Verified:

dagga Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 13:30:01

Breathlessly you announced how well your Facebook page was going. How all the old folks were so excited at 'coming back' and rejoining the game you once played, since fled. It's easy to motivate the troops to come back and 'make a splash' and play the gangbang card. Unfortunately, the gangbang card is a card once played is hard to take back. You learned that the hard way through your failed ventures in the TIL debacle. A gangbang coalition with SOF as a primary ally that lead to an eventually humiliating defeat. A coalition that stated its intention was server dominance, a dominance that would only be assured through complete destruction of SOL, and at the time ARROW, RAGE and STEEL. Your theory was that gangbangs stop people from playing the game, hence weakening the opposition.

Maybe you didnt get the memo on your Facebook party page, but this game is at an interesting crossroads. Players are slowly trickling back to alliances. The game is growing slowly, but growing. The main goal of players/administrators in this game at the moment is to have fun, but make sure actions are taken to ensure the continued growth of the game. I thought we were making progress in making sure most contests were at the very least even, and aggressively targeting stupid and pointless wars (see: imagnum). Now, it's at this stage that answers are demanded of your intentions. If you had any sense of showing you had at least an ounce of ticker, of balls, of chutzpah, maybe you should announce them. It is an open secret that SOF (I am only assuming heavily influenced by a TIL-reminiscent and love struck Helmet - this makes makes me sad) would rather create a coalition of the willing with MD than with SOL. While we are more than happy to resume old acquaintances, it is the side effects of your blind actions that people should be most worried about. Completely unwarranted hits on RD last set, dumb hits on NA this set, LAFs bullying of PDM, it all flies against what, at the end of the day, is the common goal here: get the server back to a couple of thousand players instead of 700.

SOL is an alliance that won't go away. I think we have proven to be at the very least, stubborn. We dont mind being hit by 3 alliances and can probably cop it like that for several resets in a row and still not be affected - its the side effects, the other alliances that maybe you should think about before completing your "one and done" tour. See, I think you guys are the biggest cancer possible in this game. The sort of cancer that destroyed alliances back in Earth 2025 and will surely kill alliances in this version also. You fly under the banner of righteousness yet are anything but that. Only LCN has a legitimate case to be participating in this resets' adventures. I just hope you stick around for a few resets and dont fade into the darkness like you did before, I will give you a benefit of the doubt that despite your weak efforts this set you are here to be competitive and not stupid. Up for a fight yet not a rubber kneed bunch of pussies.

The question stands, are you going to contribute or are we going to see you idiots try to reincarnate the great "Ivy League".
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

anoniem Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 13:45:24

I really hope there aren't idiots out there who believe the crap you just wrote.

signatures may be stupid, but you're fu cking dumb.
re(ally)tired

trumper Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 13:47:14

trumper Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 13:47:42

Originally posted by dagga:
" The game is growing slowly, but growing. The main goal of players/administrators in this game at the moment is to have fun, but make sure actions are taken to ensure the continued growth of the game.
See, I think you guys are the biggest cancer possible.
SOL is an alliance that won't go away."

Let's follow the logic here. The goal is to grow the number of players. MD bringing back lots of old players who hadn't played on EE is a cancer because they gangbanged SOL. SOL's players are resolute and won't go away.

So how is bringing back old players a cancer again? If SOL won't go away from gangbanging and it's helping bring back old players then wouldn't you want to make the argument "you're welcome" to all of us?

Otherwise it seems like you're just whining in another fashion.

dagga Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 13:48:05

Play the whiner card trumper. It's nice and easy.
signatures are stupid.

trumper Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 13:48:51

Play the whiner card trumper. It's nice and easy.

It's easy when it's true.

Ozzite Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 13:49:53

SPIN DAGGA SPIN
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

dagga Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 13:50:32

It's easy when you've got nothing else to say. It's really tired and you avoided the main point which is - do you (LCN) think being part of a new TIL is going to be good for the game. Maybe your incredible intellect hasn't considered that question yet.
signatures are stupid.

trumper Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 13:51:50

Seriously, Dagga, re-read your own logic:
1. MD returning old players (addint to overall #).
2. EE needs more players and everyone is supposedly working toward this goal.
3. MD cancer for gangbanging because game needs more players.
4. SOL won't go away because of gangbang.

So I'm back to square one. If a gangbang of SOL enabled more players to return to the game and it won't affect the number of SOL's players then shouldn't you be happy based on your point that the overall goal is to increase the number of players?

trumper Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 13:54:03

It's easy when you've got nothing else to say. It's really tired and you avoided the main point which is - do you (LCN) think being part of a new TIL is going to be good for the game. Maybe your incredible intellect hasn't considered that question yet.

Where was that question? I read where you wrote:
"Only LCN has a legitimate case to be participating in this resets' adventures."

Seems pretty clearcut to me. The thread title and gist of your post were about MD participating in a gangbang.

dagga Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 13:54:29

trumper you're an idiot. The real questions are;

1. Are MD going to disband after one reset
2. Correct.
3. Are you such a mental midget you cant see the bigger picture?
4. Correct - but this isn't about SOL, it's about other alliances, who will fold.

It is possible to think outside of your own selfish sphere, you know.
signatures are stupid.

Ozzite Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 13:55:24

dagga Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 13:58:25

ozzite - laf (?)
trumper - lcn
anoniem - Evo (get over it, it was years ago)
signatures are stupid.

Ozzite Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 14:00:16

I am in Evo currently and when it was originally formed, but haven't been for most of its existence

dagga Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 14:00:34

What a shock.
signatures are stupid.

Ozzite Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 14:03:11

That someone outside of your conflict who has had minimal interactions with sol thinks you are nuts?

trumper Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 14:04:28

trumper you're an idiot. The real questions are;

1. Are MD going to disband after one reset
2. Correct.
3. Are you such a mental midget you cant see the bigger picture?
4. Correct - but this isn't about SOL, it's about other alliances, who will fold.

Maybe I should remind you I didn't mention LCN until you brought them up. I was talking about MD and the fallacies in your bizarre line of logic (aka grow the game except don't grow the game when it doesn't suit your purposes).

Of course maybe I'm selfish by not agreeing with you. I mean a contrary opinion makes one selfish. SOL's goals are always noble. And your points are always valid.

dagga Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 14:04:45

Well as far as I can see, most of the anti-SOL resentment from Evo is mostly because of Slagpit and a war we had ages ago.
signatures are stupid.

dagga Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 14:09:58

trumper, maybe I can spell it out for you a bit easier...

- MD forming from Facebook and pissing off after a few resets is not growing the game.
- Constant hitting of alliances with no provocation will lead to them disbanding.
- Continual non-competitive wars will be a return to the bad old days.

Wouldn't you rather you and LaF FS us and win as opposed to a gangbang that means nothing for anyone. I mean, who cares if you gather enough players to destroy someone elses game with no reason and no competition. It's stupid. Please debate that point.

signatures are stupid.

Ozzite Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 14:12:36

Well as far as I can see, most of the anti-SOL resentment from Evo is mostly because of Slagpit and a war we had ages ago.

Wasn't in evo then

dagga Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 14:13:10

DISCLAIMER: Gangbanging imagnum is exempt from above conversation! Any other forms of gangbang are bad for the game.
signatures are stupid.

trumper Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 14:17:21

trumper, maybe I can spell it out for you a bit easier...

- MD forming from Facebook and pissing off after a few resets is not growing the game.
- Constant hitting of alliances with no provocation will lead to them disbanding.
- Continual non-competitive wars will be a return to the bad old days.

Wouldn't you rather you and LaF FS us and win as opposed to a gangbang that means nothing for anyone. I mean, who cares if you gather enough players to destroy someone elses game with no reason and no competition. It's stupid. Please debate that point.

I'll quote Chairman Mao Zedong, "Where you sit is where you stand."

I think wars enhance the political element of the game. I think what's happened in the last few resets will play into Servant's point about the power of FSs and I suspect they will adjust the game rules to make them less powerful or at least to take it longer to kill a country. And I don't necessarily oppose those efforts.

I think any new players are growing the game. I also think once you come back for a reset or two and get hit, develop a vengenance, etc, then it is harder to leave the game.

I think constant hitting of alliances with no real provocation will lead them to develop gangbangs of you in the future.

I don't remember the 'bad old days' as bad old days. That's your subjective stance imposed on the game play at the time. And I recall the time period you're referring to being a slow political buildup.

table4two Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 14:21:44

cry me a river dagga!! that post had hidden agenda written all over it.

dagga Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 14:24:48

Thats bullfluff trumper. First strikes are decided by alliance leaders. The power of first strikes is 80% when whoever leads your alliance decides that you dont want a contest and would prefer to just screw up a reset, not only for the target, but your own alliance. Are you going to be having fun in a week? LCN will be still hitting restarts, not getting a good NW finish and generally writing off the reset. There must be a better way than this rubbish. You have a beef with us, we're cool with that. But your decision to join in on a gangbang is not the way forward and you need to take some ownership.

Sometimes the onus is not only on game admins to stop stupidity.
signatures are stupid.

JanPaul

Jun 24th 2011, 14:36:14

DISCLAIMER: Gangbanging imagnum is exempt from above conversation! Any other forms of gangbang are bad for the game.

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 14:44:30

Perhaps we've conveniently forgotten what happened to SOL when Arrow left the game after Project Arcturus. SOL was there, politically isolated, with no allies to speak of (except the rabble of tiny clans that SOL was able to convince to scrape themselves together and fight for a doomed coalition). SOL had no choice but to join with IX, in what would eventually become known as SLIT. It was either that, or face certain annihilation. IX and co were already the most powerful coalition on the server; SOL joining them just made it that much stronger. What followed was the fastest playership decline in the history of 1a.

Maybe we've also forgotten what happened after SLIT broke up (for the second time, IIRC). SOL turned against its long-time ally IX and FSed IX in almost every subsequent reset until IX disbanded (IIRC, NA FSed SOL one set or something). After IX disbanded, there was a power vacuum so massive that both SOL and SoF got sucked in, and decided they'd try to rule the server themselves--by FSing random netting alliances for the next year and a half, often with no warning or reason. True, those netters did get some victories over SOL and SoF, but SOL and SoF just kept coming until the netters didn't want to fight anymore. All that started almost 2 years ago, and has been going on ever since (with the exception of SoF, which got bored of hitting the same netters over and over early on). Netters have very long memories.

And now we come to the current reset. Of course, MD wouldn't hit SoF; SoF and MD have been allies since the beginning of time (~8 years?). Manipulation attempts from SOL (and probably RD as well) towards other alliances only resulted in their own deaths. And MD was never a very close friend to SOL. LCN had to get its hits in due to what happened last reset (and 2 resets before that). It was only logical.

Now that the little history lesson is out of the way, a question:

So which alliance is more responsible for more players leaving the game--MD or SOL?

MD--Left the game when Earth:2025 shut down. Had been on a steady membership decline, due to wars with other alliances (which often resulted in MD's death). Before that, MD and SoF were like this ---->..<----, and were basically their own power bloc that almost only joined wars when they were asked to by a coalition, or when someone else threatened them, which wasn't often. Generally, no one messed with them, and they messed with no one else. Sure, they broke a few promises here and there, but that's ancient history. They recently came to EE, bringing ~75 extra players with them, and took part in a gangbang on SOL (which has said that none of their members would leave, even if they were gangbanged for multiple resets).

SOL--Have been involved in coalition warfare since their birth, and almost only when the odds were massively in their favor. A few netting resets sprinkled in to take a break from the day-to-day life of running warchats all day. Have recently been involved in FSing smaller netting alliances for little to no reason (and by 'recently', I mean since ~2 years ago), and manipulation of said netting alliances in an attempt to keep them from uniting against SOL. Most of these netting alliances have lost many good players, and, in a time when players are at their lowest, that's not good.

You decide.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Ozzite Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 14:46:48

Perhaps we've conveniently forgotten that no one should ever take what dagga says seriously

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 14:47:54

I'm not taking him seriously; I'm just feeding him.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Ozzite Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 15:04:00

:)

trumper Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 15:05:33

Thats bullfluff trumper. First strikes are decided by alliance leaders. The power of first strikes is 80% when whoever leads your alliance decides that you dont want a contest and would prefer to just screw up a reset, not only for the target, but your own alliance. Are you going to be having fun in a week? LCN will be still hitting restarts, not getting a good NW finish and generally writing off the reset. There must be a better way than this rubbish. You have a beef with us, we're cool with that. But your decision to join in on a gangbang is not the way forward and you need to take some ownership.

Sometimes the onus is not only on game admins to stop stupidity.

You asked my opinion on your question, doesn't mean we have to agree. Remember the whole selfish sphere? I think it applies when you presume your opinion is the only valid one in the room. After all, this isn't Congress.

With that said, I have played this game off and on since 1998. When I started the players were on dialup, multies were rampant and wars were 200+ people on one side. I think the game has changed and I think it's too easy to kill someone in under a minute. But that's just the opinion of an old-timer.

Ozzite Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 15:07:33

I agree trumper, we need to bring back mutlies!

trumper Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 15:26:01

Originally posted by Ozzite:
I agree trumper, we need to bring back mutlies!

They were easy land

Havoc Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 15:26:59

Ahhh and this is why I don't give a fluff about 1a politics.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

CeyLonTEa Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 15:28:15

RD* sighting

Sir Balin Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 15:28:54

why does anyone reply to dagga?

trumper Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 15:34:01

Originally posted by Sir Balin:
why does anyone reply to dagga?

Fastest way to burn time on a Friday morning after I have read every relevant news story to my job

archaic Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 15:44:45

TIL? Seriously?

/me is recalling . . .

Nine years ago? Most of us have kids now, I'll be 40 in 3 months. It was a different game in a different time (dial-up FS FTW!) with different politics and a FEW of the same players.

Let----------it---------go

Trying to blame the demise of the game on MD? Valueless.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 24th 2011, 16:01:44

LOL... talking about a "cancer to the game" and what is and isn't good for the game is absolutely hilarious :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Helmet Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 16:06:43

Originally posted by NukEvil:

And now we come to the current reset. Of course, MD wouldn't hit SoF; SoF and MD have been allies since the beginning of time (~8 years?). Manipulation attempts from SOL (and probably RD as well) towards other alliances only resulted in their own deaths. And MD was never a very close friend to SOL. LCN had to get its hits in due to what happened last reset (and 2 resets before that). It was only logical.

+1 for the above.

MD and SOF have been allies/friends since like '99 or so. FYI.

Helmet Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 16:09:39

Also, I'll say the same thing I said to RD. Last set we needed a target and what better target than an alliance that destroyed the game for me and many others with the use of bots/multies. In my mind they had it coming. If you don't want to take a pot shot for past cheating, don't play in an alliance that ruined the game for hundreds of people.

Mr Midnight

Jun 24th 2011, 16:28:19

quite a few of the new RD'ers didnt cheat back in 2025, and didnt run you out of the game

so you killed an entire tag to get back at a few of the people who ruined your fun what, 5 or more years ago?

Locutus Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 16:36:42

tl;dr

MDers: Do not feed the troll.

That concludes all MD statements on this thread.

Flamey Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 16:38:56

Maybe that, or maybe it was the fact that RD approached some of our DPs about hitting us the start of that set, because you overeacted to apo's thread asking wheter RD was still killing PDM.

Forgotten

Jun 24th 2011, 16:49:32

Question becomes :

1) Why are there new RDers joining RD? For what purpose? The school yard bully in elementary is no longer the school yard bully in highschool, and yet you still join him? Just to be cool and have a Mr. xxxx handle?

2) RD ran people out of the game, RD is here, SoF hits RD for that, simple. Why do you follow the same sports team when none of the players were there 10 years ago? Because THAT'S YOUR TEAM.

3) RD's core who wanted to bring RD to EE made a bad decision at the start. They should have went covert, and just retire the RD name. Create a new identity, new alliance, new website and start from there. RD could have kept their little secret forum in some dark corners of the internets, and no one here would have cared.

Would SoF hit 'RD' if they hadn't known it was 'RD'? Probably not.

And dagga, so FSing random netting alliances and driving their players out of the game is ok, but being gangbanged by said netting alliances is not?

It looks different on the other side of the fence doesn't it?

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Flamey Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 16:55:26

RD are a bunch of IXers and a trickle of ragnarok players. A bit overlap with RD, but no one is ultra serious about that lol.

MR BUTTMAN

Jun 24th 2011, 16:58:40

i like turtles

iNouda Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 16:59:35

Why blame iMag for what SOL has been doing all along? We don't randomly FS peeps just for kicks and giggles, all our past wars in recent sets have had a reason behind them (NA: pact disputes, attempted assassination of our leadership, SOL: coming to LCN/ICN's aid, Sanct: friendly agreed upon end of set war)

SOL has been bullying clans smaller than them (including imag) for so many sets, attempting to drive them out of the game.

trumper Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 17:00:40

Originally posted by MR BUTTMAN:
i like turtles

Fear the Turtle!

Helmet Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 17:01:18

Originally posted by Mr Midnight:
quite a few of the new RD'ers didnt cheat back in 2025, and didnt run you out of the game

so you killed an entire tag to get back at a few of the people who ruined your fun what, 5 or more years ago?

I don't know who was there then or now. I guess that's the problem with having a bunch of aliases isn't it?

Reckless Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 17:04:56

If SoF thought it was going to be hit WHY was hit MD-LaF-LCN hitting SOL and not SoF themselves?