Verified:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 18th 2023, 23:54:10

As some of you who hang out in discord might be aware, I've been trying to resurrect & finalize Pang's Clan GDI mechanic, partly to shake things up a bit, and partly as a result of some concerns about dwindling player time, which I get, personally having not a lot of time to commit.

So what does Clan GDI do?:

1) Clans in Clan GDI have a Y in the GDI column in the Clan list
2) Countries in Clans in Clan GDI:
- a) Cannot attack countries in clans that
-------- have not attacked them personally (all reset) OR
-------- have not attacked their clan recently (72 hours)
- b) Cannot attack countries in ANY CLAN without declaring war on that country
3) ALL COUNTRIES
- a) Cannot attack countries in Clans in Clan GDI that
-------- have not attacked them personally (all reset) OR
-------- have not attacked their clan recently (72 hours)
- b) Cannot attack countries in Clans in Clan GDI without declaring war on that country (if it's been more than 72 hours since last hit by that country)

Clans that JOIN Clan GDI *may not leave* for 10 days; and Clans that *LEAVE* Clan GDI may not rejoin for 10 days.

(NB: We originally were planning MMR requirements, but frankly that seems to have been the sticking point of all of this and why it was not finished 4 years ago, so for now, we will proceed without that.)

Note, spyops are not currently included in this mechanic. I will add that if it seems necessary in a coming reset.

I hope you all enjoy the new changes!

Best Regards,

- qzjul, Pang & the rest of the Dev Team

Edited By: qzjul on Jun 19th 2023, 17:13:28. Reason: clarification and adjustments
See Original Post
Finally did the signature thing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 18th 2023, 23:57:07

PS: I really tried to get this in like a week ago, but life has been busy.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 18th 2023, 23:57:26

PPS: I may have bumped up the number of bots in alliance while changing things.

allbymyself87 Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 1:42:49

Free to join? No extra costs/expenses after joined?

AndrewMose Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 1:51:23

I see the GDI column on the clans page in team, is this mechanism live on team server also?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 19th 2023, 2:38:26

Originally posted by AndrewMose:
I see the GDI column on the clans page in team, is this mechanism live on team server also?

Nope. I didn't put in server display logic. Good idea though.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 19th 2023, 2:39:12

Originally posted by allbymyself87:

Free currently. Wasn't sure how to integrate a cost in a meaningful way. Open to suggestions.

Jun 19th 2023, 3:21:56

Originally posted by qzjul:

Free currently. Wasn't sure how to integrate a cost in a meaningful way. Open to suggestions.

I think everything should come with a cost.
Or else everyone might just hiding in clan GDI with no defense and further crash down the military market?

Perhaps make clan GDI needs to declare war on everyone (including bots) in order to hit?
Then all clans will think twice before joining clan GDI.

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Jun 19th 2023, 3:39:22

Will you be finishing the hosting stuff as well
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Turtle Crawler Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 3:47:45

Or else everyone might just hiding in clan GDI with no defense and further crash down the military market?

Perhaps make clan GDI needs to declare war on everyone (including bots) in order to hit?

If you give it a financial cost it becomes a pointless feature for netgaining. The cost is that you can't hit other players and can only hit bots. Top countries always run token defense and are vulnerable already, this won't have any impact on how the t10 are ran. It's no advantage at all except to provide some protection against griefing.

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 4:57:12

Originally posted by Turtle Crawler:

If you give it a financial cost it becomes a pointless feature for netgaining. The cost is that you can't hit other players and can only hit bots. Top countries always run token defense and are vulnerable already, this won't have any impact on how the t10 are ran. It's no advantage at all except to provide some protection against griefing.

LaF has spoken and it is a useless feature for them. Please roll it back so that we can FS them again this set.

Thank you.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 19th 2023, 6:40:23

Seems like an excellent feature
Don of LaF

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 19th 2023, 8:21:16

The only reason netting in this game is fun is the element of danger, knowing you can be attacked at any time. Clan GDI removes all risk. No danger, no tension between netters and war clans, no need for diplomacy, no opportunity for revenge. It will be the end of Earth Empires.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 19th 2023, 12:10:41

Maybe this should be under bugs and sugs but:

"Your clan has joined Clan GDI -- you cannot leave for 48 hours"
should be 10 days according to this post.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 19th 2023, 13:09:15

I think one of the main reasons thus stalled was still too many conceptual and philosophical unknowns still to resolve. I feel like this go-live is a version of an unfinished project still.

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 13:32:09

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:
Originally posted by Getafix:
The only reason netting in this game is fun is the element of danger, knowing you can be attacked at any time. Clan GDI removes all risk. No danger, no tension between netters and war clans, no need for diplomacy, no opportunity for revenge. It will be the end of Earth Empires.

Excellent feature because this protects LaF and like Getafix said it’s the end of war

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Originally posted by Primeval:
I think one of the main reasons thus stalled was still too many conceptual and philosophical unknowns still to resolve. I feel like this go-live is a version of an unfinished project still.

Well bro they rushed implementation for you and LaF so don’t be nit picking the bugs.
Just thank the admins that you and LaF finally got your way and that going forward the attack room only works to mindlessly farm bots and you can literally run your country without a single troop, turret, tank and even spies as you circle jerk bot farming nerds can calculate breaks with your spread sheets based on NW alone.

They should seriously remove all military units from bots and add 10,000 more so that you can farm to your hearts content with one 1 Jet SS

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 19th 2023, 13:45:38

Originally posted by SuperFly:

Well bro they rushed implementation for you and LaF so don’t be nit picking the bugs.

I'm just trying to be helpful.

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 14:02:04

I'm just trying to be helpful.

Lol bro haven’t you helped enough? You literally just made the front page game description obsolete lol

Welcome to Earth Empires!
Earth Empires is a free browser based strategy game where you take control of your nation's military and economy. Command your country's military to attack and defend against your enemies. Execute attack strategies to relieve opponents of their resources and land. Strategically invest in technology to outpace the economies of other countries. Ally with your friends or make new friendships by joining a clan. Conduct military operations, govern your country and build your empire.

That needs to be changed to welcome to earth empires where you can farm bots all day long and have 0 threat of player interaction.

I imagine that turrets will now be selling for $25 and ranks for $150 and troops will be free with the purchase of one jet?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 19th 2023, 14:16:48

Why are you insulting all democracy players intelligence?

Jun 19th 2023, 14:26:30

As some of you who hang out in discord might be aware, I've been trying to resurrect & finalize Pang's Clan GDI mechanic, partly to shake things up a bit, and partly as a result of some concerns about dwindling player time, which I get, personally having not a lot of time to commit.

So what does Clan GDI do?:

1) Clans in Clan GDI have a Y in the GDI column in the Clan list
2) Countries in Clans in Clan GDI:
- a) Cannot attack countries in clans that
-------- have not attacked them personally OR
-------- have not attacked their clan recently
- b) Cannot attack countries in ANY CLAN without declaring war on that country
3) ALL COUNTRIES
- a) Cannot attack countries in Clans in Clan GDI that
-------- have not attacked them personally OR
-------- have not attacked their clan recently
- b) Cannot attack countries in Clans in Clan GDI without declaring war on that country

Clans that JOIN Clan GDI *may not leave* for 10 days; and Clans that *LEAVE* Clan GDI may not rejoin for 10 days.

(NB: We originally were planning MMR requirements, but frankly that seems to have been the sticking point of all of this and why it was not finished 4 years ago, so for now, we will proceed without that.)

Note, spyops are not currently included in this mechanic. I will add that if it seems necessary in a coming reset.

I hope you all enjoy the new changes!

Best Regards,

- qzjul, Pang & the rest of the Dev Team

Want to confirm:

If I'm an untag, a country from clan GDI LG me, I can:
1) Hit that country without having to declare war (due to that country has attacked me personally?) OR
2) Still have to declare war in order to hit that country (due to that country is in clan GDI)?

And can further clarify on the word "recently" from this statement?
"have not attacked their clan recently"
- recently up to how many hours or days?

Edited By: qzjul on Jun 19th 2023, 17:05:19. Reason: whoops i edited instead of quoted
See Original Post

Havoc Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 15:16:53

can clans join GDI at any point in the set? Could they join say, immediately after they get hit by someone?
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Steeps Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 16:31:32

This needs to have a cost associated with it. If GDI is to protect the tag from being farmed/suicided/hit then it should also limit the country being protected from farming unless declared war. It should restrict the country to 1 attack per target per day so it isn't abusing the resources available while being protected.

Jun 19th 2023, 16:42:29

Originally posted by Steeps:
This needs to have a cost associated with it. If GDI is to protect the tag from being farmed/suicided/hit then it should also limit the country being protected from farming unless declared war. It should restrict the country to 1 attack per target per day so it isn't abusing the resources available while being protected.

It doesn't enable any special ability to farm bots. Where do you get that idea? This doesn't change play style in any way. Why would it? It sounds like you aren't in disagreement with how it was implemented but rather the idea that people should be able to netgain effectively without being randomly suicided, which is a very long running problem in the game that this makes a large step towards fixing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 19th 2023, 16:57:27

I swear I fixed that. Maybe there's just one more spot...

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 19th 2023, 16:58:13

Yes, but I think the unknowns are easier to solve with it live than with it in a concept stage, at this point. See what it does for a few resets, adjust accordingly.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 19th 2023, 17:04:26

Want to confirm:

If I'm an untag, a country from clan GDI LG me, I can:
1) Hit that country without having to declare war (due to that country has attacked me personally?) OR
2) Still have to declare war in order to hit that country (due to that country is in clan GDI)?

And can further clarify on the word "recently" from this statement?
"have not attacked their clan recently"
- recently up to how many hours or days?

Very good question! It will be so that if you've been attacked, you will not need to declare war to hit back within 72 hours of the last hit by that country. I think that makes most sense.

Currently "has attacked clan recently" is 72 hours; and "has attacked by country" is all reset (well, 1 year technically, but only alphaffa is that long)

Edited By: qzjul on Jun 19th 2023, 17:13:46
See Original Post

Steeps Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 19:06:26

It doesn't enable any special ability to farm bots. Where do you get that idea? This doesn't change play style in any way. Why would it? It sounds like you aren't in disagreement with how it was implemented but rather the idea that people should be able to netgain effectively without being randomly suicided, which is a very long running problem in the game that this makes a large step towards fixing.

Where did I say it gives an advantage to farming bots? I never mentioned bots in my post so where did you get that idea from? All I suggested was as you have suggested this tool is to stop mass suicides which apparently is a big problem on this server that it would be a fairer place if the protection offered also limited the ability to attack, much like current GDI restrictions if a country pays to be a member.

If you want to restrict and protect your clan from suicides (but an individual untagged can still hit) then the ability to suicide on masses of untagged should also have some form of restriction. It's still possible to netgain fairly.

Suicidal Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 19:54:14

ABM is wise

Suicidal Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 20:04:57

Leave the 1A, clan, server alone and just add bots to the Primary server and all the netters can go there and we stick to the ORIGINAL game plan. Otherwise, how are you planning to revise this statement: (It is the reason we began playing. Some of us over 20 years ago)

Welcome to Earth Empires!
Earth Empires is a free browser based strategy game where you take control of your nation's military and economy. Command your country's military to attack and defend against your enemies. Execute attack strategies to relieve opponents of their resources and land. Strategically invest in technology to outpace the economies of other countries. Ally with your friends or make new friendships by joining a clan. Conduct military operations, govern your country and build your empire.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 19th 2023, 20:27:42

Originally posted by Suicidal:
Ally with your friends or make new friendships by joining a clan. Conduct military operations, govern your country and build your empire.

In LAF’s case, instead of allying other clans, they just ally themselves with the game devs. Small netting clans ally themselves with various warring clans for a partnership and that’s what makes it fun. Laf just Ally themselves with game devs hahah. Suck at interpersonal relationships with other clans much?

This is by far one of the most trash mechanic ever implemented. And I say that with all due respect. There should be a steep cost associated with this feature if you can’t be bothered to contact clan leaders in a war game and talk to them.

Edited By: Coalie on Jun 20th 2023, 1:38:51
See Original Post

Jun 19th 2023, 21:04:51

Where did I say it gives an advantage to farming bots? I never mentioned bots in my post so where did you get that idea from? All I suggested was as you have suggested this tool is to stop mass suicides which apparently is a big problem on this server that it would be a fairer place if the protection offered also limited the ability to attack, much like current GDI restrictions if a country pays to be a member.

If you want to restrict and protect your clan from suicides (but an individual untagged can still hit) then the ability to suicide on masses of untagged should also have some form of restriction. It's still possible to netgain fairly.

Those untagged countries you're referring to are bots. Alliances like LaF for example have internal policies of *only* hitting bots and making every effort to screen out any actual people who might be untagged. Bot countries are made to be grabbed, so there isn't any reason to limit doing so.

Steeps Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 21:56:21

But there has to be a cost, otherwise it's an unfair change to the game which only serves to benefit a select few while disrupting some major dynamics of the game. With so many bots on the server it shouldn't be difficult to hit a few extra a day for the additional protection this clan wide GDI offers, or let bots retal. I'm sure if bots adopted L:L it would make the game more interesting. Back in the good ol' days alliances used to have kill squads to take out farmers and suiciders to protect the rest of the clan.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 19th 2023, 23:04:56

It serves everyone in a tag tho, everyone should be clan GDI right now, even war tags.

The only ones it doesnt serve are untagged people who want to suicide.

You could claim that it is unfair, if for some reason this server was supposed to cater to untagged people. Because one of the things this mechanism does is so that an untagged cant choose who they want to retal in a tag where one player farms them. But this server is not supposed to do that.

So again. Why is it unfair, if EVERY tag gets the same benefits? Why does it need a cost, if everyone should choose to join it (for a time anyway)?

I do understand that war tags will have to do diplomacy to find a war sometimes. But most wars are arranged anyway. Or some tag could just go out of GDI and hope someone hits them? I dunno? I think there will be ways to war and there will be war every reset as long as there are people who want to do it.

AndrewMose Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 23:52:23

This mechanism shifts the burden of diplomacy from netters to war clans. In previous sets if one side wanted to war, then there was going to be a war. If you wanted to net you had to make friends with the war clans. Or oblige them with a war set every so often, and fight with dignity so that you would have peace the next set. That's at least how it was supposed to work, recently it seems that there hasn't been enough common ground. I personally would have benefited from this for the past 3 sets, and I was unable to find peace with the few people that didn't want to see me finish. But I can see how this can further separate the netting clans from war clans. With that said, harmful spy ops can be quite powerful.

Matrolen Game profile

Jun 20th 2023, 0:23:33

I may not have thought about it through completely. At a first read through though I do feel it makes compromises on communication, diplomacy and alliance building. Whether to help each other netgain, get protection from gaining, or forming war alliances.
The reason we (Apoc) and myself played this game 20+ years ago and why we came back is 100% because of the community interaction, the unintended consequence of a rich social game that this otherwise numbers game created. The intricacies of creating pacts, allying up, making threats, responding to threats makes this game great on Alliance.

For me, this is a 80% social game, planning, strategizing, making buds, making enemies that eventually you become buds with or at least respect each other. Brilliant moments have been written in E 2025 and EE history because of this byproduct the numbers game brings.

Idk man, seems like regardless of degree, this is a step in the wrong direction. Sorry I can't elaborate more. Initial thoughts / gut feeling kinda post response.

Progenies of the Great Apocalypse

DruncK Game profile

Jun 20th 2023, 1:03:34

Well glad I checked AT and then this board before I invested anymore time into this fluff hole. I was excited, we were in the midst of changing things for the better as players(we don't need your help qz or pang).

Way to put the final nail in the coffin before you get a mass influx of OGs come 2025.

I recruited someone in real life to enjoy this weird ass game with me and now I feel like a moron for even bringing it up.

Thanks for absolutely nothing, every change you guys have made to this game have been garbage (removing the 2b bug and ghost acres also garbage).

From the deepest of my cochles I hope this game dies. You never should have made a replica, now when I think back about how much I enjoyed this game and all the great people I've met I'm now left with a sour taste in my mouth.

Rot in hell

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2023, 4:00:43

LoL they’ve officially killed EE. This game is for losers anyway 😂😂😂

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2023, 4:18:12

Originally posted by Requiem:

I am withholding my financial support for this game until further notice.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2023, 7:05:19

Originally posted by Coalie:

Same. My monthly pang coin expenditure has been canceled until the game goes in a positive direction for once. Financial support is paused.

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2023, 9:22:47

Ally with your friends or make new friendships by joining a clan. Conduct military operations, govern your country and build your empire.

In LAF’s case, instead of allying other clans, they just ally themselves with the game devs. Small netting clans ally themselves with various warring clans for a partnership and that’s what makes it fun. Laf just Ally themselves with game devs hahah. Suck at interpersonal relationships with other clans much?

This is by far one of the most trash mechanic ever implemented. And I say that with all due respect. There should be a steep cost associated with this feature if you can’t be bothered to contact clan leaders in a war game and talk to them.

This shift the burden from netting alliances always having to be at the mercy of the warring alliances.
Before if i wanted to netgain i would have to beg sof, mercs, sol for a pact. Then have to wait 10+ days into the set and pray that SoF was just inactive before i got my pact or they declined cause they wanted to war.
Now it's the warring alliances that have to ask the netting alliances if they want to war. I like this idea much better, if you want to war you can arrange that yourselves rather than having us ruining our resets all the time cause you are bored.
Don of LaF

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2023, 9:23:39

Same. My monthly pang coin expenditure has been canceled until the game goes in a positive direction for once. Financial support is paused.

I added new subcription as this is a positive direction for the game.
Don of LaF

HH Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2023, 10:29:04

This is awesome thanks alot!

Next thing: prevent harmfull spy ops too ;)

Edited By: HH on Jun 20th 2023, 10:58:20
See Original Post
HeadHunter

HH Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2023, 10:29:52

I will be renewing my premium for sure thanks to this!
HeadHunter

DevilsReject Game profile

Jun 20th 2023, 17:11:35

This shift the burden from netting alliances always having to be at the mercy of the warring alliances.
Before if i wanted to netgain i would have to beg sof, mercs, sol for a pact. Then have to wait 10+ days into the set and pray that SoF was just inactive before i got my pact or they declined cause they wanted to war.
Now it's the warring alliances that have to ask the netting alliances if they want to war. I like this idea much better, if you want to war you can arrange that yourselves rather than having us ruining our resets all the time cause you are bored.

This ^^

Originally posted by AndrewMose:
This mechanism shifts the burden of diplomacy from netters to war clans. In previous sets if one side wanted to war, then there was going to be a war. If you wanted to net you had to make friends with the war clans. Or oblige them with a war set every so often, and fight with dignity so that you would have peace the next set. That's at least how it was supposed to work, recently it seems that there hasn't been enough common ground. I personally would have benefited from this for the past 3 sets, and I was unable to find peace with the few people that didn't want to see me finish. But I can see how this can further separate the netting clans from war clans. With that said, harmful spy ops can be quite powerful.

This also^^

Its all going to plan. Well done.

Graves Game profile

Jun 20th 2023, 19:26:36

New player to the server here - you know, the type of person this game needs to keep to survive.

Interesting change. Of course the alliance server should have more alliance based features and benefits. Not saying this change will work 100% as intended. But it's good the devs are playing around and trying to improve things.

Give it a go. See how it goes. Have fun and play the damn game

Jun 20th 2023, 20:07:34

Originally posted by HH:

I did too, otherwise with the direction some had gone the game was no longer playable. When alliance leaders try to drive people from the game then something has to be done, and I'm really glad that it is.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2023, 20:29:15

Originally posted by HH:

I did too, otherwise with the direction some had gone the game was no longer playable. When alliance leaders try to drive people from the game then something has to be done, and I'm really glad that it is.

Yes, I'm glad this was introduced to help *checks notes* prevent LaF from trying to run SoL and Evo out of the game? I'm actually not sure it helps combat those Alliance leaders who are driving people out of the game, and in fact, those leaders (gerdler and gains) seem to be quite happy about it. Hmmm...

Jun 21st 2023, 0:27:49

Originally posted by Tertius:
Originally posted by HH:

Yes, I'm glad this was introduced to help *checks notes* prevent LaF from trying to run SoL and Evo out of the game? I'm actually not sure it helps combat those Alliance leaders who are driving people out of the game, and in fact, those leaders (gerdler and gains) seem to be quite happy about it. Hmmm...

Yes, very confusing isn't it?

ツ

Jun 21st 2023, 1:41:08

After talking to some people about this and finding out more information. I think this update is going to work. Thanks Qz for giving us this new tool to use to make this game more fair and competitive.

llaar Game profile

Jun 21st 2023, 2:28:39

havent read all the posts but something that i find annoying is a 40k acre country hits me and then i retal and get 800 acres..... like can the fact that the aggressor hit you remove the nerfed returns for a fatty country? maybe for those in this clan GDI that would be a deterrent from massive countries hitting this clan at least, cause retals would be true old retals for the land you have