10 yrs ago

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 9th 2018, 3:08:02

Do you think I asked you your goals 3 or 4 times now?