Verified:

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 16th 2013, 23:25:39

Message from Coventry City BORG (#109) sent on Feb 16, 23:08
Report this message
Retal for hitting my ally, USS Enterprise E. Any more attacks and we'll break you.

This is insulting, I don't like cheaters that work together. They need to be removed from the server

I got grabbed by USS Enterprise. I retaliated. Then I receive this message threatening to work together to destroy me!

Warster, where are you????

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 16th 2013, 23:34:27

There's a 'report message' link above each message in your inbox. I used that once this set, and the country that sent the offending message to me got deleted.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 16th 2013, 23:38:17

I need to get my retal in on this guy before he's deleted :)

Warster Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 1:02:28

first you need to report him or his message
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 1:26:54

I did that! :)

Delete them both. He double tapped me.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 1:30:21

Warster, I sent all my missles at him because you didn't delete him fast enough.

Is my missle attack warranted?

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 17th 2013, 2:16:50

For once I agree with Mr Tits. Look at the Enterprise countries. I reported them already. They grab in tandem and have really similar country names and this Borg guy helps them out as well.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 2:22:30

I have a feeling they're sharing spy ops considering my spal is 10X better and he hasn't failed an op on me...

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 2:22:43

And by he I mean #109

Warster Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 2:30:40

SM you haven't reported it, you haven't made a player tip

PP your player was you calling them multi's due to name which was incorrect,

until you report it correctly i wont even look at it. everyone has been told reporting it on the forum will not get it looked at.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 2:31:55

nevermind the new mod tools werent showing when new reports came in, thanks for the message report

Edited By: Warster on Feb 17th 2013, 2:34:45
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 2:39:09

I was about to say, I think I reported it after I saw your first post a few hrs ago

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 2:57:54

aww man, was gonna throw some more spy ops at him :(

Thanks for keeping the game clean, warster!

mdemon Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 4:17:52

lol... I don't think that if I message someone that I land grab them for hitting an ally, means that I'm cheating or that my ally and I are working together.

Maybe, it was just a strategy to land grab and not get retaliated.

But that is just me :P

blid

EE Patron

Feb 17th 2013, 4:21:12

All we can go by is the reasons he gave, which are forbidden... heh
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

silentwolf Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 5:02:05

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
For once I agree with Mr Tits. Look at the Enterprise countries. I reported them already. They grab in tandem and have really similar country names and this Borg guy helps them out as well.

not all enterprise name countries cheat ! :P

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 5:29:14

Well if they were sharing spy ops, that's a reason for deletion... Warster never said why they were deleted

paygan Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 7:56:10

What is all this assumption?

I ran Coventry City BORG and have not cheated. I made an ally and co-operated socially with him. Nothing more

That is what the game is all about.

You deleted my country because you couldn't take the retals - you wimp!

Warster Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 8:10:31

SOLO SERVER,

no assumption you admitted it in your message end of story
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

paygan Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 8:13:57

Why is sharing spy ops a reason for deletion?

Are wars banned on the Express Server?

Is socializing not allowed anymore in game?

There is nothing in the server details rules about sharing spy ops being a cause of cheating?

USS Enterprise E (don't remember his number) started sharing spy ops with me early in the game. I have to admit, so I didn't think there was anything wrong with that. I did send him a spy report to him on you and we were planning a big guerilla strike takedown of Fascist Missler (#102) today.

This seems a lot fairer way to fight than deleting countries cos you're buddies with the moderator...

paygan Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 8:17:47

admitted what?

Socializing?

Working with allies?

I am still unsure what the reason for deletion is here?

Shouting SOLO SERVER doesn't mean anything. Is it for Han Solo or something?

braden Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 8:18:53

"Why is sharing spy ops a reason for deletion?"

"team play" on a "solo server"

paygan Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 8:26:33

Well put that in the rules then. Don't make up rules on here that aren't in the game. There's nothing I read there that two players can't make friends and co-operate, we weren't an alliance or a team.

braden Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 8:32:35

no, but when you ostensibly act like one you will be treated as one. (ie deleted)

if you don't want to be deleted, it's very easy. play as your own individual. anything past YOUR OWN capabilities, is not playing as your own individual and it will get you deleted.

you and just about any single other "new" player will have this same problem because "they" (they being the "ubiquitous" "them") simply refuse to write it down.

paygan Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 8:32:53

Coventry City has been playing the game this way for over 16 years (check country ranked number 6 in report below)

http://wiki.earthempires.com/...100_Players_Nov_98_Game_A

I've never had a problem like this before or been deleted for working with other countries. That's the fun of the game!

braden Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 8:34:40

hi, i used to run hundreds of countries and kill just about anybody whom i pleased. but since we aren't talking over a decade ago, welcome to, i don't know, two thousand and thirteen?

paygan Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 8:35:10

My own capabilities include a high capacity for making friends and working with others. This should not be discouraged.

braden Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 8:36:20

"That's the fun of the game!"

"the game" being the team server, alliance server or free for all server. those are team based servers, you can cooperate. on the "no team cooperation servers" your 1998 argument holds little to no water :(

braden Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 8:37:13

thats great

i'll bring my alliance server tag over to express, all like 40+ of us will team up against you and your piddly friends.

how long can i do this before you stand up and say this is no longer fun for me?

paygan Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 8:48:40

BORG hasn't been an alliance server tag since the CoR wars that no-one here will remember.

My alliance tag is MD, which has over 100+ countries who could have a word with your 40+.

USS Enterprise E isn't in MD, we didn't trade names. To be honest, he did write and suggest we team up in the next round, but I did not reply to that nor would I have done. There was no attempt by me to retain a relationship or team up again in future games after the server ended. We didn't exchange names or get personal. I just sent him an ally request at the start of the game as we were closely ranked and had both Star Trek themed countries. We got chatting and sent a few spy ops to each other to help landgrab.

I'm being honest here because I think this is how the game should be played. Socializing and diplomacy within a "Solo" game should not be banned like this.

braden Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 8:59:22

"which has over 100+ countries who could have a word with your 40+."

and this is the exact reason why team play isn't allowed. the idea of this server is for YOU to compete against OTHER INDIVIDUALS

all your 99+ friends by the simple math of the game could wipe the floor with my measly 40+ friends. but at what time are we just playing "Alliance Server" again, twice now?

if you're in md you should certainly understand the rules of earth empires compared to earth2025, and if you don't you have nobody to blame but.. md? :P

paygan Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 9:20:55

Yes, but competing against OTHER INDIVIDUALS involves using social skills within the server surely?

Perhaps this is why the number of players and new players coming on board has so drastically declined since Earth 2025 days...

braden Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 10:41:02

your point very well may be valid, of this i can not really argue, but in the defense of everybody who cheated a decade ago, i don't think you understand how few of those countries were run by "unique" players.

through the math of the game you can ask your defense or intelligence or even offense or research ally to aid you in your play (ie defense/offense/spy/tech strength); you can not ask your intel ally to spy for you, or your offensive ally to buy jets for you- the "alliance" benefits boths, when you abuse the "alliance" to benefit one, then you cheat.

i'm not suggesting you were doing this, but this is an example is all. from what i can tell, an example would be helpful to you. if i'm being condescending then you stop being obtuse (i sound like blid :P)

silentwolf Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 11:00:24

now now mr reseda.. easy on the n00b :)

i guess he is talkin about the past .. looooong time ago.

MD afterall belongs in the past imo. haha

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 17th 2013, 11:51:34

Originally posted by Warster:
SM you haven't reported it, you haven't made a player tip

PP your player was you calling them multi's due to name which was incorrect,

until you report it correctly i wont even look at it. everyone has been told reporting it on the forum will not get it looked at.
right... because two countries with a one character difference in their names grabbing the same country about 10 minutes apart isn't suspicious at all or worth the further investigation which eventually got them deleted. definitely no evidence of outside cooperation there, just pure coincidence, right?

Edited By: Pontius Pirate on Feb 17th 2013, 11:59:30
See Original Post

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Warster Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 12:15:29

have a look - none of the enterprise countries were deleted
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 12:33:18

and #1 hasnt hit anyone that has been grabbed within 2 hours of any hits done by the other enterprises

35 - 62

there are only 1 instance where they have hit within 10 minutes and 2 in total within an hour, need a bit more then that PP

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 17th 2013, 14:12:49

2013-02-14 11:15 USS Enterprise E (#62) Choogle (#42) PS 129A (+79A)
2013-02-14 10:55 Enterprise NX01 (#1) Choogle (#42) PS 564A (+211A)
2013-02-14 10:44 Enterprise NX0l (#35) Choogle (#42) PS 187A (+136A)

paygan Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 14:17:41

I know those guys are allied. I made a joke with E that we should attack NX01 for a laugh. He replied and said they were allied.

They are working together though, as defensive allies should. I know full well this isn't the nineties and you can't run multis like we did back then.

I have played all through the naughties abiding by such laws. Deleting countries for diplomacy and allowing chicken crybabies to come on these boards instead to defend themselves by crying to moderators is what should be banned.

Now please can I have my illegally deleted country back to destroy that wuss, cry-to-mommy, wimpy, cowardly, chicken called smlandau84?

Edited By: paygan on Feb 17th 2013, 14:20:39
See Original Post

h2orich Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 16:11:47

You need to know as allies, they can see one's brigades to save themselves an op to grab. They dont need to share one.

silentwolf Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 16:27:15

.. thats easy.. look up eestats on who has been attacking and boom. targets :)

dont have to share ops for that.

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 16:29:57

I AM A LITTLE CONFUSED AND CAN SEE PAYGAN'S POINT. IF EXPRESS IS INTENDED TO BE "SOLO" TO THE EXTENT THAT YOU CAN'T COOPERATE WITH YOUR ALLIES, WOULDN'T IT MAKE SENSE TO JUST DISALLOW ALLIES, PERIOD?

PEOPLE ARRANGING ALLIANCES WITH OTHER KNOWN PLAYERS VIA THESE FORUMS SEEMS MORE INSIDIOUS THAN RANDOM IN-GAME DEFENSIVE ALLIES COMBINING THEIR FORCES TO.. WELL.. DEFEND.. AM I MISSING SOMETHING??

BILL

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 16:31:59

Originally posted by paygan:
I know those guys are allied. I made a joke with E that we should attack NX01 for a laugh. He replied and said they were allied.

They are working together though, as defensive allies should. I know full well this isn't the nineties and you can't run multis like we did back then.

I have played all through the naughties abiding by such laws. Deleting countries for diplomacy and allowing chicken crybabies to come on these boards instead to defend themselves by crying to moderators is what should be banned.

Now please can I have my illegally deleted country back to destroy that wuss, cry-to-mommy, wimpy, cowardly, chicken called smlandau84?

You hurt my feelings. Apologize now!

Frodo Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 16:51:31

My own capabilities include a high capacity for making friends and working with others. This should not be discouraged.

They aren't being discouraged! Take those capabilities to servers like alliance and team. Reading through this I am just surprised at how you don't want to accept the fact that this is not a cooperative server. Also how can you call smlandau cowardly when you yourself claimed to have planned a joint kill run on him (which is against the rules). Seems to me that would be a "team" based activity.

I did send him a spy report to him on you and we were planning a big guerilla strike takedown of Fascist Missler (#102) today.

Frodo Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 16:52:29

But I do agree with Bill, maybe the relations in this server should be deleted.

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 17:13:32

Why is sharing spy ops a reason for deletion?

Are wars banned on the Express Server?

Is socializing not allowed anymore in game?

There is nothing in the server details rules about sharing spy ops being a cause of cheating?

USS Enterprise E (don't remember his number) started sharing spy ops with me early in the game. I have to admit, so I didn't think there was anything wrong with that. I did send him a spy report to him on you and we were planning a big guerilla strike takedown of Fascist Missler (#102) today.

This seems a lot fairer way to fight than deleting countries cos you're buddies with the moderator...

Sharing spy ops: Grounds for deletion
Team wars on solo server: Grounds for deletion
Socializing in express: allowed

So you are admitting to 2 things that are both grounds for deletion, and you were deleted. So what are you complaining about? You should have been deleted twice.

And btw, no one else would have been able to GS me but you

blid

EE Patron

Feb 17th 2013, 17:19:53

lol

It's possible for that to be legit but it looks pretty hilarious..
Like if some people allied in game and ended up hitting the same targets soon after one another, well that happens a lot I think. It's just because they have the same name that it looks ridiculous/cheating

Edited By: blid on Feb 17th 2013, 17:22:07
See Original Post
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Feb 17th 2013, 17:23:47

Originally posted by smlandau84:

OK, I will drop character and caps for a moment, because I'm serious:
I think one point that is being missed here.. Where, aside from in some forums posts, is that communicated to players? Teamwork between "allies" seems like a pretty natural tendency, so if it's "grounds for deletion" it really should be PROMINENTLY advertised to players.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 17th 2013, 17:23:52

Originally posted by BILL_DANGER:
I AM A LITTLE CONFUSED AND CAN SEE PAYGAN'S POINT. IF EXPRESS IS INTENDED TO BE "SOLO" TO THE EXTENT THAT YOU CAN'T COOPERATE WITH YOUR ALLIES, WOULDN'T IT MAKE SENSE TO JUST DISALLOW ALLIES, PERIOD?

PEOPLE ARRANGING ALLIANCES WITH OTHER KNOWN PLAYERS VIA THESE FORUMS SEEMS MORE INSIDIOUS THAN RANDOM IN-GAME DEFENSIVE ALLIES COMBINING THEIR FORCES TO.. WELL.. DEFEND.. AM I MISSING SOMETHING??

BILL
it's not confusing. your alliances do the things that alliances say they do

for example this is what defensive alliances are for:
Defensive A defensive alliance builds a solid foundation to protect each of the partners. Any time you are attacked, 25% of of your allies' forces will come to assist in your defense. However, Your total battle strength cannot be more than doubled through allies, so having allies at your strength is most beneficial in the long run. Being a member of a Defensive Alliance consumes 0.2% of your networth each turn.

that's it. simple.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 17th 2013, 17:25:27

Originally posted by BILL_DANGER:
Originally posted by smlandau84:

OK, I will drop character and caps for a moment, because I'm serious:
I think one point that is being missed here.. Where, aside from in some forums posts, is that communicated to players? Teamwork between "allies" seems like a pretty natural tendency, so if it's "grounds for deletion" it really should be PROMINENTLY advertised to players.
i do agree it should say somewhere clearly that working together beyond having the alliances can be considered team play and can be cause for deletion. i don't think it's confusing once you know, but i do agree some people may not 'get it' intuitively