Verified:

blid

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2013, 17:37:49

Originally posted by smlandau84:
Is bobby still messaging people asking for help or did he stop that yet?
I think it's time to farm this parking lot before he deletes the acres...

I know there's a bunch of vultures waiting on the sideline

You both were kind of doing that
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 5th 2013, 17:40:06

Doubt it, unless your strategy was to convert to dict and get your Spal over 100 before his fs, which hr could have easily done...

I'm not losing a war as a dict vs anything that's not a bigger stronger dict

Kingme Game profile

Feb 5th 2013, 17:45:08

I'm already a Dict with a spal over 100 :)

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 5th 2013, 17:45:33

Originally posted by blid:
Is bobby still messaging people asking for help or did he stop that yet?
I think it's time to farm this parking lot before he deletes the acres...

I know there's a bunch of vultures waiting on the sideline

You both were kind of doing that

Not exactly, I was hit by 4 different countries that were all likely asked or suggested by him to hit me. I didn't really want anyone else to hit him, especially if he had an opportunity to Retal. All I did was suggest that he's a wasteland. I can cleary take him out myself, which is why when he asked me if I wanted to agree to drop all allies I told him to keep them. My allies are useless, his are the reason he hasn't been farmed by the entire top25. The reason I suggested that is because I think its humiliating, him getting farmed makes it more challenging for me

Edited By: smlandau84 on Feb 5th 2013, 17:48:56
See Original Post

LATC Game profile

Feb 5th 2013, 18:00:02

lol wow what a sore winner.. less QQ and more pew pewing!
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 5th 2013, 18:05:04

I like to rub salt in the wounds of those who deserve it

crest23 Game profile

Feb 5th 2013, 19:02:50

Called it! I said Serp and Herbs would hit Bobby 1st, lol. It's all downhill from here on out Bobby.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 5th 2013, 19:14:06

I think everyone who he grabbed this set that is still active should make an effort to retal him after the 72 hr window is up

blid

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2013, 19:29:10

I was surprised he didn't retal Serp yesterday.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 5th 2013, 19:30:25

He would have if he could have

braden Game profile

Feb 5th 2013, 21:00:16

kick his ass, bobby!

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 5th 2013, 21:18:20

Originally posted by braden:
kick his ass, bobby!

Thanks braden=) I'm trying! He's down to 13.2k, which apparently is a good thing for him, but I haven't figured out why yet

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 5th 2013, 21:26:26

Because my SPAL is almost double yours now :)

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 4:56:35

So a single turn op does more damage than a two turn special attack?

Also no oil, and losses only if you bounce (correct)?

Seems special attacks lick sack now compared to spy attacks.
The EEVIL Empire

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 5:02:17

Yep. It's pretty unbalanced in the sense that a larger country will never "win" a 1v1 war (and pull out of humanitarians range) against a smaller country that knows how to use spy ops effectively.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2013, 5:05:18

Yeah it's totally fluffing broken, it's one of the most "wrong" thing existing on Earth right now besides the Team server. Well maybe I'm overstating it heh but spy ops are too hard to stop and ABs are too weak

Edited By: blid on Feb 6th 2013, 16:57:17
See Original Post

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 5:14:29

Lol. Is there plans on taking it back to how it was?

The EEVIL Empire

Chewi Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 13:39:20

Mr Tits' bomb buildings won't do much damage due to him not being an indy though.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2013, 13:41:19

lol Quarantine is spreading his business around. Can't say that's not fair

2013-02-05 20:33:55 PS Quarantine (#53) Whos yo Daddy (#265) 481A (996A)
2013-02-05 18:42:57 PS Quarantine (#53) Fiscal Cliff (#29) 1993A (3097A)

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2013, 13:56:21

Yep. It's pretty unbalanced in the sense that a larger country will never "win" a 1v1 war (and pull out of humanitarians range) against a smaller country that knows how to use spy ops effectively.
it's more about ABs being too weak than spy ops being too strong.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 13:58:43

I still think I will win, but I agree with others that bomb buildings being so much stronger then AB seems a little off. But that's the way things are set up now so... btw I don't even know btw how intel allies work and whether just SPAL matters or a combo of SPAL and total spies. I'd be interested to know.

Also his 5 missiles alone have destroyed roughly 8k buildings, which is more then all of his bomb buildings to date.

Also I must thank my friends (especially herbs who did so immediately after dropping our D pact lol...), though I don't really blame them when they are competing against each other likely for first place, for:

2013-02-03 21:26:48 PS EEVIL WAR MACHINE (#80) Fiscal Cliff (#29) 3651A (5408A)

For the record Serpentor was about a 24M raw break when I logged on after his attack, which is pretty huge. I could have mustered up about 22M raw at the time if I pumped jets and spent cash on hand on jets. And I could have kept pumping jets for a few more hours since he was sitting there with little cash on hand and no goods sent to market, but I think I made the wise decision in the end to focus on my war.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 13:58:55

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:

agreed

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 13:59:50

Originally posted by Chewi:
Mr Tits' bomb buildings won't do much damage due to him not being an indy though.

since neither of us has much $$ to rebuild we are both converging to half indy half farmer heh. He is converging faster tho, I'd guess he is 4k, 10k. I'm about 21k, 4k.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 14:22:28

I think Its special attacks that are messed up, not spy ops. They're set up now under some type of normal distribution curve with defending unite/acre factored in as well

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 14:28:44

I think Its special attacks that are messed up, not spy ops. They're set up now under some type of normal distribution curve with defending unite/acre factored in as well

haha sounds like we are all agreed=)

crest23 Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 15:44:31

With friends like yours, who needs enemies, lol.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 16:28:06

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
Originally posted by Chewi:

since neither of us has much $$ to rebuild we are both converging to half indy half farmer heh. He is converging faster tho, I'd guess he is 4k, 10k. I'm about 21k, 4k.

Bobby, those stats are not very accurate, you might want to login :)

blid

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2013, 16:59:23

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
yeah ABs being weak and spies being too hard to stop

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 18:21:55

I still think I will win, but I agree with others that bomb buildings being so much stronger then AB seems a little off. But that's the way things are set up now so... btw I don't even know btw how intel allies work and whether just SPAL matters or a combo of SPAL and total spies. I'd be interested to know.

Also his 5 missiles alone have destroyed roughly 8k buildings, which is more then all of his bomb buildings to date.

Also I must thank my friends (especially herbs who did so immediately after dropping our D pact lol...), though I don't really blame them when they are competing against each other likely for first place, for:

2013-02-03 21:26:48 PS EEVIL WAR MACHINE (#80) Fiscal Cliff (#29) 3651A (5408A)

For the record Serpentor was about a 24M raw break when I logged on after his attack, which is pretty huge. I could have mustered up about 22M raw at the time if I pumped jets and spent cash on hand on jets. And I could have kept pumping jets for a few more hours since he was sitting there with little cash on hand and no goods sent to market, but I think I made the wise decision in the end to focus on my war.

You are wrong about winning this war... You are falling behind so quickly and don't know how to stop it. 3 days ago you had 50k acres and 46k buildings and now you have 26k acres and less than 20k buildings, but most importantly you are losing the spy war which is all that really matters. Get some spies Bobby! How can a CI with 46k Indies lose a spy war to a dict farmer with 1k indies? My Spal is at least 50% better than yours, might be time to dump those empties again so I can take out your fully built acres tomorrow

OneMansArmy Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 18:38:58

I don't get why the bomb buildings should work best only when they are the same building type.. Why shouldn't it blow up an equal percentage of the persons buildings spread over all their buildings or something.
So for example:
If they have 1000 Industrial, 30,000 Research, 100 Farms and 300 Construction Sites, and a bomb buildings destroys 1% of their buildings: = 10 Industrial, 300 Research, 1 Farm, and 3 Construction Sites get destroyed.

I also support the thread in the Bugs and Suggestions area about making Harmful spy ops have a narrower success window than the Information spy ops.

Special attacks take too long to "ramp up" in Primary where you have to fight your own battles. If you don't sit with near empty unit types there isn't much to fear from them it seems. Also granted that you log in at least once every 24 hours to spend turns. I guess the changes work for clan/team based servers to thwart suiciders? But that is what we have GDI for in Primary right?
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

crest23 Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 18:45:25

Lol, spies from farmer countries are used to farms and most have never seen an industrial complex and vice versa, so they don't know what to do. Right admins? That was the reasoning behind this? Same with special attacks. The tanks of CIs are not designed to destroy farms and vice versa so they are befuddled when they encounter such. Stupid stupid stupid.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 19:15:18

This form of gdi needs to be in place on all servers, and add a declare war function from clan to clan to override gdi when at war.
The EEVIL Empire

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 19:16:35

Gotta be a way.
The EEVIL Empire

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 19:19:41

I don't think building types matter when you bomb buildings, but I could be wrong about that

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 21:00:01

I've made many many mistakes in this war, but I think I'm getting the hang of it...but I keep finding new ways to make mistakes so we will see

Mistakes so far, in no particular order:
1) Using the kill spies spy op
2) Bombing airbases when he doesn't have jets home yet (EEstats problem)
3) Bombing airbases when I don't have jets home (all spy ops are limited to about 3x the damage you would do to yourself if you ran that op)
4) Not dropping land early..hubris that lead to him having a much better SPAL
5) Not focusing enough on spy production (building turrets instead mainly). Especially with his OA I just can't hope to get enough turrets to stop his 1 PS a day yet I keep trying for some reason
6) Rebuilding early...lost $500 million stupidly rebuilding early. All that money should have gone to war techs and to fund playing turns
7) Thinking spy DR reset at midnight. They are now on 24 hour DR like landgrabs. So it is best to use all your spy ops once a day and then wait 24 hours. This is so hard to have the patience to do though (I have yet to do this:P)

Anyways now that I know those 7 and probably more, Seth, I'd be interested in doing this again just for fun and to hopefully put a better performance in. Name a set and we can do it (obviously some DNH time up to a point and some other rules should be figured out). Also if we do go again, we should go no allies so that we don't hurt friends who are interested in netting...

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 21:05:21

And thats the lesson you learn when you try to enforce your made up policies and don't know how to defend yourself.

The only chance you reAlly have of levelling the playing field is by switching to Indy, but you still don't get it. Oh that and not grabbing, but considering that is your main strategy you clearly don't get why things are going the way they are.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 21:09:56

I still disagree with you there on the grabbing. Grabbing kills your production as I see it the goal is to kill your production.

Also disagree on switching to dict at least for a few more days. I still have a lot of tech/military and losing a good chunk of it will be painful.

The one point you have missed all set is that I'd rather war someone over the 72 hour thing then win. I don't' think there is some moral right or wrong with regards to 72 hours, but I just think that if I say I'll do something, in this case enforce 72 hour policy, then I should enforce it. In my sense of things I "won" the second I threw away a top 10 and possibly top 5 reset in order to enforce the policy I said I'd enforce. Yes I thought the war would go better but no I wouldn't have avoided this war if I knew this was how it would go...

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 21:24:48

What are you really enforcing when I want you to hit me so I can whoop your ass in a war when you're more than twice.my size?

The definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

That pretty much sums up your farm first approach to war. Unless it makes you happy to see me spies of less than half the amount give you a whooping every day while your spies committing suicide everytime you have then do something.

It's a mathematical game Bobby, maybe you should learn how to add subtract divide and multiply

crest23 Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 21:30:38

If you always played with the same name set after set then enforcing this policy makes sense. Because going forward people will learn. If you are using different names set after set, you will be teaching this lesson (throwing away your sets) of yours pretty often in my opinion if it is indeed true that you message the people you hit telling them you have a 72 hour retal policy. .

Friends will learn not to ally you because, "Yeah, come mid set, Bobby is going to be wasting my turrets yet again (though they can make up for this by dropping you and hitting you immediately after)". Others will decide to test out this policy of yours regularly just because.

Edited By: crest23 on Feb 6th 2013, 21:36:14
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Kingme Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 21:31:36

lol at the last line, only because I know what Bobby does for a living. It's funny that you pointed out his crappy math skills.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 21:38:17

Crest

1. I usually use the name Planetary. I didn't this set b/c I was scared oldman might be pissed from last set lol... (we worked it out tho..I think)

2. Or if I play with a different name each set people never know who I am so nobody will retal anybody after 72 hours in case the person they are retalling is me...OK this won't happen:P

3. I don't get retalled much more then about once a set, and usually when I do it is within 72 hours. Herbs is going on two sets now without being hit, which is pretty impressive (and a little bit lucky)...

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 21:40:48

1. I usually use the name Planetary. I didn't this set b/c I was scared oldman might be pissed from last set lol... (we worked it out tho..I think)

Holy crap the 5 top 10s I have are 5 of the 6 times I used the name planetary...the 6th time I was on my way to a top 10 I think but then I was killed I think by some clan playing on the solo server randomly killing people lol..(primary used to suck..)

Kingme Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 21:44:19

3. I feel like that's a lot of luck.

If you hit a guy, and they keep at it (and are a decent player). At some point during your stocking they will have the ability to hit back.

You have to hope you don't hit a guy that actually knows what he's doing. They'd have to be a complete tool, probably max weapons and go jetter. But it could be done with little effort.
To be honest, herbs hit me this set and I could hit him back by the end of the set. I'm just not going to because my ally is a pain in the ass and is destroying my beautiful country :P

Oh and I don't think one grab constitutes ruining someones set. I ran a crap strategy and paid for it. I can't tell you how many times i've been hit while stocking, sucks.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 21:46:09

Originally posted by Kingme:
I'm just not going to because my ally is a pain in the ass and is destroying my beautiful country :P

haha...well...yea

crest23 Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 21:47:22

1. Exactly my point, just the threat of oldman coming after you forced you to change names. And oldman is a nice guy, just imagine if Seth decides to make you his whipping boy going forward.

2. 72 hour policy is just in your head, anyone can choose to retal you whenever and then you guys go to war when you tell them, "Oh, did I forget to mention, you can only retal me within 72 hours"

3. You didn't get retaled this set much until until you hit the set spot.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 21:50:32

Bobby doesn't send messages saying people have 72 hours to retal... He send me a message 72 hours after he hit me saying "your 72 hr Retal window has expired,.if you Retal me now you will get a war so you shouldnt because we're both having nice sets"

Translation: "i think I'm good at this game so please teach me how to play it"

Bobby, did you seriously talk about my OA? My 1 OA has been about 2 million jets this whole time. Your 2DAs which became 1 yesterday were providing you with more than a 16million turret bonus.

Let.me.go even further with this. Your 2IAs are providing you with about 3mil spies, mine have never been over a mil.

And even further, I wasl never less than 3 million jets short of breaking you....so Wtf are you talking about saying my OA is the reason I can break you?

And btw, you have OAs as well.

If we were fighting without allies you would have self deleted and quit this.game by now

Kingme Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 21:55:28

Yeah but his OA's are much sexier than yours.

so... you lose.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 21:55:33

Wait, Bobby uses OAs????? WTF. Now that's just plain sad to know.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 22:01:48

Originally posted by crest23:
Wait, Bobby uses OAs????? WTF. Now that's just plain sad to know.

Not generally, no, although last set I experimented using an OA with a guy b/c our attack times roughly overlapped so one of us went first each day. In this war yes I'm using an OA...as is Seth. I didn't mean anything negative by my OA comment Seth...I just hadn't realized you had one at first and then when I did felt even stupider for trying to outrun your daily PS. That's all.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2013, 22:02:21

Now that qzjul moved over the back end code, maybe he can finally remove OAs from Primary.