Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2024, 22:35:32

I’m out of the loop having not played much the last year or so, and the forums don’t tell much of a story atm. Grapevine told me tho that Monsters is getting attacked by Mercs and co.

I find that extremely interesting because of the power vacuum effect described by William Golding. Typically when a tyrant loses power, it opens a vacuum in which another tyrant essentially perpetuates the same problems as their predecessors. For example, Iran has had dozens of revolutions led primarily by the people, but you can count on one hand the number of just leaders they’ve had in the last two millennia.

Even so, I just found myself curious why people would come after the old heads and gentlemen of the game. They’re typically the nicest diplomacy cats so I got curious and didn’t see anything on the forums so why not ask publicly? So what gives?

I’m sure it’s probably some LaF hunting going on, but figured I’d ask on behalf of some old friends and allies. Typically if diplomacy broke down with Monsters, you never tried diplomacy. It’s sort of the opposite argument than LaF being terrible at it. Typically they’re very good at it and solutions to problems are very very easy.

I’ll be the first to say bullying people without any attempts at diplomacy would more or less make you guys hypocrites in sermonizing tolerance while skimming for a ministry to pretzel. My feelings unabashed.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 27th 2024, 22:40:36
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2024, 22:57:28

I disagree with your assessment.

Mercs is not attacking Monsters.

Snoopdawg Game profile

Jan 27th 2024, 23:06:56

maybe you should look at who killed #69 when monsters couldn't get it done

Suicidal Game profile

Jan 27th 2024, 23:19:20

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
I’m out of the loop having not played much the last year or so, and the forums don’t tell much of a story atm. Grapevine told me tho that Monsters is getting attacked by Mercs and co.

I find that extremely interesting because of the power vacuum effect described by William Golding. Typically when a tyrant loses power, it opens a vacuum in which another tyrant essentially perpetuates the same problems as their predecessors. For example, Iran has had dozens of revolutions led primarily by the people, but you can count on one hand the number of just leaders they’ve had in the last two millennia.

Even so, I just found myself curious why people would come after the old heads and gentlemen of the game. They’re typically the nicest diplomacy cats so I got curious and didn’t see anything on the forums so why not ask publicly? So what gives?

I’m sure it’s probably some LaF hunting going on, but figured I’d ask on behalf of some old friends and allies. Typically if diplomacy broke down with Monsters, you never tried diplomacy. It’s sort of the opposite argument than LaF being terrible at it. Typically they’re very good at it and solutions to problems are very very easy.

I’ll be the first to say bullying people without any attempts at diplomacy would more or less make you guys hypocrites in sermonizing tolerance while skimming for a ministry to pretzel. My feelings unabashed.

Just like Blackhole. Stirring the pot and no one cares about what you think. At least Blackhole plays the game and doesn't seek attention with post like this.

g0nz0 Game profile

Jan 27th 2024, 23:23:16

I’m sure it’s probably some LaF hunting going on

The fluff was the point of this thread DerfluffiN? You and everyone else already knew the answer. bonass

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 27th 2024, 23:33:19

Derrick wtf kind of BS post is this?

You literally posted on the Evo thread and said the following meaning you know exactly what went on….

DerrickICN
EE Patron
Jan 21st 2024, 6:39:29
Hmm. Read the thread and I don’t not support cath. I’m likely to the same thing under the same circumstances. Kudos to the boy for being honest

Edited By: SuperFly on Jan 27th 2024, 23:43:41

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2024, 0:03:56

Nah. Turns out even that is wrong g0nz0. It’s a couple old mercs but nothing remotely affiliated.

Sounds a bit more like the very fringes of the war folks attacking folks for having opposing views to them. It’s a valid point, I think, to point out treehuggers don’t have protection without war allies.

Hard to blame established tags at all for it tho. People love to be entrenched, you know? If you feel like saying something, go ahead and say it Supa. I don’t know fluff unless you say it on the forums. That’s why I’m asking.

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Jan 28th 2024, 0:06:40

I don’t see a single mercs attack on monsters.

Case closed take your thoughts else where

If mercs wanted to kill monster we would have at the start of the set when we had some retal issuie. Instead we worked them out and went on our merry way

Edited By: galleri on Jan 28th 2024, 0:37:39. Reason: *Merry for Marry. Unless you married Monsters :P
See Original Post
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 28th 2024, 0:40:40

Nah. Turns out even that is wrong g0nz0. It’s a couple old mercs but nothing remotely affiliated.

Sounds a bit more like the very fringes of the war folks attacking folks for having opposing views to them. It’s a valid point, I think, to point out treehuggers don’t have protection without war allies.

Hard to blame established tags at all for it tho. People love to be entrenched, you know? If you feel like saying something, go ahead and say it Supa. I don’t know fluff unless you say it on the forums. That’s why I’m asking.

I wasn’t aware that Josey Wales and Cath were considered war folks. I thought both have been considered netting folks for their entire earth careers.
Also I wasn’t aware that they were also old Mercs folks either.

Now if you are referring to me the guy who was in xLaFx now Suicidal tag. Then sure i am a war folk and sure I joined in on a kill run to kill James bond. Shouldn’t be much of a surprise that I’d accept an offer to war someone especially one of my favorite nemesis…

Next round I’ll be teaming up with Black Hole and we will be without prejudice hitting PDM. You are most welcome to join us on our crusade against the mighty dictator Douglas…

Edited By: SuperFly on Jan 28th 2024, 0:48:23

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2024, 3:47:47

Idk who attacked monsters but it’s definitely not mercs.

Derrick why would you even slander us like that? No wonder fratboi99 targets you all the time. You make false statements like bhole.

Doug Game profile

Jan 28th 2024, 7:55:48

Originally posted by SuperFly:

I wasn’t aware that Josey Wales and Cath were considered war folks. I thought both have been considered netting folks for their entire earth careers.

Now if you are referring to me the guy who was in xLaFx now Suicidal tag. Then sure i am a war folk and sure I joined in on a kill run to kill James bond. Shouldn’t be much of a surprise that I’d accept an offer to war someone especially one of my favorite nemesis…

Next round I’ll be teaming up with Black Hole and we will be without prejudice hitting PDM. You are most welcome to join us on our crusade against the mighty dictator Douglas…

You spelled flufftaster wrong. putz.
Paradigm VP/Senator
My Discord: twink_attack
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM hFa issues.
His Discord: happytheexceed

Doug Game profile

Jan 28th 2024, 7:55:48

Originally posted by SuperFly:

You spelled dixtaster wrong. putz.
Paradigm VP/Senator

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 28th 2024, 10:42:57

Just decide which 5 ways you want it spelled.
All tastes the same.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Suicidal Game profile

Jan 28th 2024, 14:55:35

Originally posted by galleri:
Just decide which 5 ways you want it spelled.
All tastes the same.

From someone who would know.

( you made that one toooo easy)

Chevs

Jan 28th 2024, 20:35:07

OMG someone pushed buttons in the game!?

WTF

so anyway
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2024, 17:04:06

Ahh cmon. Y’all can’t be killing each other and not posting ANYTHING about it. It’s flat out rude to us NPCs Supa. This game is 5 seconds of running turns and 24 hours of smack talk. You need to pick it up some, else I’m joining Doug.

Suicidal Game profile

Jan 29th 2024, 20:13:29

Ahh cmon. Y’all can’t be killing each other and not posting ANYTHING about it. It’s flat out rude to us NPCs Supa. This game is 5 seconds of running turns and 24 hours of smack talk. You need to pick it up some, else I’m joining Doug.

No one cares what you do

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2024, 21:21:24

who cares, game is dead and has been for a long time
Don of LaF

Aphrodite777 Game profile

Jan 30th 2024, 1:20:09

Game cant be dead if people are still playing it
Team - Bad4u
Alliance - SoL HFA
FFA - LoC

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 30th 2024, 1:44:09

I owe no one nothing now days. Sui and I do whatever we want as we are having fun on our last days here.

I suggest you all do the same

Edited By: SuperFly on Jan 30th 2024, 2:04:02. Reason: Cuz I felt like editing. Duh!
See Original Post

BEM684 Game profile

Jan 30th 2024, 15:08:30

Originally posted by Aphrodite777:
Game cant be dead if people are still playing it

That depends on your definition of dead doesn't it. I think if you asked anyone who doesn't play this game whether it's dead - and especially if you explained the history vs today, etc - 90% of people would agree it died ages ago. It can still be fun, but for all intents and purposes we're fluffing a corpse here.

Doug Game profile

Jan 30th 2024, 15:41:33

Maybe “on life support” is better than “dead” lol
Paradigm VP/Senator

Suicidal Game profile

Jan 30th 2024, 16:45:50

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:

Then leave....no one, not even you will be missed. mebbe WeeZy will be missed if he leaves.

MrEd Game profile

Jan 30th 2024, 17:24:29

Ok

MrEd Game profile

Feb 4th 2024, 21:51:33

For sure there are some rude cats in this game.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2024, 19:01:18

Originally posted by MrEd:

For sure there are some rude cats in this game.

Shut up, other word for Kitty.

Vamps Game profile

Feb 26th 2024, 3:19:07

PEOPLE ARE FINALLY GETTING IT. IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Chevs

Feb 26th 2024, 3:48:02

Gerdler and Hash killed LaF. Change my mind.

SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 26th 2024, 17:06:29

You mean the era of "Pompous and Poor" ?

No argument.

SuperFly Game profile

Feb 26th 2024, 19:23:55

Originally posted by Chevs:
Gerdler and Hash killed LaF. Change my mind.

I’d say that the majority of the player base had enough of “LaF” and they killed them. Due to management and corporate policies rubbing everyone the wrong way of course.

What do I know. I am just a griefer trash player…

Snoopdawg Game profile

Feb 27th 2024, 17:59:05

LaF must have known ClanGDI was not comig back this set

hmmm wonder how they could have known when the rest of us couldn't find out squat??

mystery?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 27th 2024, 18:39:11

Originally posted by Snoopdawg:

hmmm wonder how they could have known when the rest of us couldn't find out squat??

mystery?

Announcements
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 27th 2024, 18:41:42

Originally posted by Vamps:

PEOPLE ARE FINALLY GETTING IT. IT'S HAPPENING!!!

I mean......this game is like crack, everyone knows it is bad for you, even the hardcore crackheads, but they do it anyway....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Snoopdawg Game profile

Feb 27th 2024, 21:01:24

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Originally posted by Snoopdawg:

mystery?

Announcements

link please

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 10th 2024, 23:11:05

sorry.. sucks to your azzmar has been a thing in earth since 1997.
:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!