Verified:

Jelly

Aug 17th 2010, 23:50:41

Slag, you want to talk about those things, bring it to a LaF FR, it's not like LaF were the only ones doing some questionable things, I recall some internal land trading in other alliances, as well as some really shady untags that allied to some alliances and has selective retals as well.

I'm not in LaF, nor am I exactly a LaF supporter, but if that untag you talked about detagged from LaF, and by the rules of most pacts, then LaF is responsible for the next 72 hours. I don't think LaF is good enough to control what an untag does or doesn't do. Guy could have been kicked from LaF for all we know and what he does after is his choice.

However, I see your point and LaF probably should have killed those countries in question.

But that's now what this thread is about, stop getting off topic.

LaF caused global warming! And kills kittens!

locket Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 23:57:16

ruth, what you meant was that you wanted to go cheat with your other cheater friends?

de1i Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 0:01:48

That was deep.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 18th 2010, 0:04:37

"and it should be up to the alliances to police themselves and their members so it doesnt become excessive."

What if every laf country grabs once a day? Suppose LaF doesn't farm any untaggeds and Laf is allied to one third of the game's tags. That works out to six grabs on each tag per day. From talking to alliance FAs, a lot of them would flip out over that. I personally don't see it an issue with it. What's wrong with alliances grabbing other alliances? With ghost acres, both alliances can benefit.

If you do see an issue with it, start a war over it. I mean, are you really suggesting that LaF alliance leaders should police their alliance over what you or some other non-laf member feels is excessive? If you want an alliance to change their policy, fight them over it.

Jelly, I'm pretty sure that it was laf's HIA who detagged. -_-

Chewi Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 0:47:34

Maybe the LaF countries hitting him were better defended?

LaF love the environment very much! Just look how much we love trees!!

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 0:51:29

Slagpit, I'm lost as to why you're suggesting ppl go to war if they don't like getting farmed. In the context of LaF here, starting a war with them simply means they farm you even more aggressively. We've seen this result numerous times in this game.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Ruthie

Aug 18th 2010, 1:37:33

Originally posted by locket:
ruth, what you meant was that you wanted to go cheat with your other cheater friends?

what the fluff are you talking about?

if you are calling me a cheater, you better have some proof ... and I know you dont
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 18th 2010, 1:40:19

Elysium belongs to a 90 country coalition which has a stated goal of opposing laf?

mrford Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 2:07:57

Holy fluff you guys make long posts. Is this a thread about politics Or religion, or some fluff?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

archaic Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 2:34:13

Dude, she has more credibility in her left nipple than you have ever had or will ever have. Please refer to her as "ma'am" when you make baseless accusations of your betters.

Originally posted by slagpit:
I mean, are you really suggesting that LaF alliance leaders should police their alliance over what you or some other non-laf member feels is excessive?

Essentially, yes. Would it kill LaF to give the little guys a break instead of 'educating them' so much?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 18th 2010, 3:06:54

yes, because it sets lower standards and it creates a culture that we shouldn't want to achieve.

Or am I living in Atlas Shrugged all of a sudden?

me

Aug 18th 2010, 3:09:48

atleast until LaF educates a small alliance with the wrong pacts.

archaic Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 3:11:00

More like Origin of Species.

Are you really that concerned about where the bar is set at this point? What exactly is left to prove?

Forum Moderator

Aug 18th 2010, 3:22:04

Are you really so scared to run a techer?

locket Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 3:31:56

Anyone who was anything in IX cheated. Thus their fear to continue going

archaic Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 3:37:53

I actually am running a techer and I assure I could retal any country in LaF with one testicle tied behind my back. This has nothing to do with me or my alliance.

I just hate to see Ely being exterminated. All that rubbish about the mightyness of 4 dedicated retallers is just so much hot air now - they are completely upside down trying to kill #253 (why exactly was that idiot not booted?) and all the sharks taste blood now. 42 grabs (and counting) on them in the last 24 hours.

Call off the dogs H, you guys have made your point. Be leaders.

de1i Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 3:38:18

lollllllllllllllllllll

Chewi Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 3:58:42

Originally posted by archaic:

Originally posted by slagpit:
I mean, are you really suggesting that LaF alliance leaders should police their alliance over what you or some other non-laf member feels is excessive?

Essentially, yes. Would it kill LaF to give the little guys a break instead of 'educating them' so much?

Did you miss the part where LaF OFFERED ELY A PACT?

This is all rich coming from you consider what you and MKR did on the team server.

Chewi Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 3:59:06

opps

Navisis Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 4:02:30

" if they don't wanna get bottom fed, they should stay off the bottom. (Archaic) "

nuff said

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 18th 2010, 4:04:51

Originally posted by archaic:

LaF should give up its sovereignty as an alliance to satisfy whiners on AT? People on this server often complain about _single grabs_. The only way that LaF could comply with everyone's standards of decency would be to make no grabs at all. People even get offended when you grab untaggeds!

If you want an alliance to change their policies, fight them. If you want to be a five member tag pushing policies (laf offered ely a pact and ely declined it), then you better have good allies and be willing to fight over it. Fighting on AT doesn't count: fight ingame. If you don't have the political or military power to win, try again next set or change your policies.

I still don't get why laf farming elysium automatically means that elysium is going to quit the game. Has elysium asked for a pact or tried to resolve this with diplomacy? Is getting farmed actually worse than getting randomly killed?

Charles Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 4:12:14

Ely, join team server ;)

Dragonlance Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 4:41:09

Scrub..

ugh..

diez Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 8:52:35

Lol, team server would be perfect for ely indeed

ZIP Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 10:49:11

we will grow fast on the team server -
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

snawdog Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 11:24:54

Originally posted by ZIP:
we will grow fast on the team server -

Nope, that server is pretty much ran by a 'single' tag as well..
ICQ 364553524
msn

Ruthie

Aug 18th 2010, 13:01:08

Bullfluff

I was a DL there for quite awhile and I never cheated there, nor when I was leader of Ragnarok for almost 10 years.

So shut the hell up about me cheating.

And IX closed its doors long before Omac announced it was pulling the plug, so again you are talking out your ass about things you know absolutely nothing about.

Edited By: Ruthie on Aug 18th 2010, 13:03:08
See Original Post
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Marshal Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 18:14:24

Originally posted by Chewi:

Did you miss the part where LaF OFFERED ELY A PACT?

yea they did but our (leaders+members) point of view is that 48hrs retal window only benefits bigger tags.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Marshal Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 18:17:28

Originally posted by me:

It looks like you as a leader of your alliance are not effective at getting your members to follow alliance policies. It also looks like farming.

you have missed what H4 has said about laf's grab policy: Alliance as Will Retal=1-2 hits per 24hrs and Alliance/Untagged/etc as Neutral=hit as much as you want but try not to hit more than 4 times per 24hrs.

TAN Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 18:24:24

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Elysium belongs to a 90 country coalition which has a stated goal of opposing laf?

The coalition does not have a stated goal of opposing LaF. How do I know this? Cause I have insite access to everything, and we haven't even stated a charter we can really agree upon other than a rough draft of pact terms.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 18th 2010, 18:33:13

If Elysium joined a coalition that doesn't actually stand for anything perhaps they picked poorly?

Marshal Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 18:35:47

bad planning and hurry, that's all.

btw: where do you get that 90 countries? last time i checked it was 50 and doubt it has jumped to 90 past weeks.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 18:36:40

Originally posted by Slagpit:
If Elysium joined a coalition that doesn't actually stand for anything perhaps they picked poorly?

Especially if said coalition fails to come to the defense of Elysium in the event of a massive farming spree...

...oh wait.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 18th 2010, 18:46:30

NukEvil please fix the paging :(

jdpanther42 Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 18:58:22

talk is cheap whiskey costs money
there is no shame in being an idiot, but only if you stay one

locket Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 19:36:37

Perhaps you need to get your heads out of your asses then coalition. And marshal... dude unless you and your coalition plan to war laf, not taking a pact is just silly no matter what... you could have had 0 grabs from laf :/ unless you simply want to show what happens or something...but meh

And IX refused to go to the more moderated servers if I remember right. That is more what I was referring to.

TAN Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 20:57:25

You are being presumptuous. Yes, LaF has contributed to the forming of the coalition in its actions, but that's not to say the coalition is against the existence of LaF. For instance, Collab has also adopted some of their policies, like the 48 hour rule.

The goal is to empower the smaller alliances so that collectively we have more of a say in policies, and we don't sit around like Melians waiting for the bigger alliances to dictate how we should play or even pick us off -- look what happened to Rogue.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Ruthie

Aug 18th 2010, 21:24:19

Perhaps you need to get your heads out of your asses then coalition. And marshal... dude unless you and your coalition plan to war laf, not taking a pact is just silly no matter what... you could have had 0 grabs from laf :/ unless you simply want to show what happens or something...but meh

And IX refused to go to the more moderated servers if I remember right. That is more what I was referring to.

If you are talking about Council server, then you remember very wrong. Thats the only server I played consistently once it was created. Ragnarok left EC to go back to 1A, hence why I stayed and tried out different tags including IX.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

locket Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 21:58:38

Well my shoddy memory dosn't change the fact they had some pretty rampant cheaters ;)

Forum Moderator

Aug 18th 2010, 22:56:27

IX didn't join EC until later for the exact same reason LaF didn't join until later (we joined at the same time).

Because we refused to leave Gamerstown, and gamerstown was only supporting 1a (when they switched their support to EC, we moved to EC).

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 0:02:24

Originally posted by Ruthie:

Bullfluff

I was a DL there for quite awhile and I never cheated there, nor when I was leader of Ragnarok for almost 10 years.

So shut the hell up about me cheating.

And IX closed its doors long before Omac announced it was pulling the plug, so again you are talking out your ass about things you know absolutely nothing about.

Why do you feed the troll? Let him starve. It wasn't even good, subtle trolling.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Ruthie

Aug 19th 2010, 0:11:32

I was bored, lol

*puts troll food back in the cabinet*
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

de1i Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 6:05:22

Originally posted by Vic Rattlehead:

Why do you feed the troll? Let him starve. It wasn't even good, subtle trolling.

This.

Jelly

Aug 19th 2010, 6:28:12

If smaller alliances' players wants to have a say in the policy making and enforcing, then why don't you guys merge into one alliance then?

Sure, you want to hold on to whatever thing you want to hold on to, but guess what, it doesn't work that way. You can't have the cake, and eat it, and not have diarrhea after because you forgot to wash your hands.

You want something, you have to give up something.

KriSatZ Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 10:38:42

Instead of posting this on a public forum, why didn't you contact a LAF authority sooner? Instead of waiting 72 hours. If you feel you are being farmed, nip it in the bud after 24-48. Don't just wait it out then try and stir some crap up after 72.

Maybe it doesn't work like that around here, but it looks like common sense to me.

I play on LAF, and this is my first set. But the leaders all seem like reasonable people, I am sure if you approach them in private thinks would have happened alot quicker.
Success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.

LaFamiglia - zKriSatZwpn - LaFamiglia

archaic Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 14:35:19

Looks like LaF has dialed back most of the farming of ely - Sof on the other hand . . .

Aug 18/10 10:20:29 PM SS TagiduLaSheYesh (#282) (SoF) Yings THronE (#563) (ElySee) 43 A (+15 A)
Aug 18/10 8:21:25 PM SS TagiduLaSheYesh (#282) (SoF) Yings THronE (#563) (ElySee) 43 A (+16 A)
Aug 18/10 8:21:11 PM SS TagiduLaSheYesh (#282) (SoF) Yings THronE (#563) (ElySee) 66 A (+38 A)
Aug 18/10 8:15:49 PM PS TagiduLaSheYesh (#282) (SoF) Yings THronE (#563) (ElySee) 102 A (+58 A)
Aug 18/10 8:15:26 PM PS TagiduLaSheYesh (#282) (SoF) Yings THronE (#563) (ElySee) 111 A (+120 A)
Aug 18/10 3:13:02 PM PS TagiduLaSheYesh (#282) (SoF) Yings THronE (#563) (ElySee) 139 A (+78 A)
Aug 18/10 3:12:44 PM PS TagiduLaSheYesh (#282) (SoF) Yings THronE (#563) (ElySee) 146 A (+82 A)

Classy, why'd you stop at seven? With ghostys it was still yielding almost 60 per hit.

Chewi Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 20:08:15

Originally posted by KriSatZ:
Instead of posting this on a public forum, why didn't you contact a LAF authority sooner? Instead of waiting 72 hours. If you feel you are being farmed, nip it in the bud after 24-48. Don't just wait it out then try and stir some crap up after 72.

Maybe it doesn't work like that around here, but it looks like common sense to me.

I play on LAF, and this is my first set. But the leaders all seem like reasonable people, I am sure if you approach them in private thinks would have happened alot quicker.

Your first set and you'd already make a better leader than some people!

Jelly

Aug 19th 2010, 20:35:50

Especially Chewi, all he does is chew gum all day