Verified:

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 21:19:26

taft union high school california.. what the heck?

discuss
Do as I say, not as I do.

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 21:20:57

Details?
The Death Knights

XI

elvesrus

Jan 10th 2013, 21:24:03

link to news article at least?
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 21:25:41

The news said it had to do with a student possibly being bullied and that at least one person was shot.
This just adds too the gun control issue and because this stuff is so heavily publiced it gives people too many bad ideas.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 21:26:36

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
The news said it had to do with a student possibly being bullied and that at least one person was shot.
This just adds too the gun control issue and because this stuff is so heavily publiced it gives people too many bad ideas.

http://news.yahoo.com/...california-183012601.html

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 21:27:55

BAN SCHOOLS!

Bikerman Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 21:30:06

Think BILL_DANGER has the only possible answer to the problem

mrford Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 21:32:02

so now you are going to want to ban shotguns too!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

trumper Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 21:37:33

Originally posted by Bikerman:
Think BILL_DANGER has the only possible answer to the problem

Correct.

Trife Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 21:46:02

http://www.nydailynews.com/...-school-article-1.1237464

from there:

'The 16-year-old male shooter was in custody and a shotgun was removed from campus.'

'The teacher suffered a “pellet to the head” and is expected to recover, Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood said during a press conference.'

'The wounded student, also 16, was airlifted to Bakersfield in critical condition after suffering a bullet to the upper right chest, Ryan Dunbier, a senior deputy with the Kern County Sheriff's Department, told the Daily News.'

So, are we talking about a handgun or a shotgun here? It says shotgun, but then how the heck did the kid end up with a bullet in his chest. Either there was another shooter on the grassy knoll, or it's just another journalist without a clue.

elvesrus

Jan 10th 2013, 21:47:48

sounds targetted with no extra direct victims. almost hate to say this, but if the 2 shot at were bullying him it was going to happen to them sooner or later and it's a much better solution than suicide. only criticism I have is he should have used rock salt instead of bird shot.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 21:48:06

people killing people ain't new. should be used to it by now.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Pain Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 21:49:27

"fired the shotgun again, but missed"

this kid is a failure of all sorts. no wonder he was getting bullied.
Your mother is a nice woman

mrford Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 21:51:09

no, what IS new is 24/7 news coverage and a society that overreacts and over analizes everything
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 21:51:36

Originally posted by Pain:
"fired the shotgun again, but missed"

this kid is a failure of all sorts. no wonder he was getting bullied.

i giggled
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2013, 21:58:40

stupid media publicizing all these school shootings

if the media wasn't so biased and didn't report every case of kids shooting each other or kids getting shot, we wouldn't have to defend our gun rights so much
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

mrford Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 22:03:13

stoping being retarded. news reports what gets ratings.

there were 3 seperate shootings at my school when i was there between the years of 2000 and 2004. not a single one of them made national news.

he news reports school shootings, and claims guns are the problem, and idiots believe them. there is always a CAUSE for a shooting. Focus on the cause and not the method. that is a solution. trying to take guns is a stopgap, a hot button issue, and a way to get ratings and politicians elected.

Edited By: mrford on Jan 10th 2013, 22:05:24
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 22:28:06

where the heck did you go to school mr ford?

mrford Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 22:29:36

i didnt say mass shootings. one was an accidental discharge in which a girl was hit in the leg, one was just off campus where one person was killed and 2 wounded, and another was a suicide at the flag poll.

i went to school in Charlotte, NC
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Vic Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 22:35:35

why @ the flag poll?

mrford Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 22:39:20

fluff if i know. it was 30min before the first bell rang so not many were on campus.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 22:44:48

Originally posted by elvesrus:
sounds targetted with no extra direct victims. almost hate to say this, but if the 2 shot at were bullying him it was going to happen to them sooner or later and it's a much better solution than suicide. only criticism I have is he should have used rock salt instead of bird shot.

Been watching supernatural much?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 11th 2013, 0:15:53

mrford went to a depressing highschool.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

locket Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 0:20:38

Jesus my school made news when there was a "stabbing" with something like a plastic knife or something. The worst that ever happened was simply fights. You had 3 fluffing shootings? I hope that is uncommon in the States -_- You guys need to deal with that culture of violence if not -_-

elvesrus

Jan 11th 2013, 0:27:59

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:

Been watching supernatural much?

wtf is supernatural? now if you mean kill bill...

miniii Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 1:25:08

God.. the most that happened in my school was a mate of mine brought in a swiss army knife to show and got busted. There was 1 incident where a pedo came to try and pick up a few girls outside our school but that was it

bonus

elvesrus

Jan 11th 2013, 3:20:57

I always expected mine to blow up, but never due to a disgruntled student. Had all the science and tech nerds there.

mrford Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 3:33:53

my point was, guns arnt the problem, they are just the tool

you dont blame the spoon for getting america fat
Swagger of a Chupacabra

locket Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 4:54:21

lol ford I can say without a doubt that if someone from my school had wanted to fluff someone up that unless their parents owned the guns(which would be rifles for hunting I guess) they wouldnt have come to the school with them. It is a mixture of the two ;)

mrford Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:03:42

well, that is another issue. responsible gun ownership. all my guns are locked up, even my home defense weapons are in quick access safes. my kids can not get to them and unless a thief has a forklift they can not take them either.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:04:57

Originally posted by mrford:
my point was, guns arnt the problem, they are just the tool

Having easy access to the tool is part of the problem.

Gun Control laws will help the problem, even if it was as simple as requiring yearly medical checkups on all gun owners to ensure they are not psychotic, and ensuring new buyers likewise.

mrford Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:05:40

see my last post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:07:38

Your last post isn't referring to the "ease of access" I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the ease you can buy one, not the ease you can find one lying about at home.

mrford Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:12:48

have you purchased a gun before?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:14:07

No I have not. In my country, no weapons of any kind are allowed, and we have one of the lowest crime rates in the world.

I do think you're missing the point though, MrFord.

Even something as simple as requiring medical checkups to ensure you are sane and say above the age of 21, before being allowed to own a gun, is a form of Gun Control (though a very weak one).

Are you against that as well?

elvesrus

Jan 11th 2013, 5:17:50

criminal backround check, age requirement (think it's 21 in most states of the US), and some also have a waiting period. on top of that some places also restrict magazine size and type of gun.

you are aware that just about anything can be classified as a deadly weapon?

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:20:33

Yes. But most other things that are not guns are generally not as lethal as guns.

A table fork can be a weapon, but it isn't as lethal as a gun. Why can't all the billionaires in the world buy personal missile silos and launchers? The lethality and potential for widespread damage matters.

mrford Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:20:49

there are checks, and requirements to own a gun in the US. please stop speaking on topics toy know nothing of.

hell, you can not even get a concealed carry permit if you have had a DWI in the last 3 years. cant own a pistol if you re a felon, and other restrictions.

a 10 year old can not go to the store and buy a AK-47. stop believing everything you hear.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:22:01

"Even something as simple as requiring medical checkups to ensure you are sane and say above the age of 21, before being allowed to own a gun, is a form of Gun Control (though a very weak one)."

these measures are already in place, among othere
Swagger of a Chupacabra

elvesrus

Jan 11th 2013, 5:23:52

the thing is xinuan, you specifically said "weapons" not guns. as a general rule knives are weapons. are you allowed to own knives to use in the kitchen?

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:26:54

Yes, so it is also reasonable to tighten the measures and requirements even further yes? For example, banning all shotguns, because pistols should be sufficient for self-defense. That is the whole point of gun control yes?

Your whole initial post is that the people are the problem, not the weapon. But I'm saying that easy access is part of the problem.

If people could only own pistols but not rifles, it would be less lethal (ability to fire less rounds). That is why some states ban high capacity magazines, yes? Simply having the access IS a problem.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:28:04

the thing is xinuan, you specifically said "weapons" not guns. as a general rule knives are weapons. are you allowed to own knives to use in the kitchen?

Yes. And they are less lethal than guns (it requires being in melee range), so it is less necessary to control them.

mrford Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:30:37

banning shotguns? you need to stop posting now. shotguns are the main hunting weapon dude. i understand you have an opinion, but you have no knowledge of guns, or even current control regulations. so you need to keep that opinion to yourself.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

elvesrus

Jan 11th 2013, 5:31:26

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
In my country, NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED, and we have one of the lowest crime rates in the world.

emphasis added

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:34:54

So just because you dislike my opinion, you seek to tell me to shut up? Is that how Americans advocate free speech?

@elvesrus Knives are generally not used as a weapon. Guns when used are almost always used as a weapon. The practicality of it matters,

mrford Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:37:59

no, you are clearly ignorant on this topic, yet still talk like you know something, and i feel others might believe your incorrectness.

seriously, you just suggested banning shotguns, the only firearm allowed in most countries.

i respect your country, and its laws, but you know nothing on this topic except what you can read. acting like you are an authority or have the moral high ground because your country has a lower crime rate and no firearms annoys me, and i respond in kind.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:41:39

I used shotguns as an example, because it has higher potential for widespread damage compared to the pistol. Maybe I should have used assault rifles as a better example.

It clearly wasn't because I was ignorant that shotguns are the main hunting weapon.

elvesrus

Jan 11th 2013, 5:42:20

so a very low percentage of gun use constitutes "almost always"?

mrford Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:43:52

let me sum this up for you

i doubt you have ever fired a gun

you suggested regulations that are already in place

you suggested the banning of the one firearm that most countries in the world agree is the one that does not need to be regulated because of its usefulness

you believe that shotguns should be banned because pistols are for defense

you believe that a shotgun, that can usually only hold 3-5 rounds and takes forever to reload, is more dangerous than a pistol, i can only assume because of video games

these opinions are ridiculous and clearly those of someone who has no clue what he is talking bout.

i am for more strict requirements to purchase a weapon. i am a responsible gun owner myself and i own quite a few. however banning complete classes of firearms i will not stand for.

Edited By: mrford on Jan 11th 2013, 5:47:06
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 5:49:36

I have fired rifles and thrown grenades before.

I suggested regulations that are already in place to emphasize that gun control laws are needed (and thus they are already implemented otherwise why are they there?), and that they need to be tightened, because _having easy access to them are part of the problem_.

I used shotguns as an inappropriate example. An inappropriate example does not invalidate an opinion or make it ridiculous.

The whole premise of this discussion is that you said the tool isn't the problem, and that the person is. I am explaining why I disagree with that, and that having easy access to the tool is the problem.