Sep 25th 2023, 13:23:37

Prayers all is well. Keep powering on
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 25th 2023, 18:17:53

Thank you!

I'm recovering, had labs done this morning and if my doctor approves it I'm good to go for RCHOP infusion tomorrow at the clinic, I feel good and all numbers look good 👍
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

BlackHole Game profile

Sep 25th 2023, 21:11:39

Glad to hear it Ko - keep it up!

Mrredmanbhs Game profile

Sep 26th 2023, 0:43:05

Fk cancer!
-MrRedManbhs

Link Game profile

Sep 26th 2023, 12:08:22

Originally posted by Mrredmanbhs:
Fk cancer!

+2
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

HEMPMAN1 Game profile

Sep 28th 2023, 16:46:45

Keep up the fight KoH! And remember selenium supplements are your friend!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 28th 2023, 16:54:03

Yes Sir!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 5th 2023, 18:36:52

**Updated**

Yesterday I had a CAT scan done...I still have dark spots in my bones so they ordered a PET scan, now the insurance has to approve it because there's reason for it, before they didn't approve it because they wanted the CAT scan first.

I have 1 more RCHOP infusion at the clinic and 3 Methotrexate at hospital but my doctor wants to see the PET scan and most likely do another lumbar puncture to see if cancer cells are dying or still reproducing, that's critical information we need to determine how many more Methotrexate treatments I need and if it's working.

Looking good though, lymphnotes have shrunk quite a bit so that's great, but the main concern is what are the cancer cells in my spinal fluid doing and we won't know that til we dig in deeper.

Looking forward to knowing more!
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 5th 2023, 19:31:14

💪

Beat its ass!

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 6th 2023, 13:39:15

Thanks for the update, KoH - hoping for the best!

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 6th 2023, 21:39:53

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
**Updated**

Yesterday I had a CAT scan done...I still have dark spots in my bones so they ordered a PET scan, now the insurance has to approve it because there's reason for it, before they didn't approve it because they wanted the CAT scan first.

I have 1 more RCHOP infusion at the clinic and 3 Methotrexate at hospital but my doctor wants to see the PET scan and most likely do another lumbar puncture to see if cancer cells are dying or still reproducing, that's critical information we need to determine how many more Methotrexate treatments I need and if it's working.

Looking good though, lymphnotes have shrunk quite a bit so that's great, but the main concern is what are the cancer cells in my spinal fluid doing and we won't know that til we dig in deeper.

Looking forward to knowing more!

High hopes, good luck vibes, and well wishes sent your way on this, KoH.

now im nothing Game profile

Oct 6th 2023, 21:55:33

Ditto ^^^
less defined as days go by. Fading away well you might say I am losing the focus. Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 6th 2023, 22:03:51

Thanks everyone ❤️
(•_•)

LightBringer Game profile

Oct 8th 2023, 13:32:02

Keep up the fight KoH! You’re awesome!
Hello

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 31st 2023, 19:12:57

Wishing you a happy and hairless Halloween!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 31st 2023, 19:18:28

Originally posted by Tertius:
Wishing you a happy and hairless Halloween!

Yup lol thanks! And likewise minus the hairless haha

Looking forward to Methotrexate treatment #4 next week, possibly this weekend, I'll know more on Friday when I see my oncologist, also she will have my PET scan results!
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 2nd 2023, 17:22:09

**Update**

The PET scan was good, nothing new other than I'm neutropenic, all lymphnotes have shrunk and cancer in the bones has not advanced, we won't do Methotrexate until another 2 weeks, she wants my body to recover on its own without artificial stimulation of the bone marrow, spinal tap will happen next time I'm in the hospital and that will tell us what the spinal fluid cancer cells are doing and wether I'll need more Methotrexate, all in all I'm doing good, tomorrow I'll be getting a bone vitamin infusion to help my bones heal from the damage caused by the cancer, I'm not out of the woods yet but there is improvement!

We keep kicking cancer ass! ❤️💪
(•_•)

Anarchist Game profile

Nov 2nd 2023, 21:46:56

**Update**

The PET scan was good, nothing new other than I'm neutropenic, all lymphnotes have shrunk and cancer in the bones has not advanced, we won't do Methotrexate until another 2 weeks, she wants my body to recover on its own without artificial stimulation of the bone marrow, spinal tap will happen next time I'm in the hospital and that will tell us what the spinal fluid cancer cells are doing and wether I'll need more Methotrexate, all in all I'm doing good, tomorrow I'll be getting a bone vitamin infusion to help my bones heal from the damage caused by the cancer, I'm not out of the woods yet but there is improvement!

We keep kicking cancer ass! ❤️💪

Good to hear keep the good fight up

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 2nd 2023, 22:08:47

Logged in to tell you:
You really are fluffing up cancer.
Keep bombing that fluff!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

guochel Game profile

Nov 4th 2023, 15:12:32

good luck, koh! destroy that fluffing cancer!

SuperFly Game profile

Nov 4th 2023, 18:41:53

Wishing you all the best brother KoH. Keep up the fight!

Dale duro papi

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 4th 2023, 19:01:28

Thanks everyone ❤️
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2023, 21:17:00

**Update**

Alright, I'm at hospital for my 4th high dose Methotrexate treatment, tomorrow I'll have a lumbar puncture to see what the cancer is doing in my spinal fluid and brain, we are hoping for dead cancer cells 🤞.

Wish me luck!

Love you all ❤️
(•_•)

momo Game profile

Nov 17th 2023, 14:50:06

**Update**

Alright, I'm at hospital for my 4th high dose Methotrexate treatment, tomorrow I'll have a lumbar puncture to see what the cancer is doing in my spinal fluid and brain, we are hoping for dead cancer cells 🤞.

Wish me luck!

Love you all ❤️

Good Luck KOH!!!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2023, 20:03:49

Thank you brother!

Day 3 and doing great, last time on day 3 I couldn't get out of bed, I did 3 laps walking around the hospital few minutes ago, I feel excellent 👍

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Nov 18th 2023, 20:09:04
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2023, 17:47:58

**Update**

Well, that was an intense day yesterday, it started with little bit of pain behind my neck and upper shoulders area about 1:30am of Monday (yesterday) by 4am I had lots of discomfort in abdomen and lower chest area, got an X-ray 30 minutes later and it confirmed that my bowel were full, so started taking measures to alleviate that, all was going well till I started with intense chest and neck pain about 11am that just got worse with every minute, I couldn't even breathe right, Oncologist walked in my room and when he saw me he immediately made a call and a minute later my room turned into an ICU, doctors, nurses, monitors more IV going to my arms, I had all the symptoms of a heart attack, within 5 minutes I was taken few floors down for an MRI of chest, neck and head, then back to my room and more tests including ultrasound of my heart upper chest area and neck, spent the rest of the day managing my pain that was 10/10 and shortness of breath until they could determine what treatment i could get, by 7 pm my breathing started improving after getting steroids and by 11pm pain had started to diminish, this morning I feel good, just soreness where tbe pain was yesterday, Cardiologist was here couple hours ago with the good news that it wasn't a heart attack or anything wrong with the heart, everything checks out and they concluded that it was a side effect of the methotrexate, so if my oncologist gives me his blessings today i get to go home!

Intense day yesterday LOL, glad my heart is good 😊
(•_•)

AndrewMose Game profile

Nov 21st 2023, 18:00:25

Keep up the good fight.

momo Game profile

Nov 22nd 2023, 2:53:54

**Update**

Well, that was an intense day yesterday, it started with little bit of pain behind my neck and upper shoulders area about 1:30am of Monday (yesterday) by 4am I had lots of discomfort in abdomen and lower chest area, got an X-ray 30 minutes later and it confirmed that my bowel were full, so started taking measures to alleviate that, all was going well till I started with intense chest and neck pain about 11am that just got worse with every minute, I couldn't even breathe right, Oncologist walked in my room and when he saw me he immediately made a call and a minute later my room turned into an ICU, doctors, nurses, monitors more IV going to my arms, I had all the symptoms of a heart attack, within 5 minutes I was taken few floors down for an MRI of chest, neck and head, then back to my room and more tests including ultrasound of my heart upper chest area and neck, spent the rest of the day managing my pain that was 10/10 and shortness of breath until they could determine what treatment i could get, by 7 pm my breathing started improving after getting steroids and by 11pm pain had started to diminish, this morning I feel good, just soreness where tbe pain was yesterday, Cardiologist was here couple hours ago with the good news that it wasn't a heart attack or anything wrong with the heart, everything checks out and they concluded that it was a side effect of the methotrexate, so if my oncologist gives me his blessings today i get to go home!

Intense day yesterday LOL, glad my heart is good 😊

Jesus, Mary and Joseph what a day. Glad everything turned out okay, keep going KOH!!!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2023, 3:30:51

Yeah was intense, home now 👍
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 14th 2023, 21:15:59

**Update**

I'm at hospital now, Methotrexate infusion #5 of 6, I'm also getting a lumbar puncture today to see what the cancer cells are doing in my spinal fluid and brain, we're hoping for dead cells!
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2023, 19:11:10

**Update**

Waiting to be discharged from hospital, completed methotrexate treatment #5.....

And great news peeps, my lumbar puncture results are back, negative for cancer cells in my spinal fluid, we have won a very important battle in killing the cancer cells I had in there, next step is to proceed with the final methotrexate treatment for precaution since this is a very aggressive cancer and sneaky, they tend to come back and when they do they're more powerful so we're going to take all necessary precautions to keep that from happening, then in February I will have another lumbar puncture and a ton of labs plus scans to see where my bone cancer stands, and go from there...but we won a significant battle ❤️
(•_•)

AndrewMose Game profile

Dec 19th 2023, 19:57:57

thanks for the update and glad to hear this! Well played!

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2023, 22:10:27

Damn, great news! Pretty nice present for the holidays.

SuperFly Game profile

Dec 20th 2023, 7:15:58

Glad to hear you winning bro. Keep strong and have some Christmas tamales, tacos and pupusas to regain that strength

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 11th 2024, 15:59:22

Okay.... Methotrexate treatment #6 of 6 is today.....let's see how my last treatment goes, about to head to clinic for labs then off to the hospital for 6 days ....

I'll keep ya posted, thank you for your support everyone!

❤️
(•_•)

Zorp Game profile

Jan 30th 2024, 8:05:03

fluff em up!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 31st 2024, 1:32:59

**Update**

Done with phase 1 of this war on my cancer, 12 rounds of chemo are behind us and up next is a series of scans and tests, had a brain scan last Sunday and PET scan yesterday...

I learned something new about my cancer today during my oncologist appointment, I had 2 tumors in my brain......they're gone now, she was reviewing my brain scan from Sunday and comparing it to my brain scan from June and showed me the difference and I was like .. "Are those tumors" and she said "yes" and I just laughed because I didn't even know I had tumors in my brain LOL, one in the frontal lobe and the other one where the spinal cord connects to the brain, that's the one that would've been deadly if the methotrexate didn't destroy it, impossible to remove surgically, my PET scan was also good but we're going to do another in April because 2 lymph nodes are still showing activity and it could be that it's only been couple weeks since my last chemo.

Up next is another lumbar puncture and few other scans that have been ordered but not scheduled yet, on February 28th I'll have a bone marrow biopsy done then go from there.

Thank you for the support everyone 🙏❤️

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Jan 31st 2024, 1:56:35
(•_•)

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 31st 2024, 1:39:31

Damn, knocking out cancers you didn't even know existed -great update!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 31st 2024, 1:57:59

Thanks yeah crazy, only person that knew was my youngest sister that has access to my chart and she thought I already knew 😂
(•_•)

Crackhead Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 31st 2024, 3:34:20

Awesome Koh...great to hear

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 1st 2024, 12:22:13

Thanks yeah crazy, only person that knew was my youngest sister that has access to my chart and she thought I already knew 😂

I still swear you told me about those.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2024, 17:45:47

Originally posted by galleri:

I still swear you told me about those.

No I didn't know I had them til day before yesterday, I knew there was cancer cells present in my spinal fluid but nothing about the tumors.
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 4th 2024, 18:16:34

**Update**

I had a bone marrow biopsy done last week and the results are in, negative for cancer cells in the bone marrow, we're winning the war!

I got 3 MRI coming up this week plus my visit to OHSU for phase 2 of the treatment plan 👍

Let's Gooooo!
(•_•)

Dallas Game profile

Mar 4th 2024, 18:33:14

FFA boards have been dead for years ..I started reading these boards that I've never ever read not to long ago..I am very sorry to have read this was happening to you KoH or anyone for that matter..I am very thankful to God for the good news and blessings that you have received regarding this...GL, God Bless you and stay strong!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 4th 2024, 18:41:38

Originally posted by Dallas:
FFA boards have been dead for years ..I started reading these boards that I've never ever read not to long ago..I am very sorry to have read this was happening to you KoH or anyone for that matter..I am very thankful to God for the good news and blessings that you have received regarding this...GL, God Bless you and stay strong!

Thank you brother, good to see you!
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 20th 2024, 22:57:11

**Update**

Just got back home from OHSU and phase 2 of the treatment isn't going to happen, I've been getting all kinds of tests done in the past 3 weeks in preparation for the stem cell transplant and unfortunately last week's test didn't fair well for me...

My heart is very weak after enduring 12 chemos, in particular the 6 RCHOP treatments is the one who weakened the ol ticker, my heart is between 35 and 40% and the the threshold is 55%, significantly weaker than the last time it was checked in November and June before I started the chemos.

My lungs are also damaged and this was most likely the pneumonia I caught during treatment that sent me to the ER, my lungs are only processing 55% of the oxygen and the threshold is 80%.

What's next? Well since my body won't survive the stem cell transplant that's off the table, right now the focus is healing my heart and lungs so I'll be referred to a cardiologist for that, so I asked the Oncologist "so what now? Heal and try again later this summer?" He said no, the Lymphoma if it comes back it happens between 3 to 6 months after the last treatment, if it doesn't come back then you're good to go, if it does come back then we will do CAR-T and kill it with that, also CAR-T is no risk and it doesn't matter if your heart and lungs haven't healed yet, so I asked why can't we do that now? And he said the cancer has to be present in your system in order to do that treatment.

Confused yet? LOL So now it's a waiting game with more tests and see what the cardiologist recommends I do to fix my heart, according to the oncologist it'll be medications witch I'm not fond of because as we all know, side effects can be worse than the disease lol.

For now I'm going to focus on healing my body and repairing as much damage possible that was done by this nasty cancer, I'm not safe yet so I will not let my guard down and keep pushing through, I can almost walk normal now without a walker, still difficult to do any normal human activities all day, it is what it is, I still have hella fight in me!

Thank you all for the support ❤️
(•_•)

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 21st 2024, 13:15:40

Glad to hear you're not sick enough for some of those treatments, but sad to hear you've been diagnosed as a grinch (with a heart two sizes two small). Join an old lady's walking group and they'll have you back in shape in no time! =Þ

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2024, 0:05:10

**Update**

Today I had blood work done at the cancer institute and visit with my primary oncologist and she went over my results and what the battle plan is going forward, so this cancer I've got is one of those very aggressive and sneaky so the way we're going to monitor it is by doing periodic scans and lumbar punctures, meanwhile I'll be seen by a cardiologist to address my heart and start treatment for it, I've got a PET scan scheduled for the 12th of April and lumbar puncture hopefully in May.

This cancer has a very high percentage of return and it happens in the first 3 to 6 months in the majority of cases diminishing til the six months period, after that the percentages of it returning are extremely slim, my last chemo was on January 11th so that means the window of highest risk closes July 11th, if and if it does come back then I'll immediately be in the hands of OHSU again to get the CAR-T treatment done to once and for all kill this thing.

My other injuries sustained by the cancer won't be addressed until after we are out of the woods, I'll need a couple surgeries in my spine for sure since the two vertebraes that look like jigsaw puzzles have not healed on their own, fortunately those are easy procedures that don't even require me to be opened up like when they removed the tumors from my vertebraes in my lower back, so hopefully this coming fall I can be back to work and living a normal life again!

We will win this, fluff cancer!

Thank you all for your support! ❤️
(•_•)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2024, 13:11:38

The coolest 3 ppl on EE hands down:
dd, req & koh.

If you don’t know them you’re missing out on the best parts of this game.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2024, 13:36:35

Thanks, Celphi– you're awesome sauce too 💪

Kick its ass KoH!!!