Verified:

mrford Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 3:54:37

Originally posted by Viceroy:
If we can't use real names, then I guess getting integrated into Facebook is out of the question...
--Brad

that is a stupid line of logic. it is a choice to sign up for facebook. it is not a choice to have someone look at a site you were a part of 4 years ago and get your information.

you are usually a logical person. what the fluff man.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Viceroy Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 3:56:01

Social Engineering. Who needs to look up info on someone when they post their life on FB?
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

iScode Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 3:56:25

not everyone posts their life on fb :)
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

mrford Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 3:57:18

i dont use facebook. i have a cell phone that calls people i want to talk to
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Viceroy Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 3:58:07

I don't post my birthday on my FB account, but every year on a particular day, my wall gets inundated by well wishers. It doesn't have to be you who posts it. Just who you know can be enough to say who you are, to varying degrees.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Viceroy Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 3:58:41

Originally posted by mrford:
i dont use facebook. i have a cell phone that calls people i want to talk to

Well, at least it's only the NSA who knows exactly who you are... :-D

RandyMD Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 3:59:40

You guys should be ashamed..Turning my recruitment thread into a bashing thread....YOu gusy suck...

Alin stop posting dude.
Email:

mrford Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 4:00:30

Originally posted by Viceroy:
I don't post my birthday on my FB account, but every year on a particular day, my wall gets inundated by well wishers. It doesn't have to be you who posts it. Just who you know can be enough to say who you are, to varying degrees.

the difference is you pick your friends and privacy settings on facebook. not here

where are you going with this man? thses situations arnt exactly the same. i wouldnt exactly have alin, or darkling, or jayr as a facebook friend

edit: then again im not up to date with facebook and its interface. maybe it has changed since college
Swagger of a Chupacabra

iScode Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 4:00:47

yes, of all the things I have done, highjacking your recruitment thread is the one im ashamed off :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 4:01:55

Just to clear the doubt from anyones mind, I wasn't looking for the person whose name I found, I had perms in TIE this set to accept or deny new applicants. An applicant said in his application that he was an old TIE member so I looked through the names of all members new, old and inactive and did not see the applicants nick, but I accidentally stumbled across someone elses and was surprised to see that the person was an old TIE member.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Viceroy Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 4:04:13

And here I thought I was hijacking the bashing thread that hijacked the recruitment thread...

On a tangential note, is there an EE FB page? If there is, can you see who the members are? If you can, how much of their information can you see?

/me puts on his tinfoil hat

mrford Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 4:09:15

a lot of clans have facebook pages that i see talked about, and i seem to remember an EE facebook page years ago. you would have to ask someone who likes to post their info for all the batfluff crazies like darkling and rats to see.

unlike alin's perception of me, i dont really wish for some pissed off lunatic from an online game to show up at my house. and before you say that is paranoid, it has happened before, and im sure it will happen again, just not to me. not over a game from 1995.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 4:11:16

wait, i lied. i do have a facebook that i used in the last couple years. i used to use it for my CoD clan, but i havnt played with them in almost a year.

from what i recall it was a secret group, and nothing on the boards or membership could be seen by anyone outside the group.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Viceroy Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 4:13:12

But members of that group could see you (at least what you allw them to see...), even if you weren't friends, right?

mrford Game profile

Aug 4th 2014, 4:16:15

i would assume so. but once again, it was my choice to join that group. not my choice to have my info in a TIE site from years ago.

now that i think about it, this isnt the first time someone has perved my info from an old site. someone from SoL or MD texted me a couple years back saying they had found my number. cant remember who it was, and no i was not on friendly terms with them.

i have also had someone call my cell phone, someone that i was not on friendly terms, and my wife answered and preceded to get yelled at. who the fluff does things like that?

so yeah. i dont like my information in public places. it has been abused in private places. (thats what she said)
Swagger of a Chupacabra