Verified:

blid

EE Patron

Feb 16th 2014, 20:18:53

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:
HELLO NANCIES!

I RECENTLY EXCHANGED MESSAGES WITH A PRIMARY SERVER PLAYER REGARDING WHAT YOU SIMPLETONS CALL THE "ROR". IN THESE MESSAGES, HE REFERRED TO TAKING RETALS AS "SUICIDING" IF THE COUNTRY DOING THE RETALIATING IS SMALLER AND HAS TO GO HEAVY ON OFFENSE IN ORDER TO BREAK. EVEN IF THE RETALIATOR TAKES HIS RETRIBUTION IN UNDER 24 HOURS.

NOW I AM WONDERING WHETHER THIS IS THE PREVAILING ATTITUDE ON THIS SERVER. I HAVE NOTICED A FEW "ROR"S BY PLAYERS WHO I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WOULD NOT DO SUCH A THING. HAS THE PROTECTIONIST GDI ON THIS SERVER LED TO SUCH A SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT HERE THAT THE MAJORITY WILL NOT EVEN ACCEPT LEGITIMATE 1:1 RETALIATION?

SO, HOW MANY OF YOU ARE IN AGREEMENT THAT THE COUNTRY WHICH WAS AGGRESSED AGAINST IS "SUICIDING" IF HE/SHE BUYS UP A BOATLOAD OF JETS IN ORDER TO RETALIATE AGAINST HIS AGGRESSOR?

HA!

SAM
Heh, if the person can hit back within 24 hours, it means the retal was pretty easy for them. It means the person making the original attack made a bad grab. There are certain cases where players seem to be obsessed with the idea of retaling a bit too much, where they do really stupid things in order to make their retal, so in some cases people RORing might be, at least from some people's perspective, rightly pissed off.

It's mostly a matter of opinion, but I think something like the guy who hit me with 2 days left in the set, 10 days into my stocking period, in exchange for a grab that was 31 days old at that time, are just tools trying to grief people's rounds and the original grab has less to do with it than the type of person they are. I think any retal within 72 hours is pretty legit and sometimes retals that take longer are deserved as well (farmers get going later, for instance, so why should they have to hit back a commie within 72 hours? That would basically just mean the commie gets to hit all the farmers they want in the early part of the set).

Edited By: blid on Feb 16th 2014, 20:22:26
Back To Thread
See Original Post
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.