Verified:

incin22 Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 8:13:19

You caught me. I'm evil incarnate. In fact, I'm a Sith Lord, and that's how I know the country specs. If we were skyping, I could force choke you, so be happy for that. Send the Jedi council to capture me.

That, or I let other untaggeds share my boxcar site to pool spy ops and as such can see their spy ops.

6 million isn't going to "defend" you. You're correct. There isn't really a number that actually defends an acreage count near 100k, or any acreage if someone wants to hit you enough... they can. I once had a 144% weapons dict with 27 mil turrets, 56k acres and Elitez still topfed me a decade ago. But when someone who is out for trouble sees a tasty morsel, it makes it them that much more hungry.

A lot of the defenseless baby turtles make it to the water after hatching, but some get picked up by birds too. They don't go for the ones who are wearing red/orange/blue and purple headbands and brandishing weapons

Edited By: incin22 on Jan 24th 2013, 8:15:25
See Original Post

locket Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 8:34:07

A group of suiciders then... fun ;) Perhaps you should out the mystery suicider then.

Your argument only proved my point in my opinion so meh.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 12:41:16

Originally posted by flameo:
If you are running solo in an alliance server, you are either a) someone else landfarm or b) a suicider. You got no chance of hitting a good finish flying solo in alliance server, better should just plan in the primary server.

#176 seems to be doing quite well.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

archaic Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 16:34:12

Originally posted by Marshal:
Originally posted by flameo:
If you are running solo in an alliance server, you are either a) someone else landfarm or b) a suicider. You got no chance of hitting a good finish flying solo in alliance server, better should just plan in the primary server.

#176 seems to be doing quite well.

Not really, I mean he has less stock than me and I'm not going to break 80M NW. He is doing well for an untagged, but not much chance of a top 50 finish. Most any all-X farmer on his acres will beat him, which is a direct benefit of tag protection. Not taking away anything from his finish - he proves that untagged can survive on the server, but not really thrive.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Trife Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 16:35:35

Originally posted by archaic:

Glad you get to arbitrarily 'justify' who gets to keep their acres, we all appreciate your service to the community.

alliances do the same thing all the time, but folks accept that as acceptable. why's it any different when it's just a single country?

Hohiro Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 16:48:28

Originally posted by Trife:

alliances do the same thing all the time, but folks accept that as acceptable. why's it any different when it's just a single country?

Exactly, I stopped this game some time ago, because this is what bigger alliances do to smaller ones just to get high finishes and you all whine because one country does this to a whole alliance ... but in both situations I really don't like it and think it just is bullying and bad style. There is no real honourable play here anymore.

Son Goku Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 17:14:57

Honorable play, lol

What game did you play?

Hohiro Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 17:26:41

Originally posted by Son Goku:
Honorable play, lol

What game did you play?

Obviously not in your alliance but in one with stricter rules and great people. Jerks were in the game all the time, but not in all alliances.

tellarion Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 17:36:20

Originally posted by MrCharcoal:
Why are we engaging these people in debates on their legitimacy?

You prepped for 30+ days to ruin the game for 1 person. That person is not someone who has ever harmed you.

You sir are a douchebag.

Pretty much end of story right there. All this talk about poor untaggeds getting beat up all the time is bullfluff. It's possible, albeit difficult, to successfully run a 'decent' untagged country, and even to have fewer grabs on you than many alliance countries do. In this case, PDM didn't touch the guy the entire set, and as others pointed out, he spent 1.5 months of playing just to ruin a few other peoples' experiences. Textboox douchebaggery.

As an aside, if one of my members farms an untagged and gets hit with missiles in return, that's the risk you take for farming someone. If it's one or two hits that get retalled super hard, then we 'might' kill it, but generally I sent a nice message ingame and try to work it out.

Trife Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 18:18:54

Originally posted by tellarion:

You prepped for 30+ days to ruin the game for 1 person. That person is not someone who has ever harmed you.

You sir are a douchebag.

Pretty much end of story right there. All this talk about poor untaggeds getting beat up all the time is bullfluff. It's possible, albeit difficult, to successfully run a 'decent' untagged country, and even to have fewer grabs on you than many alliance countries do. In this case, PDM didn't touch the guy the entire set, and as others pointed out, he spent 1.5 months of playing just to ruin a few other peoples' experiences. Textboox douchebaggery.

As an aside, if one of my members farms an untagged and gets hit with missiles in return, that's the risk you take for farming someone. If it's one or two hits that get retalled super hard, then we 'might' kill it, but generally I sent a nice message ingame and try to work it out.

so it's acceptable when alliances perform textboox douchebaggery, but OMG WTF R U DOIN horrible when a single country does it?

'iles in return, that's the risk you take for farming someone. If it's one or two hits that get retalled super hard, then we 'might' kill it'

so yeah, kill the country because he retaled you hard. that's totally not 'textboox' douchebaggery.

the hypocrisy in this thread is OVER 9000!

locket Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 20:28:00

Trife the comparison to what this country did would be a clan FSing for no reason over no issues with 2 weeks left and that is never looked up as fine so I dunno what you are arguing here.

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 20:33:58

This is an alliance server. If you want to play untagged, there are other servers available for your enjoyable gameplay experience. If you want to play untagged in an alliance server, you automatically and immediately accept to be farmland for everyone else.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

archaic Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 21:54:01

Lol @ Trife, I'll remember this thread the next time somebody suicieds LCN.

Remember Trife, I was the guy up above (assuming you read any of the thread) that was against banning suiciders. Even Incin, who is an absolute fluffhead and a pox upon the game, has a right to play. That does not mean that I can't call him a fluffhead when he says fluffhead things.

Next set, when everybody is killing untagged countries in a wholesale slaughter to prevent suiciders to prevent this from happening again - I'm sure they will all appreciate your advacocy on their behalf.

Trife Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 22:04:55

Lol @ Trife, I'll remember this thread the next time somebody suicieds LCN.

Remember Trife, I was the guy up above (assuming you read any of the thread) that was against banning suiciders. Even Incin, who is an absolute fluffhead and a pox upon the game, has a right to play. That does not mean that I can't call him a fluffhead when he says fluffhead things.

Next set, when everybody is killing untagged countries in a wholesale slaughter to prevent suiciders to prevent this from happening again - I'm sure they will all appreciate your advacocy on their behalf.

i tend not to read things, just offer my .02$. reading is overrated! books are for nerds

Trife Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 22:09:05

hrmmm that could have interesting results. with playing untagged not an option any more, i figure the suiciders will join alliances, enjoy their tag protection while stocking up for awhile, and then suicide from the established alliances' tag. now instead of only the targeted alliance hurting, the hosting alliance will be hurt because it'll either cause bad blood between the alliances, or reparations to be sought. mission accomplished?

Marshal Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 22:49:57

solution: no1 accepts new members.

:P

Zahc Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 2:41:20

when u have 90k acres and no sdi this will always be an issue. the best way to prevent getting suicided is to make it as hard as possible to get suicided. 90k acres and 50k sdi tech is just asking for it.

i know its expensive to buy that much sdi but it beats getting missiled by some asshat. worth it in the long run when your making 50m cash a turn
llort orp s`fos

LATC Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 3:41:21

man that rly sucks.. but how come none of them had any SDI??? I always make it a point to have a decent SDI/tanks, esp this late in the set!
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

iScode Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 3:58:14

Originally posted by iScode:
locket while i agree with you that there is reasonable amount of defense those PDM countries clearly did not have reasonable amounts for that many missiles to get through.

I also agree that some members of this community should be banned for their actions, kj for one, hence why i helped kill him every time he popped up, but banning someone for suiciding, imo is not an option the mods should take.

what if that person feels they have been unjustly hurt by that alliance and this is the only way they can pay that alliance back? do alliances then get warnings for being unproductive members of the community and the possibility of the alliance being banned???

Alliances get suicided on due to leadership decisions, if you rage quit the game because you get suicided due to a leadership decision then that is your choice, however smarter choices would be to join an alliance that doesnt get suicided on or have leaders make bad decisions

(p.s. yes i know what i just said is completely and utterly hypocritical because i hide in an alliance and then suicided its allies to hurt the alliance i hide in, but no one does that anymore :P)

Scode, 544 had about 50% SDI before the 23 nukes were launched at him. For a 90k+ acre country, that is a LOT of tech and a LOT of cash spent on it. I'd say that was pretty damn reasonable. And it meant he only lost 40k acres instead of 60 or 70k....

I disagree, i believe 80-90% SDI to be reasonable he would of lost far less...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

locket Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 5:47:08

Reasonable? thats near max -_-

flameo

Jan 25th 2013, 11:35:58

A single country, untagged or in an alliance can pull a sting like this. In response, for an alliance case, this will escalate into a war. Same goes with the untagged right? since we cant pinpoint individual person within the the untagged, we just kill each one of them that we deemed a nuisance or a threat. So your argument stating that "an alliance can do this but an untagged cant" is invalid.

banning a suicider is equivalent to giving red card to a soccer player or sin-binning a footy player or whatever the equivalent is to American sports. Why not doing it?

tellarion Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 15:50:05

You sir are a douchebag.

so it's acceptable when alliances perform textboox douchebaggery, but OMG WTF R U DOIN horrible when a single country does it?

'iles in return, that's the risk you take for farming someone. If it's one or two hits that get retalled super hard, then we 'might' kill it'

so yeah, kill the country because he retaled you hard. that's totally not 'textboox' douchebaggery.

the hypocrisy in this thread is OVER 9000!

By retalled hard, I mean launching a storm of missiles over a few grabs, or trying to farm the rest of my tag. If one of my members hits an untagged person 4-5 times, and the untagged launches 4-5 missiles, sucks for my member. Look at #1061 for an example. Notice how we're not killing some of those untaggeds.

snawdog Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 16:37:32

hrmmm that could have interesting results. with playing untagged not an option any more, i figure the suiciders will join alliances, enjoy their tag protection while stocking up for awhile, and then suicide from the established alliances' tag. now instead of only the targeted alliance hurting, the hosting alliance will be hurt because it'll either cause bad blood between the alliances, or reparations to be sought. mission accomplished?

COULD have interesting results,assuming that no one in RaT dept is keeping an eye on any new members country growth.
Pretty obvious to spot a suicide build...
ICQ 364553524
msn

Trife Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 17:09:50

Originally posted by snawdog:

COULD have interesting results,assuming that no one in RaT dept is keeping an eye on any new members country growth.
Pretty obvious to spot a suicide build...

you guys just going to stop accepting anyone who knows how to play then? lol k

wari Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 19:12:15

No, if we did that we'd probably end up looking like LCN does now.

snawdog Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 20:33:28

BA-BAM!
ICQ 364553524
msn

Trife Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 21:08:05

Originally posted by wari:
No, if we did that we'd probably end up looking like LCN does now.

aw, that wasn't nice.

see you next set!

*wink*

archaic Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 21:47:07

So, let me get this straight Trife. We got suicided and didn't like it and said so. You are critical of our dislike of suiciders and now you are threatening to end up in our news next set over it? Does this mean you are going to turn LCN into your personal suicider squad to express your personal feelings?

Its already a real long stretch to 11th place Trife, and there are many many folks in PDM that would like nothing more than to grant your wish. Methinks that the sense of nostalgia that some of PDM's leadership seems to feel towards LCN might wear thin if you guys were to push your luck.

Now, I've changed my ways and I'm no longer a hardassed AT rage-troll. Seeing you guys set to DNH doesn't bother me at all, because the new Archaic doesn't hold grudges. BUT, I also don't consider the loss of a netting set that high of a price to pay to unbury the hatchet.

Do whats best for LCN Trife, stay out of our news. Thats about a thin of a veil as I can find.

tisya Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 22:09:27

Trifey, why are you trolling? :P
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

Trife Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 22:17:03

Oh for the love of god.. If I was going to suicide anyone, do you think I'm going to give them a warning like that?

I haven't been in leadership or a head in LCN for a good number of resets, so I dunno where you're getting the idea that I speak for LCN or even that people listen to me. Hell, I was labeled the best FA PDM's ever had by more than one person for me bending over backwards in negotiations with you guys in order to work things out to the displeasure of my members. Things eventually didn't work out that reset as we all know, but I bet I can say I was/am the most PDM friendly member in LCN. So relax, you guys don't have anything to be worried of, Trife likes to run his mouth, and I wanted to put the seed of uncertainty into wari's mind for his meanie pants comment.

Simmer simmer down nowww

Trife Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 22:18:50

Originally posted by tisya:
Trifey, why are you trolling? :P

because i'm bored at work, it's been real slow since we got a few inches of snow.. :(

or it was a grand scheme just to talk to you!

tisya Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 22:29:15

You could've just messaged me on gtalk you poog :P
Tisya

wari Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 22:48:19

I'm fairly certain I'm going to be suicided going into EVERY reset LOL. Good luck finding somewhere to plant your seed, though :)

11TH PLACE IS MINE FTW

Trife Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 22:50:44

I'm fairly certain I'm going to be suicided going into EVERY reset LOL. Good luck finding somewhere to plant your seed, though :)

11TH PLACE IS MINE FTW

ohhhh i've already planted my seed way up in ya :)

Rolangunslinger Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 23:12:18

11TH PLACE IS MINE FTW

ohhhh i've already planted my seed way up in ya :)

ewwwwwwwwwww

snawdog Game profile

Jan 26th 2013, 0:14:12

/waves at 'Slinga..Like ..HEYA! Wassup?
ICQ 364553524
msn

Sublime Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 20:46:41

Sorry, but I think the concept of editing the nature of the game to better suit people in already powerful alliances is completely unnecessary. You as the netter have an obligation to weigh the risk and reward of maintaining 50% SDI....all changing the missile format and banning suiciders would do is simply enable higher networth finishes for all netters, which does not increase competition. What happened to the country is regrettable, really....but perhaps you'll reconsider the next time doing multiple landgrabs on one country and replying to their message with "Get defense, join an alliance, this is the alliance server".

locket Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 20:49:42

Originally posted by Sublime:
Sorry, but I think the concept of editing the nature of the game to better suit people in already powerful alliances is completely unnecessary. You as the netter have an obligation to weigh the risk and reward of maintaining 50% SDI....all changing the missile format and banning suiciders would do is simply enable higher networth finishes for all netters, which does not increase competition. What happened to the country is regrettable, really....but perhaps you'll reconsider the next time doing multiple landgrabs on one country and replying to their message with "Get defense, join an alliance, this is the alliance server".

The countries in question and MANY of the suicided ones in Alliance server did not touch the suiciders. Heck PDM didn't touch this person at all. Someone losing 3/4 of their sets work in 1 minute is stupid when any suicider can do it.

Sublime Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 1:13:36

You dont eat 24 nukes because you've never crossed a person. Someone nukes you 24 times because they do not like you for one reason or another. We don't go out and alter the rules of the game to reduce the risk simply to provide you with a better opportunity to reach a higher score.....ask for cheat codes if that's what you want. Then when you get to a higher score you can have an asterisk next to your name!

locket Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 1:42:19

They nuked them because they supposedly started landtrading on the server. That is not pissing someone off. Nice to see more suicider supporters though.

Sublime Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 1:49:07

Just because I don't favor you modifying the rules of the game to bolster your score and compete with better netters, does not make me a suicider supporter.

flameo

Jan 28th 2013, 3:15:51

dont need change the rules, just kill all potential untagged sucidiers.

agusjo Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 4:13:07

KILLLLLLLLL

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2013, 9:57:16

Originally posted by locket:

The countries in question and MANY of the suicided ones in Alliance server did not touch the suiciders. Heck PDM didn't touch this person at all. Someone losing 3/4 of their sets work in 1 minute is stupid when any suicider can do it.
You can't say PDM did nothing to anger this guy when they easily could have hit a previous country of his or landtraded and "robbed" him of a top 10 or something similar.

Alliances go to war for much less.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

tisya Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 11:09:50

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
Originally posted by locket:

You can't say PDM did nothing to anger this guy when they easily could have hit a previous country of his or landtraded and "robbed" him of a top 10 or something similar.

Alliances go to war for much less.

We could have however, we might never have touched him at all. His reply didn't indicate that we had grabbed him. But if we had, then the potential suicider could easily have come and talk to me. :P
Tisya

TAN Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 11:10:20

ffs leave Trifey alone!
FREEEEEDOM!!!

tisya Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 11:17:03

He doesn't want me to leave him alone! :P
Tisya

Marshal Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 12:16:28

who would?

TAN Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 13:54:16

Originally posted by tisya:
He doesn't want me to leave him alone! :P

I meant the people badgering him about his "threats" and "suiciding"...etc.

Trife is like a sexual rabbit.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

tisya Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 15:27:39

I knew what you meant. I was trying to distract them but nooo you just had to point it out. Anyway, he is MY sexual rabbit (with attachments!) :P
Tisya