Verified:

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2013, 8:46:46

Originally posted by Rufus:
Your only rights are the rights you were born with and the government aren't allowed to suppress. However your right does not imply someone's else's obligation to provide it for you. You can speak whatever you want however A&E is not required to broadcast your views and this is not censorship, you can still speak somewhere else. (For the record, I actually agree with this Phil Robertson's views.)

I would make one small correction to this. The only rights you actually have are the ones you are willing to fight for. If you rely on your government to defend your rights, you are indeed powerless to stop the erosion of your rights.

If you give a government all the power it needs to provide you with everything you desire, that same government now has the power to take away everything you have.

I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2013, 8:56:10

Originally posted by Requiem:
Originally posted by Angel1:
I'm not denying that A&E has the right to remove Phil from the show, but to say that this is not censorship is to ignore the facts.

They didn't censor what he said. They said they do not support what he said and do not want him on their network anymore. Different.

Do they have the right to fire Phil for his comments? Maybe, that depends on his contract with them. What they've done to this point is certainly legal, however.

What's your point? In many states employers can fire you for any reason they want, or no reason at all, there are obviously exceptions to this such as fireing someone for being black isn't legal but you get the point right?

Anyways back on subject it's called employment-at-will and it works both ways. You can quit your job anytime you want and your employer can fire you anytime they want. People on TV shows will have a contract, his statements almost 100% voided that contract (I say that without ever seeing the contract!).

Legality, notwithstanding, does not make it the right business decision to make or the right thing to do in general.

I agree and think it was lame they fired him for it. But A&E felt the best thing to do for their brand (A&E brand) was to discontinue his employment. They didn't just willy-nilly do it you can bet your ass there was thought put into it. How do you know what the right decision was for them? Are you an A&E exec? Didn't think so.

See, you were doing just fine until you posted this. This is half the problem, people splitting hairs over trivial bullfluff.

"It's Censorship!", "No it's not because they did air the episode", I'd like to point out that they removed him from the air for his commentary, and that is clearly what i would call censorship, just because they let it through the first time and have taken proactive steps to eliminate the possiblity in the future, and to provide incentive for the rest of the cast to be more cognizant of what they let out of their mouths, does not make it "not censorship" in my book.

When you have to worry about every detail of every word that passes your lips, we are all damned.

Boltar Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 9:00:27

i hope he sues A&E. and he has enuff money without the show to tie it up in court and win

Vic Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 9:14:02

bolty -
disney wallet + hearst family's wallet > phil robertson's wallet

we are talking about someone with maybe 10 million liquid cash vs the hearsts, generational BILLIONAIRES and disney corp (you think a & e is just owned by a & e ? )

they would flip him upside down and own him silly if they wanted to :)

braden Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 10:53:51

like the rest of the world, we weren't beating donitz any time soon. instead, we out ran him, or beat him with numbers and will power and willingness to die. we didn't need to air craft carrier our way across the atlantic, scode, we weren't island hoping in the fluffing pacific. our navy was built to do what we needed it to do. and england and the bolshevik pricks had bullets to shoot because of us.

(and american money, of course)

braden Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 10:55:48

"Third largest Navy on the planet? Are you talking simply hull displacement or total amount of ships?"

technically i am talking everybody elses was at the bottom of the baltic, atlantic, pacific or indian :P

it's funny because everybody was killing everybody

(and vic, walt disney hated the jews.. a bostin catholic.. i'd tread lightly :P)

Edited By: braden on Dec 20th 2013, 10:58:17
See Original Post

MilitantOrgy Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 11:41:14

I think some of the aspects of gay pride is quite silly. Mainly the parades where there are people running around in just their member enhancing undies. I think that undermines everything gay pride festivities were meant to display. But, meh, it's still nice to look at.. ;)

and if people couldn't see that iScode was just being super sarcastic, then you need to remove head from anal cavity ;)

Klown Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 12:55:52

I used to like talking about politics but I recently realized I do not at all care what other people think.

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 13:06:56

I have never seen this show. I had no idea who this guy was before today, but I want you to know how serious I am when I say...
I wish I could grow a beard like that!
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

Trife Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 13:47:47

Originally posted by braden:
says the person who at the drop of a dime will denigrate canadians.

sure, i like poking fun at you canucks, but i think it's clearly seen that it's done as a joke. i dont think you'll ever find where i've complained that you guys have basic human rights :P or that you guys don't deserve them at all. come on, meow

i'd like to think that scode was joking, or that i just missed a clearly sarcastic post, but with his past posting history i dont believe that to be the case

this thread makes me sad. such closed minded views. oh well, i'll take solace in the fact that the ol' bigots are losing ground. each and every day we are getting closer to treating everyone equally. bigots couldn't stop the civil rights movement, and try as they might, they won't stop the gay rights movement either :)

Mobster Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 14:20:51

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 14:25:07

Originally posted by braden:
"to suggest that we've been down this road before - of thinking of certain groups as less than human"

so you admit, the kkk are equally as human, equally as deserving rights, or forgiveness, or adoration, or respect, or the ability freely and openly to verbalize their thoughts without the fear or threat of vitriol or hatred so associated with being proud of your white skin?

so, trife, you support the rights of the racist right?
:P

I'M NOT TRIFE, TO WHOM THIS QUESTION WAS ADDRESSED, BUT I'LL TAKE A SWING AT IT ANYWAY.

IN SHORT: YES. (SEE, I'M NOT A POLITICIAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT STATEMENTS THAT CAN BE TAKEN WILDLY OUT OF CONTEXT! PLUS I HAVE A SECRET IDENTITY!!! HA!)

MORE ACCURATELY: YES, WITH CAVEATS. THE RACIST HUMAN IS STILL IN FACT A HUMAN, AND AS SUCH HAS HUMAN RIGHTS! HE DOES NOT FORFEIT THOSE RIGHTS BY BEING AN IGNORANT MISGUIDED PIECE OF fluff! NOW, YOUR SPECIFIC EXAMPLE OF THE KKK, THAT'S A LITTLE DIFFERENT! THOSE PEOPLE TOOK THINGS FARTHER. THEY INFRINGED ON THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS, INCLUDING THE ULTIMATE RIGHT TO LIVE, AND AS SUCH MAY FORFEIT THEIR OWN!

IT IS NOT COMPLICATED -- YOUR RIGHT TO SWING YOUR FIRST ENDS WHERE MY NOSE BEGINS!

THERE IS NO RIGHT TO NOT BE OFFENDED.
THERE IS NO RIGHT TO NOT SUFFER SOCIAL CONSEQUENCES WHEN YOU OFFEND.

APPLY THOSE TWO SENTENCES TO YOUR KKK EXAMPLE:
NO, THERE IS NOTHING TO STOP THE KKK FROM VERBALIZING VILE THOUGHTS.
NO, THEY CANNOT DO SO WITHOUT FEAR OF HATRED AND VITRIOL. THEY CAN DO SO WITHOUT FEAR OF *GOING TO JAIL* FOR EXPRESSING THEIR IDEAS.

THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOCIETAL CONSEQUENCE AND LEGAL CONSEQUENCE. NOWHERE IN THIS DUCK DYNASTY KERfluffLE HAVE WE SEEN ANYTHING APPROACHING LEGAL CONSEQUENCE (I'M NOT TALKING CONTRACT LAW, WHICH IS JUST FORMALIZED SOCIETAL, I'M TALKING CRIMINAL). PEOPLE WHO INVOKE FREEDOM OF SPEECH AT MOMENTS LIKE THESE LACK AN UNDERSTANDING OF THAT DIFFERENCE (AND AS SUCH ARE LESS THAN HUMAN AND NOT DESERVING OF MY RESPECT, ADORATION, AND SHARING OF MY BEER! HA!)

HA!
BILL

TL;DR VERSION: READ THE POST DIRECTLY ABOVE THAT WAS MADE BY MOBSTER WHILE I TYPED THIS RANT.

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 14:28:18

[quote poster=Cerberus; 27944; 516383]
Originally posted by Trife:

Just keep it in your bedroom where it belongs, like I do, I don't get out and about in my undies celebrating the fact that I got laid last night by a hot straight and normal girl. So, don't do it to me either.

PIX OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

HA!
BILL

Angel1 Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 14:47:02

Right and wrong in this situation is not determined by legal standards. It is determined by social and business standards.

Socially and in business, A&E is facing a backlash from their decision. Just as freedom of speech did not protect Phil Robertson from the consequences of what he said, neither does A&E's freedoms protect them from the consequences of suspending Phil Robertson from the show. Because their are consequences and not just from those who agree with Mr. Robertson's views, but from other people who believe that peacefully stated views should not be suppressed, it is clear that A&E is open to social and business criticism from their decision. I disagree with Mr. Robertson's views, but I hesitate to give A&E my business if they are going to react this way against anyone who expresses a viewpoint contrary to the liberal agenda. Taking the actions the way that they have has opened A&E up to more of a role in Phil Robertson's interview than they ever should have had.

Would A&E disallow me because of my view that the United States Supreme Court erred in their ruling on California's Proposition 8? (Not to get off topic, but to explain: The Supreme Court should have considered whether the federal courts had standing to hear the case before they considered whether the people defending Proposition 8 had standing to defend the case; marriage is an issue that is solely a concern for the states [as the Supreme Court found in the Defense of Marriage Act case] and, as such, the Supreme Court should have thrown the Proposition 8 case out of the federal courts entirely. This would have left the California Supreme Court's ruling in force. Please respond to my Proposition 8 views on a different thread if you would like to.)
-Angel1

Frodo Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 16:06:19

I still think that A&E had the right to suspend Phil, and in this political correct society it was the "right" thing to. I just think that they potentially made a bad business move as this could push Duck Dynasty to a new channel. This is the most popular cable show (or so I have read), so it would draw interest from many channels.

I think if Phil spoke his mind and is going to do that, but if he could go back would maybe say it slightly differently. If he were to have thrown out the bestiality thing I don't think this is a major story. If I were Phil I wouldn't address this issue again, I read some thought he needs to sit down with a LBGT interview or something like that, but I think that would hurt the shows brand more than help. Nothing good for Duck Dynasty comes from that interview, they already issued some statement about the subject and I think thats about all they need to do, they can just wait it out. The filming for the new season (Jan. 15th) has already finished so I'm pretty sure Phil will be in the new season, and by that time people will have forgotten about this (except for some of those activist groups).

On a side note, I had never heard of the group GLAAD before but man... that is one gay sounding name lol

Angel1 Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 16:11:46

Originally posted by duckcommander.com:
The Robertson Family Official Statement:

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate. We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right. We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

http://duckcommander.com/...-family-offical-statement

And now the business side of this begins to unfold in a more substantial way.
-Angel1

Boltar Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 16:12:26

Originally posted by Vic:
bolty -
disney wallet + hearst family's wallet > phil robertson's wallet

we are talking about someone with maybe 10 million liquid cash vs the hearsts, generational BILLIONAIRES and disney corp (you think a & e is just owned by a & e ? )

they would flip him upside down and own him silly if they wanted to :)

yea i understand that, but do u think they would go to court long enuff over it.. plus if im not mistaken ICP (the music group) was fronted by disney at first and lets not forget all the former mickey mouse club members who are now a disgrace, and literal train wrecks

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 17:44:28

if you can be fired for anti-gay comments, then the gay weirdos are obviously in charge. why they going on about needing extra rights if they're in a position to fire people? they already have too many rights.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

PinkyAndTheBrain

Dec 20th 2013, 18:46:43

have i ever used this alias to spit out homophobic words about the gay peoples not being entitled to being able to adopt children because they didn't have enough heterosexuality to create them? no, probably not. i was probably thinking about how me and Brain were going to fail at taking over the world tonight
What are we going to do tonight Brain?
Same Thing As Always Pinky.
Attempt To Take Over The World,
And Fail Miserably...

Dibs Ludicrous was here. dowt!

oh noes. not another IP ban.

mdevol Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 19:59:51

this article hits it pretty share on the head...

http://dailycaller.com/...nist/?onswipe_redirect=no

the miseducation of our society is at the root of it.

as mentioned above, the whole "if you dont agree with me, you are wrong" mentality is what these people live by. that is why civil discourse has left our country.

history tells us that very ugly days are ahead if this path continues.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Dec 20th 2013, 20:07:17

oooh, My Penis has a first name, but it's very, very long.
if i was gay, I'd go on about it all day long.
but I'm not, so it's probably best to end this phallic song,
before some gay knotheads think that something is going on.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2013, 20:11:47

Originally posted by mdevol:
this article hits it pretty share on the head...

http://dailycaller.com/...nist/?onswipe_redirect=no

the miseducation of our society is at the root of it.

as mentioned above, the whole "if you dont agree with me, you are wrong" mentality is what these people live by. that is why civil discourse has left our country.

history tells us that very ugly days are ahead if this path continues.

OMG, someone with sense and true belief in freedom of speech and religion has posted. The best part is she's on what the conservatives would call "The other side", but in my book, she's on "MY side".

Freedom of speech is MUCH more than something to have people freak out over and try to suppress, the suppression event itself is a totalitarian act.

She better watch out, she could wind up dead with those viewpoints. The liberals are not forgiving when you cross their drawn line.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2013, 20:15:18

"popular/media uproar over unpopular opinion" is not fascism. i just realized liberals arent' the only babies
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Dec 20th 2013, 20:40:40

liberals aren't babies who are crying over their missing bottle. they are full grown adults who are crying simply because they don't have a clue about reality.

here's an example of reality: if i want to increase the income of the poorest 0.01% of the planet's population by $1 a year, i need to send at least $700,000 to charity every year. match that.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2013, 21:12:56

what
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Dec 20th 2013, 21:22:24

Originally posted by blid:
what

liberals are full grown adults who lack the capability of understanding reality. they might understand it better if it bit them in the ass, but that's not the way reality works.

oh, and they can't steal enough money from the rich to improve the income of the poorest 0.01% of the planet's population by $1 per year.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Trife Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 21:25:04

Originally posted by GodHead Dibs:
what

liberals are full grown adults who lack the capability of understanding reality. they might understand it better if it bit them in the ass, but that's not the way reality works.

oh, and they can't steal enough money from the rich to improve the income of the poorest 0.01% of the planet's population by $1 per year.

wat

iScode Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 22:02:00

Originally posted by MilitantOrgy:
I think some of the aspects of gay pride is quite silly. Mainly the parades where there are people running around in just their member enhancing undies. I think that undermines everything gay pride festivities were meant to display. But, meh, it's still nice to look at.. ;)

and if people couldn't see that iScode was just being super sarcastic, then you need to remove head from anal cavity ;)

See, the gay guy got it!!!

<3
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Dec 20th 2013, 22:08:38

Originally posted by GodHead Dibs:
what

wat

i stated that liberals don't have the capacity to steal enough money to support the advertisements that promote their whacked out agenda.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Dec 20th 2013, 22:39:45

there are 7 billion people on the planet. if you want to help out the poorest 0.01% of the population by giving them $1 a year to help them out, you need to cough up $700,000 a year.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Dec 20th 2013, 22:51:16

maybe i did the math wrong. maybe there are too many idiots who can ape using a mouse and keyboard.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Dec 20th 2013, 22:55:29

Phil is Win. " Happy Happy Happy" and ole Si, Hey Jack!
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

major Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 0:49:41

bi girls are fine, all the rest are just fluffing fluffs, and lesbos... just had to say it

theHitch

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2013, 12:53:46

Bigots and racists circlejerking with other bigots and racists.

Hold onto your religious texts tightly, it's what you cherrypick to justify your hate.

Phil Robertson in 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDHr8GR-e-4

Eat any seafood lately? Wearing mixed fabrics? hypocrites!
~~you're going to die~~

Looks like it'll take at least another generation for the dinosaurs to die off.

Dec 21st 2013, 13:14:24

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=racist

racism is a bit too new of a word to be related to millennia old religious texts. it's like it was practically invented yesterday.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

mdevol Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 13:48:06

Hypocrites?

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...877320476_618785464_n.jpg

I think that about says it...

This is not just about him saying what he said. This is part of a bigger agenda. You can deny it all day long but that doesn't change the fact of the matter.

The ironic thing is, now that he is unemployed, this may push him to finally run for Senate against a struggling pro-gay rights pro-expanded gun control Democrat Mary Landrieu. He would win convincingly and flip a seat to the Republicans that likely won't flip if a big name doesn't run against her.

This could be a MAJOR backfire. With A&E not only losing the revenue from Duck Dynasty, but potentially handing the Republicans a seat in the senate at the same time. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

theHitch

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2013, 13:55:52

LOL unemployed? You DO know they were wealthy before this stupid A&E fake reality show right?

btw the GQ interview with P.R. wasn't just about gays, he made some monumentally ignorant statements about blacks in the south during his youth too.

I never watched Duck Dynasty, and never will. Most likely due to the fact that I have an IQ in the triple digits.

http://youtu.be/KW343K1-upo
^NSFW^

Edited By: theHitch on Dec 21st 2013, 14:05:04. Reason: link NSFW, language
See Original Post

mdevol Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 15:07:02

yes, unemployed, meaning he has more time on his hands to do with life what he wants to.

What does an IQ have anything to do with watching the show? Isn't your entire beef with him about his intolerance and his degradation of others? Yet, here you are, being intolerant and degrading because somebody dares to disagree with your values. Additionally, you berate the entire fan base of a tv show based on your IQ and what you assume the IQ they lack, all the while admitting that you have never actually seen the show, you just don't like the character.

Good argument.

braden Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 16:31:41

the hitch, i only plant one crop per parcel of land! :P

Cee Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 17:54:28

I think its all bs. These groups (blacks, gays etc) go up in arms because of a persons beliefs. So basically it tells us that they can't accept us but we have to accept them. GO fluff yourselves. All of them.

And Merry Christmas too. Oh right, I can't say that either cuz it offends those who don't celebrate or believe in it. Let's take Jesus out of the song, "Silent Night," oh wait, we are doing that too. Lets just hand the country over and lay in the fetal position while they take it.

Edited By: Cee on Dec 21st 2013, 17:59:40
See Original Post

SethMosrite Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 18:49:46

It's scary how often social conservatives mention bestiality. This can't be a coincidence.

Edited By: SethMosrite on Dec 21st 2013, 18:53:37

Angel1 Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 18:51:51

Originally posted by theHitch:

Hold onto your religious texts tightly, it's what you cherrypick to justify your hate.

Phil Robertson in 2010

~~you're going to die~~

And thus the backlash from moderate elements, including gay libertarians. Phil Robertson's comments already speak for themselves and they aren't saying the kinds of things that will do his viewpoint any favors. You, on the other hand, seem quite intent on helping Mr. Robertson's view points by reacting like this. As bad as his comments were, your completely lack of civility in this matter is not endearing you to anyone or your viewpoint to anyone. He gave you the advantage and you choose to squander it on these over-the-top and completely unnecessary comments.

Good job.
-Angel1

Hammer Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 18:55:16

Originally posted by mdevol:
Originally posted by Frodo:
Any of you see this story? http://tv.yahoo.com/...tml?bcmt=comments-postbox

So anyway that all aside I think its a little ridiculous that there is only one allowed opinion on gay's, the one which agrees with it entirely. Yes I understand that freedom of speech goes both ways and if you present an unpopular opinion you can be subjected to criticism. But does every single comment not 100% supporting gay's have to be portrayed as a some huge tirade?

Thoughts?

^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

I have always been and will always be for equal rights for every citizen of this great nation. Gay, Straight, Bi, Trans, Black, White, Yellow, Brown. Whatever you are, you are American, as such you are equal to every other American in the world and should hold equal rights.

That being said, this is getting ridiculous. The censorship of language is mind-boggling. Sure, A&E has the right to choose what airs on their networks but as I said in the other thread on GT; If you don't like what someone is saying or their point of view, change the channel. It is not complicated. I personally don't like the opinions and the hateful and highly disrespectful language used by Rachel Maddow and Chris Mathews, I am not asking for them to be taken off air or to be censored. I just don't watch them. I get on with my life and do other things.

While I am ranting... Merry Christmas to all of you...

I don’t understand what the big deal is…If you are Jewish, tell me “Happy Hanukkah”. If you are Christian, tell me “Merry Christmas”. If you are African American, tell me “Joyous Kwanzaa”. If you don’t prefer those, tell me “Happy Holidays”. I will not be offended. I will be thankful you took the time to say something nice to me. - http://www.idolol.com/...fe660ecfd7dd6784d8d70.jpg

/end rant

Well said, mdevol.

Originally posted by Cerberus:

When you have to worry about every detail of every word that passes your lips, we are all damned.

We have been moving in this direction for a long, long time, brother. It is okay for some groups to say and do as they please, and to do so in front of a camera, radio, or other means to access an audience. However, it is not okay for others because it is considered as wrong, racist, immoral, Christian-based, etc, by the first groups. Over time, the second group has began to sensor or silence themselves, overly respect the first groups, to the point that they are now the minority in terms of voice. What was once the standard and foundation for which our country was founded, is quickly becoming the exception.

Unless A&E makes a change, I expect to see the family stick together and move to another network or not air at all. Phil does not care about the money...remember, he walked away from an NFL opportunity to duck hunt.

It is my understanding that only two episodes are left to air, so he would only be missed in those two programs.

On a comical side, Duck Dynasty is filmed in the Robertson's house, place of business, and own their property. So to say that he has been suspended is like saying, "We aren't coming to your house anymore."

As relaxed as he looks in his recliner, I bet doesn't give a rip if anyone comes to his house.

Si is my favorite. I hope I am as active as he is when I reach his age, Jack.

mdevol Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 19:02:42

Phil Robertson in 2010

~~you're going to die~~

And thus the backlash from moderate elements, including gay libertarians. Phil Robertson's comments already speak for themselves and they aren't saying the kinds of things that will do his viewpoint any favors. You, on the other hand, seem quite intent on helping Mr. Robertson's view points by reacting like this. As bad as his comments were, your completely lack of civility in this matter is not endearing you to anyone or your viewpoint to anyone. He gave you the advantage and you choose to squander it on these over-the-top and completely unnecessary comments.

Good job.

oh, but he is one of them dad gum educated folk. us redneks arr jist stupid imbread, bigit trashe... remember?

Trife Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 19:33:43

http://www.cnn.com/...ling/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

another state bites the dust

=)

Edited By: Trife on Dec 22nd 2013, 0:11:45

iScode Game profile

Dec 21st 2013, 23:11:12

LOL unemployed? You DO know they were wealthy before this stupid A&E fake reality show right?

btw the GQ interview with P.R. wasn't just about gays, he made some monumentally ignorant statements about blacks in the south during his youth too.

I never watched Duck Dynasty, and never will. Most likely due to the fact that I have an IQ in the triple digits.

http://youtu.be/KW343K1-upo
^NSFW^

You are a liar.

you do not have an I.Q. in the triple digits.

If you did you would realise the show is actually for smart foke (people like me who actually does have a high I.Q.) to laugh at the people at the show and say things like 'jesus these rednecks are funny, who in there right mind would do that'.

Sure its made for rednecks too, but they dont realise its made to poke fun at them, they enjoy the show for what it is. like the redneck with the chainsaw on a rope. Pure entertainment.

Why you come here and lie, liar. is it because you have a mangina? I bet you have a mangina.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

mdevol Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 4:45:08

http://www.cnn.com/...ling/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

another state bites the dust

=)

This attitude will do nothing to help the cause.

The issue is not that they are granted the right to marry, but rather that the state determines who is or isnt allowed to marry at all.

Marraige equality will not be realized until both he state and the federal officials get out of the process entirely. Leave it up to the 2 people getting married and the person marrying them.

Where is the equality in 2 people getting tax breaks for being married while my choice to be single doesnt offer me the same benefits?

Do I personally agree with gay marraige? No. Am i going to tell people who they should or shouldnt love or be able to become a partner with? Hell no.

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 6:09:54

its all publicity on A&E's part. they knew damn well about the Robertson's beliefs and about Phil publicly bashing gays in the past. Actually bashing them, not the borderline bible quotes that this is all about.

i dont see this turning out well for A&E

P.S. The ignorance in this thread is amazing
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Makolyte Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 19:00:26

I've never watched Duck Dynasty and never will. First, it combines two incredibly uninteresting words, duck and dynasty. I don't give a duck about the uninterrupted reign of a water foul. Second, long nasty beards are a traditional way to figure out who's homeless or a redneck. Now when I walk around I can't tell who's a trend-following hipster vs the other two groups.

This guy is a redneck, and they all have the same opinion, so it's not surprising at all to hear him chant the redneck anthem.

Lastly, doesn't A&E know the show's target demographic? Rednecks, wannabe rednecks, and hipsters. Only hipsters will question what the guy said, but it doesn't matter, they're just waiting to leech on to the next big thing, because D&D is becoming much too mainstream.

In summary, it doesn't matter one bit what this "rich" redneck thinks or says, it will not influence anyone who doesn't already think the same thing. This just shows me the show has peaked and they're trying to generate new interest.
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior
--------------------------------------------

Frodo Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 19:39:44

Ahh come on Mak! That show is hilarious!! I am no redneck or hipster either. Phil Robertson didn't say those things to gather new interest either haha. Duck Dynasty is the funniest and cleanest show on cable (and probably tv in general).
Besides a lot of the outrage isn't because of what he said, it's more how A&E reacted. Family Guy and shows like that can be very derogatory to all races/genders/religions, and be praised as a great show, but one guy says something he believes which is never brought up on the show and he gets suspended. Its the double standard that is why so many people are pissed off.