Verified:

QM Diver Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 2:00:23

In regards to the list of servers that take priority when turns/attacks are being gobbed onto EE's main provider?

I'm asking this because the lag is at this time, on FFA is ridiculous. If this is gonna be a normal thing happening, Few will be hangin out very long to play in the FFA...
At other times it isn't AS BAD, but at least tolerable, this is to say, for some....

If Alliance people start warring, for example, do they have priority over the FFA, as far as the processes needed to fulfill?

Or, is it the size? I was hoping to hear that there's a huge umbilical cable running in and out of these souped up puters, that just haven't yet been up and running...

Obviously unsophisticated is me, in these areas. This is why I'm inquiring..

Thanks for only posting an intelligent reply.
(I know how tough this is for some, around here!)

QM
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Crippler ICD Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 2:24:05

im pretty sure they are all the same main server, so connection is always split between all servers.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Raging Budda Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 2:56:48

It was been bad, single attacks taking over 5 secs to return the results.
Your base is mine!

synoder Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 3:00:04

yeah I have noticed some pretty bad lag over the last couple of weeks. It is off an on though, not constant.

KeTcHuP Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 3:08:05

its because of war in alliance.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

snawdog Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 3:25:19

Yea..at LEAST 5 secs for returns on a single grab...Speed hitting atm is not possible.
I hope this is something fixable ,and not to be the norm..I could not take it very long.
ICQ 364553524
msn

Dragon Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 3:58:04

Things always seem slower and worse when you're getting your ass kicked. Trust me, I know.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 5th 2011, 4:11:48

Priority is not based on the server. This is probably the problem:

Currently Logged in: 216

It was probably even higher at 2:00 GT.

Edited By: Slagpit on Mar 5th 2011, 4:47:09
See Original Post

crazyserb Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 4:35:47

is this something that will be looked after if we start getting more people to play?

Junky Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 5:01:58

fun war happening :-)
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

iNouda Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 14:13:57

Originally posted by Slagpit:

So what you're saying is, even if we do manage to get boatloads more people to join/play EE, we won't have the bandwidth to handle all that potential traffic? Might as well as stick with the current crowd.

PapaSmurf Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 15:33:57

It was bad last night.

Ozzite Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 16:16:44

Originally posted by iNouda:
Originally posted by Slagpit:

So what you're saying is, even if we do manage to get boatloads more people to join/play EE, we won't have the bandwidth to handle all that potential traffic? Might as well as stick with the current crowd.

If there were boatlods of more players, the admins could probably justify spending more money on bandwidth :-P

If you want fluff to go faster, there is a donate button for a reason =]
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

synoder Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 16:31:39

Lets have an EE garage sale to raise money.

QM Diver Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 18:04:00

Bandwidth, eh?

What seems strange to me, if you look at #4183's news..
You'll see that for some. in a peak time period, how can some pull off numbers like these, (ie. 5, 6, and 7 concurrent hits per second) while at the same time, other players, as shown above, are lucky to see the result show up within 5 seconds!
I'm assuming we are all talking about a broadband/DSL connection. (Not a dial up)

I certainly don't have the answers, but something sure seems a bit fishy, here! Why wouldn't this affect everyone the same?

So, far, Ketchup, I cannot believe Alliance would be using near the bandwidth, that would slow it down for everyone. There's only one country per player there.
There aren't 16 countries per player. I mean how long does it take for an average sized clan to finish a kill run, in Alliance?

We've had many clans in FFA warring at the same time, and not had THIS kind of lag..

I'm hoping for a more than, '200 plus players are logged in', being the single explanation for this.. I'm looking for something/someone that's gonna say that this is NOT going to be the new norm. In my opinion, the bandwidth is something that ISN'T where you tighten the budget's belt..

I also understand and identify with Dragon's view.

Edited By: QM Diver on Mar 5th 2011, 18:09:04. Reason: Added verbage'
See Original Post
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

kemo Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 18:25:19

last night it was a serious lag fest '11. one guy died a whole 30 seconds before the news showed it
all praised to ra

Angryjesus Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 19:04:39

You'll see that for some. in a peak time period, how can some pull off numbers like these, (ie. 5, 6, and 7 concurrent hits per second) while at the same time, other players, as shown above, are lucky to see the result show up within 5 seconds!
I'm assuming we are all talking about a broadband/DSL connection. (Not a dial up)

nbk looking for warring secrets from pan eh? hehehehe

synoder Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 20:03:58

I think its cause once you get to the attack screen you can spam hit without the page loading which is why someone can put in a bunch of hits while the server is lagging. But if that person were to try and go back and change the break it would lag.

Link Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 0:40:56

sometimes its pretty slow lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

QM Diver Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 2:40:34

Originally posted by Angryjesus:

nbk looking for warring secrets from pan eh? hehehehe

NBK DOES strive for excellence in killing! This is completely true!!

:P
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

QM Diver Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 21:57:17

TTT

Some solutions from someone more educated, regarding this problem, would be swell!

As it still sucks, in a BIG way..

Natural Born Killers
PreZ

aliyah Game profile

Mar 6th 2011, 22:05:04

This is really odd. I have never seen anything like this before. I am okay if a country dies, but if I am online and watching it die but cannot get to any pages insite, then there is a problem somewhere. I click on links, and the pages just freeze. All the while, more hits are going through. Even if I cancel the page's attempt at loading and try again, nothing happens.

Keep in mind, this is not only happening with countries being hit. I have witnessed it while playing startups as well. Every other page I go to outside of EE workes beautifully and does not get stuck.

As much as I would like to continue playing, if this will be the case in the future, I will have to stop. LOL. I don't have the time to sit around all day watchin my clock while pages do or do not load.
ALIYAH
TINY BUT MIGHTY!
HEAR ME RAWR!

LCN Spellchecker in training

QM Diver Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 10:43:07

I agree, Ali..

We need an explanation!

And we need to know that this is something that has been done, that can just as quickly be undone..

It's SO frustrating..

Hopefully This will be replied to, soon..

Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Ozzite Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 10:51:31

I am talking about the fact that the game(all servers), forums, qzGT, IRC server, IRC news bots, and EE API (for all clan hosting pulling all info every second) is hosted by qz on his own home internet. He has a 10 d / 1 u package. As far as I know from speaking with qz and admins is that they think they can add some optimizations to fix it, but that problem is capped upload rates with the current internet package. It would cost about 1k / year given the current situation to get qz better internet.

START THE FUND :-P
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 14:10:07

Originally posted by aliyah:
This is really odd. I have never seen anything like this before. I am okay if a country dies, but if I am online and watching it die but cannot get to any pages insite, then there is a problem somewhere. I click on links, and the pages just freeze. All the while, more hits are going through. Even if I cancel the page's attempt at loading and try again, nothing happens.

Keep in mind, this is not only happening with countries being hit. I have witnessed it while playing startups as well. Every other page I go to outside of EE workes beautifully and does not get stuck.

As much as I would like to continue playing, if this will be the case in the future, I will have to stop. LOL. I don't have the time to sit around all day watchin my clock while pages do or do not load.

for the most part, only the war script is effected, so if your dying, you have an advantage over the attackers atm :P

bring those countries out of vacation, we'll expierment.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 7th 2011, 16:07:06

I hope this gets worked out soon. I want Mr. Ford and Makinso to be able to kill my countries as efficiently as possible.

Pain Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 17:38:37

its not only the war stuff. when it lags it lags everything for me. sometimes i cant even get to the main page. it gives me some kind of error and makes me log out to the portal and reenter the country.
Your mother is a nice woman

aliyah Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 22:31:45

Crippie, somehow I doubt that.

Life is keeping me too busy to play much at the moment. Ask anyone in NBK. You can kill them when they're forced out of vacation. :P I'll be working in the meantime and will have an even more crazy schedule once they are forced out actually if my plans for next week all come together. :)

There is no spring break for me this year! Just working and hanging out with a former elementary school teacher to get some of my credits in before I graduate with my B.S. in rehab services. :)
ALIYAH
TINY BUT MIGHTY!
HEAR ME RAWR!

LCN Spellchecker in training

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 7th 2011, 22:50:39

It's like ozzite said. Start the fund. All I see if fluffing biznitching. ALL THE TIME. You all should be grateful about the fact they recreated this game, with their own funds at one time to keep this game alive for us all.
Come on and have patience and be a little appreciative. This is a free game. If you paid to play this game and pay monthly you would have the right to biznitch.....

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Some Guy

Mar 8th 2011, 19:54:02

^ token "this game is free so quietly accept when things go wrong" post

Dragon Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 20:16:15

One should not criticize the chef when eating a free meal.

QM Diver Game profile

Mar 9th 2011, 9:38:26

Thank you, Ozzite for putting this in perspective..
It makes a lot more sense now that you've taken the time to elaborate a little. It's appreciated.

Some Guy.. NO, NO, NO! You don't sit there quietly and do nothing when things go wrong. If something is fluffed up, you do what you can to help un-fluff it! Whatever, however you can, to contribute aid.
I also don't think that is what Galleri is saying either. Obviously, it isn't a 'Free game'. Somebody is paying to remain online, no?

Think about it like many of us are a "focus group". Don't EVEN think we're not grateful, Galleri!

This wasn't a fluffin thread. First and foremost, it was a 'Oh fluff, we gotta make sure these game developing gurus are aware of this problem. Then they gotta inform us of why the sky isn't really falling.. If ya get my drift?
When I hear of our members frustrated to the point of leaving, I'm gonna do what I can, to get that thought to go away, asap.

I would hope the others who have shared their own experiences here, have also helped the 'gurus' to better understand the problem/s, which can ultimately aid them to find the best options to fix it/them..

It sure sounds like a lot of involved adjustments are necessary, and 9 out of 10 of us have no idea about. I'm certainly one of the 9..

That said, if the current bandwidth is being maxed, I'd be be willing to drop the whole 'bonus' portion of the game's make up, that is if it would help at all to possibly regain some of the "like gold" bandwidth. I know that alone prolly took a bizzillion man hours to make happen. I can only hope that was a worthy suggestion..

A thousand dollars a year? :O( Sure sounds like they gotta distribute, ermm... squeeze every ounce out the current UL max of the connection. I know they got the 'right stuff'. :O)

So, no fluffing! Just fun filled fact finding, and info sharing from the players who know how just figgin flabulous this game has become! We strive to help keep it that way..

On a side note, they have shortened the time they allow you to stay logged in, to both Boxcar and EE.. This I'm sure of. It REALLY would be so much better, if there was a way, NOT to lose a marathon post to the log in screen! Or see I'm getting killed in a country I was in, but when trying to wall, the thing puts you to the main welcome log in screen. So, annoying..

Just sayin..

Nothing but love, for the Game Gurus!

Signed,

QM and other
Gracious Users

Natural Born Killers
PreZ