Verified:

archaic Game profile

Jan 20th 2013, 18:27:19

Apparently we won't be making any appearances in the top 10 after all. Thanks, whoever you are.

I'm curious, is there any particular reason? I have my suspicions, but because I'm not a troll anymore, I'll keep them to myself.

Have a swirvey day.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Mr.Silver

Jan 20th 2013, 19:25:33

Sucky day :( I'm sure you guys can still pull off a few spots though since people jump in 8 days. good luck :)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 20th 2013, 19:35:32

That sucks.

Pride Game profile

Jan 20th 2013, 20:37:47

That's some bullfluff.

PDM didn't even hit the guy all set.

locket Game profile

Jan 20th 2013, 20:53:34

And perhaps I have more support for the idea of banning people who do fluff like this for no reason. We don't need people here with the sole intention of destroying people's countries.

flameo

Jan 20th 2013, 21:17:52

I guess we'll do the community service next set, any untagged in top 100 = kill

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Jan 20th 2013, 21:18:13

I am pretty sure its the guy who played
"Cleanup Aisle 1A" last set.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 20th 2013, 21:38:49

Originally posted by flameo:
I guess we'll do the community service next set, any untagged in top 100 = kill

do that to c r o a t i a and 1-2 others and you'll get long-time "friend".
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

archaic Game profile

Jan 20th 2013, 21:48:15

lol, gogy already hates us Marshall and this guy WAS one of his friends

snawdog Game profile

Jan 21st 2013, 2:47:40

I guess i will not tag PDM next set...Just farm/kill all untags i can...
This is bullfluffy,AND i am sure there is a clan waiting on their hero...
ICQ 364553524
msn

tellarion Game profile

Jan 21st 2013, 2:57:35

Yeah, it's ridiculous that people leave these guys alone, only to see them completely fluff people up later in the set. But if he's incin, the douchebag just doesn't give a fluff about anything. He grabbed us 4 days before the set ended based on something that happened over a month before and had nothing to do with him.

But, I'm just a sheep that doesn't know how to play the game, apparently.

archaic Game profile

Jan 21st 2013, 3:35:18

I spoke with him, apparently because PDM invented land trading, we have poisoned the integrity of the game. Ergo, he lives to punish us.

**shrugs**

bertz Game profile

Jan 21st 2013, 4:03:39

That sucks

grimjoww Game profile

Jan 21st 2013, 4:59:57

crap :(

locket Game profile

Jan 21st 2013, 16:26:04

He should go punish FFA instead because they were landtrading in EE before it was cool.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 21st 2013, 16:48:39

he played for 1.5 months just to screw up someone's round with missiles? heh

he also needs to work on his history, lol.

did he say who he was archaic? my guess is ivan...
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

archaic Game profile

Jan 21st 2013, 17:10:32

That was my guess also, but his sentences were pretty coherent. He does not want to hit any other active grabbing tags, so my guess is that he has an axe to grind with PDM. That also suggest Ivan, but I'd have hoped he'd be over the jihad by now. The mutual grabbing cat is pretty much out of the bag, the dev team has coded it into the game. This poor sap is swimming upstream. Oh well.

The problem with martyrdom in EE is that one gets to do it over and over again., that kind of takes the fun out of it.

Son Goku Game profile

Jan 21st 2013, 18:29:04

Unfortunately this is a major part of the game again. For all the changes we've made to make the player experience better, the suicider issue remains.

Nothing like losing 7 weeks in 30 seconds.

Rednose Game profile

Jan 21st 2013, 18:30:04

I hate this kind of douchebaggery

wari Game profile

Jan 21st 2013, 18:40:30

You can't stop progress. If a test run can net 280 mil, who knows what's possible if you try.

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Jan 21st 2013, 19:08:35

Sorry to see this PDM,

Im sure if RD hadn't warred they would have been the target as per usual.

Something needs to be put into place here
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

ebola Game profile

Jan 21st 2013, 19:40:50

I'm sorry for you guys (and girls) PDM :(, this sucks bigtime and I don't see any reason why you would deserve this.

We're small, old and inactive and several of us are stocking, but I've still put this guy up as offline kill for those of our members who can spare the turns, and I hope other, bigger, alliances will do the same so he can be taken out before he hurts more of you guys.

lymz Game profile

Jan 21st 2013, 22:29:03

OH NOES! Sorry to see that happen to you guys, I'm sure I'm just as likely a target. It's a real shame :-(

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2013, 22:50:52

If I ran the game I'd ban people for it.

archaic Game profile

Jan 21st 2013, 23:15:59

Yeah, but honestly, I think there is a place for it in the game if its used as a political tool. I'm not so big on it as it happened here, but if DANGER or DK started getting abused it would be one of the few weapons available to them. What is extended to a group should extend to individuals - IF we had been farming this guy all set - he would have been justified. I don't want to take that away necessarily, but its hard to weed out the dumbasses.

Sadly, this is probably going to result in some harsher treatment of a lot of untagged countries. A big part of the evolution of landtrading was to avoid farming untagged countries. Its kind of ironic that allowing those untaggde guys to thrive enabled them to suicide on us for . . . landtrading.

Oh well, I like to kill fluff, so it gives me something to do.

flameo

Jan 21st 2013, 23:47:57

Kill this set and all the subsequent sets. Non-farmed untagged warrants a kill, enough say.

locket Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 0:02:30

Archaic that is completely different. You guys did nothing to deserve it this set, just as Laf and RD have seen plenty of suiciding for multiple resets. If DANGER or DK get farmed then they have full rights to retaliate in whatever way they can. Somebody with a permanent grudge and nothing to lose shouldnt be in this game. Either that or they really need to nerf suiciders to only allow them to hit people who hit them like other servers.

archaic Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 0:07:58

That would be something I could support.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2013, 0:30:54

Yeah Archaic what you described is a different scenario and I agree with you there.

I'm talking about the people who play with the sole purpose of doing what they just did to you.

It has been far too easy to grief people in game for quite a while. It's the reason I don't play FFA at all. It's even worse there.

madjsp Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 0:50:46

convenient that Ivan hasn't made a peep in here. obviously, it's easy to deduce who the asshole is.
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

Sov Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 1:12:18

I'm pretty sure if Ivan was going to suicide anyone it would more likely be against me or possibly Helmet and not PDM. From what I understand Ivan no longer plays at all.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2013, 1:23:17

Who cares if it was ivan or not... the real issue afoot here is how easy it is to sucide on people.

1.5 months of work shouldn't be undone by 30 seconds of retard.

Darakna Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 1:56:37

being a jerk is not against the rules, welcome to life

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2013, 2:10:28

Originally posted by Darakna:

Pang makes the rules here! Welcome to the Internet :p

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 22nd 2013, 2:16:44

Originally posted by archaic:
Yeah, but honestly, I think there is a place for it in the game if its used as a political tool. I'm not so big on it as it happened here, but if DANGER or DK started getting abused it would be one of the few weapons available to them. What is extended to a group should extend to individuals - IF we had been farming this guy all set - he would have been justified. I don't want to take that away necessarily, but its hard to weed out the dumbasses.

This is really the issue; it's hard for the game mechanics to distinguish the two; we could multiply the returns by some complicated [exchanged hits] formula or something, but then that wouldn't factor in previous resets &etc; hard to say what the best approach is.

The missile formulas haven't been touched since Earth: 2025 though, so we could consider reviewing them perhaps.
Finally did the signature thing.

Sublime Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 2:32:23

Originally posted by Requiem:
Originally posted by Darakna:

Pang makes the rules here! Welcome to the Internet :p

People make the choice to play here! Welcome to the free market :-)

locket Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 2:45:46

Originally posted by qzjul:
Originally posted by archaic:

This is really the issue; it's hard for the game mechanics to distinguish the two; we could multiply the returns by some complicated <exchanged hit> formula or something, but then that wouldn't factor in previous resets &etc; hard to say what the best approach is.

The missile formulas haven't been touched since Earth: 2025 though, so we could consider reviewing them perhaps.

Why not put in a change that either makes special attacks on someone who has not attacked you extremely weak or simply make it impossible to do them unless attacked, similar to other servers. This could go hand in hand with the suggestion of alliances having to actively declare war through some sort of diplomacy tab. Why talk about the need to protect new players and not protect the people who matter most? Those who have been playing for years.

Edited By: qzjul on Jan 22nd 2013, 4:35:15
See Original Post

Pain Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 2:49:29

or how about just delete and ban constant griefers. its not like you dont know which accounts are doing it. almost every multiplayer game in existence has some type of griefer punishment system.
Your mother is a nice woman

bertz Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 2:59:04

QZ, you really should start banning or suspending accounts who suicides. Or add chance that Missiles explodes before it launches (damaging your own country) when Countries attacks with consecutive missiles.
(i.e First launch: 0%, second consecutive: 20%, third consecutive: 30%, reset chance to 0% when attacking with different type of attack)
That might slow down consecutive missiles.

iScode Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 3:02:56

why would you want to slow down consecutive missiles?

hey lets have an idea, we should remove all attacking and play sim city!!!!

or the countries in question could of got some SDI!!!!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Sublime Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 3:10:40

ooohh....best idea yet! You could invent a missile defense system and call it something like SDI!!!!

Pain Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 3:13:18

thats a stupid idea Sublime.

locket Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 3:15:06

I tried suggesting that awhile ago Pain/Bertz and people fluff on it. I'd love to see them banned but I suspect QZ wont go that route even though it would save players from quitting the game who are much more important to the growth of it than the griefers.

Pain Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 3:17:11

maybe EVO needs a few constant suiciders to see how annoying it is. although pang doesnt seem to care much about it either.

locket Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 3:28:49

Pang has given me some of his ideas he has had but none of them are implemented so I don't know what the specific reason is there but yah I agree with you to a certain point :P

iScode Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 3:33:51

so ban only constant greifers

so if i joined an alliance, say pdm, saved up then suicided a whole lot of countries in other alliances after a month and a half, then played properly for 3 sets, then did it again, i wouldnt get banned?

there are sooo many ways around that, i say netters just learn to better protect their countries and have better def for lower networth.

Suiciders are part of the game, dont change the game, change the way you play...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

locket Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 3:41:32

Netters protect their countries better than most war countries I have seen Scode. There is simply no way to defend against all attacks in this game. There is a reasonable amount of defense and then there is spending every single dollar on defense. And even if you do that there is always someone who can break you.

If you do that in PDM then you will very swiftly not have anywhere to play. Alliances police themselves for the most part. Individuals with nothing to lose can't be policed. Mods/admins could give warnings to the individual in question before a ban. Simply a statement saying they are being unproductive members of the community and that they can't continue as they are.

Devestation Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 3:48:59

Originally posted by iScode:
why would you want to slow down consecutive missiles?

hey lets have an idea, we should remove all attacking and play sim city!!!!

or the countries in question could of got some SDI!!!!

Scodey, there is a new Sim City coming out in the first week of march. If you're playing a multiplayer map, you will be able to cause negative effects to other cities on that map via excessive crime or pollution in your own city. Find another game. :)

iScode Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 3:49:10

locket while i agree with you that there is reasonable amount of defense those PDM countries clearly did not have reasonable amounts for that many missiles to get through.

I also agree that some members of this community should be banned for their actions, kj for one, hence why i helped kill him every time he popped up, but banning someone for suiciding, imo is not an option the mods should take.

what if that person feels they have been unjustly hurt by that alliance and this is the only way they can pay that alliance back? do alliances then get warnings for being unproductive members of the community and the possibility of the alliance being banned???

Alliances get suicided on due to leadership decisions, if you rage quit the game because you get suicided due to a leadership decision then that is your choice, however smarter choices would be to join an alliance that doesnt get suicided on or have leaders make bad decisions

(p.s. yes i know what i just said is completely and utterly hypocritical because i hide in an alliance and then suicided its allies to hurt the alliance i hide in, but no one does that anymore :P)
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Devestation Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 3:50:26

As for the fluffsucker that went for PDM- if you don't speak up on this forum and at least attempt to attach some political purpose for what you did, then really, I kind of have to agree that you need to be removed from the community.