Verified:

crysk Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 12:22:35

Those untaggeds killed 16, I'd say thats an impact. Ya'll whine worse than a newborn baby. FIGHT a little. Geesh.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 19th 2011, 13:26:48

The outcome of this has already been determined. Elysium had 120 country advantage. Its embarrassing you allowed us to get a 5-kill lead in the first place.

I also think its important that your alliance is ousted for playing with trash like llaar. I halfway expected better from you.

crysk Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 14:04:32

Thing is prim, as I told you when you were harassing me in private, we KNEW this was going to be a fight regardless of numbers, it's our first war, but it didn't matter. We learned a lot about how we work as a whole, what needs to change, we'll move on. You won't. And that is why ya'll have no friends around here and you continue to die. Please, feel free to come after us again. It's a game.

P.S. Again, llaar's paying his reps for the crap he pulled last set. But I may just ask him to stay to watch you have a tissy.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 19th 2011, 14:36:46

I love when players imply that you are whining or raging in order to attempt to put you in a rage. You must think you're speaking to someone else.

Find me via PM again and send me your country number and I'll FA you some midol, cupcake.

crysk Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 14:41:12

I haven't died sunshine :) I sure do wish you'd try though.

Rockman Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 17:06:43

Originally posted by Primeval:
The outcome of this has already been determined. Elysium had 120 country advantage. Its embarrassing you allowed us to get a 5-kill lead in the first place.

I also think its important that your alliance is ousted for playing with trash like llaar. I halfway expected better from you.

What portion of your kills have been on countries that are over 400k networth? Your top countries are techers that are teching instead of attacking. Thats a great war strategy there.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 19th 2011, 17:25:48

You're not seriously attempting to make a comparison between quality of kills are you?

IMP has knocked out your top 4-5 just about every time we have a significant warchat. It took you 5 days to dip anywhere close to our top 50% and you still can't kill any tops - which break your guys consistently. fluff, you only got 17 kills in that pathetic FS of yours. I sure hope you aren't saying those countries are just teching by number of hits. Why would I want our top countries using up all of their turns killing when they can keep pulling away and continue breaking for us? Although I can see where an argument could be had for quality of kills - killing your tops still aren't considered quality kills in my book.

Thus endeth today's lesson.

Your troll post fails this time, Rockman. Come back with a longer and better one next time.

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 17:36:52

Primey has a point, and can a clan with double the numbers of the target really complain about who their target is killing :P

Also techers teching makes them better breakers, they can be used to speedbreak otherwise unbreakable targets, at a 1:1 ratio, and be able to replace lost military which normally could not be done.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

gambit Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 17:41:41

Last Dance With Mary Jane (#2093)
(Fascism)
Clan: NBK

GetYourBootyOnTheFloorTonight (#2094)
(Tyranny)
Clan: ANTE

we also own the tag that just FSed us... everyone found out that we ran the untags that hit us last set, so we had to tag them up this time around!
Natural Born Killer

Rockman Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 18:06:06

You're not seriously attempting to make a comparison between quality of kills are you?

IMP has knocked out your top 4-5 just about every time we have a significant warchat. It took you 5 days to dip anywhere close to our top 50% and you still can't kill any tops - which break your guys consistently. fluff, you only got 17 kills in that pathetic FS of yours. I sure hope you aren't saying those countries are just teching by number of hits. Why would I want our top countries using up all of their turns killing when they can keep pulling away and continue breaking for us? Although I can see where an argument could be had for quality of kills - killing your tops still aren't considered quality kills in my book.

Thus endeth today's lesson.

Your troll post fails this time, Rockman. Come back with a longer and better one next time.

That explains it. You've not had a significant warchat yet.

Your tops don't break our guys consistently because they aren't attacking consistently.

You can spin it how you want, but you've got about 20 originals left, half of which aren't attacking, and the other half of which are parking lots.

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 18:07:30

A parking lot techer is a lot more dangerous then a non parking lot techer :P
NBK

Pain Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 18:08:21

not if its a tyranny.
Your mother is a nice woman

Rockman Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 18:26:58

Originally posted by Kill4Free:

Dangerous how....?

How does the lack of an economy make a country more dangerous than one which has an economy?

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 19th 2011, 18:29:55

Well, at least that post was a little longer. You're getting there.

You should be embarrassed we weren't tag-killed Saturday.

Rockman Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 18:33:56

Well, at least that post was a little longer. You're getting there.

You should be embarrassed we weren't tag-killed Saturday.

Elysium's war effort has been extremely pathetic. Mine hasn't. If you wanna find my countries, its not that hard.

EViL

Dec 19th 2011, 18:35:52

I can't recall a time when we gave a damn enough to single you out during a chat. You're the only one pitifully obsessed in this shin-dig.

I told the guys weeks ago - I feel really, really sorry for you.

Rockman Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 18:37:03

Originally posted by EViL:
I can't recall a time when we gave a damn enough to single you out during a chat. You're the only one pitifully obsessed in this shin-dig.

I told the guys weeks ago - I feel really, really sorry for you.

You've singled me out already with your unwillingness to attack me. You've killed just 1 of my countries.

Pain Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 18:39:51

Originally posted by Rockman:

Dangerous how....?

How does the lack of an economy make a country more dangerous than one which has an economy?

if its a non tyr techer it give you a chance to use all your turns attacking while surviving on selling of techs. i think thats what hes getting at. its a very short term tactic though. if its a tyr and doesnt have an amazing spal its more of less worthless except trying to rebuild for redi

KingKaosKnows

Dec 19th 2011, 18:51:06

Non tyranny techers have to tech less turns for readiness, and as such their income per turn is lower.

As thus by ABing them they can change their strats to farmer/casher quite easily and by the cost of +200 enemy turns and they will change gov/strat with reduced cost.

Let's say they got a good stock

They first make CS for readiness, and then make their strat building and they do this without stopping hitting.

1. Get abbed
2. Hit till your readiness is fluff
3. Sell max military (sent stock to the market)
4. Switch to tyranny
5. Make CS to regain readiness
6. Hit the homos.
7. Build for readiness.

KingKaosKnows

Dec 19th 2011, 18:57:14

PS: I was under the impression that this was common knowledge :/

And Pain that is utter foolish, if you do what I said and have at least a minor amount of stock, then you can pull it off and go from breaker to midbreaker without problems :/

The best strategy for war is techer undermined only by the ratio of techers in a server.

Rockman Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 19:02:03

If you get ABd 100+ times, your bpt is gonna be crap, especially if you're already running low bpt countries like IMP.

And getting someone to switch from techer when tech is at 4k, but they can only tech 4/7ths of their turns to farmer when food is at $35 is a good thing, especially if they have to sell off their military to fund the switch.

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 19:03:03

Dangerous how....?

Tyr techers can get by by teching, a non Tyr isn't much use normally save for breaking. Now assuming you are AB'ed. All your land value is now 0 income wise really. Dropping land, you can keep all your tech %'s maxed with 1/4 the amount of tech, quadruple your spal, and have more income then normal for the next 4-5 days while using readiness turns to build CS. Once that is done, you can then farm a couple countries with high farms/ent/res and rebuild as a instant casher/farmer with almost no turn loss.
NBK

KingKaosKnows

Dec 19th 2011, 19:07:56

K4F puts it nicely

Rockman Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 19:35:46

Dangerous how....?

Tyr techers can get by by teching, a non Tyr isn't much use normally save for breaking. Now assuming you are AB'ed. All your land value is now 0 income wise really. Dropping land, you can keep all your tech %'s maxed with 1/4 the amount of tech, quadruple your spal, and have more income then normal for the next 4-5 days while using readiness turns to build CS. Once that is done, you can then farm a couple countries with high farms/ent/res and rebuild as a instant casher/farmer with almost no turn loss.

Except your country now is much smaller in land, and has a smaller military and sold off much of its tech and has horrible techs for a farmer.

Now how is a small farmer with crappy techs and a weak military better than a big techer with better techs and a stronger military? Aside from the better SPAL, I see no advantage.

Your "income" is not higher than normal the next 4-5 days, your income is infact zero. You are selling off your stockpile, you are not producing any income.

Pain Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 20:14:00

rockman is right, your income is significantly lower, not higher. not only are you not still teching and making more money, youre losing more money due to decreased income due to lower land, and you are surviving only off what you have in stock and that includes replacing lost military.

it costs alot of money to convert and/or rebuild. so all that extra money turns into nothing.

techers are good mid set war countries. once tech prices drop off farmers and cashers become way more powerful.

mrford Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 20:43:34

i converted from techer. all my tech kept getting undercut and i wasnt able to sustain my countries much less buy oil

now that im making around 70K bushels per turn im getting some damn money
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 20:57:34

Rockman it counts as income. Say your country needs to keep x, y and z tech lvls minimum to be useful as a war country, if you have 1/5 the land you all of a sudden have 4/5 of your extra tech as valueless to you, tech which you could not have justified selling before becomes sellable. Obviously this is not a long term solution, but it turns a crippled country into a 150% weapons tech 400 spal breaker for next few days, which trust me, kill wise, it pays for itself. By the time you run outta tech you can sell, you have enough CS ready to start rebuilding.

There are good times to AB techers, but a techer that has a lot of tech, ABing is a horrible decision, as it makes them stronger and harder to kill for the next few days.
NBK

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2011, 21:03:25

Rockman it counts as income. Say your country needs to keep x, y and z tech lvls minimum to be useful as a war country, if you have 1/5 the land you all of a sudden have 4/5 of your extra tech as valueless to you, tech which you could not have justified selling before becomes sellable. Obviously this is not a long term solution, but it turns a crippled country into a 150% weapons tech 400 spal breaker for next few days, which trust me, kill wise, it pays for itself. By the time you run outta tech you can sell, you have enough CS ready to start rebuilding.

There are good times to AB techers, but a techer that has a lot of tech, ABing is a horrible decision, as it makes them stronger and harder to
kill for the next few days.

Last set I had a Semper guy that just kept Abing me, I did what K4F is talking about,then a day later used those countries he Abed to kill him with and making $ at same time due to the dropping of unused land :)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

https://youtu.be/...pxFw4?si=mCDXT3t1vmFgn0qn

-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF~SKA=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Rockman Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 21:06:24

There are good times to AB techers, but a techer that has a lot of tech, ABing is a horrible decision, as it makes them stronger and harder to kill for the next few days.

Its not income. Your tech amounts dropped. You were living off stockpile, not producing something. You didn't produce any tech. You sold tech that you already had. The reason to AB a techer is to make it weak after it runs out of stockpile, you don't AB a country and kill it the next day. It doesn't make them stronger, it makes them more fragile. You can temporarily boost your country up by dropping land and selling tech, but your country is a hollow shell which is collapsing.

Rockman Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 21:07:01

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

There are good times to AB techers, but a techer that has a lot of tech, ABing is a horrible decision, as it makes them stronger and harder to
kill for the next few days.

Last set I had a Semper guy that just kept Abing me, I did what K4F is talking about,then a day later used those countries he Abed to kill him with and making $ at same time due to the dropping of unused land :)

Dropping unused land doesn't make you any money.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2011, 21:11:47

Selling xtra tech did, sorry, wrote it wrong :/
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

mike Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 21:11:59

gotta agree with rockman here, hes pretty spot on. not producing. although i love the tactic and if i had the tech (if i were a techer) i would have tried that out. unfortunately my countries suck.
Carpe Cerevisi

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2011, 21:16:41

Ya, I made the xtra $ when I sold the tech, sorry, wrote it wrong :/
(•_•)

KingKaosKnows

Dec 19th 2011, 21:25:16

No one is saying Rockman is wrong (not me)

What I said is that a ABed country is not out of the game and there are several ways to limit the damage and get back on the game faster.

K4F said one true thing, but my strategy is different.

1. I get ABed
2. Drop land.
3a. I sell military (sent stock to the market) and switch goverment (if needed).
3b. Land grab
4. Build CS for readiness
5. Keep Landgrabing taking lots of land with each hit (less than 400 acres is a no no)
6. Keep build CS and the unused acres for readiness.

In the end I will get to my normal land values, I will cause damage and I will be pretty much unscrashed after a huge AB run.

And don't mess with me because I have done that countless of times and works every time.

Pain Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 21:37:16

KKK even if it worked that nicely, youre still a country out of commission for a few days while other countries in your tag get killed and then by the time you are done recouping from the ABs your back on the kill list.

KingKaosKnows

Dec 19th 2011, 21:50:30

Days?

Give me a country with 1600 acres a BPT of 24, maxed weapon tech and a sizeable military and I will be back on the game in 60 turns or less, taking into account that the enemy countries can't suck and need to have some kind of stock on hand for walling (+200m cash).

Rockman Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 22:08:37

Yeah, ABing a techer doesn't take it out of the game. My way is different, I wouldn't even drop land, I'd just turn the country into a finisher and build CS for readiness, and sell off military but not tech.

No matter what, though, an ABd techer loses a ton of production, and will struggle to maintain a large military. ABing a techer won't matter much if the enemy has plenty of other large countries. ABing a bunch of techers will work if the enemy has a bunch of other large countries, its all about the ratio of the ABd techers to the other large countries. If the other countries can easily afford to FA the ABd techer until it gets back and producing again, then it was no use. If there are enough techers ABd that the other large countries cannot prop them all up, then it was successful.

ABing techers does prevent them from being breakers in the longrun, and if they attempt to be breakers in the short run, they just make themselves an even easier target to kill later in the week (but at least they do something useful before dying).

In my opinion, you win a war when the enemy has no more breakers. Its not about who has more kills, who has better hpk, etc. Its usually measured pretty well by TNW, but what really makes the difference is who has the breakers. IMP has a dozen difficult to break countries right now, but those countries will be dead soon. And there's not enough of them to prop up their remaining parking lotted countries.

The reason for the confusion was that I was not clear about why i thought the techers being parking lots was relevant. I meant it in that their economies were shot, not in that they couldn't keep hitting (as in fact, some of my countries have kept hitting after being turned into parking lots).

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 22:10:32

Originally posted by Pain:
KKK even if it worked that nicely, youre still a country out of commission for a few days while other countries in your tag get killed and then by the time you are done recouping from the ABs your back on the kill list.

Talk to SemperFi about it, my countries last set went from mildly inconvenient to needed 60+ failed hits in a row to break cause I dropped my land. And they were breaking down the tops everyday in the process.

You underestimate the damage a country with 400-1000 spal can do, can get a 1mil troop break down to 400k raw break without even a single hit, so your losses actually decrease.
NBK

KingKaosKnows

Dec 19th 2011, 22:16:11

That also works nicely, but when your alliace is at numerical disadvantage you really shouldn't become a finisher, you have to mantain military and keep hitting to keep the enemy focused on you.

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 22:30:34

Generally when you are getting pounded to the ground, a good breaker is worth far more then any two finishers, just because you need at least one breaker to kill something important. Even if it is only capable of breaking for 4-5 days, that is 4-5 kills you could be getting of more important targets.
NBK

NightShade

Dec 19th 2011, 22:34:48

I can break and finish with the same country usually, but I have to hand it to IMP, we've had our peaks and valleys with activity, including myself and Seraph going to see Black Label Society & Guns N' Roses Tuesday night-Wednesday morning, but afterwards we were right back into the think of it.

At the same time, ELY also had people detag as a result of this war, had we the extra countries it may have made more of a difference.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

Chaoswind Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 22:36:07

I have to agree with K4F and KKK, that would work nicely when you are thinking on the best way for you to recover, but on a full scale war, if by being annoying I force the enemy to focus even more hits on me after they ABed me to the ground then I win :)
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 19th 2011, 22:42:41

Originally posted by NightShade:

At the same time, ELY also had people detag as a result of this war, had we the extra countries it may have made more of a difference.

The detags were not hitters by the way. Of course things would be different with more countries...

NightShade

Dec 19th 2011, 23:21:18

Some wanted to netgain, and we don't think differently of them for it, I told Zip & Co. I would participate and haven't gone back on my word.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

SublimeNightmare Game profile

Dec 20th 2011, 0:13:48

ELY should have tag killed IMP in 3 days. Pedestrian effort.
IT'S KILLING TIME

NightShade

Dec 20th 2011, 0:24:01

Were I only working one of the two jobs I have (Jimmy John's as an Asst. Manager, and AvantGuard as a call dispatcher) I could have dedicated at least eight more hours to this game. LOL
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

Dec 20th 2011, 5:10:45

Been on ski vacation for days, IMP has problems with activity like anyone else. My point is with around 10 more members this should have been over in a three days. ELY's FS should have killed 60 with 35 more per day, effectively killing 130 countries in 3 days. Ely is winning as they should.
IT'S KILLING TIME

Rockman Game profile

Dec 20th 2011, 5:50:22

Originally posted by SublimeNightmare:

I agree with you .... is the world ending?

crysk Game profile

Dec 20th 2011, 11:03:44

Good for you Rockman :) Now do something about it. Ely knew it was going to be a fight with Imp, I've said it multiple times, none of us had warred together before, many of us just came back to game. It happens. We know where we need improvement and it will be done accordingly.

Dec 20th 2011, 21:42:00

Originally posted by SublimeNightmare:

I agree with you .... is the world ending?

Must be. *checks outside for meteors*

Originally posted by ICe Man:

I'm kinda surprised ELY put that good of a fight up TBH -- props over there.

The main reason I personally do not think they have fought well is because it was my impression from FFAT that ELY was warring and everyone better look out. When I saw 230+ countries I was thinking, damn, no-one better mess with ELY. Then my clan is FS'd by then and I still have originals left over a week later after being gone 3 out of the 7 days.

Edited By: SublimeNightmare on Dec 20th 2011, 21:44:10
See Original Post
IT'S KILLING TIME