Verified:

Rob Game profile

Nov 30th 2021, 10:55:48

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Questions for you experienced techers out there...

-Do I set a land goal? If yes, what would be a goldilocks acreage range?

-If I continue grabbing past 25k mark, how many turns a day should I spend on grabbing and building? (My BPT is 65)

-Should I stay techer all the way till end or drop land and convert to mb to buy from my private?

My end game is where I struggle a lot, last set I should have easily made it past 100m NW and didn't because of stupid mistakes made during a few logins where I rushed myself instead of taking the proper time :-(

All advice will be appreciated, thank you!

I dont claim to be an expert for a primary techer but the benchmarks you should try to hit are:

- 30k acres with 30 days left in the set
- You will need around 90 - 100bpt to maximize turns for that, so 65 is way too low, and you will need to adjust your max land downwards and star stocking earlier now because of that

Those work well for a demo, but a theo in your current situation - my suggestion is stop grabbing at around 30 days left in the set, time your stocking and destocking wisely as food is going to be expensive this set.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 30th 2021, 11:00:50

Also, just because you choose a BPT that is optimal for 12k/18k acres, doesnt mean you should stop at those acreages necessarily. I would still shoot for a certain day or when the targets you can get away with hitting safely run out or something like that. But the low BPT will mean you will have slower growth and might have to stop growing sooner than otherwise.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 30th 2021, 18:56:32

Yeah I had a feeling part of my problem was the lack of understanding the BPT setup, I should have asked this earlier, dang it, ok thanks guys, I'll go til there's 30 days left and see where it gets me, at least now I'm clear on the BPT front 👍
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Rocky79 Game profile

Dec 1st 2021, 17:29:54

I guess I should have played a farmer

Food is more expensive than it is in California

g0nz0 Game profile

Dec 1st 2021, 18:31:36

Originally posted by Rocky79:

Just start grabbing farmers. You can always restructure farms to whatever build your strategy is when prices go down.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2021, 21:32:42

$299/bushel 😆
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Tmac Game profile

Dec 1st 2021, 23:24:40

I'm the only reason it held at $40 for so long. Demand wasn't high enough for me to sell everything. Seems like it's there now so no more selling on pm for me. No more selling at $40 either though, lol. If you techers want to sell some cheaper agri tech I'll be able to sell you more bushels!

LightBringer Game profile

Dec 1st 2021, 23:43:59

Originally posted by LightBringer:
Originally posted by TidyTerry:
Lot of cashers and techers, I was thinking casher with tech start but now I'm wondering if I should go Indy.

There is a massive shortage of farmers.

WHAT DID I SAY??
Hello

Cumorah Game profile

Dec 2nd 2021, 3:35:58

Anyone else feel the price of food is a little rude?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2021, 4:03:59

Originally posted by Cumorah:

Just a lil bit...
(•_•)

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Dec 2nd 2021, 12:27:25

I guess we need 2 usual top 10 veterans as farmers to feed the servers.. the smaller farmers can't feed us lol

TwoPodRay Game profile

Dec 2nd 2021, 17:37:08

I thought we did have at least 2, per the initial round of “who wanted to play what strat”, but perhaps those farms aren’t running at 100% capacity yet. Or maybe there are some supply chain issues at hand.

Joey0001 Game profile

Dec 2nd 2021, 17:55:26

I am reduced to eating a peanut butter sandwich. I suppose it's OK for now as I really enjoy them, but I feel like I'm going to start lashing out.

TwoPodRay Game profile

Dec 2nd 2021, 18:09:51

Originally posted by Joey0001:

I am reduced to eating a peanut butter sandwich. I suppose it's OK for now as I really enjoy them, but I feel like I'm going to start lashing out.

At least you haven't been reduced to ramen noodles yet.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2021, 23:08:43

Dear Underworld:

You should have bought my SDI 🤷‍♂️
(•_•)

Tmac Game profile

Dec 2nd 2021, 23:28:32

Do you really tech sdi? Lol

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2021, 23:59:04

🤫
(•_•)

momo Game profile

Dec 3rd 2021, 0:29:42

Originally posted by TwoPodRay:
I thought we did have at least 2, per the initial round of “who wanted to play what strat”, but perhaps those farms aren’t running at 100% capacity yet. Or maybe there are some supply chain issues at hand.

Maybe we need more government subsidies, let's ask Brandon.

Rocky79 Game profile

Dec 3rd 2021, 1:55:29

KoHeartsGPA you should tech military costs and sell it to me because I'm not paying these public market prices for Jets and Turrets

Its at $299 for turrets and that is outrageous

R.

Rocky79 Game profile

Dec 3rd 2021, 2:02:49

If the cashers, farmers and techers all became nationalists and supported their own private markets first for military purchases, it would cause these industrialist to offer some blow out deals!

Cumorah Game profile

Dec 3rd 2021, 5:17:32

If the cashers, farmers and techers all became nationalists and supported their own private markets first for military purchases, it would cause these industrialist to offer some blow out deals!

Cheaper military coming to a market near you shortly.... you’re welcome.

momo Game profile

Dec 3rd 2021, 19:41:51

Cheaper military coming to a market near you shortly.... you’re welcome.

Thanks!!!

g0nz0 Game profile

Dec 4th 2021, 18:06:33

Saddam, Ghadaffi, Arafat, Castro were nationalists. Look where that got em. I'm taking no fluff, (but I am stealing yours ;) ). Buy more jets.

g0nz0 Game profile

Dec 4th 2021, 18:14:24

Great job guys. Keep grabbing the farms. I want $60 food. Maybe $65 just to remember. There's no excuse for farmer abuse. Love thy neighbor and all that fluff.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 4th 2021, 20:12:10

Originally posted by g0nz0:
Great job guys. Keep grabbing the farms. I want $60 food. Maybe $65 just to remember. There's no excuse for farmer abuse. Love thy neighbor and all that fluff.

Bipolar?

Just start grabbing farmers. You can always restructure farms to whatever build your strategy is when prices go down.

People are following your advice.....
(•_•)

g0nz0 Game profile

Dec 5th 2021, 5:16:18

The advice was to get the farmers straightened out. Lower prices. Now Grab Indies, can always use those buildings. Land ration is affecting defense. You gain an advantage against fatties.

TidyTerry Game profile

Dec 6th 2021, 4:11:09

Originally posted by TidyTerry:
Lot of cashers and techers, I was thinking casher with tech start but now I'm wondering if I should go Indy.

There is a massive shortage of farmers.

WHAT DID I SAY??

You said go farmer. I still feel I'm doing ok for now. Next set I will listen.

Rocky79 Game profile

Dec 6th 2021, 18:26:00

What does everyone spend their bonus points on?

I've just been spending them on lowering expenses every time I get 8 points, I figure towards the end of the round it will pay off and I will have much less expenses per turn

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2021, 18:58:53

Turns (techer here)
(•_•)

TwoPodRay Game profile

Dec 6th 2021, 19:31:19

What does everyone spend their bonus points on?

I've just been spending them on lowering expenses every time I get 8 points, I figure towards the end of the round it will pay off and I will have much less expenses per turn

Expenses is a great all-around choice, hard to go wrong there. You can end up holding more military (affordably) for better offense or defense rather than having it tied up in cash or stock.

Resource Decay would be an interesting experiment for a casher or farmer perhaps? And only truly most useful when you have it maxed? But I think Expenses would be the better option.

Turns for techers would be great, though probably still useful for other strategies, particularly early in the set. More front/loaded benefits than the percentage based benefits.

The booms would be most useful towards the end of the set when you’ve maxed out your output and you’re just cashing to stock. I think one boom is equal to about 3-4 turns of output? I’d need to double check that though.

Edited By: TwoPodRay on Dec 7th 2021, 5:13:52
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 6th 2021, 20:50:54

Expenses are great use of bonuses in primary as TPRay says. I very much discourage the use of resource decay as if you end up storing great deals of cash someone will like to hit you for it.

Booms are 3x the production so one of them basically adds 2 turns of production per boom without adding expenses/food consumption of extra turns. Turns can still be good for Fascist farmer oilers since they are mixed production and therefore booms are less worth. And techers ofc who cant boom.

Cumorah Game profile

Dec 6th 2021, 22:34:00

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Expenses are great use of bonuses in primary as TPRay says. I very much discourage the use of resource decay as if you end up storing great deals of cash someone will like to hit you for it.

Booms are 3x the production so one of them basically adds 2 turns of production per boom without adding expenses/food consumption of extra turns. Turns can still be good for Fascist farmer oilers since they are mixed production and therefore booms are less worth. And techers ofc who cant boom.

Agree - I usually get expenses to at least 30% then use bonus points to boom at the end of the set for the reason you mentioned above.

Tmac Game profile

Dec 6th 2021, 23:32:16

Going expenses all set allows me to entirely skip stocking. The endgame for my rep casher is simply cash turns and buy military as I go, lol.

Rob Game profile

Dec 7th 2021, 14:22:22

Originally posted by Tmac:
Going expenses all set allows me to entirely skip stocking. The endgame for my rep casher is simply cash turns and buy military as I go, lol.

Casher goes expenses pretty much all the way to 40% for sure.

Rocky79 Game profile

Dec 7th 2021, 17:16:46

40% wow, I guess you would have to pay money to get the extra bonus to get there wouldn't you?

I'm almost at 20% now and the round is half over, and I click those bonus ad things almost every day

Tmac Game profile

Dec 7th 2021, 19:59:42

50 days should get you to 40% if you're consistent with getting your bonus every 24 hours. 2 days to get free gdi. If you go premium that is 50 extra points or about an extra -5% in those 50 days.

TwoPodRay Game profile

Dec 8th 2021, 16:17:12

Y'all got anymore of that oil? *scratch* *scratch* *scratch*

g0nz0 Game profile

Dec 8th 2021, 16:21:15

We got Cashers, Techers, 2 maybe 3 farmers, Rainbows, and so far I found only 1 dedicated oiler.

Tmac Game profile

Dec 8th 2021, 17:10:10

1 oiler too many

TwoPodRay Game profile

Dec 8th 2021, 17:24:19

We got Cashers, Techers, 2 maybe 3 farmers, Rainbows, and so far I found only 1 dedicated oiler.

There’s a few Commies mixed in there too

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 8th 2021, 17:49:23

Katak getting into interesting waters....
(•_•)

Rocky79 Game profile

Dec 8th 2021, 18:04:35

That country hit me as well, and for no reason

It seems that the really good players have the discipline to only attack countries that are approx 1/4 their net worth and then you have these other players who are attacking countries that are the same size as them and can easily retaliate

I've been watching the two or three largest countries in land and watching who they attack and trying my best to mimic their playing styles

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 8th 2021, 18:07:57

It seems that the really good players have the discipline to only attack countries that are approx 1/4 their net worth and then you have these other players who are attacking countries that are the same size as them and can easily retaliate

I've been watching the two or three largest countries in land and watching who they attack and trying my best to mimic their playing styles

Which one are you?
(•_•)

g0nz0 Game profile

Dec 8th 2021, 18:28:09

It's easy to get grabin fever. Starting to see multi taps. Losing karma points. You should focus on your build. Cost/benefit and all that noise.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 8th 2021, 18:34:54

It's easy to get grabin fever. Starting to see multi taps. Losing karma points. You should focus on your build. Cost/benefit and all that noise.

Tomorrow is my last day grabbing, start stocking phase....
(•_•)

Rocky79 Game profile

Dec 8th 2021, 21:20:26

^^^

That is a lot of stocking, I was planning to continue land grabs and then stock for the final 7 days

TwoPodRay Game profile

Dec 8th 2021, 21:28:58

^^^

That is a lot of stocking, I was planning to continue land grabs and then stock for the final 7 days

You definitely want to be nearly done stocking by the final 7 days. Others here may have a better estimate of the number of turns you should aim to be done with grabbing vs stocking vs destocking depending on your strategy.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 8th 2021, 22:12:09

Techer always stocks first no matter the server.

I think in primary you shouldnt grab past day ~30 as a techer. Not saying day 30 is the optimal day to stop just that around there is the latest you can grab generally.

For casher, indy and farmer it's much later. But it also depends on a lot more factors such as, most obviously; are you running out of targets you can safely gain land from without getting retalled or being forced to buy up a lot more defences to avoid a retal from.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 8th 2021, 22:59:49

Yeah, there are a lot of variables and that's an understatement for this server since it is so dynamic with every set being different from the last, there's general rules per say on what each strategy should be doing at each point during the set but it varies depending on how the set goes, sorry if I confused you Rocky79 :P
(•_•)

Tmac Game profile

Dec 8th 2021, 23:25:18

Maybe I won't have to go back to selling on the pm if koh starts buying bushels up!