Verified:

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 15th 2012, 19:57:39

So Rockman I might be wrong. But the way I read your post just now is ......that you all are purposely trying things to see how the mods react?

I almost posted earlier about how it seems like you all want me to delete whomever you all don't like, and then it is ok for the people that you all do like.

That is biased.
And if the first sentence of what I wrote above is true, that is really irritating, and immature.
Likewise that martian said...I also hope this isn't on an alliance board to start up something. :/

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 15th 2012, 20:00:22

the reason why we didn't remove offensive allies from primary is that the feeling was that that alone wouldn't be effective enough. Changes to primary are on the to do list we haven't forgotten about it.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 15th 2012, 20:02:39

I got 2 guys that ganged up on me in Tourney this week, 1 guy ive been at war with since he started farming me, the other just jumped in out of nowhere, but since im not Viva they wont get deleted, right?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

ingle Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 20:06:21

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
I got 2 guys that ganged up on me in Tourney this week, 1 guy ive been at war with since he started farming me, the other just jumped in out of nowhere, but since im not Viva they wont get deleted, right?

Originally posted by galleri:

If you all feel that something is going on........once again...like the other 1 billion times martian and everyone else has told you ..... REPORT IT.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 15th 2012, 20:10:06

*throws a wrench at ingle*
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

blid

EE Patron

Aug 15th 2012, 20:12:22

So Rockman I might be wrong. But the way I read your post just now is ......that you all are purposely trying things to see how the mods react?

I almost posted earlier about how it seems like you all want me to delete whomever you all don't like, and then it is ok for the people that you all do like.

That is biased.
And if the first sentence of what I wrote above is true, that is really irritating, and immature.
Likewise that martian said...I also hope this isn't on an alliance board to start up something. :/
I'm not asking for anything biased... just that if those two guys get deleted, delete the other people too. Delete those guys that sent the missiles. I reported them and nothing happened. Delete Viva and his buddy. Xinhuan reported them a few sets ago and nothing happened. I'm sure they've been reported this set as well. So far, what has happened was very unusual because only two people got hit. Chewi even has a PM from you saying you can't delete for coordination. I'm glad you can - I just want it applied to everyone. We need to know what the rule is.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Lucifer Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 20:13:10

Originally posted by crest23:
Review your mods qz. It seems no one is responsible for modding the mods. What sort of operational effectiveness do you hope to achieve without periodic reviews for job performance?

Sounds like a job that you should get paid for. Lets not criticize people that are volunteering their OWN time to make this Free online game better for YOU to play in. If you think you can do a better job, step up to the plate.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 15th 2012, 20:14:41

Originally posted by martian:
the reason why we didn't remove offensive allies from primary is that the feeling was that that alone wouldn't be effective enough.
It would be effective at ending o-leeching, no? Why let another set go by with that problem? I don't need sweeping changes. :(
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 15th 2012, 20:14:42

That was back in April (to Chewi) blid, I also never received a report about missle coordination this set. I do remember deleting Vivanick though.

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 15th 2012, 20:18:22

The missiles were from a couple sets ago heh, the same time Chewi messaged you. Is enforcement evolving?

ingle Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 20:19:07

Galleri - you deleted Vivanick in Tournament, but not in Primary yet.

http://forums.earthempires.com/...z=lot-of-purple-countries

crest23 Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 20:22:16

It's been 2 hrs since our mod woke up and started working on this, let it be known that nothing has happened. No one has been deleted or reinstated.

@martian, how about this for a game mechanic. If anyone gets deleted they cannot recreate and play on that server that set.

2nd occurrence, you cannot recreate and you cannot play the server you were deleted on the next set.

3rd occurrence, you get JJed. Deleted on sight and every IP you have ever played on gets banned from creating an account.

Edited By: crest23 on Aug 15th 2012, 20:25:21
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 20:27:30

Originally posted by Rockman:
Originally posted by bug03:
man you guys do a whole lot of complaining

Well, instead of complaining, we tried fighting them ingame. And got deletions for it. So, if we get deleted for fighting cheaters with the same tactics they use, then complaining is what we're forced to do.

No need to respond to bug, he's our resident moron.

Edited By: crest23 on Aug 15th 2012, 20:34:59
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 15th 2012, 20:27:43

Originally posted by blid:
It would be effective at ending o-leeching, no? Why let another set go by with that problem? I don't need sweeping changes. :(

Because I have been working on major back-end changes since January; they are not done; any changes we do on the live version of the game until then will need to be reworked into the new version; so we have many things on hold to avoid having to re-do things a billion times.

The attack changes, the only *big change* recently, were coded into the game like a year and a half ago, so they were already there, one or two numbers being tweaked isn't too hard, major changes though will be a serious PITA to rework.

The code is currently forked basically; and we want to limit work on the old fork (which is live) until the new fork is ready to go live. The differences shouldn't be too noticeable to users, but they will be noticeable to developers, so we can actually move forward with some of our ideas about UI changes
Finally did the signature thing.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 20:30:14

That is biased.

Let's resolve the issue at hand before we start talking about other things please, it's been 2 weeks since this was 1st reported in game, 2 hrs since you posted that you were not yet done and had to sleep, still waiting to see how you resolve this.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 20:31:25

I reported this last week.

http://www.eestats.com/primary/country/143

Great job.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 20:33:53

Originally posted by Lucifer:
Originally posted by crest23:
Review your mods qz. It seems no one is responsible for modding the mods. What sort of operational effectiveness do you hope to achieve without periodic reviews for job performance?

Sounds like a job that you should get paid for. Lets not criticize people that are volunteering their OWN time to make this Free online game better for YOU to play in. If you think you can do a better job, step up to the plate.

No one begged you to volunteer. If you cannot do the job, DO NOT fluffING VOLUNTEER! I would rather we had no mod at least then we know that nothing will get done when you report.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 20:38:14

Removing OAs will not change anything. There are no OAs in Tourny and yet set after set Viva and his minion manage to coordinate attacks. Implement my suggestion about consequences for cheating and watch that go away.

Anyone heard from JJ recently? Anyone missing his presence?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

tduong Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 20:47:29

i ran 3 countries in primary this set and still haven't been deleted. lol galleri
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

crest23 Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 20:49:36

If you "ran" them then maybe she has finally caught on to you. Unless you meant "am running"
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Chewi Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 20:50:08

I have no problem with a rule against people working together like what I did and what vivanick did. In fact I want that rule in place so the players wouldn't have to police themselves in matters like these.

The problem I have with this is that I was told that it was not against the rules and feel that any change to that rule would need an announcement at the beginning of a set for said change.

Rockman Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 21:00:12

Originally posted by Chewi:
I have no problem with a rule against people working together like what I did and what vivanick did. In fact I want that rule in place so the players wouldn't have to police themselves in matters like these.

The problem I have with this is that I was told that it was not against the rules and feel that any change to that rule would need an announcement at the beginning of a set for said change.

The main problem is that we were specifically told that actions like Chewi's were not against the rules, and Chewi only did what he did because his target has repeatedly engaged in those actions against innocent victims.

If we report someone for a certain action, and are told its not against the rules ... then don't delete us for doing what you told us we could not get deleted for.

You're fluffing hypocrites.

qwertyh Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 21:02:45

It seems like everyone knows who played those 2 countries that were deleted. Can anyone fill me in? I feel a bit left out ;/. And if you would be so kind, care to name who is playing Lake of Fire also? : )

I would like to thank the volunteers for the time and energy that they spend addressing the issues that arise from this FREE game.

Also, I would like to say that I was a bit jealous of the awesome intel allies that Errors of My Way had which essentially doubled his spal. (Is that cheating/unfair also?)By the way, I was quite disappointed that Errors of My Way decided to throw the set by "punishing" VivaNick. It would've made it more interesting for me to have him competing for Net.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 15th 2012, 21:20:21

Dear Crest,

the order of priority for my time right now (in terms of others) is

1) My fiancee
2) The people who pay my salary
3) My friends and some events I am planning
4) Dealing with ee.

It will get done when it gets done.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Chewi Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 21:23:17

Originally posted by qwertyh:
It seems like everyone knows who played those 2 countries that were deleted. Can anyone fill me in? I feel a bit left out ;/. And if you would be so kind, care to name who is playing Lake of Fire also? : )

I would like to thank the volunteers for the time and energy that they spend addressing the issues that arise from this FREE game.

Also, I would like to say that I was a bit jealous of the awesome intel allies that Errors of My Way had which essentially doubled his spal. (Is that cheating/unfair also?)By the way, I was quite disappointed that Errors of My Way decided to throw the set by "punishing" VivaNick. It would've made it more interesting for me to have him competing for Net.

I was allied to oldman up until he self deleted and he had like 250k? My other had a similar spy count to me.

qwertyh Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 21:32:34

Well, if I remember correctly and I may be wrong since I spied Error of My Way, Lake of Fire, and Lip Stick and Lace before the whole fluff occurred, Error of My Way had about 300-400k Spies and his intel allies were Lake of Fire and Lip Stick and Lace who each had about 800kish spies and both were running 2:1 jets to turrets. And all I thought to myself, I don't know what is going on but better not mess with them. But yes Chewi, I may have One Minute Manager mixed up with Error of My way, since I also peeked at him.

tduong Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 22:09:36

if you are going to be a vigilante and do kill runs then at least do it right. Just keep all messages in game and hit whoever whenever you log in. Don't coordinate outside the game and then get deleted.
I guess i'll just start farming my own countries and see who will try to take me down.
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

crest23 Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 22:22:33

Originally posted by martian:
Dear Crest,

the order of priority for my time right now (in terms of others) is

1) My fiancee
2) The people who pay my salary
3) My friends and some events I am planning
4) Dealing with ee.

It will get done when it gets done.

Congratulations on your engagement, but care to comment on my suggestion?

If anyone gets deleted they cannot recreate and play on that server that set.

2nd occurrence, you cannot recreate and you cannot play the server you were deleted on the next set.

3rd occurrence, you get JJed. Deleted on sight and every IP you have ever played on gets banned from creating an account.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 15th 2012, 23:03:03

1st off crest, your player tip came in last night. Not last week. Nextly so what if I woke up when I did. I mean I am a volunteer and 2..... Unfortunatly I don't sit at the computer all day like you apparently do. I do have a life, which also includes a job that I get paid at...tyvm...you might try it.
3rd...martian and I decided to leave it deleted. That is today's topic.
4th...Thank you for being the prez of my fan club
Peace out

To tduong.....you lie. But since you want to say you are cheating...I am gonna delete you anyhow.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 15th 2012, 23:15:37

The missiles were from a couple sets ago heh, the same time Chewi messaged you. Is enforcement evolving?

blid I am trying too.....

blid

EE Patron

Aug 15th 2012, 23:43:46

That's cool, I'm just looking for clarification. If this kind of thing is going to be deleted for it's good to know.

bug03 Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 0:03:25

I don't understand how in a game with allies, you cant work together...

If you're my ally and I send you an ingame message saying "hey, we should ab this guy" how is that cheating?

bug03 Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 0:04:42

Or if I start ab'ing somebody, and somebody else AB's the same somebody randomly, will we get deleted for working together?

This just seems all to nit picky. Kinda like the "leeching offensive allies" bullfluff that just screams idiot.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 0:34:18

So what have we learned from this? Is coordinated play allowed on this server or not? Which is it? Or is it based off of how galleri 'feels' when she wakes up?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 16th 2012, 1:12:46

Originally posted by bug03:
I don't understand how in a game with allies, you cant work together...

If you're my ally and I send you an ingame message saying "hey, we should ab this guy" how is that cheating?

<--agrees
(•_•)

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 1:22:59

Perhaps my services are required for this server. Maybe I should run a country next reset, so that whenever someone makes a bunch of special attacks against someone else, I'll randomly jump in and make more attacks against that country. Same for every other country receiving attacks. Then, we will see if the admins will make more "stop-gap" rules to be enforced, like they did after I put and kept a bunch of countries in DR in Express..
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 1:52:34

Originally posted by qzjul:
Originally posted by Rockman:

You mean like suggesting that offensive allies be removed on individual servers? We've had many many people request that on the B&S board, to no avail.

We've suggested changes, we've reported players, that didn't work. So now we fight fire with fire. And those fighting the cheaters get deleted. Whereas those who've cheated for months against innocent legit players are not deleted.

Changes are not trivial or quick to make; have some bloody patience for once heh

I'll like to quote Pang on this one:

Originally posted by Pang:
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Removing the code allying code might be hard. Qz said it is hard.

But disabling the ability to request/accept Offensive/tech allies should be exceedingly easy.

yes.

one cache function, a server variable, and an:
if (!allies_allow($serverid))
return false;
added to like 3 game functions should do it :p

I wholey support removing allies from solo servers so I've thought through the flow to do it before. But it is not an opinion shared by many others on staff for their own good reasons. I'm not very active atm, so I respect their decisions.

It's not hard. We're all programmers. And if you're using svn or git (I sincerely hope the latter and not the former), merging code takes about 5 seconds.

BobbyATA Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 2:19:37

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
We're all programmers.

Speak for yourself foureyes!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 16th 2012, 3:01:28

mhmm; except I'm fundamentally changing more than a few things; for example, $serverid which you quoted, no longer exists in the new framework

so yes, it'd merge

but then i'd have to change it again

and every time I do one of those i'll have to change it again as well
Finally did the signature thing.

Bentville Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 3:07:55

blid you are one whiny little girl.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 16th 2012, 3:34:55

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Perhaps my services are required for this server. Maybe I should run a country next reset, so that whenever someone makes a bunch of special attacks against someone else, I'll randomly jump in and make more attacks against that country. Same for every other country receiving attacks. Then, we will see if the admins will make more "stop-gap" rules to be enforced, like they did after I put and kept a bunch of countries in DR in Express..

I'll be joining forces to further make the mods heads expand to a blowing point :p
(•_•)

blid

EE Patron

Aug 16th 2012, 3:41:34

Originally posted by Bentville:
blid you are one whiny little girl.
Lol you're mad cuz you attended the missile party.

smlandau84 Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 4:42:10

Will you guys quit talking about all my countries already?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 16th 2012, 5:40:03

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Originally posted by NukEvil:

I'll be joining forces to further make the mods heads expand to a blowing point :p

Good Luck, I have decided to just ignore all of you :P (for reals)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 16th 2012, 5:44:35

I <3 you too much for you to "ignore" me :p
(•_•)

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 16th 2012, 13:49:34

"Congratulations on your engagement, but care to comment on my suggestion?
If anyone gets deleted they cannot recreate and play on that server that set.
"

Depends on why someone was deleted. I would say a certain amount of time, rather than "the rest of the set" though because if I get deleted last week of the set it's not the same as getting deleted day 1 of the set.
Usually after getting deleted twice in a row for anything other than honest mistakes we seriously consider banning for a considerable period of time.

For example: if someone gets deleted for a safelist violation because they forgot to ask to be removed from the safelist, we wouldn't ban them for the rest of the reset (although we do not reverse the deletion)...

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

davidoss Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 17:02:29

Martian, they had previously already complained about and reported Viva and his friends for blatant "assisting". But they never got banned on Primary.

This set 2 of them get banned for supposedly "coordinating" attacks? There seems to be a bit of a double standard there don't you think?

You guys have a few choices:
1) Accept that you made a mistake and proceed to correct it
2) Deny, deny deny. Deny any wrongdoing and stick to your guns, even when it's obviously the wrong decision in this case.
3) Make a formal declaration stating that ally leeches are okay, but not coordinating attacks. Because then, I think we could take this server to the next level.

I'm disappointed with the moderators.

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 17:10:47

Also, if 2 players consistently ally together and consistently have a history of topfeeding the same target within a few minutes of each other, on multiple servers, for multiple months, and one country also consistently gives Off-leech to the other...

Is anyone going to say this doesn't count as coordination? Sure, it isn't "obvious", until the pattern emerges.

Chewi apparently just found a post deep in the Tourny forums where Galleri announced enforcing the deletion of coordinated attacks, but it seems like coordinated attacks on a subtler scale isn't enforced. Plus, I wouldn't even count it as an announcement, but more of a "change of heart", leading to inconsistencies.

ingle Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 17:47:34

Well, it looks like #229 and #109 are deleted now!

At least it's justified and the moderators listened to the cheater reports!

Chewi Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 18:53:30

I can't change my complaints cause those two are gone. I still feel my deletion was unjust so theirs is as well.