Verified:

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2015, 3:41:42

I know its tourney, and a solo server, but if you were retalled after the usual 72 hrs by a guy that blew his wad to go mostly jets, and u were in a position to farm him, would u, and why?
wasn't me...

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 11th 2015, 4:26:11

oh most definitely but only if was able to outrun him in defence aka max turns/stored and good economy and make sure to get tanks and troops and SDI, and as for why well if you are gonna retal and can't hold that land then expect to have it wiped away for going to many jets
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2015, 14:58:55

Agreed. Id smash a dude that went jets to take a retal, and make sure to hit him all set, and keep an eye on him also.
wasn't me...

Ti annichilisco Game profile

Aug 11th 2015, 15:30:45

I definitely would hit him back. On this server GDI doesn't have the 1 hit limit. So jungle rules apply. If he's gone all jets most likely your NW is higher, so you should be able to outrun him. However, few obvious hints drkprinc wrote. Get rid of his missiles, check troops and tanks difference as I've had idiots damaging me with AB's, see what he can do with his money. Then as you write outdistance him. I tell them I go back to my land gain after his retal and stop. Then if they want a war so be it.

BTW, there's no 72 hour rules apart from a made up one people might not care or know about.

cronie Game profile

Aug 11th 2015, 15:35:38

I don't agree with a 'retal window'. That is ridiculous to me. Retal window is the entire set. If there is any time left in that set. The only thing you should expect is not holding grudges to other servers or to the next set. If you LG someone, I think its fair for them to get you back at any time and it is a valid LG retal IMO.

Afterall, your first LG reduced their ability to build their economy at a critical stage when they are starting out. And you pushed yourself up. So its a huge impact when you strike someone early on. It is actually a lot harder for someone to retal after both nations are fully developed.

For me there are no retal windows. I have retalled countries at the end of set because of a LG they made early in the set. It actually hurts my econ more because at that point both countries have a lot of troops.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2015, 19:22:51

Originally posted by cronie:
I don't agree with a 'retal window'. That is ridiculous to me. Retal window is the entire set. If there is any time left in that set. The only thing you should expect is not holding grudges to other servers or to the next set. If you LG someone, I think its fair for them to get you back at any time and it is a valid LG retal IMO.

Afterall, your first LG reduced their ability to build their economy at a critical stage when they are starting out. And you pushed yourself up. So its a huge impact when you strike someone early on. It is actually a lot harder for someone to retal after both nations are fully developed.

For me there are no retal windows. I have retalled countries at the end of set because of a LG they made early in the set. It actually hurts my econ more because at that point both countries have a lot of troops.
I bet u stay in game c huh?
wasn't me...

vern Game profile

Aug 11th 2015, 19:55:24

game C is the best

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2015, 21:30:55

Idiot just went all jets to retal me.

LMFAO.
wasn't me...

cronie Game profile

Aug 11th 2015, 23:53:44

Originally posted by Jayr:

I bet u stay in game c huh?

What? I don't know why you're making straw man points. I was just speaking in general to the topic. I don't believe in retal windows. If someone land grabs me, I land grab them back even at the end of set.

damondusk Game profile

Aug 12th 2015, 0:14:24

Lemme see if I understand the 'conventional' wisdom - I'm much larger than you; I LG you; you'd better be able to retal me within 72 hours AND be able to do it (for some arbitrary reason) with units other than jets only OR lie down and do nothing at all.
Interpretation: I feel entitled to take whatever I want from the countries below/smaller than me and, further, feel entitled to do so with no fear of repercussion. Sounds like a win win for the bigger guy and a big Phu Q to the smaller guy.

How about this instead: If you're preying on a smaller guy and little man happens to pack a wallop when he fires back, well....when you sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind. Dry them tears up and deal.

cronie Game profile

Aug 12th 2015, 1:24:34

Originally posted by damondusk:
Lemme see if I understand the 'conventional' wisdom - I'm much larger than you; I LG you; you'd better be able to retal me within 72 hours AND be able to do it (for some arbitrary reason) with units other than jets only OR lie down and do nothing at all.
Interpretation: I feel entitled to take whatever I want from the countries below/smaller than me and, further, feel entitled to do so with no fear of repercussion. Sounds like a win win for the bigger guy and a big Phu Q to the smaller guy.

How about this instead: If you're preying on a smaller guy and little man happens to pack a wallop when he fires back, well....when you sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind. Dry them tears up and deal.
Exactly! I heard this somewhere too. Someone mentioned before they believe the 'retal window' is 48 hours. Thats ridiculous!

You're right, its just entitlement.

Last set, someone land grabbed me when I was beginning to start teching at the start of the set. Of course he beat me as I barely had troops. I grabbed him back near the end of set when I have finally finished teching. I had higher NW and more troops than he had too.

In this case, I made a risk by having low amount of troops for defense at the start to concentrate on teching. He made a risk by LG me then and hoping I will never be larger than him to LG him back. Both took a risk.

I think if you LG someone, you take a risk. You want to get ahead at the expense of someone. It can help if you maintain the lead. Or it can backfire on you at other times. It should be a calculated risk that someone accepts.

Edited By: cronie on Aug 12th 2015, 1:26:36

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2015, 1:35:55

This game is all about landgrabbing. All grabs should expect to be retalled. I don't always retal single grabs but double taps I can't tolerate and will hit back any way I can. DT's are just rude.
Just shut up and have another beer

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 12th 2015, 18:19:06

Run a better country then. I get LG'd all the time and i cant retal but i dont go full retard and buy 100% jets to take a retal.

Its a solo server. Im entitled to whatever i see fit.
wasn't me...

Uncle James Game profile

Aug 13th 2015, 3:28:43

Hmmm It looks like you are entitled to 7 missiles> I think he wants a WAR with you> That was probably his entire stock pile of missiles so he is done now> I am waiting to see what you do to him now<

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 13th 2015, 8:34:53

'passes UJ some popcorn'

you want the ketchup flavor or old cheddar flavor?

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 13th 2015, 8:47:34

Originally posted by Uncle James:
Hmmm It looks like you are entitled to 7 missiles> I think he wants a WAR with you> That was probably his entire stock pile of missiles so he is done now> I am waiting to see what you do to him now<
Ill ne farming his dumbass lol...he knows me but wont tell me who it is...typical earther
wasn't me...

jayrisabitch

Aug 13th 2015, 16:23:40

You arnt going to be farming ahit, because you suck at this game. You got the FS and are already getting fluff on.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 13th 2015, 17:01:13

Originally posted by jayrisafluff:
You arnt going to be farming ahit, because you suck at this game. You got the FS and are already getting fluff on.
Not getting fluff on by far...tyr vs rep and im saving turns. Lmfao.
wasn't me...

jayrisabitch

Aug 13th 2015, 17:10:21

You know I can see how many turns you have on logout right?

You arn't storing fluff.

jayrisabitch

Aug 13th 2015, 17:11:47

Turns Left 2

archaic Game profile

Aug 14th 2015, 0:34:25

I only do 48 hours and I only accept 48 hours. If you hit me after that, its time for the fish hooks and soldering iron.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

cronie Game profile

Aug 18th 2015, 0:22:34

Originally posted by archaic:
I only do 48 hours and I only accept 48 hours. If you hit me after that, its time for the fish hooks and soldering iron.
Why? If someone hits you outside of your self imposed rules that only apply to you, they would look like a first grab. So you can only retal him once also.

And if you're gonna argue about having no gentleman rules then just ROR or 1:k retal policy.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 22nd 2015, 17:54:22

Anyone that goes all-jetter in a solo server needs to be farmed, whether or not they are doing a late retal. It's the nature of the beast in these games.

If you leave yourself defenseless, it's your own fault.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

silentwolf Game profile

Sep 23rd 2015, 16:30:08

retal window ? wtf .. this aint alliance.

all jetters should be farmed .. agreed.

But target selection would be key. if you farm u will have to expect retaliation. no one can be totally prepared.

qwertyqwerty Game profile

Sep 24th 2015, 0:20:28

definitely don't farm him, but hit once again anyway. hopefully some people see the hit in the news, spy, and farm him after you hit.

Sep 24th 2015, 0:22:04

I also don't understand the idea of a retal window. You are allowed to offensively grab people out of the blue but (in your mind) they can't hit back belatedly? Interesting theory.

Sep 24th 2015, 0:25:08

As for me, when I playing industrialist I will grab aggressively. If you're a juicy target (low defense and / or other bonuses like a bunch of much needed cash, good buildings, tech ec.) then I'm going to hit twice. If you are a juicy target with no defense, you best believe I'm sending 4 1 jet PS's your way. And if that pisses them off and they want to go toe to toe we can do that too.

Keen Game profile

Oct 2nd 2015, 10:40:52

Nothing is more annoying than land grabbing someone and then they do 50 bombing runs on you. You were land fat I hit you.

drkprinc Game profile

Oct 2nd 2015, 11:11:11

if you are gonna hit just make sure they have an extremely hard time hitting you back all problems solved :)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

kelvinchw

Oct 7th 2015, 13:39:38

After double tapping someone, never login again.

cronie Game profile

Oct 7th 2015, 23:54:50

Part of the game.

Its like life. Some people keep their head down and live a private life. Some people flap their wings and yell on a soap box. If you are the latter, you will get the attention you desired. So, if you land grab someone, you're getting their attention.

silentwolf Game profile

Oct 11th 2015, 11:18:11

well some like to be put on a soap box :)

Part of the game.

Its like life. Some people keep their head down and live a private life. Some people flap their wings and yell on a soap box. If you are the latter, you will get the attention you desired. So, if you land grab someone, you're getting their attention.