Verified:

Magellan Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 2:02:01

HOW ABOUT MY MINNESOTA WILD!

Deci Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 2:14:05

Talk all you want, but the real talk if they come to make playoffs, good sir :)
Retired.... and back again.

Mr.Silver

Jul 5th 2012, 2:19:37

they are looking pretty good after that.

but in 10 years those guys will be 38 and still have 3 years left at 7mil cap hit each :P

Magellan Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 2:42:46

Actually Mr. Silver its a very front loaded contract.

Jon Krawczynski of the AP press says the contract is broke down like this for both Praise and Suter.

Structure of #Wild deals (13 yrs, 98M each) for Parise, Suter: $12M, 12M, 11M, 9M (5 yrs), 8M, 6M, 2M, 1M, 1M.

That was as Parise and Suter age, Wild will have more flexibility to add talent around them to reload.

So by the time they are 38 they will be making a only a Million a year.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 5th 2012, 2:54:33

the Wild over paid, for both.

Forum Moderator

Jul 5th 2012, 2:55:09

between them and heatly it will be hard to pay for a supporting cast.

Addition: plus Heatly is way over paid.

Mr.Silver

Jul 5th 2012, 3:02:38

heatley makes less than Horcoff :P

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 3:40:53

Im happy the wild made some significant moves, but Bob McCOWN said it best.

PARISE is not a top 10 player in the league. Why is he making that kind of money?

Suter is a good kid, but is he really worth it($$$)? No.

There were not a lot of high end free agents available. He just happened to be the target of a great bidding war.

Don't get me wrong, the wild did REALLY well, just think they got screwed cap-wise.
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

Mr.Silver

Jul 5th 2012, 3:56:09

Next years UFA pool will be interesting and be good for the teams that saved cash for it.

Iginla
Lupul
Elias
Harnell
Flippula
Perry
Getzlaf
Weiss
Roy
Clowe
Horton
Meittinen
Zajac
Morrow

Elder
Streit
Timonen
GOnchar
Vishnovsky
White

and some fairly big name goalies too

Mr.Silver

Jul 5th 2012, 3:57:50

Originally posted by Magellan:
Actually Mr. Silver its a very front loaded contract.

Jon Krawczynski of the AP press says the contract is broke down like this for both Praise and Suter.

Structure of #Wild deals (13 yrs, 98M each) for Parise, Suter: $12M, 12M, 11M, 9M (5 yrs), 8M, 6M, 2M, 1M, 1M.

That was as Parise and Suter age, Wild will have more flexibility to add talent around them to reload.

So by the time they are 38 they will be making a only a Million a year.

yup, the dollar amount changes per year. But the NHL works Cap hit differently.

The cap hit is a 7mil per year, from what I've read on both of them.

so of the 55mil, 14 goes towards the two. which right now is pretty great. It's in 10 years time that could suck. THen again we might have some crazy inflation and it's a win :)

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 4:09:20

There will be a new CBA or strike in 10 years ;-) Guarentee the cap rises a little. They will claim "cost of living" or some crap. You know when a million bucks just isnt enough to live ;-)
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

Buch Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 4:40:08

If Minnesota can stay healthy we will be a strong team this year in my opinion

locket Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 4:42:24

Maybe some competition for the Canucks this season.

1st- Canucks
2nd- Wild
3rd- Flames
4th- Oilers
5th- Avalanche

Could flip the 4th and 5th predictions for that though. Flames should finish between 6th and 9th I think :P Probably 9th to go with their usual lately. Oil will suck again.

Magellan Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 4:53:18

Well the other thing to remember is there will be a labor dispute soon and from what I have read there will be some changes (i.e. length of contracts).

Maybe I am brain washed because I live in Grand Forks North Dakota home of UND a ton of NHL players played their college hockey here. And Praise was one of them.

Travis Zajac, Jonathan Toews, T.J. Oshie, Drew Stafford are some of the mots popular other players currently in the NHL.

locket Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 4:58:08

lol most popular in the States maybe :P Only Toews has a big following in Canada for obvious reasons.

Magellan Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 5:09:36

Well how many NHL players actually play college hockey!

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 5:16:44

Im a fan of Oshie!!!!!

Wharfed

Jul 5th 2012, 7:00:45

My Avalanche are actually getting better. So y'all can suck it.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

locket Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 7:34:41

I think the Avs might have a bright future too... I just am unsure as to how they will do in comparison to last year since I only payed a bit of attention to them :P

Kaloop

Jul 5th 2012, 19:58:20

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!!!

Forum Moderator

Jul 5th 2012, 20:10:35

The CBA is being negotiated right now, but there is no reason to believe that will impact the length or status of contracts that have already been signed.

That is what makes these contracts even worse: the fact that there is a lot of uncertainty regarding future constraints.

Meanwhile the wild now have 22.5M (almost 1/3 of their cap) tied up in 3 players, 2 of which are going to contribute a combined cap hit of 15M for the next 13 years.

I'm sorry but I can't consider this a wise move on the Wild's part.

andrewmmuller Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 0:33:34

Blackhawks ftw

iScode Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 1:15:41

go red wings!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Cougar Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 1:35:16

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
The CBA is being negotiated right now, but there is no reason to believe that will impact the length or status of contracts that have already been signed.

Other than the fact that the LAST CBA affected contracts that had already been signed, no, there is no evidence.

oats Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 3:49:48

Maybe the team (and all the other teams saddling themselves with long contracts) figure there will be enough changes over the next 10 years to essentially negate the cap hit they plan?

If all the teams do it and it ends up bogging down the league enough then the rules will change to accommodate

Or they can continue inflating the cap... it'll only take 10 years to double so by then 7 mil won't be a whole lot. Parise will be on a third line by then with the cap at 125 mil so he'll just be making slightly above the average player contract.

Forum Moderator

Jul 8th 2012, 15:27:20

errr, the salary rollback in the last CBA affected the salaries paid but not the duration, it also impacted all contracts equally.

It isn't the same circumstance as shortening certain long-term contracts while leaving others untouched. It is an equity issue and wouldn't fly...

KeTcHuP Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 17:36:11

Leafs>all
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 8th 2012, 18:20:29

Winter Classic teams ftw :D
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

KeTcHuP Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 19:04:30

with new CBA i hope they cap contracts at 5-7 years somewhere around there. And cap hit should be ave of 3 highest paid seasons. Then should not make it retroactive. They should calclate it for next year:

Old caphit+new caphit/2 to make it easier for teams who made fluff contract signings like luongo, hossa, lecalvaier ad the wild signings.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

Mr.Silver

Jul 8th 2012, 19:54:48

or allow 99 year Contracts for 1m per year! hehe :P then Edmonton has a chance of keeping some of its players until it can win :)

locket Game profile

Jul 8th 2012, 21:32:44

Edmonton would need about 3 more superstars at 99 years a piece to make the playoffs :P