Verified:

BobbyATA Game profile

Jul 21st 2012, 14:27:35

For discussion of teh reset. Seems like a couple commies are getting real big. More competition grabbing than I remember from previous resets, ie most targets I'm hitting have been hit at least 2 times in past 24 hours. Fun stuff so far!

blid

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2012, 17:33:51

Yeah and still at this point it's hard to tell if a certain strat is going to dominate.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2012, 18:19:44

I'm still on the fence, don't know if I should keep teching or convert :/
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

bug03 Game profile

Jul 21st 2012, 18:44:07

i'm gonna try a different strat this set and see how it works out

qwertyh Game profile

Jul 21st 2012, 19:40:22

LoL KOH, I keep seeing you and thinking to myself, when is he ever going to do something with that monarchy of his. A bit late if you ask me.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2012, 19:49:10

Its never too late for war, and I have 2 candidates :)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

crest23 Game profile

Jul 21st 2012, 22:47:24

Tyr farmer.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2012, 0:21:01

He ^ gets it :p
(•_•)

ZIP Game profile

Jul 22nd 2012, 1:07:43

i am playing a theo casher for fluffs - surprisingly i was keeping up to the commies in nw and land, but twice this set i could not log in for 36 hrs and those two times a commy bit me. as long as i play often and don't let them pull ahead too far it seams to be working.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

qwertyh Game profile

Jul 22nd 2012, 19:29:49

ZIP, you hit me once when I was just about to start buying up tech. You set you me back a day, so expect a retal in the near future from me. :D

ZIP Game profile

Jul 24th 2012, 18:37:48

r u the one that messaged me in game?
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

blid

EE Patron

Jul 24th 2012, 18:42:21

I think casher will rule for the third straight set. I see very few rep cashers... maybe 2 or 3.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Chewi Game profile

Jul 24th 2012, 18:46:39

Those big theos are cashers most likely.

qwertyh Game profile

Jul 24th 2012, 19:00:26

Hmm..techers more like it. Tech prices are awesome!

qwertyh Game profile

Jul 24th 2012, 19:01:53

nope, I haven't msged you yet zip.

Chewi Game profile

Jul 24th 2012, 19:03:38

#108 is a techer I think. #324 is a casher unless he lied.

blid

EE Patron

Jul 25th 2012, 0:01:42

Oh, so one more big casher then. Any Dem cashers? Looks like maybe 5 good cashers so far... still not a whole bunch but I guess that's a bit more there.

Edited By: blid on Jul 25th 2012, 1:02:51
See Original Post

Reroll

Jul 25th 2012, 2:26:16

Tech price is pretty high this set. Will techer have a shot this set?

blid

EE Patron

Jul 25th 2012, 2:56:48

The big theo techer looks like Rob. He made 100m the last two sets as a techer, with a good round he could make much higher.

herbs12 Game profile

Jul 25th 2012, 16:19:48

This thread has merit I like it.

I think cashier will do well as always and if the current market trend stays then we should have some inflated techer networth this set.

A few key players are playing there favorite strat of choice and doing amazing already. I look forward to the competitiveness of this set.

I totally agree with you Bobby there is a lot of competition in grabbing this round. It seems a lot more skilled netters have joined the primary game, and the top 50 networth all reflect that.

ZIP Game profile

Jul 25th 2012, 23:48:23

Commy is still solid. I have a big casher and I am having trouble teching up cause I have to stay ahead of the big commies jet counts to keep my land

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 26th 2012, 1:46:26

Techers are going to own up this reset.

ZIP Game profile

Jul 26th 2012, 14:46:02

ya after what i just saw - i would be willing to put up the farm as to who will be the top dawgs this set.

blid

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2012, 14:57:38

Well, techer is going strong but recall the commies last round... 125m and would have been 130m if not for the big retal on bakku. That's despite a $117 avg turret price, lowest in Primary history. If the military prices stay decent, a commie could compete even with a 130m-140m finishing techer. So the techers will have their work cut out for them even if this remains a great tech set.

herbs12 Game profile

Jul 26th 2012, 16:13:55

Yes but bakku is in my opinion the best at the strat choice of commie Indy. He plays in set after set and dominates the top always. It's unfair blid to base commie nets on him lol he will always be up there despite turret prices.

I think it's fair to assume farmers will have a better round and techers this set. Cashier will not have as good of a purchasing power as normal. And the good commie players will stay at the top get fat and do well as always regardless of market price. Oilers I dont know about that one and don't really ever foresee a oiler taking top 3.

herbs12 Game profile

Jul 26th 2012, 16:15:50

After my alliance commie this set I have really started to like playing them. I might start and continue using commie until I can master it. It's a really fun strat to play once it gets going.

blid

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2012, 18:20:55

Well I got 125m net last set myself with a commie. ingle got 124.5m too. though he got 7500 free land so his score is kind of bullfluff. but the point is bakku/others can always score pretty high with a commie, so it won't be a cakewalk for the techers unless military prices take another big dip

ingle Game profile

Jul 26th 2012, 18:35:58

Originally posted by blid:
Well I got 125m net last set myself with a commie. ingle got 124.5m too. though he got 7500 free land so his score is kind of bullfluff. but the point is bakku/others can always score pretty high with a commie, so it won't be a cakewalk for the techers unless military prices take another big dip

Yeah - I got a lot of land at the end from Bug (since he was quitting) in the last week, but it was too late into the set. I think I would've finished with 115~ otherwise.

Commie is by far one of the easiest strats and there are a lot less commies this set then the last 3 meaning we will most likely see higher military prices.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jul 26th 2012, 19:26:11

I always choose the wrong strat:(...at least I get to tell myself it's b/c I'm so good I influence the markets enough to make my strat bad

qwertyh Game profile

Jul 26th 2012, 22:25:34

Haha..overall, I think this set has more balance among the different strats giving everyone a chance.

blid

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2012, 0:02:59

So far, food is cheap and tech is high, so not great for farmer/casher. But it's early. Last set military prices started off kind of high and then more and more giant commies rose up and it crashed.

VivaNick Game profile

Jul 27th 2012, 3:42:20

Originally posted by herbs12:
After my alliance commie this set I have really started to like playing them. I might start and continue using commie until I can master it. It's a really fun strat to play once it gets going.

" Liked " , commie indy is a real kindergarten strat...

Rob Game profile

Jul 27th 2012, 3:56:22

Unless tech crashes and military gets cheaper soon, cashers will struggle to keep up and stay in contention.

The best commies will always be in a position to win regardless of the market.

How techers will fare depends on the market.

Doesnt look too good for farmers.

Looks like 5 commies, 5 cashers, 2 techers will have a shot.

Rob Game profile

Jul 27th 2012, 3:58:28

Originally posted by VivaNick:

I think commie indy is an easy to play but hard to master strat.
Its not easy playing a commie indy like bakku or afaik

VivaNick Game profile

Jul 27th 2012, 4:42:44

Originally posted by Rob:

Agree for Primary server, commie indy having hard time during last 15 - 5 days, because every1 especially techers stock pile nobody gonna buy military, 2 digit $ price is just nice to cover the expenses & dont have extra $ to buy tech.
& this is not the main problem, late game sexy retal coming anytime.

VivaNick Game profile

Jul 27th 2012, 4:44:27

Personally I feel oldman & blid doing better although both of them not a 100% indy player.

Rob Game profile

Jul 28th 2012, 22:23:45

Oldman is very good overall, if not the best active player, and blid is very good too, but I don't think anyone is a better CI specific player than bakku and afaik, in that order.

blid

EE Patron

Jul 28th 2012, 22:32:00

afaik's last several CIs have not placed that high. I beat bakku last set but I'll be the first to tell you I think he played better and is better.

Rob Game profile

Jul 28th 2012, 22:58:56

I think afaik hasn't placed as high as he used to because he is trying different ways of playing. His got 150m before and that's testament to what he can do ( viva la revolucion was him wasn't it?)

BobbyATA Game profile

Jul 29th 2012, 0:14:41

afaik afaik runs a pretty good C/I.

afaik Game profile

Jul 29th 2012, 9:02:12

lol first time i've read this forum in months and it's about me!

i've not had good set's the last few in primary... I've been playing with my cs development and been running tech startups for the last few sets (both of which help in some ways and hurt in others)... no real reason for my underperformance other than paying attention / having time, at the right time though.

certainly I am not the best currently in primary. you have to go on results.

IMO bakku tends to feel a bit stronger than the other commies from my casual perspective (agree with blid)

PaceBooM Game profile

Jul 29th 2012, 20:30:50

I think I'm out of top10 for good now.running commie/indy. Any suggestions, like getting more land ;)?
have a nice set.

VivaNick Game profile

Jul 29th 2012, 22:09:03

Originally posted by PaceBooM:
I think I'm out of top10 for good now.running commie/indy. Any suggestions, like getting more land ;)?
have a nice set.

Commie indy = sell military ---> buy tech ---> get land ---> build I/C

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 30th 2012, 1:12:56

have a nice set.

Don't attack someone capable of retalling you.

ZIP Game profile

Jul 30th 2012, 14:03:26

have a nice set.

bottom feed and grow off of ghosties

ZIP Game profile

Jul 30th 2012, 14:05:39

and ya casher is tough this set. choosing between tech and defense sux the weenie. damn commies i feel like i am just feeding them

Rob Game profile

Jul 30th 2012, 17:22:24

Zip, stop feeding the commies then. Just buy tech instead. Military is overrated :p

BobbyATA Game profile

Jul 30th 2012, 18:15:20

and now the topfeeding has started. This is always my favorite part of the set.

ZIP Game profile

Jul 30th 2012, 20:33:20

Zip, stop feeding the commies then. Just buy tech instead. Military is overrated :p

ya really so your techer or ring can rape me instead, and i grow your country now. lol nice try -

damned if you do, damned if you don't. playing casher is like monkey in the middle this set.

VivaNick Game profile

Jul 30th 2012, 23:33:28

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
and now the topfeeding has started. This is always my favorite part of the set.

This set come so early... Normally after last 20 days.