Lol Mob 🙌

HEMPMAN1 Game profile

Mar 30th 2021, 13:43:42

When will bots start to retal??

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 30th 2021, 15:13:21

Change is scary but I hope players are willing to give it a chance. The current state of the game seems to be that you can't attack countries that fight back on 5/6 servers. That's not a good state to be in.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 15:16:23

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Change is scary but I hope players are willing to give it a chance. The current state of the game seems to be that you can't attack countries that fight back on 5/6 servers. That's not a good state to be in.

Agreed.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

BigP Game profile

Mar 30th 2021, 15:43:25

Come at me bots!
- SoF

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 15:55:14

If I'm gonna get hit by someone its gonna be a human. I'll be back to getting my land I think from casual players.

If us wardogs have any sense we will farm the netters and kill them if they retal. Because honestly the risk is the same but the reward is way better land returns, and our countries will be better equipped to kill a netting tag with no kill team.

I'm going full on 2007 LaF bully on this one.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Mar 30th 2021, 15:59:50
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 15:58:47

Derrick be walking like eminem grabbing his junk speaking to the mic :P
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 16:03:00

I mean. I just dont want anyone to be confused about why I'm farming 100k acre countries and trying to time it when their stock is home.

It's always been a game of risk/reward, and I have a sneaking suspicion casual players wont make the mistake of hitting me back. You all have more sense than a robot.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 16:05:31

If I had 100k acres I'd accept your challenge for fluffs and giggles ;-)
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 16:08:34

Solo kill ya ass with my 60 chems gtfo ahhaha

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 16:12:42

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Solo kill ya ass with my 60 chems gtfo ahhaha

SDI protection FTW!!!!!
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 16:15:55

You better have a nickel cuz I have 90% and max ms bud you're either maxed or solo kill-able. Assuming you can get my op in the first place you know haha.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Mar 30th 2021, 16:18:14
See Original Post

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 16:19:39

If I'm gonna get hit by someone its gonna be a human. I'll be back to getting my land I think from casual players.

If us wardogs have any sense we will farm the netters and kill them if they retal. Because honestly the risk is the same but the reward is way better land returns, and our countries will be better equipped to kill a netting tag with no kill team.

This sounds awesome! Finally back to the way things were. I definitely hope that is how it works.

But that is not 2007 LaF bully (LaF got beat down often enough by warring alliances). That is just how the game was played. If you are a netting alliance, you have to be pretty good at diplomacy. If you are a warring alliance, you have to be prepared to get crushed by a coalition of netters who wont put up with it.

So I welcome that dynamic.

Remember when we all had to talk to each other and plan what we were going to do all throughout the set? Now we just talk at the beginning of the set and then again at the end when we are jerking each other off about how great we did on our own.......

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 16:20:56

Ahh yes hardy har the good old days.

Why do we even have bots? There must have been some point to them.....what was it again? Commie indy was totally viable before they existed and so it completely upset strategy balance and blew up FFO having them. So it wasnt for strategy balance.

There must have been some other reason....

Edited By: DerrickICN on Mar 30th 2021, 16:26:18
See Original Post

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 16:30:03

to make me look like I know what I am doing? It's easy. Just get land all day every day.

If we really want to dissect why the bots were put in, we know the answer. But the why of the decline in players is important. It didnt have to do with game mechanics and it started well before EE.

You can't possibly say that you have more fun now then you did when there was thousands of players.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 16:38:44

I dont see replacing the thousands of missing players with robots as fun no. I didnt have fun getting smashed by rd every set for three years. It was actually the least enjoyable part of my earth experience primarily because it wasnt human on human interaction. I had fun with the thousands of interactions I had with players, but I've legit never enjoyed my experience getting attacked by bots. There's no diplomacy with a robot and boy do I like talking.

Maybe I should marry a robot and it will remind me of a time when I was allowed to play live music and had thousands of girls crawling all over me, but I dare say that is not the same thing if they don't freak out and yell at you occasionally haha.

I'm sorry but simply cannot replace Paco and Beer with a Salty Jacob and call it the old days.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Mar 30th 2021, 17:01:07
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 16:39:15

Remove bots and make exploring bigger, and I mean really big.
(•_•)

archaic Game profile

Mar 30th 2021, 19:38:17

I mean. I just dont want anyone to be confused about why I'm farming 100k acre countries and trying to time it when their stock is home.

It's always been a game of risk/reward, and I have a sneaking suspicion casual players wont make the mistake of hitting me back. You all have more sense than a robot.

That kind of play will never get you a top ten finish though, if you're not actually trying to win then you're obviously just trying to keep others from winning. So I just want to clarify that you're staying that your tag will endorse you refusing to accept retals?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 20:10:59

Originally posted by archaic:

That kind of play will never get you a top ten finish though, if you're not actually trying to win then you're obviously just trying to keep others from winning. So I just want to clarify that you're staying that your tag will endorse you refusing to accept retals?

We're a war tag. Of course. I think it's probably the best way for us to acquire land by bullying weaker tags. Fewer variables and much much more land. We would likely use war decs throughout the set to farm smaller weaker tags and new players. I think for sure it would be our best path to the most stock especially considering we all ride with 100+ spal.

You can make a case for the bots being better to hit now but only because they dont retal. They have crap land you know and probably will win out on any green retals against us. Unless they do just like no damage at all farming the casuals will clearly be the move when you consider our high SDI and spals.

If I can get 40k acres in 4 hits and then kill a person, I'm objectively more efficient than peppering a bunch of 300 acre bot hits and eating a pile of retals for four weeks. In fact, I think well timed war decs against small netting tags would be essential to our growth. I think a non-sentient robot would be way more likely to do something about it than a tag like HERO. Humans quit. Robots dont. And frankly we are bigger and have way more firepower than any netting tag not named LaF.

I think LaF would be wise to do the same thing tbh. Plain and simple it will be more efficient than farming retalling bots that may suicide.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Mar 30th 2021, 20:50:45
See Original Post

BlueCow

Mar 30th 2021, 21:38:10

Sounds like you have resorted to scare tactics to try and get your way.

Sounds like the server needs to band together and oop your clan down into submission the first week of every reset if this happens.

Will lead to more diplomatic and player interactions. Sounds like a pro category.
Slagpit
Mar 31st 2024, 15:13:02

If you sincerely believe that the game admins are lying to you then you should obviously quit the game.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 30th 2021, 21:55:13

There are clearly pitfalls... but I can't just assume that "bot retals will be bad, period", because it will all be in the implementation. It's certainly not a change I view as important enough to spend the kind of time I assume it will take to balance it tho.

And if LaF or Merc or any of the other tags start farming and killing the HERO/Omega-like tags out of the game because the new NPC and the environment it creates incentivises us to do so I really hope admin are reactive enough to change it to an environment that lets such tags coexist again like they have for years. Keep in mind that LaF currently allies those types of tags and lets them netgain because it serves our purpose in this environment, that is thanks to the bots being ample land and better targets.

BlueCow

Mar 30th 2021, 22:21:48

This thread has become a "if I cant net how I want to I am going to ensure others cant net type of thread."

Cancel culture is real with a couple of you. Already threatening to run others off if you cant play a clicker game with no human interactions.

Let slagpit release it and then make judgement. He never said how effective the bots are going to be in retaling.

Hopefully derrick hasnt burnt anything down yet.
Slagpit

If you sincerely believe that the game admins are lying to you then you should obviously quit the game.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 22:41:36

That "If I can't have it my way, I'll make sure others get hurt" mentality is utter garbage.
(•_•)

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 22:43:25

thousands of players vs bots was never the argument on my end.

Assume everyone is working on the same goals. Assume that your timeline is different than others.

If the goal is to get players to return and new players to start, pandering to us old salty dogs who have played through the dark ages might not be the best route. If I am being honest to myself here. I want it easy, and hard, and I want to win and I want you to lose, and above all I want it to be played by all 18 year old asian girls. So.....what can you do for me slag?

The goal is to get more players. The route it takes might differ from yours, but the finish line is the same.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 22:46:04

I actually cannot wait to start farming small idiot tags again.

mrcuban Game profile

Mar 30th 2021, 22:48:52

I think the point here is the game state has changed so much from its original state of netting / warring to a stale state of 400k acres countries and nobody hitting the war room with any risk...

It used to be that 17k acres was a fat country, and that was because exploring diminished returns, and grabbing could be risky so in my opinion you actually had to use strategy to net and the game was far more interesting.

Why don't we create an actual GDI tag and put all bots under the GDI tag?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 22:49:09

Originally posted by ZEN:

This sounds awesome! Finally back to the way things were. I definitely hope that is how it works.

But that is not 2007 LaF bully (LaF got beat down often enough by warring alliances). That is just how the game was played. If you are a netting alliance, you have to be pretty good at diplomacy. If you are a warring alliance, you have to be prepared to get crushed by a coalition of netters who wont put up with it.

So I welcome that dynamic.

Remember when we all had to talk to each other and plan what we were going to do all throughout the set? Now we just talk at the beginning of the set and then again at the end when we are jerking each other off about how great we did on our own.......

Can I join your tag?

BlueCow

Mar 30th 2021, 22:51:24

Dang. This is like me saying. I'm not going to finish top ten this set. Might as well detag and ab loc.
Slagpit

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2021, 23:03:31

Wrong forum there bud :)

Also I was being sarcastic..

BlueCow

Mar 30th 2021, 23:10:28

Originally posted by Bug:
Wrong forum there bud :)

Also I was being sarcastic..

Crap thanks. Dont tell mob.
Slagpit

archaic Game profile

Mar 31st 2021, 0:42:06

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Keep in mind that LaF deliberately farmed dozens of those tags out of existence for over a decade in spite of pleas from the community to stop the abuse because it served our purpose . . .

Fixed that for you

Goofy Game profile

Mar 31st 2021, 0:44:34

Sounds like time to break out my old Dict/farmer

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 31st 2021, 0:50:52

Originally posted by Bug:
I actually cannot wait to start farming small idiot tags again.

in 4 iMag
#offended

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 31st 2021, 1:53:20

Originally posted by archaic:
Originally posted by Gerdler:
Keep in mind that LaF deliberately farmed dozens of those tags out of existence for over a decade in spite of pleas from the community to stop the abuse because it served our purpose . . .

Fixed that for you

LOL yeah they were brutal and unless you had a good leadership to negotiate with them, you were lunch.
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 31st 2021, 2:41:53

Lol. Expecting players to be the "good guy" when clearly what I'm saying is the best way to net is kind of silly.

It's not a scenario where im saying im not getting my way so I'll farm y'all.

What's happening is that farming small tags would actually be more efficient. Whether or not I'm the person who dicides to do that (and tbh, I'd likely not be), youd be a fool not to realize it is more efficient to grow that way than hitting a bot that might missile you. If they both contain the same risk and one has more acres and a similar defense, it's simply a no brainer.

If I dont do it someone else inevitably will. Especially if they desire to win. Me....I'm a wardog. So I kinda doubt I'd be the first to do it.

Sorry to rain on the parade of y'all having no foresight but as a player that is the natural conclusion I have. Netters are frankly always softer and fatter than bots and if they both might missile me, which should I hit? Seems obvious.

Don't take me so literally if you're going to call me a lapdog for netters 1 week ago. A lot of the people I'm talking about are my close friends in this game. I'm merely pointing out what is the efficient thing to do to win. And winners will do it.

The entire purpose of the bots is to not make that a fact. If you make it a fact again, people will do it. If you want me to wait for someone else to do it to win first because I mentioned it, I'll play ball. I bet it happens IMMEDIATELY haha

Edited By: DerrickICN on Mar 31st 2021, 3:07:43
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 31st 2021, 3:09:56

Like we're all playing this game that is won by being efficient and yall act like I'm nuts for pointing out the best route to a billion nw. Like....huh?

People play primary like this every set. It's not like a super foreign concept. It's just a tough concept for 1a because a couple clans will run off the vast majority of new players and small tags. That's why 1a got bots in the first place. It plays fine on primary because collusion isnt allowed so a few top dogs can only do so much damage. And frankly I think the change isn't even a bad thing for a bot solo server like express where people are disallowed on ganging up on someone for efficient grabbing purposes.

Ignoring what it will do to clan dynamics and efficient grabbing is a choice tho. Expecting people to choose to be inefficient is bananas.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Mar 31st 2021, 3:25:05
See Original Post

Link Game profile

Apr 6th 2021, 16:47:57

Excellllent
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Prime

Apr 6th 2021, 22:13:26

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Change is scary but I hope players are willing to give it a chance. The current state of the game seems to be that you can't attack player countries on 5/6 servers without someone claiming a PS ruined their entire round. That's not a good state to be in.

Fixed it for you.

Perhaps initially but history in this game has shown us a few times that this sort of play style is not very sustainable long-term. Eventually people tend to somehow gravitate to being reasonable and adapting in order to move forward.

Imaging clans forming reasonable retal policies again that suit their needs but also contribute to generating land in the game. Imagine attacking real players again without being considered a suicider or some other fabricated word created in an entirely different game. Imagine clan leaders engaging in real diplomacy with each other to establish appropriate policies and alliances/pacts that actually matter. Craziness!

Sorry to rain on the parade of y'all having no foresight but as a player that is the natural conclusion I have. Netters are frankly always softer and fatter than bots and if they both might missile me, which should I hit? Seems obvious.

I'm merely pointing out what is the efficient thing to do to win. And winners will do it.

The entire purpose of the bots is to not make that a fact. If you make it a fact again, people will do it. If you want me to wait for someone else to do it to win first because I mentioned it, I'll play ball. I bet it happens IMMEDIATELY haha

Do you really think this is foresight? Is your ego so large that for some reason you think you were the only, or one of the few people, that have thought of the type of playstyle you're threatening? When you're done patting yourself on the back for an accomplishment that you invented, come back down to earth and consider that you may not have had a unique thought. Perhaps the opposition you're seeing is for a different reason.

Edited By: Prime on Apr 6th 2021, 22:46:28

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 6th 2021, 23:57:17

Lol look at people's reaction, Prime. I'm as shocked as you people thought it was a unique idea. People saying it's a trash style when it would quite clearly generate the most nw is actually really silly to me.

I'm not out here saying I'm a genius. I'm out here saying it's hilarious to me that people dont realize that's a more effective play style in this environment.

The thing you got wrong tho, is clans never had like....well thought out retal policy or pacts. I think 2002 was the last time a pact was modernized at all aside from LaF going 200% with land retals. Game dynamics have changed drastically but pacts havent. And you're sorta missing what a combination of that play style in addition to clan GDI would would create in terms of protecting that sort of playstyle.

I'm not going to explain to you, a very smart guy, why being able to do only one hit per 72 or 48 could be abused and fix literally 0 current problems because you're a much smarter guy than me and I'm sure you understand it perfectly.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 7th 2021, 0:02:05

Considering your playstyle was never an effort to win servers or make good wars, but just to topfeed netters and cause drama, I'm certain you immediately thought of all the ways you could ruin netters sets. That's sort of the point.

I mostly dislike it because people like you exist. And I'm posing a hypothetical where I behave like you. If people like you weren't like the mod boss, it wouldnt be the first thing that pops in my head.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Apr 7th 2021, 0:09:27
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 7th 2021, 0:09:25

I'm not even sure what this is about at this point, but the game is fundamentally flawed from the foundation. You can try to patch it up, but because this is just a copy of Mehuls' game, it inherited flaws.

tmas Game profile

Apr 7th 2021, 1:07:14

I prefer the game the way it is now tbh. More fun then it ever was.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 7th 2021, 1:15:29

Originally posted by Requiem:
I'm not even sure what this is about at this point, but the game is fundamentally flawed from the foundation. You can try to patch it up, but because this is just a copy of Mehuls' game, it inherited flaws.

This game has always been the internet's red headed step child.....
(•_•)

archaic Game profile

Apr 7th 2021, 17:43:13

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Originally posted by Requiem:

This game has always been the internet's red headed step child.....

Two time webby award winning red headed step child you peasant

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 7th 2021, 18:06:37

Damn, it even got awarded...
(•_•)

Prime

Apr 8th 2021, 0:20:39

And somehow you still miss the point, Derrick.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Apr 8th 2021, 0:31:45

nothing irritates me more than a person who believes that his view is more important than another mans.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 8th 2021, 0:42:04

The 200% land to land policy never caused anyone to hit us. It was introduced halfway through the 4th reset of the SoFElders jihad on us where they pacted us with a 'NoFS pact' but proceeded with a massive landgrabbing campaign on us. For hits since that set mid 2017 we have claimed 200% land to land in less than 10 cases total.
And the policy is pretty much moot now anyway and won't be used unless game changes occur or someone grabs us over and over.

I also dont see why a 200% land:land retal policy causes more angst than a Kill:1 retal policy... what normally would result in a 2:1 or possibly a 3:1 is somehow more harsh than 250:1?

Edited By: Gerdler on Apr 8th 2021, 1:03:58. Reason: remembered what they called it
See Original Post