Verified:

myerr21 Game profile

Nov 18th 2023, 14:58:23

You spend 140 turns ABing someone and get zero CS. What the fluff are you guys doing lol, just make a new server for laf already and stop nerfing the fluff out of everything.
Elders

gains [23:16:55] * Myerr!*@* added to ignore list

cloud-superfly: CP is ok

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2023, 18:48:09

Originally posted by myerr21:
You spend 140 turns ABing someone and get zero CS. What the fluff are you guys doing lol, just make a new server for laf already and stop nerfing the fluff out of everything.

LaF had devs nerf everything war
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2023, 23:56:05

Not to be THAT GUY, but ABs suck. The fact that people haven't figured out Bomb Buildings op HAS ALWAYS done more CS damage than AB is wild to me. My suiciders over the years figured this out faster than the dudes who play in tags. The AB nerf was always coming, and I have reasons I agree with it, frankly. AB OOP FS is a trash way to fight. It's literally a working method for cowards who wouldn't dare war wallers with stocks. Tbh, I'm glad that fluff is narfed. Wouldda been fabulous if they did it years ago before clanGDI existed, so that turn 101 FS fluff that was the only way LaF could win would have been worthless.

Sucked having several years of them agreeing with me because of their suiciders to ruin their FS strat. And I take a bit of solace in the fact that it made it in to the changeset, despite the fact they don't need that stupid war strat anymore.

Turtle Crawler Game profile

Nov 19th 2023, 0:06:14

Yeah LaF was the primary user of AB, don't blame it's nerf on them, the complaints that lead to it's nerf came from the anti LaF coalition and from the dark side on team etc. I'm surprised anyone cares about it on this server as the countries are so small and it's so easy to rebuild optimum bpt.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2023, 0:09:58

Great analysis of the years you weren't here TC. You're completely wrong, but thanks anyways.

LaF absolutely pushed for the nerf re: suiciders, I just happened to agree with them because I don't just agree with people on my side regardless of the merits, unlike yourself.

It was LaF AND myself who pushed for this. Not any other current wardogs.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Nov 19th 2023, 0:19:16
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2023, 0:17:34

For the record, people like Requiem WERE a prime example of people who were for nerfing things like CD and AB and such to increase parity, before people like you who can't see beyond the taint they're latched onto like a leach came along and pushed all but very few of us who play both sides out. I'm not uncommon. I'm just uncommon now.

People like you hardlining issues to s the d of your people is all that's left, and the community is suffering for it. But don't fluffin get it twisted. The only changes that happened have been to support LaF. If LaF wasn't for it, it wouldn't have happened.

It's like Trump v Democrats in the US. People on either side will essentially stop having an opinion and just blindly support their horse rather than having the most civil view of being able to agree and disagree with both. The world is so vitriolic now, and while politics here tend to mirror that, it's highly disappointing sheep like you, and not those who can see both sides, are the loudest voices.

Let it be known, I'm for this change, but I'm not for that fluffhead who just tried to manipulate my words, and you can be both!!!

....also, just do Bomb Buildings op. It's the old AB x2 for CS destruction. If you're same strat as the other guy, and you mix ABs with BB to recover readiness, they're just as messed up as they were when you used to cash readiness turns.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Nov 19th 2023, 0:51:37
See Original Post

Nov 19th 2023, 1:10:34

You are describing yourself. People normally are when they have such specific thoughts. It's never described me, I make sides, I don't pick them. If there were actually something wrong on the LaF side I would work tirelessly to fix it, but there really isn't, and I looked.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2023, 1:37:52

I guess it depends on your idea of what's right?

I actually think there's no way in fluff everyone in LaF agrees with the changes as strictly and with such stoicism as it appears on the forums. It ruined the server and sent half the players of the game packing. It would take a genuine fool to see nothing wrong with that on a fundamental level, unless they were so influenced by biases that they saw no alternatives (i.e., American politics parallel).

Nov 19th 2023, 2:19:26

The failure was on you side, forcing people into war every reset and your own person anti LaF attitude. It's entirely one sided by the way. Because you guys are a certain way you project it on us to justify your own behavior, but LaF doesn't actually care about you at all.

It's quite hilarious really, the bomb for example did an entire set designed to manipulate LaF, but the entirety of laf's conversations internally is limited to tracking potential top countries, seeing if we can learn anything from their play and how to counter.

Like, if someone were to track all of LaF organization and chat and that was all they knew about the game they would not even know that you or the others even exist.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2023, 5:30:12

Your scope is so limited lol. I dunno. LaF got FSed 2 times in the last 5 years and started the hitting once. After those sets signed a CF that would have lasted the next year, had changes not gone into effect. That's hardly "getting forced to war every set." That's getting forced to war twice in a 5 year period.

From what I can tell, Gerdler made some people mad that generally aren't all mad at LaF at the same time. SOL and SoF, for example, have often aligned with LaF. The fact that they were all mad at LaF at once says more about LaF than it does the opposition.

Further, Elders membership at its peak was essentially a rag-tag group of people from a variety of small tags that LaF had repeatedly harassed and threatened over the years. When a group with essentially only that in common come together, and grow to a point of being as large and powerful, it also says more about LaF than it does its former victims that they were unable to run off. You made more enemies than you have players in your tag, and you want to blame the fact that, what, your enemies worked together?

Again, I think you're being intentionally naive and biased rather than having open discourse, so it's hardly worth talking sense with you. All I'll say is an old adage that it "takes two to tango." If you've made more enemies than allies recently, you were quite simply playing the politics poorly. It's not more complicated than that.

If I'm wrong, why then is hitting LaF such a powerful recruitment tool? It can't just be that you were always super sweet folks that 100s of people dislike for no reason... You'd of course never admit to anything tho, because you have no desire to find a middle ground. And that's what frustrates the hell out of people like PDM, KoH and myself who constantly live there.

Making over half of a community mad AND simultaneously doing literally nothing to try to reconcile that anger is a wild CHOICE for anyone desiring peace in any aspect of life.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Nov 19th 2023, 5:47:51
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2023, 21:34:39

100%^
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Nov 20th 2023, 19:49:05

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Your scope is so limited lol. I dunno. LaF got FSed 2 times in the last 5 years and started the hitting once. After those sets signed a CF that would have lasted the next year, had changes not gone into effect. That's hardly "getting forced to war every set." That's getting forced to war twice in a 5 year period.

From what I can tell, Gerdler made some people mad that generally aren't all mad at LaF at the same time. SOL and SoF, for example, have often aligned with LaF. The fact that they were all mad at LaF at once says more about LaF than it does the opposition.

Further, Elders membership at its peak was essentially a rag-tag group of people from a variety of small tags that LaF had repeatedly harassed and threatened over the years. When a group with essentially only that in common come together, and grow to a point of being as large and powerful, it also says more about LaF than it does its former victims that they were unable to run off. You made more enemies than you have players in your tag, and you want to blame the fact that, what, your enemies worked together?

Again, I think you're being intentionally naive and biased rather than having open discourse, so it's hardly worth talking sense with you. All I'll say is an old adage that it "takes two to tango." If you've made more enemies than allies recently, you were quite simply playing the politics poorly. It's not more complicated than that.

If I'm wrong, why then is hitting LaF such a powerful recruitment tool? It can't just be that you were always super sweet folks that 100s of people dislike for no reason... You'd of course never admit to anything tho, because you have no desire to find a middle ground. And that's what frustrates the hell out of people like PDM, KoH and myself who constantly live there.

Making over half of a community mad AND simultaneously doing literally nothing to try to reconcile that anger is a wild CHOICE for anyone desiring peace in any aspect of life.

Your post is essentially a "might makes right" rationalization. These are the things you've used to justify your own behavior, but aren't actually logical. The ability to form a YAALC (yet another anti LaF coalition) didn't create a moral imperative, doesn't mean it's good for the game, doesn't really mean anything at all beyond the ability to do it. They also couldn't possibly convince anyone about any of those things., which is why they are nothing but a self rationalization. You know this, and now you know that I know that you know it. You are no different than those who came before you, who all failed and lost, just like you have yet again. Really you lost the second you made your coalition to be against something rather than for something, the negative aspects of a goal always lead to failure.

Compared to LaF, which always builds itself, always looks to improve itself, all positive goals. So we always win in the end.

It's why the only real way to defeat LaF is to do the same. Evo was an attempt at that once upon a time. Notice how they are still around and put up T10s. Monsters and PDM aren't trying to destroy others and they do great.

But you, you misbehave to the point of server admins having to add protections into the game itself. You and your strategies have been judged (correctly) as griefing. And because you have no positive goals you quit. That's the true state of your YAALC.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2023, 20:24:01

This is teams server, not 1a.

keep that stupid LaF cross-server drama BS out of here.

Suicidal Game profile

Nov 20th 2023, 23:05:07

Originally posted by Coalie:
This is teams server, not 1a.

keep that stupid LaF cross-server drama BS out of here.

TC is an idiot

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2023, 2:10:24

Originally posted by Turtle Crawler:

Your post is essentially a "might makes right" rationalization. These are the things you've used to justify your own behavior, but aren't actually logical. The ability to form a YAALC (yet another anti LaF coalition) didn't create a moral imperative, doesn't mean it's good for the game, doesn't really mean anything at all beyond the ability to do it. They also couldn't possibly convince anyone about any of those things., which is why they are nothing but a self rationalization. You know this, and now you know that I know that you know it. You are no different than those who came before you, who all failed and lost, just like you have yet again. Really you lost the second you made your coalition to be against something rather than for something, the negative aspects of a goal always lead to failure.

Compared to LaF, which always builds itself, always looks to improve itself, all positive goals. So we always win in the end.

It's why the only real way to defeat LaF is to do the same. Evo was an attempt at that once upon a time. Notice how they are still around and put up T10s. Monsters and PDM aren't trying to destroy others and they do great.

But you, you misbehave to the point of server admins having to add protections into the game itself. You and your strategies have been judged (correctly) as griefing. And because you have no positive goals you quit. That's the true state of your YAALC.

Idk. Go look at my profile TC. It's easy to find. I'm top 20 in lots of netting stats on this server and FFA. You're speaking to masses rather than speaking directly to me. Try to speak to me rather than a group of people, and I'll give you mutual respect in return, bud. I only played the set you guys hit the other side and won and I started late lol. You're being grandiose for no reason and you're not speaking to the correct person doing it at all. Literally nothing you said was a response to me, it was a point to people I occasionally play with.

...and you look like a fool because those people know most of all none of what you said about me is true.

Nov 22nd 2023, 1:56:12

Originally posted by Turtle Crawler:

Idk. Go look at my profile TC. It's easy to find. I'm top 20 in lots of netting stats on this server and FFA. You're speaking to masses rather than speaking directly to me. Try to speak to me rather than a group of people, and I'll give you mutual respect in return, bud. I only played the set you guys hit the other side and won and I started late lol. You're being grandiose for no reason and you're not speaking to the correct person doing it at all. Literally nothing you said was a response to me, it was a point to people I occasionally play with.

...and you look like a fool because those people know most of all none of what you said about me is true.

Oh no, I'm well aware, but you are the only one on here making any attempt at an intelligent defence of that position. I know most of it isn't you personally.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2023, 4:40:33

Mmmmm. You know how it goes. The loudest will stay and the quietest will leave. Kinda just gonna be a bummer.