Verified:

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 3rd 2017, 7:08:33

ffa clans are too fuken "politically" involved with each other.

1- Clans should never be allowed to self-farm or land trade (force clans to hit each other)
2- BOTS??? WTF??? I get why, but it removes true strategies
3- I can go on...
4- I took 2 weeks off from playing ffa with low tech prices and ill still manage a country near $5b nw - the fun is gone

I'll likely finish this set with or around $5b nw and consider this my last set for the time being. Bring back the days of retals, FA, and the fun of FFA.

Cheers,
raz

Originally posted by The_Hawk:
You win this round. I concede.

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 3rd 2017, 7:20:37

1999 called asking for you :P
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

SwedishViper Game profile

Aug 3rd 2017, 8:26:46

Pretty much impossible to get rid of self-farm, Land-trade and Bots as long as the activity is as low as it is now and has been for the last 10 years. Back then you could farm untaggeds without getting retalled (or you killed them if they did retal you), which is more or less the same as attacking the bots nowadays.

btw, the tech prices were fcking mad for the first 4 weeks or so this set (now low) until the IMP/CC war ended and the IMps started flooding the tech market. Back in the day the tech prices were hovering around 3-4k after just 1-2 weeks, while this set it was around 6500+

As you say, any noob can make a 5B country nowadays (especially with help from others), so what about you go for 10B next set instead :)

----------------------------------------------------
OVERLORD 4 Life

sinistril Game profile

Aug 3rd 2017, 8:39:26

Make a clan that isn't politically involved, join a war, or ? The game is kind of small to take out bots and self-farming just cause we're bored :P
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

President Barack O

Aug 3rd 2017, 13:53:15

create a clan and dont do what present clans are doing right now. let us know how you go

The_Hawk

Aug 3rd 2017, 14:05:52

Huh. So top 10 minimum is 5b?

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

macdaddy Game profile

Aug 3rd 2017, 14:25:56

Originally posted by President Barack O:
create a clan and dont do what present clans are doing right now. let us know how you go

I did that. didnt work out too well.

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 3rd 2017, 15:53:19

lol @ SV

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 3rd 2017, 18:04:01

Originally posted by macdaddy:
Originally posted by President Barack O:

I did that. didnt work out too well.

You weren't killed for grabs. It was your shining personality.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 3rd 2017, 23:45:19

You expect me to take time to find real targets with 16 bloody countries? I may be the worst multi in history but FFA is useless for be because of time constraints... most of the set I have been logging in to 5-10 120(120) countries. FFA would be far better for me if it was 5 countries.

Will likely be my last set of any half-real effort in FFA too. I might run a string of one just to keep in touch with my tag buddies. :)

ddd Game profile

Aug 4th 2017, 0:03:55

some people cant understand what rl can be like since they have non gerdler

da bots are cool fer sure, as is self farming, both are a big part of this game now, for those of you who wish to live in the past, do so, theres plenty of hills out there where u can move lol

jk on the last part been feelin better for a few days now, gotta share the good days right!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 4th 2017, 13:09:36

I actually mainly self farmed(very limited self farming I might add) because I had turns to run and had other stuff to do like sleeping, traveling, seeing friends or whatever. The proper netting move for me in all those cases would have been to keep hitting bots.

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2017, 4:47:43

well forgot to platy the last 75b, would have gave me $5.1/.2 b

Gerdler did you have any outside help other than your 16 countries?

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2017, 4:58:02

Originally posted by ddd:
some people cant understand what rl can be like since they have non gerdler

da bots are cool fer sure, as is self farming, both are a big part of this game now, for those of you who wish to live in the past, do so, theres plenty of hills out there where u can move lol

jk on the last part been feelin better for a few days now, gotta share the good days right!

The fact you are a multi, contradicts your statement about having a RL. I have two young kids and i still manage to play well in this game playing a few hours a day. The fact I missed 2 weeks and still managed nearly $5b nw.

ddd/bomber im done playing ffa for a while, BUT if ffa game mods are willing monitor your game playing im willing to play a set 1v1.

Edited By: raz on May 19th 2020, 15:54:55
See Original Post

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2017, 11:43:52

The mods won't do anything about Dilly. So me thinks your wishes are not likely to happen.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 6th 2017, 12:04:57

Originally posted by raz:
well forgot to platy the last 75b, would have gave me $5.1/.2 b

Gerdler did you have any outside help other than your 16 countries?

No outside help except mob and especially Derrick did most work in cleaning up suiciders. I killed 1 suicider that hit me myself and helped with 2 others that hit us but Derrick did most of the heavy lifting there.

I won't play a full FFA string for quite a while since it takes far to much time.

I did a lot of first time FFA mistakes as I never knew what to expect from the market. Like for example I switched almost all my tyr farmers late-mid game to fascist farmer/oiler because I thought the oil spike would be permanent and that the food price would not go up so much, so that was like 20-30% switching losses to a lower production. :/
I also logged into 5-16 countries at 120(120) many times this set and often had to just build 120 CS or cash 120 turns just because I was traveling or had to get to bed. I probably lost ~2-3k turns and played another 15-20k really in a hurry and suboptimally like that, which hurts my netter heart.
But I guess I'm not alone in that because I can't imagine anyone having the time or motivation to play a full string optimally for 60 days. Which is what I really don't like; when the game becomes 'who spends the most time wins'. It is in essence the reason I liked E2025 in the first place because it was a game that premiered brains over effort, atleast above a certain level of effort. With FFA and with war in any team/alliance servers that is no longer true, which in my mind is what makes the game too cumbersome for people.

Edited By: Gerdler on Aug 6th 2017, 12:07:27
See Original Post

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2017, 14:07:12

Fantastic job Gerdler!!!

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2017, 14:09:49

Originally posted by smegma:
The mods won't do anything about Dilly. So me thinks your wishes are not likely to happen.

Can't trust multies.

Oh well, good luck all!!!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 6th 2017, 14:10:39

Ty and you too! And SV and Max ofc.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2017, 16:20:28

Originally posted by raz:

Oh well, good luck all!!!

Agreed. Good luck in the next set to all.

The_Hawk

Aug 6th 2017, 17:32:08

This server has a former multi mod.

The current big name multi plays in said mods 1a clan.

Imp had 0 multis this set.

Imp had 1 game abuser this set.

So what clan runs multis?

Dev encouraging it

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 6th 2017, 17:53:37

Former multi mod? Which one? And which clan is that?

The_Hawk

Aug 6th 2017, 17:57:48

In li bio he confirmed running multies back in the day.
His buddy from cc plays in Sol with him now.

Not saying all mods have a clean past.

Dev encouraging it