Residential $1,505 $1,547 $1,691 8,956
Agricultural $1,747 $1,816 $1,947 29,391
Warfare $1,623 $1,665 $1,705 21,720
Military Strategy $1,600 $1,693 $1,924 23,942
Weapons $1,847 $1,993 $2,147 28,596
Industrial $2,200 $2,417 $3,000 9,545
Spy $2,147 $2,447 $2,447 660
SDI $2,047 $2,430 $2,941 79,257

how are people meant to play anything but fasc farmer/oiler with a market behaving like this?!

fluff

Marshal Game profile

Feb 16th 2018, 20:21:24

too few commies.

i needed tanks at FFA and price went from 205 to over 400 and atm in FFA might get more money when selling at priv than on public. alliance is bit better but won't stay that way.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Ivan Game profile

Feb 16th 2018, 20:36:22

too few commies? dude like at the amount sold of things cant play a commie and sell military on private to run turns well you could but ur not gonna do very well

Another thing that needs looking at is SPAL and spy dr, its waaay OP

Marshal Game profile

Feb 16th 2018, 21:12:00

well then problem is lack of buyers (not a surprise with 61 countries and big portion of those won't even get past 200 turns).

mehul's limited had similar probs.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 16th 2018, 21:39:39

yeah you get to a point that the market is not reliable so people go for strategies that avoid the market which makes the problem bigger.

less than one year ago I would have actually won the server with a commie indy if I was not suicided. This set I would have been forced to sell military on private market, so commie indy has gone from competetive to impossible in less than a year.

This is only the market issue. The toxic gameplay is even worse. Untagged suiciders are frequent, both random and disproportionate retalling on the wrong countries ruins sets frequently for all-xp ppl. Also 1-2 tags seem to have made a habit of just choosing a netting tag and destroying their reset either with lategame topfeeds, suicides or blindside FSs.

Everyone knows this. Everyone sees it. A few like it. Maybe 10-15, the rest are just trying to play around it and eventually quit when they realize its no longer possible.

Bots in themselves may improve the market. But I don't think for a second they will solve all the other issues.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 16th 2018, 21:54:04

team market looks same on this and last set and set before looks generally same.

Viceroy Game profile

Feb 16th 2018, 23:43:03

The issue on Team is not game mechanics. The server deserves everything that is happening to it.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 17th 2018, 0:02:48

we can only speculate what it'd be today if it had remained alliance and current alliance would be council.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 17th 2018, 0:14:56

Originally posted by Gerdler:

The toxic gameplay is even worse. Untagged suiciders are frequent, both random and disproportionate retalling on the wrong countries ruins sets frequently for all-xp ppl. Also 1-2 tags seem to have made a habit of just choosing a netting tag and destroying their reset either with lategame topfeeds, suicides or blindside FSs.

Everyone knows this. Everyone sees it. A few like it. Maybe 10-15, the rest are just trying to play around it and eventually quit when they realize its no longer possible.

Bots in themselves may improve the market. But I don't think for a second they will solve all the other issues.

There's little factual evidence here. This is fake news

Viceroy Game profile

Feb 17th 2018, 0:17:31

Would it help make it factual if I quit for another 25 months? I just came back, but I'm willing...
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 17th 2018, 8:41:00

Originally posted by Primeval:

The toxic gameplay is even worse. Untagged suiciders are frequent, both random and disproportionate retalling on the wrong countries ruins sets frequently for all-xp ppl. Also 1-2 tags seem to have made a habit of just choosing a netting tag and destroying their reset either with lategame topfeeds, suicides or blindside FSs.

There's little factual evidence here. This is fake news

Thats a big fat lie, this is not even news. Its what everyone knows. If you net on team server some tags will target you. Elders and FM/SiN are those tags.

I didn't post evidence because everyone who has been paying attention knows this.

Since you have not I will help you with some snippets of what has passed, anecdotes if you will, of a pattern that is broad and recurrent and probably stretches far further back than I have played this game:
Monks are being aggressed on by SiN this set for no reason other than they are netters and they have to pay for that. Havoc is ofc a fluff for, um, for exploring and keeping to himself? I dunno.

Last set FM kept doing lategame hits only to ruin peoples resets. Zig and inglear was hit.
https://www.eestats.com/team/oldcountry/1484/20

Elders suicided Zig 2 sets ago and randomly killed a 1-man netter tag:
https://www.eestats.com/team/oldcountry/1462/17

This happens to all-xp netters more often than not:
https://www.eestats.com/team/oldcountry/1442/62
TL;DR 42 missiles lategame for no reason at all. I can post several more examples of this without going back too far.

This is just 3 sets back and just a small part of all the crap that happened in those sets, I could go further and you'd see the same things over and over.

In fact I will:

This is Elders killing a netter for retalling: https://www.eestats.com/team/oldcountry/1318/43
The only news between them that set and the set before were Elders landgrabs that Zig retalled.
Ofc they were promptly killed the next set, but it didn't stop there, they had to get revenge with a blindside FS 2 sets later for Zig standing up for themselves.

Different tactics have been used, some just roll over and play dead hoping the aggressor will go away. Some don't. They seem to really want people to not fight back, as that is the behaviour that is frequently rewarded. The only thing we know is that; "We did not seek nor did we provoke an assault on our freedom and our way of life. We did not expect nor did we invite a confrontation with evil."

But yeah you are purposely taking the stance of the FBI in the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting. That's really helpful, thanks.

Edited By: Gerdler on Feb 17th 2018, 8:48:10
See Original Post

DruncK Game profile

Feb 17th 2018, 13:20:53

That FM went awol due to internal conflicts, it's was Hellrush for God's sake. This set SiN fluffed with monks because they completely dropped the ball in a cold war esque scenario.

PS - Netting tags get screwed because no one takes this server seriously and never puts any time into formal relations, but let's blame the warrers for... Doing what warrers do??

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 17th 2018, 13:45:20

Yeah, well elders hit ZigZag 2 sets ago when we had agreed on a mid-set war between Elders and ZagZig but then cancelled it because of a suicider as per the deal. Azn then proceeded to suicide ZigZags netters all on his own while tagged Elders.
We tried very hard to get that peace, Elders showed their true colors(hah).

I have watched Monks very carefully the past year or so, what I notice is:
1. Most of them are mostly exploring.
2. They retal most of the hits on them in a standard fashion.
3. They accept retals on them, like is standard.
4. They mostly keep to themselves like Weedy, Zigzag and like T10 used to do because they quit due to the team server environment.

Netting tags getting screwed once is reasonable.. but you suiciders are consistently messing over a declining base of netters. The server is dying and you are not only helping it along, you are the main cause.

HellraZor Game profile

Feb 17th 2018, 14:28:43

Why not a mandatory War Declaration for all other than land grabs? The defending country or tags have at least 12 hrs. to respond before attacking commences?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 17th 2018, 14:37:26

Something like that, anything.

Tho, we have to remember that griefing tags(yeah I dont call them war tags anymore) are fully capable of ruining people sets with only landgrabs, and that seems to be their goal.

HellraZor Game profile

Feb 17th 2018, 16:17:05

Tho, we have to remember that griefing tags(yeah I dont call them war tags anymore) are fully capable of ruining people sets with only landgrabs, and that seems to be their goal.

Adjust the Dr on kill runs?

HellraZor Game profile

Feb 17th 2018, 16:29:43

For all you coders and such ,how hard is it to put sound effects in a text based game?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 17th 2018, 17:49:55

Hey I have that, just set highlights that work on both outgoing and ingoing, I get a nice vibration on my phone and a sweet beep on my computer that I choose myself every time I attack. Makes attacking that much funner! :)

Im sure you can put sounds to the other pages as well with some work, but I dont see it needs to be a priority for the game admins honestly :)

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 19th 2018, 0:57:51

If whole rounds are being ruined for a player by just landgrabs (built-in mechanics and integral parts of the actual game) then there are way bigger issues at hand.

DruncK Game profile

Feb 19th 2018, 1:31:37

What if netting tags reached out to war tags for non aggression/defensive pacts, and if war tags don't respond you don't build super low spal and SDI countries?

Viceroy Game profile

Feb 19th 2018, 1:40:08

What if we stopped addressing unrelated issues by victim-blaming and started fixing the reasons so many have been run off from this game and the Team server specifically?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 19th 2018, 7:26:39

If whole rounds are being ruined for a player by just landgrabs (built-in mechanics and integral parts of the actual game) then there are way bigger issues at hand.

https://www.eestats.com/team/oldcountry/1462/14

He was done after the landgrabs, dont you agree?

Edit: Also, are you suggesting that I or anyone else can't ruin IMPs netters without using harmful spy ops, special attacks or missiles? I hope we can both agree that is not the case so I don't have to be bothered to show it.

Originally posted by DruncK:
What if netting tags reached out to war tags for non aggression/defensive pacts, and if war tags don't respond you don't build super low spal and SDI countries?

Or we could just OOP FS you, since our netting is ruined anyway if we have to hold 50 spal and 80% SDI post day 14?

Originally posted by Viceroy:
What if we stopped addressing unrelated issues by victim-blaming and started fixing the reasons so many have been run off from this game and the Team server specifically?

This strategy has taken the game from tens of thousands of players to ~300, why would we stop this now?

Edited By: Gerdler on Feb 19th 2018, 7:34:17
See Original Post

sinistril Game profile

Feb 19th 2018, 8:26:37

Edit: Also, are you suggesting that I or anyone else can't ruin IMPs netters without using harmful spy ops, special attacks or missiles? I hope we can both agree that is not the case so I don't have to be bothered to show it.

People try every set, we do ok :P Servers are different though

Maybe a non-pvp server is needed. They seem to be wildly successful in other games.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 19th 2018, 19:42:52

https://www.eestats.com/team/oldcountry/1462/14

He was done after the landgrabs, dont you agree?

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm flat out saying that if players are saying that entire rounds are ruined due to landgrabs then you're doing it wrong.

Also, if you would like to get specific and involve my clan in your personal soapbox posts, I highly suggest you choose your wording carefully.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 19th 2018, 20:17:01

I'm going to give Prime the benefit of the doubt that he is unaware of this issue.

It's true, some players LG other players with the sole intentions of ruining another player's set.

I can attest to this because I was once in Elders and we intentionally LG players to provoke them to war with us. Yes., I still have the screenshots of these discussions.

I've also been on the receiving end, where you've invested lots of time calculating only to have it ruined by certain players.

Getting topfed ruins a player's set. It's plain and simple. The returns from topfeeding should be nerfed in my opinion. The current coding for it actually encourages people to do it. Unfortunately, it has been part of the game for a long time and will likely never change.

Best returns should be (as it is) the closer in net you are to your target the better the returns. I would say, if a player targeted another player at 10%+/- of their networth the returns should drastically drop off. Like something extreme-- cut returns in 1/2.

Edited By: Celphi on Feb 19th 2018, 20:21:52
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 19th 2018, 20:48:11

10k acres grabs 20k acres country so lower acres gets more land than loses on retal.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 19th 2018, 21:21:18

My suggestion:

Country A
Networth: $1,000,000
Land: ~6000A

Country B
Networth: $4,000,000
Land: ~20000A

If Country A is outside of $3,600,000 or $4,400,000 [ 10% of Country B's networth] then Country A's returns are nerfed by 1/2 when attacking Country B.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 19th 2018, 23:44:42

So I will add something that might be quick to fix:

If you change the tag admin password everyone is locked out of tag admin and the no password works to get it back... it is a really dangerous trap that makes no sense to have.
If you cant fix the problem we would be helped by just removing the option to change tag admin password.

tag pass can still be changed back and forth and it works like a charm.

Confirmed, qz. Changing the tag admin pw is buggy.

Gross. OK. I'll put that near the top of my list.
Finally did the signature thing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 19th 2018, 23:45:55

Originally posted by HellraZor:
I'm really impressed with the player base this server has in this day and age, maybe not like yesteryear but for text based it's alot . I use to play a game called Conquest that died out in 2008 that was similar. I think the creator based it off Utopia and EE. But anyway, what if some of the slightest image changes were made like for the military units or avatars for forums. It kind of goes along the lines as a book with pictures,lol. Can you image how well Playboy would have done if they explained the description of a female body instead of photos.heh Im not saying lose the Nostalgia but maybe a slight makeover. What about calling units a more futuristic sending name or something?

We actually planned some of these things, but we're not graphics artists... and the UI would need a makeover, and we've always wanted to do that *AFTER* doing a better API (which is what i'm kinda working on still right now)

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 19th 2018, 23:52:58

Originally posted by HellraZor:
Why not a mandatory War Declaration for all other than land grabs? The defending country or tags have at least 12 hrs. to respond before attacking commences?

This has come up before; I kinda like it; I don't remember if there were reasons for/against this...

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 19th 2018, 23:55:58

Originally posted by Celphi:
Unfortunately, it has been part of the game for a long time and will likely never change.

Best returns should be (as it is) the closer in net you are to your target the better the returns. I would say, if a player targeted another player at 10%+/- of their networth the returns should drastically drop off. Like something extreme-- cut returns in 1/2.

I thought it cuts off WAAAY MORE than 1/2 already doesn't it?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 20th 2018, 0:00:20

Originally posted by qzjul:
Originally posted by Celphi:
Unfortunately, it has been part of the game for a long time and will likely never change.

I thought it cuts off WAAAY MORE than 1/2 already doesn't it?

I mean 1/2 of what it currently is.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 20th 2018, 0:03:18

oh

well

could do

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 20th 2018, 0:19:42

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm flat out saying that if players are saying that entire rounds are ruined due to landgrabs then you're doing it wrong.

Also, if you would like to get specific and involve my clan in your personal soapbox posts, I highly suggest you choose your wording carefully.

Since you cant be bothered to check a link, and I can't be bothered to show you personally, Do you think a player can win with these news?

2017-12-18 19:39:41 PS Heard you like ab (#17) OLDBOY Dol Baran (#14) ZigZag DH
2017-12-18 06:03:54 PS Heard you like ab (#17) OLDBOY Dol Baran (#14) ZigZag 3637A (4691A)
2017-12-18 06:02:50 PS Dol Baran (#14) ZigZag Heard you like ab (#17) OLDBOY 2188A (2888A)
2017-12-17 17:15:04 PS Heard you like ab (#17) OLDBOY Dol Baran (#14) ZigZag 3679A (5042A)
2017-12-17 08:19:31 PS Dol Baran (#14) ZigZag Heard you like ab (#17) OLDBOY 3281A (4379A)
2017-12-17 00:47:35 PS Heard you like ab (#17) OLDBOY Dol Baran (#14) ZigZag 2712A (4130A)
2017-12-16 04:59:12 PS Heard you like ab (#17) OLDBOY Dol Baran (#14) ZigZag 3926A (5493A)
2017-12-15 15:40:22 PS Dol Baran (#14) ZigZag Heard you like ab (#17) OLDBOY 2677A (3813A)
2017-12-14 04:53:13 PS Heard you like ab (#17) OLDBOY Dol Baran (#14) ZigZag 1791A (3027A)

If not then the set is ruined. If a player of less skill can outnet a player with these news, the set is ruined. The issue with netting has always been that the best don't win if someone decides otherwise, instead the lucky guy who didn't get hit wins. And yeah the difference between 1st and 2nd is usually a badly timed land grab, possibly two.
And it's not hard and is never going to be hard to landgrab a guy who is stocking with a tyranny techer or a dict techer or whatever you feel like.

So there is no defence to the fact that pretty much any player in the game can decide that a would-be winner is not worthy. How is that reasonable? Why can't the best netter win the netting competition at least the majority of the time?

Edit: And yeah, Drunck is right in a way. The griefer tags are not the problem, its that their job is so goddamned easy which means the game incentivises their plays. Game created them.

Edited By: Gerdler on Feb 20th 2018, 0:23:20
See Original Post

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Feb 20th 2018, 3:14:58

Your complete and enormous misunderstanding of the foundation of this game is head scratching.

Now let's get this derailing thread back on track

Viceroy Game profile

Feb 20th 2018, 3:34:15

It'd be more impressive if we could get the Team Server back on track, but I digress.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 20th 2018, 5:04:21

Originally posted by Viceroy:
It'd be more impressive if we could get the Team Server back on track, but I digress.

Back on track in what manner?

Ivan Game profile

Feb 20th 2018, 10:01:48

the importance of SPAL needs to be hugely reduced as well along with SPY Dr going up faster, stealing tech food and oil are waay too easy same with CD

Fix team by starting with bots being added, it will give players more fun and more fun usually leads to more people

DruncK Game profile

Feb 20th 2018, 11:40:53

Join GDI...

HellraZor Game profile

Feb 20th 2018, 15:28:40

There's really a simple solution. Just make one of the servers an all netting all explore. Then everyone's happy 😊

HellraZor Game profile

Feb 20th 2018, 20:45:40

Tech % in original Spyware Op?

Marshal Game profile

Feb 20th 2018, 21:27:22

tech is in saved spyop but possible def bonus is in orig spy op only.

HellraZor Game profile

Feb 20th 2018, 21:35:02

I know but I'm lazy and don't like Xtra clicking.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 20th 2018, 21:47:03

well calc it in your head then or just assume its 150%.

HellraZor Game profile

Feb 21st 2018, 0:06:22

I like being precise though.🤓

Marshal Game profile

Feb 21st 2018, 14:09:14

you are bit contradicting, you want to be lazy and also precise.

HellraZor Game profile

Feb 21st 2018, 17:00:02

It would just be quicker when calculating for an attack.