Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2020, 2:52:21

Originally posted by Chevs:
My only point was, the idea has merit, but will benefit large clans way more than small ones. Do we really want to cater to the biggest clans on every server?

Edit: also I admittedly haven’t read any of the discussion. Posts too long.

To summarize what Chevs just said..."I'm talking out of my ass hole"
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2020, 9:07:53

Oh ffs.

You guys are taking this discussion a little bit further than it was intended..

Yes this would be a gameplay change, it would mean that individual suiciders that are non-tagged would lose almost all of their power that they have.

It would also mean that hostilities between warring clans could be easily set with a timer (and perhaps some form of declare war bonus..havn't spoken about it don't fluffing blow it out of proportion again).

I know all you greifing and warring folks think its just a jab at you. BUT the game is a bit stale I am sure we can all agree on that yes? for every reset that is ruined by someone who thinks they are "havin a bit of fun" usually brings them closer to quitting.. way more than some war changes intended on making clan warring actually fun with more interaction other than some stupid banter in the Newsroom..

You're all probably going to disagree with me now anyway so have at it. But remember this, I am the most active admin/dev we have at the moment.. and its not my way or the highway but if you on purpose try to piss me off you wont like the outcome.

Chevs

Dec 19th 2020, 14:18:27

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
My only point was, the idea has merit, but will benefit large clans way more than small ones. Do we really want to cater to the biggest clans on every server?

Why are you so obsessed with me?
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2020, 14:36:04

Enshula you are making my point for me,

SOL RoRd that guy and that guy if he retals again is likely dead.

If you give him a 24-72 hour cooldown to declare war he can’t do any damage before going down, even tho he didn’t start the conflict

Unless I’m not understanding something or seeing the news wrong.

i thought it was an interesting example, under some policies the last hit was actually valid, because only one retal ia allowed if you tag up after being hit, the main point though was if i was sol id prefer to be able to stop the initial hits being made rather than try to gain a little bit of land

i noticed it because i was looking at the biggest grabs on the server

right now happy halloween is still up about 500 acres so it hasnt even been a disaster for him and they can probably work it out

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 19th 2020, 14:37:13

Originally posted by Bug:
Oh ffs.

You guys are taking this discussion a little bit further than it was intended..

Yes this would be a gameplay change, it would mean that individual suiciders that are non-tagged would lose almost all of their power that they have.

It would also mean that hostilities between warring clans could be easily set with a timer (and perhaps some form of declare war bonus..havn't spoken about it don't fluffing blow it out of proportion again).

I know all you greifing and warring folks think its just a jab at you. BUT the game is a bit stale I am sure we can all agree on that yes? for every reset that is ruined by someone who thinks they are "havin a bit of fun" usually brings them closer to quitting.. way more than some war changes intended on making clan warring actually fun with more interaction other than some stupid banter in the Newsroom..

You're all probably going to disagree with me now anyway so have at it. But remember this, I am the most active admin/dev we have at the moment.. and its not my way or the highway but if you on purpose try to piss me off you wont like the outcome.

Which will be like every other dev...... they go poof. Zarcon tried to do some things, but this kind of back and forth stuff is annoying for the dev team.
Like other games, they could just implement and make changes and ignore the player salt.
Bug is right...
The cheese is old and moldy.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

The_Hawk

Dec 19th 2020, 15:33:44

Originally posted by Bug:
Oh ffs.

You probably should omit this last part. Imagine if primeval talked this way. We would have a 20 page post about why the mod boss shouldn't talk this way or show a bias.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2020, 16:17:17

Lol primeval does talk like that tho. Hahaha. I don't even think that's an offense to the guy. He is an asshole but most of the time it is warranted. Most.....lol ;)

Either way. 80% of this discussion was positive I think. And 10% of it was random shots on me which is expected most times I post and even times I don't. Let's not quibble over the other 10%.

Enshula you are making my point for me,

SOL RoRd that guy and that guy if he retals again is likely dead.

If you give him a 24-72 hour cooldown to declare war he can’t do any damage before going down, even tho he didn’t start the conflict

Unless I’m not understanding something or seeing the news wrong.

How that example would change:
Stoner canuck would have only been able to do 1 hit not a double tap to open the exchange (and probably at that time would have been alerted to the fact he was accidentally hitting a player if that was the case, but let's assume he was intentionally bullying)
Happy Halloween likely takes 1 retal but is afforded the option of taking two. Let's assume he does take 2. He is up ~200 acres if he takes 1 so he may stop there, but let's assume he fires off a second.
Stoner canuck has to now wait an hour after he did the RoR. At the time he did that RoR, he would not have been allowed to do it. So now he must wait.
After the time is off he RoRs. Happy Halloween can now take 2 more retals or let it go at two hits a side and him way ahead. If he does? Yes probably maybe sol kills him. But theres near to 48 hours of time to talk about it and resolve a fair exchange with the player. And I think the most likely scenarios are that he comes out of it 1:1 or 2:2 rather than 2:3 like he did here.

Under these rules, sol could not kill this country outright if he retals with a surprise attack, they'd have to warn him, and 2 of three hits they did would have been disallowed either because of timing or because of number of hits allowed. Under these rules, the guy could set or see the time he gets to wall, and be well ahead on the exchanges going into it.

So to answer your question, could SOL still bully this guy? Absolutely. But as much and as frequently as they can now? No. I think under these rules, you're more likely looking at a 1 to 1 exchange rather than 5 hits which would have actually protected the guy more.

I get why you'd wanna protect that guy as much as possible when addressing a mechanics change, but I think this does actually step in the direction of protecting him moreso than the current mechanics do, which is to say, they don't.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Dec 19th 2020, 17:25:06
See Original Post

Chevs

Dec 19th 2020, 17:58:23

Good post Derrick I see your point.

I just think the timeout thing is broken in favour of larger alliances. I’m sure there’s a common ground somewhere.

If you take the example of elders warring laf for a year, I wasn’t here at the time but my understanding is you were heavily outnumbered.

how would elders have stood a chance if they had to declare and be sitting ducks for 24-72 hours, then get annihilated.

It’s almost like coming OOP 2.0
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2020, 18:08:35

i think they devolved into earlier and earlier first strikes with everyone having to play the same strat each set, that got very samey with maybe being over after 1 or 2 weeks but dragging out for the whole set

one of the benefits of this change is no one would need to prep for an oop fs to such a huge degree anymore

and im not sure people are sitting ducks, the war might just start at the time, rather than the defender being able to start it earlier at their own time of choice

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2020, 18:53:10

Kind of funny to think about a one year war that started I think over 3 topfeeds. That changeset sure made a difference. I think we were attempting to goad LaF into a war and probably still would have, but it's crazy how much damage you used to be able to do in 3 hits a couple changesets ago. I even remember a single suicider doing like 700b in reps damage or something during the time lol. Kudos to the dev team for an obvious improvement.

As I remember, theres like 2 wins a piece and 2 mutual destruction sets in that year. I think LaF would have fought better but still to losses in the 2 sets we blindsided them netting. And elders/sof certainly would have benefited greatly from knowing the 3 OOP AB FS's were coming in advance, but at the time, we were outclassed strategically by that method, still would have lost 2 and gotten crushed in MD100 declaring on the entire server. We did pretty much know it was coming one set and still got our asses handed to us.

Idk. The breakdown into the war would have looked a lot different, but the two sets we were able to surprise blindside them netting and the 2 they surprise OOP AB'd us in a bubble, I feel like they would have actually been improved. 24 hours isnt a long time to completely convert from netting, SDI would get stupid, military prices would fly (mmmmm market stimulation), and there still would have been many soft targets. If we were smart, we'd capitalize on those markets and go into the war rich af.

In my head, I feel like the wars still would have happened more or less the way that they did, with the definitive results being a hair more competitive and having an additional period of market interplay and trash talk. And I honestly hope that's true. I really do.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Dec 19th 2020, 19:27:44
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2020, 0:37:56

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Why are you so obsessed with me?

That's the thing, I'm not, and the fact that you think I am leads me to believe you're way too much in love with yourself, btw, where's my reps?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2020, 1:00:51

That's actually a funny thing. As much as I'd like this thread on topic continuously I'll break for this one because you're the third such person chevs had said loves him like ppl love me.

I feel like dude wants to have Derrick level flack and ppl making posts about him all day like they do me. But he's not done enough 200m nw war comebacks, server wins and leaderboard appearances to get there.

He shouldn't choose me as an enemy as he has, because he's trying to take my place in something I'd very much rather he did. I wanna start flying under the radar but I keep having a post named "SO DERRICK!!!?" every like 3 days lol. I love to type jokes and lived it and loved it for years. It's a fun character to play. I really hope he gets to the point where the whole community in unity actually goes "SO CHEVS!!!?" and completely forgets I exist. Trying to fade away rather than burn out atm super unsuccessfully. And my lack of success fading away makes me wanna quit without these rule changes.

I think hes right on point to be the next Derrick, he just needs to actually become good at the game. I wonder if he'd let me train him to actually win sometimes before I realize how much I dont wanna put up with direct homophobia. Oh well. I'm sure he'll figure it out and people will forget about me eventually. Fingers crossed.

As a member of my hater club tho, I have to say directly I appreciated his posts here and thought they were very good for the discussion. He's a lot like me actually in that he can turn off the hot garbage vibe for an intelligent conversation about improving the game. I find myself fond of him now because of it.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Dec 20th 2020, 1:27:07
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2020, 1:41:27

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
That's actually a funny thing. As much as I'd like this thread on topic continuously I'll break for this one because you're the third such person chevs had said loves him like ppl love me.

I feel like dude wants to have Derrick level flack and ppl making posts about him all day like they do me. But he's not done enough 200m nw war comebacks, server wins and leaderboard appearances to get there.

He shouldn't choose me as an enemy as he has, because he's trying to take my place in something I'd very much rather he did. I wanna start flying under the radar but I keep having a post named "SO DERRICK!!!?" every like 3 days lol. I love to type jokes and lived it and loved it for years. It's a fun character to play. I really hope he gets to the point where the whole community in unity actually goes "SO CHEVS!!!?" and completely forgets I exist. Trying to fade away rather than burn out atm super unsuccessfully. And my lack of success fading away makes me wanna quit without these rule changes.

I think hes right on point to be the next Derrick, he just needs to actually become good at the game. I wonder if he'd let me train him to actually win sometimes before I realize how much I dont wanna put up with direct homophobia. Oh well. I'm sure he'll figure it out and people will forget about me eventually. Fingers crossed.

As a member of my hater club tho, I have to say directly I appreciated his posts here and thought they were very good for the discussion. He's a lot like me actually in that he can turn off the hot garbage vibe for an intelligent conversation about improving the game. I find myself fond of him now because of it.

Ask him to let you join Real Men so you can teach him!
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2020, 1:44:51

Lol. One of their 4 told me to make a fake nick and run with them. I almost did but I couldn't think of the punchline. Felt like an underwear gnome. Was like

Step 1: suicide netters to troll chevs
Step 2:
Step 3: make profit.

If I could have thought of a way to spin it into a funny punchline, I absolutely would have. Wouldda taught him everything I know for the joke if I just had the hilarious conclusion in mind. Haha. If I ever come up with the punchline I absolutely will tho. I just couldn't ever get beyond the part where they are not just badasses but in reality feel wronged because they get hit on occasion. And the whole reason they suicide is bcuz they got hit and have hurt feelings.

If they were like elders claiming they were doing it because they just frankly have nuts the size of Nebraska you know I'd already be there. It almost landed with me but was just too much bad player trying to grief vibes instead of random player with huge nuts vibe. They were close anyways.

All I really learned is why I like jayr so much. It's just about the nuts really and not about the gameplay.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Dec 20th 2020, 1:54:14
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2020, 1:50:28

Dang it, a missed opportunity, bro!
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2020, 2:03:35

Ehhhh I figure I'd still be searching for the punchline. I'll just keep playing with jayr so the punchline is already part of the joke. He's been doing what they're attempting better for over half of my life. At some point, you realize he is your hero, and honestly, should be theirs. He's the king of that behavior. As long as he is team derrick, I gotta stay Derrick team too.

Hilariously guys like that is really all that has kept me playing. It's hard being suicided every set on every server constantly for being wicked awesome. But we should stay on topic. Theres plenty of other threads named "Derrick" or "so derrick" or whatever where we can all post about my unwanted celebrity and I still dont think this thread is totally useless to the suggestion.

There are still good points being made and good scenarios to talk about how they might play out in this ethos. I give you all a B+

Edited By: DerrickICN on Dec 20th 2020, 4:06:55
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 20th 2020, 4:07:59

Ehhhh I figure I'd still be searching for the punchline. I'll just keep playing with jayr so the punchline is already part of the joke. He's been doing what they're attempting better for over half of my life. At some point, you realize he is your hero, and honestly, should be theirs. He's the king of that behavior. As long as he is team derrick, I gotta stay Derrick team too.

Hilariously guys like that is really all that has kept me playing. It's hard being suicided every set on every server constantly for being wicked awesome. But we should stay on topic. Theres plenty of other threads named "Derrick" or "so derrick" or whatever where we can all post about my unwanted celebrity and I still dont think this thread is totally useless to the suggestion.

LOL, Jayr is solid dude, I played along side with him in Team and as volatile as he is, he's also hilarious to play with.
(•_•)

Prime

Dec 20th 2020, 4:39:27

I haven't missed watering my crops all week and not one "friend" has commented on my farm.

Chevs

Dec 20th 2020, 13:37:10

I find myself fond of him now because of it.

Gross , why are you so obsessed with me
SOF Head Of Poop

Chevs

Dec 20th 2020, 13:40:28

Back to the thread , re: war..

I won’t be warring until CD and chems are nerfed, which is a way simpler fix than this one, not saying this is bad, just that CD/Chem are straight broken. I’m not building a country for 6 weeks just to die in 3 seconds anymore.

I also saw brigg with a unique way to repurpose ABs that I liked
SOF Head Of Poop

m0bzta Game profile

Dec 26th 2020, 11:24:11

1a /ffa/ teams need its own coder and they only code it that way they can do what they think is needed and each one can do its own thing and change... i don't think each server play should be the same

each one needs to evolve just saying this game has some changes but still the same fluff

need to evolve to come better

but what do i know....

add stages to get more bonus levels to grow your country oops their i go trying to make endrev again lol

that way you have to hit only stage ones or stage two or three so one

and still have tech just new tech give more or less no matter the land

thats dumb mob shut up
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 16th 2021, 23:06:47

Yea, I'd be interested in seeing how something like this could work
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2021, 12:10:33

Originally posted by Pang:
Yea, I'd be interested in seeing how something like this could work

There are thousands of potential solutions to this problem; in my opinion, as long as it provides players the choice on how they want to play without disrupting the market(s) -- it should be the end goal.

Key points:
- Players get to choose how they want to play (protect their investment in pang coin bonus points spent)
- Maintain a healthy market -- many different ways for that to work.

I say make a changeset, and if it fails, roll it back or keep changing it until everyone is happy! This is a change where everyone will have an opinion. Just define the end goals and work towards a solution to achieve the results wanted.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 17th 2021, 15:40:03

Originally posted by Requiem:

There are thousands of potential solutions to this problem; in my opinion, as long as it provides players the choice on how they want to play without disrupting the market(s) -- it should be the end goal.

Key points:
- Players get to choose how they want to play (protect their investment in pang coin bonus points spent)
- Maintain a healthy market -- many different ways for that to work.

I will solve this right now because Im in a giving mood:
Step 1: Create clan GDI that forbids user from attacking any tagged country and forbids EVERY.COUNTRY.IN.THE.GAME.FROM.ATTACKING.YOU.IN.ANY.WAY.SHAPE.OR.FORM.

-Cost:
You need to keep MMRs 1 troops, 1 turret and 1 tank at all times(not per acre, not per anything, just one of each at all times) and your units decay at a rate of:
1 troop per turn/turn taken
0.75 turrets per turn/turn taken
0.25 tanks per turn/turn taken
If you fail to meet these MMRs (1 troop, 1 turret, 1 tank) at any time, you get a "military shortage" which has the effects of a turn with a drought, with a riot, with a worker strike, with an oil fire, and with a cash/food shortage(it stops you from taking more turns).

-If a country in clan GDI hits another country the defending country may hit back for 72 hours with an SS/PS. If another hit is made within 72 hours of the first hit, the 72 hours is extended to 72 days and all attack types are made available.

Step 2: Profit.

You see what I did there? I made the peacetime troop/turret/tank demand massively higher, while removing griefing altogether, and netters would join it because the cost is limited to $0-2.5 million per turn(depending on turns taken and prices) and doesn't hinder bot grabbing either with limitations or by inflating MMRs to the point that all bots are out of humanitarians range.

Edit: I forgot to mention that one of the most important benefits of this would be that it enables us to freely develop warfare without any concern for netters.

Edited By: Gerdler on Jan 17th 2021, 16:04:41

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2021, 16:25:05

@Gerdler
Well, count us lucky you are in a giving mood.

Originally posted by Gerdler:

-If a country in clan GDI hits another country the defending country may hit back for 72 hours with an SS/PS. If another hit is made within 72 hours of the first hit, the 72 hours is extended to 72 days and all attack types are made available.

For the sake of clarity, they can only hit an untagged country?

You need to keep MMRs 1 troops, 1 turret and 1 tank at all times(not per acre, not per anything, just one of each at all times)

What is the rationale for just 1? I think it would be more interesting to require troops to operate other military units. 1 troop is required to launch one jet or tank, or turret to defend. This would also increase food demand, among other things.

Edited By: Requiem on Jan 17th 2021, 16:27:16

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 17th 2021, 18:41:04

@Gerdler
Well, count us lucky you are in a giving mood.

For the sake of clarity, they can only hit an untagged country?

Yes, I mentioned that. You can't hit tags because that would mean you can hit them and they cant hit you (until you have already hit them).

You need to keep MMRs 1 troops, 1 turret and 1 tank at all times(not per acre, not per anything, just one of each at all times)

What is the rationale for just 1? I think it would be more interesting to require troops to operate other military units. 1 troop is required to launch one jet or tank, or turret to defend. This would also increase food demand, among other things.

The rationale for just 1 is because we want to incur a large enough cost that actually benefits the market, and higher expenses don't benefit the market at all. Also it doesnt benefit the market at all to put netters out of humanitarians range sooner, which is already a thing.
1 troop means that if you wanna cash 100 turns after 4500 turns you need like 455001 troops. You are constantly purchasing troops tanks turrets in order to keep that 1 last unit.

Your method of requiring tanks and troops to hit out with jets would also increase demand but the issue is that only a portion of the cost incurred would actually benefit the market.
Cost of my proposal is like 99% the purchase of units as it doesnt require you to keep units on hand.
Your proposal requires us to send troops on SS/PS and as such increases our oil demand, all else being equal. Carrying PSed troops/tanks or such units for SSing will increase your NW, taking you out of humanitarians range of more bots.

I think as such that proposal(which has been proposed many times before, including by me) works much better to use on the entire game rather than as cost incurred on Clan GDI as if it was applied only to a portion of the countries in the game, that portion of countries would be unable to compete.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2021, 21:56:30

Afaik Rockman was the original creator of the idea. A real innovator full or original ideas.

Prime

Jan 18th 2021, 4:41:12

But after a player joins their safe space will I still be able to visit their farm and comment on their crops?