Verified:

Pain Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 18:54:28

This is not a fair war tactic, using firefox to hit with 1-16 countries at a time. this gives attackers an unfair advantage over the rest of the people who have to hit with 1 country at a time and people who are not able to wall because they are killed within 30-45 seconds. its borderline against the rules.

discuss.
Your mother is a nice woman

gambit Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 18:59:10

self-farming in FFA

This is not a fair netgaining tactic, using firefox to farm with 1-16 countries at a time. this gives tree-huggers an unfair advantage over the rest of the people who have to landgrab with 1 country at a time and people who are not able to landgrab because they cannot calculate breaks correctly. its borderline against the rules.

discuss.
Natural Born Killer

Pain Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:02:15

gambit this is not a thread about self farming. please do not go off subject.

the whole point of this thread is to show how idiotic your arguements against self farming is.

gambit Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:03:34

Originally posted by Pain:
gambit this is not a thread about self farming. please do not go off subject.

the whole point of this thread is to show how idiotic your arguements against self farming is.

huh?

your two sentences just contradicted each other... which one is correct?
Natural Born Killer

Pain Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:07:57

ok sorry i meant this thread is not used as an arguement to justify self farming. its to show you its a tactic much like one you guys use that give you a different type of gameplay advantage. on difference if self farming isnt against the rules, where the hitting tactic is borderline depending on interpretation.

Automated scripts, bots and macros
Earth Empires does not allow players to use any form of script, program, macro or other software tool to perform user actions in an automated manner. Scripts that enhance game play by helping users complete actions quicker, such as auto-form fill fields, are permitted. However, these must not play the user's country without user input.

gambit Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:15:35

first of all... you can open multi tabs with this game in firefox, ie, and chrome... i havent tried others, but im sure you can do it in those also

2nd of all... every action i preform in my country is entered manually by me... not by a bot, program, script, macro, or anything else... its done with my 2 wittle bitty fingers

and nobody has claimed that self-farming is against any rules... just frowned upon... like FA chains and buyouts

and just like self-farming... i enjoy no advantage of the game that anyone else is not free to enjoy
Natural Born Killer

MorTcuS Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:16:26

leave my self farming alone...
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:20:35

Anyone is capable of doing this, and we have no scripts or anything.
You can run all 16 of your countries in a row one after the other no problem.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

kemo Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:24:31

practice ways to see if you can duplicate what they doin instead of simply "no fair they cheating". ive been apart of their killin and i promise you if thats cheating ill help swords kill whoever they want
all praised to ra

Pain Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:24:48

Originally posted by Kill4Free:

wow it didnt take long for someone to say exactly what i expected.

"anyone can do this"

im sorry is there something i missed where anyone CANT self farm also?

yes you enter the info manually, but you do not have to click on each tab to make the attack, when you can hit 1 button and have 10 countries attack at once, thats a script. slice it however you want.

i need to clarify here that i do not have a problem with you using this tactic, unlike you guys i am not a hypocrite and cry about someone else using a tactic that works better then mine. ijust wish you guys could see it the same way.

Twain Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:28:58

So why is one perfectly okay and the other is frowned upon?

Because warring clans can dictate how others play, but netting clans can only do everything they can to avoid being on the radar of war clans.

No matter how successful or big TKO were to get, they still couldn't FORCE another clan to netgain. War clans can do just that, they can dictate how others play the game.

synoder Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:30:24

as far as I know we dont use a script that allows someone to click 1 button and have all 10 countries attack at once. I think you are confusing our super fast fingers with a bot ;) The only script I know of that anyone in NBK uses was posted on the strategy forum for everyone to see and you still have to click for every attack. It just makes it so you dont have to manually type the amount of military but instead clik on a drop down menu with preset amounts. I am not even sure is any NBKers are even still using that.

synoder Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:31:45

http://forums.earthempires.com/...;z=ee-browser-add-on-v1-3

there is the link if anyone wants it :)

Pain Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:32:06

so you guys dont use firefoxs ALT f5 or whatever to refresh all tabs at once when hitting? a quick look at your news will prove otherwise.

Tin Man

Feb 12th 2011, 19:41:52

my preferred method is Google Chrome.. open up a tab attacking ### with 10000 troops or whatever and click "Send Attack" as fast as you can and it attacks as fast as you click.. I couldnt tell you how many countries I have completely disemboweled due to running out of cash or food.. gotta be careful..

the only script I use is the one that is posted on the forums BY THE GAME ADMINISTRATORS.

Nobody in NBK uses scripts to attack with but if you are decent enough at math and how this game works you can kill a country with a 3million break in a matter of seconds.. one tab to initially break, next tab(depending on the country and your countries tech/govt bonus etc) wherever you're gonna leave the initial break at and continue it down the line. Just make sure your math is right or youre looking at a LOT of DEFENSE HELD

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:42:23

Pain, no we don't do that, and a smart look at our news rather then a quick one will prove that.

As for the self farming argument vs this one. Basically what we do is just do what you do, but fast, not gonna explain how to someone we are at war with, but we do.

Self farming NBK's stance was not that it was cheating (That is more of a Swords line), but that it gave an advantage that was so big there is no reason to not self farm, and that was making it so almost no player interaction, grabs, retals in the game.

Self farming takes away from the game in general, and it is so easy, and good that most people can't stop themselves from doing it.
NBK

kemo Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:44:06

Originally posted by kemo:
practice ways to see if you can duplicate what they doin instead of simply "no fair they cheating"
all praised to ra

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:45:05

Kemo speaks truth.
NBK

gambit Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:47:01

apparently you just ignored my last post... so whatever :P

sooooo... i would like for you to prove it otherwise... if you are so sure of yourself

so what you are saying is that you think that i set up at the break with all 16 of my countries and have some script to keep refreshing them all?

that seems like it would be very costly to each of my militarys... and would slow me down due to my readiness issues, more than it would speed me up
Natural Born Killer

mrford Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:47:16

CC was making sub 30 seccond kills easily by tabbed attacking, hitting with one country at a time and tanning over to another that was ready set.

We even made a 3 seccond 186 hit BR kill with 6 hitters.

It's extremely simple to do and just because you arnt good at it you want it banned?

I suck at stocking, it shouldn't be allowed!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

gambit Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:52:58

i do use firefox... others use other browsers... so please do some tests on your own before throwing out accusations

and i do use f5, enter... which means i have to manually press 2 buttons for each of my attacks... and i can still turn out about 10 hits per second

using some sort of refresh-all thing sounds like it would be more hassle than its actually worth... just to shave off a few seconds from a killrun
Natural Born Killer

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:56:59

Only newbs use firefox :P
NBK

mrford Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 19:59:09

Refresh all in FF is more harmful than you would think

you would have to confirm on every coutry, every hit. I have tried it before.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 20:00:13

Thats 16 countries hitting at once... Hmm I can think of only one situation where it would be to your advantage.
NBK

mrford Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 20:04:11

No, it's not really 16 hittig at once really

it's F5, then hitting enter and tabbing over to hit enter again 16 times in a row, then F5 again

I don't really see how that's any better than running ready down on one then moving to the next lower break country.

I'll set one at break, one at half break, one at half that, and the last at half that.

I can run 19 hits per on all 4 in well under 15 secconds
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ZDH Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 20:09:39

stupid.
-BigZ

gambit Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 20:31:47

stupid fat
Natural Born Killer

aponic Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 21:35:44

To be completely honest I did not read any of this. Prior to last reset I ran a macro program with firefox in AlphaFFA (the test server). I talked to Pang on IRC and he said that scripting of that kind is against the rules so I stopped bothering.

To this point:

Running a macro is not faster than manual hitting. It is simply convenient for build schemes and selling commodeties on all countries. It is relatively easy for the admins to check out whether or not someone is using scripting/macros/etc, so simply message them on IRC.

We were running 8 second kills this reset, admittedly with little breaking. 20 second kills with breaking aren't too hard either. NBK's strategy in war, more than anything, is to hit with speed. If Cerevisi can kill in 20-30 seconds with any kind of effort, it is no surprise that NBK averages under 45 seconds on all their kills.

Firefox blows for speed hitting. FYI.
SOF
Cerevisi

Popcom Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 22:11:28

i didn't read any of the thread cause i assume pain is trolling and isn't really that stupid.
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Sauron NBK Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 22:48:00

pain your stupidity amazes me. Crippler was spouting the same crap to me on irc the other night. This has been explained alread to you several times in this thread yet you still claim that we use a script like a stubborn child.

we do not use any script or macro, and its not on firefox. most of us have multiple tabs open in internet explorer and set them up to hit before hand. I usually only do three one to break one to mid break and one to finish, takes about 30 seconds to run all. you see the attacks are pre set up, once we are done hitting with one (incase you dont know we hit so fast by mashin the enter buttin in ee doeent worf for ff) we go to the next tab and start hitting with that one.

Figured maybe if we spelt it out for them word by word they'd get it? I doubt it.

Edited By: Sauron NBK on Feb 12th 2011, 22:51:20
See Original Post

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Feb 12th 2011, 23:13:31

Sauron:
Originally posted by Popcom:
i didn't read any of the thread cause i assume pain is trolling and isn't really that stupid.

:P

NOW3P Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 23:19:49

It seems Pain's attempt at Irony is lost on more than a few folks here....

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 23:34:43

Well he was basically accusing us of running a script, which is cheating. How do you think people will react to that :P
NBK

NOW3P Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 23:37:07

Look past what he actually posted to what was being implied about other topics....

I believe they call that satire.

Unless of course, he was actually being serious....in which case yes, dumbest post of the day by far.

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Feb 12th 2011, 23:37:36

well people who have nothing to hide would not really react to much ;)

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 23:38:38

The first topic was ridiculous, but this one is more so :P
NBK

gambit Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 23:44:11

Originally posted by Dark TwizTid:
well people who have nothing to hide would not really react to much ;)

hmm twizy... sounds kinda familiar...
Natural Born Killer

Pain Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 0:38:57

operation: panty bunch

SUCESS!

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 0:44:20

Sure sure :P

Gonna kill some more of your countries now :P
NBK

Pain Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 0:52:06

i guess i wasnt clear although i thought i was, i never said NBK was cheating? nor did i ever say i cared what techniques they used.

the whole point of this thread was to point out that its pretty hypocritical to chastize people for strategys/techniques they use to play the game when those people dont have any issues with they way you play the game. there is nothing unfair or damaging with self farming, anyone can do it. im also not sure why a warring alliance gives 2 flying fluffs what a netting alliance does. you guys keep using this "it doesnt allow interaction" reasoning, yet you fail to realize if people that do self farm arent able to they will just explore and now your ruining thier experience because they cant play the way they choose and not cause anyone to "interact"

what you fail to realize is what DOES hurt the game is warring clans attacking netting clans because they refuse to play the way warring alliances want them to. do you understand what im saying here? youre trying to dictate how people should play the game. id just as quickly quit playing the game before i let you tell me how i should play.

mrford Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 0:58:10

SOMEONE CALL THE WAAAAAAAAMBULANCE
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pain Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 1:05:13

ford lick my taint you chevy owning fag.

:)

mrford Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 1:06:27

WAAAAAAAMBULANCE!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

KyleCleric Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 1:07:16

i don't like people using self farming to create war countries. i don't like people putting themselves in DR instead of using real defense.

Those are my concerns involving self farming.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Pain Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 1:10:44

so be smart and catch them in between DR's :)

synoder Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 2:44:29

tried that twice, got suicided twice. lol once by panlv while we were at war btw. like I said in the other thread, if self farmers were ok being grabbed and warred on occasion then I dont have a problem with it.

Pain Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 3:42:26

i dont see the relation to self farming and warring, but yea i dont see what they could do about getting hit. noone LIKES to get hit, and thats why you try to pact as many people as possible

aponic Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 3:54:08

I don't care about people self-farming even though we dropped it as a tag. I do think putting yourself into DR is pretty gay though.
SOF
Cerevisi

Pain Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 3:56:40

beats doing all the work gaining the land then having a bunch of people come steal it.

i think its a legit strat early on while you gaining the land, once you stopped self farming and built the acres you should have some defense, period.

to be clear i have never done the DR thing nor have i self farmed in several sets. but god damnit ill fight for everyones right to do it. :)

Drinks Game profile

Feb 13th 2011, 3:56:55

Originally posted by Pain:
Originally posted by Kill4Free:

wow it didnt take long for someone to say exactly what i expected.

"anyone can do this"

im sorry is there something i missed where anyone CANT self farm also?

That is all that needs to be said. Thanks Pain!
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic